Tom Clancy

DeletedUser

I recently started reading his books, ive been long time fan of his games, and movies inspired from his novels, but now im into his writing.

Im not starting a book club or anything, but perhaps some would like to discuss Tom Clancy's books here.

DeletedUser10480

Supposedly he has some real good insight into real Intel. Some of what he writes in his books, it is said, is real.

DeletedUser

I actually have not read any of his books, but with the recent SC: Conviction I'm going to start reading them.

DeletedUser

i have started OP-Center it's a very good read. And ive been trying to find the splinter cell books as well.

DeletedUser

I actually just started reading his books as well. So far I like what I've read. I only plan on reading books *he* actually wrote and not any of the spin offs that are written by other authors.

DeletedUser

that's true, I just looked at the splinter cell novelizations and they're all written by a different guy. Ive got to admit, Clancy knows have to tell a story and build up suspense. Not to mention, shock the reader. I've almost jumped while reading some suspensful moments in the book, it's very good.

DeletedUser

Red Storm Rising; Hunt for Red October; Without remorse and The Cardinal of the Kremlin were all good page-turners in my younger days.

DeletedUser

i haven't even seen the movie Hunt for Red October, and im recording Patriot Games.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3543

Always read the books before watching the movies.

So much of the book is left out of the film.

DeletedUser

well, i guess it's because in the book there's so much more going on the sidelines, things going through the character's head, and details to certain things that only a book or commentary can bring out.