Theory behind what determines what items appear in shops

DeletedUser

Me and a friend came up with this theory that were going to try out.

having a high motivation and praying helps with item quality

construction just increases how fast the job is done basically.

some items need construction/ with some repair skill

some items need construction/ with some leadership skill

some items need construction/ with both leadership and repair skill

all weapons go off of leadership more than repair
if you put 1 point into leadership 1 strength 2 construction... that build is the best for a gunsmith builder

having people mix their skills up would probably be the best way to figure out what ratio drops certain items... you could have someone go construction/leadership and another construction/repair or whatever

DeletedUser

NO! not another person with this silly stuff stuff about construction!

its not true! non of it, motivation is what affects the probability of getting the items. higher motivation higher chance.

look at my signature and you will understand what i have being through.

DeletedUser15302

Hope you were wasting your own money with that Tom, I have been a town builder in many worlds now and have heard all of these theories the current favorite is to build with high motivation and pray once before every build on a shop and only push a building through a level once you have got it as close to the level up as possible without putting it through.

Do any of these methods work? Honestly I have no idea I've seen sparkling successes using it and dramatic failures sometimes I think luck plays a very crucial role in all this. Since the developers refuse to EVER let people know whether any of this makes a difference or not we may never know.

While I like your idea, mainly because it sounds logical and I have never heard that one before it could promote problems, your builders if they start branching out for high repair and leadership skills will waste a lot of points getting something which may not be useful and could cost your town a lot of money and efficiency, but hey its a game let me know how it works out I'd be interested to see the results.

DeletedUser

If you going to be a good builder do pure construction. saves time and money, you can always re-skill later.

then there is the item issue.
The most likely way it works is this:
when you construct a building the game will check the motivation and extrapolate a probability
After this the game will choose the items at random the building is going to receive and also use the probability to assign to them weather they are fancy normal or special items.

However the motivation does not have that bigger impact and is really all based on chance and what gets selected as your next items

DeletedUser

I do not claim to know how this works, but I do know that on W12 my pure builder got only sharp melee weapons with one or two normal ones and no rusty ones. The guns all sucked. I built two towns that way.

DeletedUser

Well it's obvious that all towns have exactly equal amounts of good, fair, and poor items (good being a Precise Peacemaker, fair being a Machete, and a poor item being a Rusty Foil). With that said, it is possible that construction skills may help determine certain items that appear, but to what extent?

If higher repairing skills help to determine that a good item like Fancy Cotton Shoes should appear in the tailor, then later a lesser item would have to take its place to level out the good-fair-bad item ratio - which is even for all towns. When that lesser item appears, then what determines where that item appears? In the shoe department or in the shirts?

Perhaps construction skills do not determine which items appear, but which section and at what level of item either good, fair, or poor item appears. Which would mean that if you wanted the Fancy Riding Boots, to appear for you, then you may need a high level of Leadership skills for example, to sway the odds when building the final level of the Tailor - unless of course you have already gotten lucky in your town and you have no more 'good item' spots to fill for you last few items received in the final upgrades to the Tailor.

All said and done, a theory is a theory and everybody will choose to believe what they want to believe. This mystery will most likely remain unsolved forever. If that is so, then there is probably a lot of randomness involved in the equation (if there even is one) to determine which items appear where.

DeletedUser

Yeah it looks like you guys are right it is all random. Thats a lousy aspect of this game than. What kind of logic is behind making weapon and item creation a random number roll.

DeletedUser

Yeah it looks like you guys are right it is all random. Thats a lousy aspect of this game than.
What (if I read correctly) most said was that there's no way to tell if it's pure random or not.
And there isn't the ability to have a big enough sample range to provide a definite result either way. One or two samples doesn't make a conclusion.

So unless there's a clear answer, I guess that the only thing you can do is to simply build your towns as best & efficiently as possible.

DeletedUser

So unless there's a clear answer, I guess that the only thing you can do is to simply build your towns as best & efficiently as possible.

Completely agree. Who's got the time and resources to conduct such a huge experiment? I think it just matters that you build the town up quickly without wasting much money. Perhaps they don't tell us how items are selected just to keep towns from trying to get all the best items. Would take some fun away from it.

DeletedUser

there is no luck , ABSOLUTELY NONE, with a computer program, no way there can possibly be :razz::razz::razz::razz::razz:
LOL! You might as well be saying that there is no luck in life. Programming like this is simple: You put (for example) 13% chance of finding a turkey after working for 15 minutes in the Hunting Turkey job. How do you program this? Simple, make it so that for every 100 players on the world to do the job for a 15 minute segment, there will be 13 players in the world to find a turkey item. Now, to take the luck out of this you would have to figure out when this turkey will be handed out by the server... but this is simply impossible because you cannot change the actions of other players nor find out their next ones.

So, you must rely on the randomness of what players will do and when the server will hand out 1 of the 13 turkeys per 100-15 minute segments only increasing your chances by working the job longer. When you do find the turkey item (if you are lucky), this is called your LUCK because the server randomly chose you. The only way to increase your luckiness chance is by working more minutes. Just as you would increase your luckiness in real life by searching for 4-leaf clovers for an extended period of time.

DeletedUser

Have you guys ever heard of Random Number Generators? Good grief. You're over analyzing the mathematical equation.

DeletedUser

in greek server 3 a player built 2 towns all alone.he prayed the same times with the same clothes and built with the same way both towns.the items in the second town are far better than the first.Random wins this round :razz:

DeletedUser

n greek server 3 a player built 2 towns all alone.he prayed the same times with the same clothes and built with the same way both towns.the items in the second town are far better than the first.Random wins this round
No it doesn't, not based on that. This is a classic case of fallacy of composition, that is just because you've seen it occur once, you assume that it's the standard outcome of those actions. If the chances increased from 20% to 30% by this action, how could you reach a suitable conclusion based on one result.
Additionally I can tell for a fact based solely on what you've written that this guy unknowingly sabotaged his own efforts.

That's not to say that there is an effect or there isn't an effect, however you can't reach either conclusion based on what you wrote.

DeletedUser

Don't listen to him.

The best way to get ultra good item is to build everything with 0 motivation and 5 construction points :D.

DeletedUser

No.. its wrong. On Arizona I have a town, with one builder, his motivation is at 68-78% most of the time and, all our fort weapons are precise and we have yet to get a single rusty weapon.. sorry about that, but. I think your theory is proved wrong? Ill give you the name of the town if you wanna check it out for yourselves..