Theoretical Max Hit Duel

• Thread starter DeletedUser36192
  • Start date

DeletedUser36192

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone could help me figure something out.

I was trying to get a max hit for duels in game but i can't seem to hit above 814 (general hayes got the same as well).

Weapon: lvl 3 harpers axe (max hit 260)
Buff: Polishing stone +50 damage
Set: stranger set (full outfit) = +15 damage

based on the wiki calculations damage inflicted should be as such

(260+50+15)*1.75*1.5 = damage, therefore damage = 853.125 but i'm not seeing myself getting anywhere upwards of 814 a hit.

Is there a cap on damage or anything or just down to pure RNG/luck at play not letting me hit past 814?

DeletedUser38704

Hey,

I play on the dutch server .nl and I asked a mod about this when the stranger set came out.
The set bonus of +15 damage doesn't work for duels. Where does it work for? I don't know I think its useless just like the Pat Garret set atm.
When you calculate it without the +15 dmg you will get the 814 max hit.

I would like to see that the bonus for the stranger set will work for duels :)

Sorry for my bad English :(

Al35ul

Hey,

I play on the dutch server .nl and I asked a mod about this when the stranger set came out.
The set bonus of +15 damage doesn't work for duels. Where does it work for? I don't know I think its useless just like the Pat Garret set atm.
When you calculate it without the +15 dmg you will get the 814 max hit.

I would like to see that the bonus for the stranger set will work for duels :)

Sorry for my bad English :(

I might be missing the point here,but I'm pretty sure that the +15 damage from the stranger set counts towards fort fighting, and it's pretty obvious that the +45 damage from the Garrett counts towards fort fighting too
Honestly,even if the +15 damage was changed to duel damage; I can't see how it would take things better since there are barely any duelers using it and it's easily outclassed by Wesley, Butch and so on.
But then again I guess it would help if you're looking to land big hits.

DeletedUser38704

I might be missing the point here,but I'm pretty sure that the +15 damage from the stranger set counts towards fort fighting, and it's pretty obvious that the +45 damage from the Garrett counts towards fort fighting too
Honestly,even if the +15 damage was changed to duel damage; I can't see how it would take things better since there are barely any duelers using it and it's easily outclassed by Wesley, Butch and so on.
But then again I guess it would help if you're looking to land big hits.

As far as I know the damage bonus of the Stranger and Garret set does not work at the moment? I'm not sure if this is only for the dutch server, but I guess it's not?

For the question why you would use the Stranger set; because he wants to hit as high as possible. Yes, the other sets like Butch are much better, but doesn't give the +15 dmg so your hit won't get higher than 814.

Edit: Garret set damage bonus not active see:
https://forum.beta.the-west.net/ind...-set-damage-bonus-not-active.3115/#post-33645

Last edited by a moderator:

Al35ul

As far as I know the damage bonus of the Stranger and Garret set do not work at the moment? I'm not sure if this is only for the dutch server, but I guess it's not?

For the question why you would use the Stranger set; because he wants to hit as high as possible. Yes, the other sets like Butch are much better, but doesn't give the +15 dmg so your hit won't get higher than 814.

Edit: Garret set damage bonus not active see:
https://forum.beta.the-west.net/ind...-set-damage-bonus-not-active.3115/#post-33645

You asked what the damage on the stranger is used for (regardless if it was rhetorical or not) and I answered. To be honest,I didn't even notice that the damage bonuses don't work at the moment since I don't use any of them with the exception of the Garrett clothing set and I haven't been online for a fort battle in quite a bit.
And I did say " but then again I guess it would help if you're looking to land big hits"
As far as I know, the damage from the stranger only works,or is supposed to work for FFs, but not for dueling. And yes,I guess it would help him land high hits IF the damage would apply to duels too

Last edited:

DeletedUser36192

Wow, i mean i didn't assume it was fort related because it was a duel set. That sucks... wish it was clarified but I do appreciate the reply! :) thank you

Pankreas PorFavor

Just managed this with a level 5 Harper's axe in AZ:

Capture1.png

Capture2.png

Btw. I only used a polishing stone, no other buffs, set bonuses etc.

Last edited:

DeletedUser22685

It's insane how far things have come. A level 120 ranged dueller wearing non-event clothes used to have around 1000 HP with no added SP, now they could nearly be KOed in one hit.

Pankreas PorFavor

it's hard to disagree... that's why we'll get new sets with even more HP and/or resistance in one of the next tombolas. people are now dealing over 5k damage in one duel. insane is the word...