Third Key from Fort Battles?

Red Falcon

Hello again everybody.

Since I am attempting to complete Unchained, I have attended a fort battle, where the team I was fighting alongside lost. Needless to say, at the end of the fort battle, I did not gain any items. Now here is my next question...Is it still possible to gain the Third Key from taking part in a fort battle? If so, then what are the odds of getting such an item? And will this item drop randomly? Or do certain prerequisites have to be met first? Yes, I did search for this question but I was not able to find anything relevant to my particular question...Cheers!

Ripwise

Hello again everybody.

Since I am attempting to complete Unchained, I have attended a fort battle, where the team I was fighting alongside lost. Needless to say, at the end of the fort battle, I did not gain any items. Now here is my next question...Is it still possible to gain the Third Key from taking part in a fort battle? If so, then what are the odds of getting such an item? And will this item drop randomly? Or do certain prerequisites have to be met first? Yes, I did search for this question but I was not able to find anything relevant to my particular question...Cheers!

You cannot get items from fort battles for almost 4 years now.

Here you can find answer how to get 3rd key: http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=50988.

DeletedUser35968

Basically there are 3 ways to get a 3.key.

1) Check in the market. You may get one for around $500k.
2) From the job Grave Robber or Work as a travelling merchant. For this you need 730+ Labor points and more than $4800 in luck (for premium $7200). And you won't get it in first try. You may need to try days, or weeks or months to get it.
3) Chests. Once I got one from a steel lined chest. Its like 2% chance.

DeletedUser22685

This quote here answers all my questions regarding the Third Key. It's a shame items no longer drop from Fort Battles. Makes getting the key harder than it needs to be. :hmf:

Not necessarily. It was completely impractical to rely on fort battles as your means of obtaining Key 3 since the chance to get it that way was so tiny. If you were searching for Key 3, you respecced to FMS and robbed graves for hours, you didn't ***** damage for steel chests and get upset when you got a pair of fancy shoes instead.

That hasn't changed. If anyone is so inclined to attempt to snatch an easy key through chests these days, they can do it just as easily through the bond shop, and will still end up disappointed.

Besides, it's so ridiculously simple to respec on a whim these days that nothing is "harder than it needs to be". In fact, everything is decidedly easier than it ever has been in the past.

DeletedUser33353

Agreed Futu...especially since most just spam the job 15 seconds at a time. They drop alot more quickly since I did that quest. What old timers did in days, can now be done in minutes :) A very big improvement imo.

Red Falcon

You're a genius, Kidd!

Agreed Futu...especially since most just spam the job 15 seconds at a time. They drop alot more quickly since I did that quest. What old timers did in days, can now be done in minutes :) A very big improvement imo.

Whoa nice! If I had known it was possible to get a key from 15-second job queues, I would have re-specced a LONG time ago. This one post alone has given me the most motivation I ever had and with today being Sunday, I usually get my motivation for the week from church. This time, however, my kudos go to you...Cheers! :D

DeletedUser36559

Whoa nice! If I had known it was possible to get a key from 15-second job queues, I would have re-specced a LONG time ago. This one post alone has given me the most motivation I ever had and with today being Sunday, I usually get my motivation for the week from church. This time, however, my kudos go to you...Cheers! :D

One of my friends got the 3rd key within 30 minutes of just spamming 15 second job queues. It's a fairly quicker way to obtain the 3rd key.