Toolbox from building Windmills

J Galt

I have been trying diligently for 5 days now to get a toolbox from this quest, I realized going in that it wasn't going to be an instant grab product at 5 (+1%) but I am beginning to wonder if there is something bugged. As far as I understand things motivation shouldn't be affecting my getting this item since it is a product so I find it somewhat amazing that I have now performed this single job 61 times without a drop. This is needed for a so this delay in achieving my desired result is somewhat maddening. In a perfect world I should have had a positive result by around by 20th time if I understand things properly.

Any assistance here would be appreciated, I am in world Arizona if this makes any difference.

billions911

in a proper world,yes.but in this case no,tho,i did receive 3 toolboxes after around 50-60 tries which is a lot better than u.in ur case,u seem to be just really unluck :/

supraxus

Back to my point that I and many others believe the product drop rates are just simply untrue...

Hentai Girl

It all depends only on luck i think. And i can`t even explain it sometimes. As for me i personally have very high luck to find products, for example i did 4 hunting grizzly and founded 2 grizzly head with drop chance 3%, did 6 charlatan and founded 4 elixir with 14% chance. But still i have super bad luck to get crafting skill points with crafting at two green level (i did 6-7 crafts to get 1 skill point).

shadow dragon

I find it somewhat amazing that I have now performed this single job 61 times without a drop.
The chance of this happening is 2.29% which is pretty low. I had a similar experience when I did 19 jobs of picking corn (28% drop chance for advents) without getting a single one. The chance of that happening is 0.19% So either motivation is having some influence on product drops, or we are just unlucky.

sandaki

Try changing the gear and location of the job. It may work :)
work motivation never affects the product drop.

J Galt

I am up to 70 times now without a drop. I truly think that there is a bug, perhaps Toolbox isn't marked as a product?

Hentai Girl

I think you`d betted did some money jobs and bought toolbox at the market:)

I can sympathize with your bad luck - I have similar luck with getting Cooking Pots - @ 12% (+1 luck through gear) - nothing for 25 hours.
Yet other worlds I can pick up Gold Dust for fun ...
I find that you can spend a long time on a job for no reward then bingo!!, you end up getting 2 or 3 product in a row, which kinda sucks in a way.

J Galt

Well, at this point I am thinking this is going to be an exercise in proving there is a problem with the system. I just put in my next 4 instances of the job which will put me at 80 attempts when they have completed. I will need to rest for 8 hours again after this to regain energy and will keep at it stopping only to rest for energy or when offline. and I'll keep posting at every 10 or when I actually get a toolbox. I'd really like to see a mod / dev talk about this though.

Zeta-Navy

i did this job 30 hours golden with premium income, means 13% droprate and 40 hours silver means 10% droprate and i had a wholesome 1 toolbox

but for any drop with 1-20% droprates you usually get way less then the droprate actually state, i only do those silver or gold if avaiable since otherwise your chanceless, but i am lucky then still if i reach the non premium non silver or golden droprates for those jobs.

though the worst was that i found no blueberries on a 2 picking blueberries jobs, 99% droprate :D i still don't know if i have to cry or laugh about that

Elmyr

I think you`d betted did some money jobs and bought toolbox at the market:)
Yeah, people say $2500 is too high for a toolbox and then proceed to spend enough time to earn $5000 from money jobs to find one themselves.

futurama1001

Try changing the gear and location of the job. It may work :)
work motivation never affects the product drop.
Neither does the gear you wear or the location of the job, it'd be pure coincidence if trying a second job site improved your luck. But then again, I'm guilty of my own superstitions :p

angedelamort

regarding drop rates - they seem to be little lower than expected.
was doing WTM for 500 times, got a 47.8% product drop rate (full premium Adventurer should be getting 50.4% drop rate)

today on a different world a premium worker got 5 coal by coal mining 21 times - its a 23.8% drop rate against expected 56% - considering it to be unlucky. Will try to do it for 1000 times and do the calculations

zd3no

Neither does the gear you wear or the location of the job, it'd be pure coincidence if trying a second job site improved your luck. But then again, I'm guilty of my own superstitions :p
I've heard that you should keep your breath while waiting for the job ... that will give you extra 30% drop chance :D