Timing of Clothing Changes

DeletedUser

Ok, I recently bought a new hat that unlocks a new job and also adds LP to some of my other jobs. My question is "does it matter if you change clothes before, during or late into a job, as far as LP for that job is concerned?". I sometimes forget to change hats while walking to the next job and may remember to do it about 3 or 4 minutes into the next job. Will the extra LP still kick in or will I be too late? What if I change hats with a minute left to go on the job? Will it still use the higher LP for cash and XP calculations?

DeletedUser

Gear takes effect as soon as a job is scheduled. You can always change gear for defense or the next job, as long as you still have at least 1 LP for all jobs scheduled.

And I won't blame you for not finding this answer by searching: finding the right keywords for some questions can be difficult.

DeletedUser

Gear takes effect as soon as a job is scheduled. You can always change gear for defense or the next job, as long as you still have at least 1 LP for all jobs scheduled.

And I won't blame you for not finding this answer by searching: finding the right keywords for some questions can be difficult.

Well, that sucks. So, if I want to put two jobs into the que at the same time, I need to change gear, then schedule a job, then change gear again before scheduling the next job? The 2nd gear change won't effect the first job's LP?

DeletedUser

It won't affect the first jobs LP as far as what was used to calculate the LP for that job. As long as you have 1 LP in the job in each job you have queued you can change into any gear for the next job. It won't let you change gear if you drop below 1 LP in any job you have queued.

DeletedUser

Ok, I just figured out what I have to do when I have two jobs in the que and forgot to do the clothing changes in advance. While I'm still doing the 1st job, I can cancel the 2nd job, change hats and then re-schedule it.

DeletedUser

btw - it is spelt QUEUE.
Yours sincerely, A. Pedant

I stand corrected. I guess I was combining "queue" with "cue". Both are correct spellings, whereas "que" is not, apparently. :dry:

DeletedUser

"Gear takes effect as soon as a job is scheduled"

What is the factual basis for this statement? I only question it because the motivation for the job is calculated at the END of the job - check the job report. A 2 hr job always starts with 100% and ends with 94% motivation and the 94% motivation is what shows in the report.

It seems plausible that if the motivation is calculated at the end of the job, then so is the money, drops and exp.

I have just started testing this theory by starting a job and then changing into the best clothing whilst doing the job so that I am wearing the best clothing for the job at the END of the job. No results yet.

If the devs have stated that "Gear takes effect as soon as a job is scheduled" then I don't need to waste any time experimenting.

DeletedUser

"Gear takes effect as soon as a job is scheduled"

What is the factual basis for this statement?

Based most accurately on injuries. I've routinely done dangerous jobs like transporting ammo with 1 or 2 LP once I change gear and the injuries are consistent with the higher LP from before I changed gear, i.e. single to low double digits. I guess it's possible cash and luck are based on gear when the job is completed and injuries are based on gear when the job is scheduled, but that seems unlikely.

Edit: "Based most logically on injuries" would probably have been a better phrase.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thanks Elmyr. I suspected it was one of those facts that "everybody just knows".

I'll report back with the results of some testing.

Also, the 1LP requirement at the END of the job is inconsistent with the Best Clothes at the Beginning Theory. If you can change clothes after the job has started without affecting anything, why not allow a total change of clothes instead of requiring you keep your socks on at all times?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'd really like to get to the bottom of this, because I'm changing clothes quite often right now and want to get the best possible results. If Elmyr is right and it goes by what you have on when you schedule the job, then IMHO the programmers screwed up and lots of players are not getting the most out of their jobs. I sure never would have guessed it to be that way. It should go by what you're wearing when you actually start working the job or what you're wearing when you finish the job. Are you positive about this, Elmyr, or just going by your limited "tests"? This is kind of important. It should be answered in a sticky or something.

DeletedUser

Well, shouldn't it be the same across the board for LP, danger/injuries, cash, luck, XP, etc.?

DeletedUser

*sigh* Denisero agrees with me. This is far from the first time this topic has been discussed.

DeletedUser

I do agree with Elmyr. I've done Drilling for Oil and changed clothes after queuing the job into gear that lowers my LP and my cash, xp, and injuries are consistent with the gear I had on when I queued the job, not for what I had on at the end of the job.

DeletedUser

The best way to test this is by doing the "job" of construction.
The formula for construction points is:
CP = (LP/10+5)*M*t
where
CP = construction points
LP = labor points
M = motivation
t = number of 30min intervals (1 for 30 min, 2 for 1 hour, 4 for 2 hours).

Motivation is taken at the end of the job (the value from the report is rounded, i.e. if you work 30 minutes, the motivation will be 0.985, but the report will say 99%; use 0.985 in this case)
Labor points is taken at the time the job is scheduled.

You can try to increase or decrease your LP after scheduling the job, and see how the result changes.

[Construction is the only job with no random part in the result. As for money and experience, the best reward is 3 times the worst reward].

DeletedUser

Good idea, Storm. Maybe I'll test that the next time I build a building in town. Unfortunately, I just finished leveling up my bank and am now doing a quest. But I still have plenty of upgrades to do on my town, so eventually I'll be able to test this. Thanks.