The Worst In Us

DeletedUser

FullMoon.jpg

Case Study
Author has since disappeared.
There are three kinds of Lycanthropes.

Magic Lycanthrope, a human being who through black magic rituals turns into a werewolf by choice.

Cursed Lycanthrope, a person who has been turned into the beast involuntarily.

Genetic Lycanthrope, born of two Lycanthropes.

The Lunar Effect

Violent Crime increases 35% during a full moon

Psychiatric hospital admissions for psychosis consistently peak during the full moon.

Emergency room visits increase by 48% every full moon

The incidents of wild animal bites increase by as much as double each and every full moon

The word "Lunacy" meaning “Insanity” comes from the Latin root “Luna” for “Moon”

For Your Consideration

Although perceived as invincible Lycanthropes may be killed by decapitation or the removal of the heart.

Lycanthropes posses super-human strength and abilities. They are highly resistant to attack, however they have proven particularly vulnerable to weapons made of silver.

In medival Europe, Christianity was promoted as a way to cure Lycanthropy.

Belgians hold that a Lycanthrope may only be killed with swords and munitions blessed on the altar of a chapel dedicated to Saint Hubert, patron saint of hunters.

During the Renaissance Italian scholars believed Lycanthropy was a divine punishment. Excommunicated Roman Catholics were said to become Lycanthropes.

Mission Statement

It is time for us to begin. Both humans and the few werewolves who can control their nature have joined, will you? Too long has Europe been plagued by these beasts, join us in the hunt.

Tell us about yourself.

Name:

Lycanthrope (If Applicable):

Human (If Applicable):

Your country:

THE RULES:

No secret powers

Nothing ridiculous or impossible

No inappropriate language (swear words, etc.)

Please edit your text so that there are no typos, etc.

HAVE FUN!

And So It Begins.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Name: Talaran Canis

Skills: Bow and arrow, machine gun, spying, convincing people to do things the way he wants them done

Lycanthrope

DeletedUser

Name: Frank Fontane "Night Guardian"

Skills: Trained by Native Americans to hunt down and destroy Werewolves, known as Skin Walkers.

Human

Frank Fontane knelt in teh tall grass, his moccasin clad feet making no sound, as the grass was flattened to the ground. His long black hair was wrapped behind him in a ponytail. He wore nothing but a pair of blue jeans and a long daggerthat shown silver in the moonlight.

Night Guardian had been trained since he was fifteen years old. He was a white man, his parents had died in a car accident and he had been adopted by an indian with laugh lines and an easy smile. Since he had tracked, hunted and killed all the Limmikin, otherwise known as Skin-Walkers, that hadcome close to his homeland.

Now, at 27 years old, he had killed more then he cared to count about and the one making the grumbling sound just a few yards from him was about to be added to the body count. He took a long time to move, it was a full fifteen minutes before the Limmikin was visible.

It laid curled in a shallow depression made by a fallen log and an adjacent boulder. Frank tensed his leg muscles, his plan was to leap onto the log and then onto the abomination's back. Suddenly Night Guardian sprang, made the log and still not having made a sound leapt high into the air.

The silver knife blade flashed in thelight cast by the moon, just as Night Guardian landed atop the creature. The werewolf was frightened and let out an intial starttled cry, before reaching up with it's claws and grasping Night Guardian's arms. With the force of an olympic weightlifter, the Limmikin bucked upwards, before throwing Night Guardian from his back.

Night Guardian turned his fall into a roll and was up on his feet in a heartbeat, he turned. The werewolf charged, it's monsterous teeth bared for a killing bite, but Night Guardian dodged to the right, using the fallen tree once again to leap into the air. The Limmikin hunter stabbed downwards, the silver knife sinking deep into werewolf flesh. Blood gushed to the surface and Night Guardian's foe reared on it's hind legs.

Night Guardian did not fall, he merely grabbed ahold of the hilt of his knife and tore downwards. He and his knife landed on the ground and Night Guardian backed up just in time to miss a savage claw attack that would have spilled his entrails around his ankles. The Limmikin was off balance now, so Night Guardian pounced, his knife made a straight uppercut across the beast's chest. More blood coated the ground, as the Limmikin thrust it's huge claws into the side of Night Guardian's right leg. Instead of letting up and retreating, Night Guardian presssed forward, until all fifteen inches of silver blade was lodged in the werewolf's heart cavity.

As the Limmikin fell backwards, Night Guardian pulled back and liberated his knife from the now dead werewolf. Night Guardian then fell to his knees andgave thanks.

Deleted User - 819397

Name: William Stevens

Skills: Not great at combat, but second to none when it comes to knowledge about werewolves. He can hold his own against werewolves, but prefers to leave them alone if they leave him alone

Human

Your country: America

William was near Frank, although his purposes were to study the beast recently killed. He was disappointed that the beast was dead, as it cut his research short. He did admire the man's gracefulness in killing the werewolf though. He wondered who had taught him. Most people would have been fighting for their life, but he seemed to have been doing it almost as a ritual. He decided it was best he find another beast to study, and moved off.

DeletedUser

Talaran raced through the trees, feeling the surge of pain and freedom as the Change flowed over him. He howled as he dropped to all fours, his bones growing, his jaw lengthening, his fur growing out on his skin.
He burst out of the woods and into the moonlight. He howled his delight, his liberty, at the moon. Then he raced to the edge of the cliff and called to his people.
Echoes came back off the cliffs, mingling with the cries of the pack.

DeletedUser

Night Guardian was alerted by a sound in the night, it wasn't the sound of a werewolf, they knew not of stealth. It was a human footfall, whoever it was was wearing sneakers or hiking boots.

Frank stood "You are in my woods." He called.

Deleted User - 819397

William stopped and smiled. "I did not mean to bother you this night. I was merely observing the wolf to better understand it and its kind. Please forgive me." Inwardly he was surprised the man had been so observant.

(uggh...short post...not much to say on this as of now...kind of your field Peril ;) )

DeletedUser13682

Name: Rolf Blauvelt

Human

Your country: Germany

appearance: Splinter B Camo Smock, boots made for falling, grosse Messer, silver edged, blessed on the proper alters, everything else needed to make sure it can kill, gravity knife, same way as grosse Messer, about it.

As Rolf was walking through a strange forest, for whatever reason, maybe he was lost, maybe he was placed there by mistake, maybe he was eaten by a car from another universe and, well, you know, anyway, doesn't matter, Rolf was there, but it didn't worry him, he felt like he was supposed to be there. But, while Rolf was walking in the forest, he saw a strange sight. Talking men, of course, the men were talking about tresspassing, one of who was the tresspasser, and the other, the tresspassee. Rolf, deciding this was the perfect time to find out some more information, walked over to the men. "Hallo! I wonder, can you tell me about where I am? I, uh, I have absolutely no idea where I am, and, naturally, I would like to know."

DeletedUser14280

Name: Theodore Crumb.
Gender/Age: Male/Approx 20.
Lycanthrope Type: Magic lycanthrope.
Human Appearance: Just plain brown.

Bio: The important thing to know is that Theodore has a girlfriend, who used to have a very smart dog.
In order to cheer her up when her dog died, and spend more time with her, Theodore located a magician in town, and convinced him to turn him into a werewolf via the ritual.
Result? Theodore's girlfriend could have him as a man, or have him as a very smart canine. None too shabby, huh?

Now, that same girlfriend is overseas on business, so Theodore has quite some time to himself.
Typically, he goes camping every day. Ever seen a big dog in a tent?

-----=====-----=====-----

Zzzz...
A very big canine was sleeping in a tent.
Zzzz...-zzt?
Crumb woke up and glared into the forest. There were some people talking, and they were disturbing his sleep.
He barked twice, and laid back down. Hopefully they'd shut up.

DeletedUser

"How did you get onto the reservation?" Night Guardian asked the German hiker. "Were hundreds of miles from the nearest interstate."

Suddenly there was the brief rattle of barks. Night Guardian listened intently, before shaking his head "That one is of no bother. Completely harmless."

"You waste your time, these beasts are just that, beasts." Night Guardian said to William "They are out only for blood. It's only thought is to kill my people."

Deleted User - 819397

William shook his head. "Perhaps the ones transformed by choice, yes, but I am more interested in the ones forced to transform. They do not truly wish to harm people, I'm sure of it. I hope my research will eventually help me find a way to bring out the person's true personality...that is why I study them." He looked to the German man. "I'm surprised to see another person not of the indians out here as well...my research drove me here, but as for you, how could one become so lost?

DeletedUser13682

Rolf shrugged. "I have no idea. One second I'm falling, the next second I'm in a forest instead of a field." He looked around, toward the source of the noise. "So, those things, they want to kill all humanity? Then why not exterminate them all? They sound like wolves, just kill them, sell the fur and meat and other useful parts, and move on with your lives." Thinking for a minute, Rolf remembered something funny. "Interstate? I have never heard of one before. If you mean something that goes between states, then there's the Kraftfahrtstraße, but that's it."

DeletedUser

Night Guardian heard another of the harsh cries split the night. There were many, and they were close. His senses screamed for him to turn and flee. He could fight them and do well in killing them, but he could not hope to kill an entire pack without becoming dinner, or worse.

"Come, my friends, we will continue this conversation when we are safe from danger. Limmikin approach." Night Guardian turned and began to sprint to the south.