Too Duel Centric

• Thread starter DeletedUser23252
  • Start date

DeletedUser23252

Just my two cents worth, but this game has placed way to much emphasis on dueling as examples,

Pinkerton-10 NPC duels
Outpost-5 NPC duels
Outpost- 150 experience from duels
Dead Man's hand-5 Wanted posters
Call to Adventure- 5 NPC duels

These are just some of the examples of my level 50 adventurer one or two is fine but I have level 40's characters still working on the outpost quest line.

DeletedUser

I am on the last bit of what started out as the Outpost Quest - goes way beyond level 50, I am on 94 - You have to accept this is a duel based game and some quests require duels (i have yet to do the one hit KO) I think you will have to grin and bear it!

DeletedUser

I am on the last bit of what started out as the Outpost Quest - goes way beyond level 50, I am on 94 - You have to accept this is a duel based game and some quests require duels (i have yet to do the one hit KO) I think you will have to grin and bear it!

so 10-ish duel quests against more then 500 others and you think this game is too much duel centric?

DeletedUser36979

First I think you need to differ between player-duels (not many of those in the quests, except for the duel questline "Dead mans hand") and NPC-duels

Both have their place in the game, and in newer questlines, we have a choice of dueling or doing something else.

Only real problem I see with dueling as part of quests is NPC-KO, which at higher levels require a duel-spec to reach the damage needed to do the 2k+ health in one go, since we don't have the option of coming back an hour later to finish the job.

DeletedUser34315

Just my two cents worth, but this game has placed way to much emphasis on dueling as examples,

Pinkerton-10 NPC duels
Outpost-5 NPC duels
Outpost- 150 experience from duels
Dead Man's hand-5 Wanted posters
Call to Adventure- 5 NPC duels

These are just some of the examples of my level 50 adventurer one or two is fine but I have level 40's characters still working on the outpost quest line.

Just my two cents worth, but this game has placed way to much emphasis on working as examples,

Drama Queens-15 subquests about working
Call of Zuma-20+hours of jobs
Fort Mencer-5+ job subquests
The day laborer-7 jobbing subquests

These are just some of the examples of my level 140 dueler one or two is fine but I have level 140's characters still working on the drama queens quest line.

DeletedUser23252

Just my two cents worth, but this game has placed way to much emphasis on working as examples,

Drama Queens-15 subquests about working
Call of Zuma-20+hours of jobs
Fort Mencer-5+ job subquests
The day laborer-7 jobbing subquests

These are just some of the examples of my level 140 dueler one or two is fine but I have level 140's characters still working on the drama queens quest line.

The difference it's hard to die picking corn and at worse 33% damage if you do get hurt, while dueling you can loose 100% health.

Apelatia

Personally, I see no problems with having duelling integrated into questlines. The amount of NPC and player duels in them is really quite small when compared against the total number of single quests out there for us to complete. As a quest junkie from the beginning, I've always enjoyed having an element of risk applied to my game, whether I was skilled as a fort fighter, a dueller, a builder or even pure swimming. Duels are a part of the game, and their presence in questlines is neither excessive nor against the spirit of the game.

DeletedUser26820

Just my two cents worth, but complete 1170 or so quests and then repost if you still think that quest requirements are duel centric.

If one wanted to invest the time, they could make an argument that quests are level up centric.
That quests are repeatable holiday centric.
That most quests involve a lot of labor and are completing jobs centric.
That multiple quests have crafting buff requirements, making them crafted buff centric.

Complete 1170 or so quests and let us know if you still think quests are duel centric...

720 hours of exploration to get a title in a quest will erase all thoughts of quests being centric on anything but insanity.

DeletedUser36559

It's more job centric than duel centric if you ask me but It's better to have a mix of jobs, duels rather than just jobs alone.

DeletedUser

With all of the new sets that have come out, it seems that it is easy to gain the disadvantage of dueling for those who are quest people. I know for a fact that if you are pure fine motor skills you can get the bonus of a ranged dueler. Some sets are not that expensive.

DeletedUser35101

If talking about game being centric at something... for what it looks to me this game is mostly "clothes centric".. :hmf:

DeletedUser

If talking about game being centric at something... for what it looks to me this game is mostly "clothes centric".. :hmf:

That is true. It does seem rather interesting that so many new items have been added to the game. I am currently using Allan for WTM and Natty for fort fighting. A couple of years ago, the named items could have sold for a lot of money. Now some of the named item are being collected and not sold, because people do not want them; they want the named sets.

Reyne

Personally, I see no problems with having duelling integrated into questlines. The amount of NPC and player duels in them is really quite small when compared against the total number of single quests out there for us to complete. As a quest junkie from the beginning, I've always enjoyed having an element of risk applied to my game, whether I was skilled as a fort fighter, a dueller, a builder or even pure swimming. Duels are a part of the game, and their presence in questlines is neither excessive nor against the spirit of the game.

Hi. :) Risk is one thing, and not unwelcome. It's when they become impossible (without reskilling) to do, risk or not, that ruins it for some. :)

Pankreas PorFavor

Hi. :) Risk is one thing, and not unwelcome. It's when they become impossible (without reskilling) to do, risk or not, that ruins it for some. :)

Because it's too hard to do in 2 days or so? God forbid that you have to save some bonds to buy 2 potions, reskill, complete the quests, reskill back. Yeah, that really ruins the game.
This was a game where people worked for months and months to achieve something, and we had 5- or even 6-digit number of players per world. Today, you can reach level 120 in a few weeks, and we have worlds where if you want to have a full large fort battle, 25% of the whole population has to join the battle. I am not saying that these two things are connected, but I am sure it's an indication of a certain trend - a trend I dislike very much.