The Wild West - RPG

DeletedUser

Im two steps ahead of everybody!!! Well, whoever posts first starts. Im gonna join in too. My usual rules ect ect

- No Spam
- No off topic
- No Nazi's
- No Kurtis
- No god-modding

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Adeline clutched the ring in her palm and took the hand that Peril offered to step up into the coach. She settled in her seat and looked at him...

"I'll think about it, Peril... I promise I will... but I want you to think about it too... i've still got a charge of murder on my head... I may end up in jail... would you want to be married to me then?"

Without waiting for an answer she sat back in the seat and opened her hand to stare at the gold circle sitting in her palm.

**James? can you refresh the rules.. as I am new.. .please?**

DeletedUser

Peril chuckled inwardly, not if she got tried in this territory. It was a sorry so and so who would touch a child and every western judge knows that. In the west the right thing was often more powerful then the laws they so well represented. Closing the door, Peril stepped into the shotgun spot and pushed the greener into the saddle boot.

The trip began with the deafening roar of thunder, followed by the settling of dust, by the rain that began to come down in large sheets.

DeletedUser

Name: James West
Horse Name: Bill
Mule Name: Frank
Build: Lean and muscular
Hair Color: Grey with his hair in a pony-tail
about: A colonel for the CSA back in the day, he became a bounty hunter and a smuggler after. He was good friends with Jack Balance, but hasn't seen him since the rescue of Westwoods.
Weapons: Winchester, Colt Army Model 1860, Bowie Knife, customized small weaponry, and a Dragoon

A gunshot rang out and hit the carriage. On a hill, a little black dot was there. The man reloaded and smiled. James thought,"Fifty-three and Im still the best bounty hunter in the world!!!" James fired another shot from the rifle at the man, blowing off his hat. "Well then, your going to give up that girl now!!!" he yelled out towards the carriage.

DeletedUser

Adeline gasped and reached out to steady herself as the coach swung wildly on the trail, wheels kicking up rocks and debris. Mixed in with the heavy fall of rain was the unmistakable sound of a man... a man that was after her.

Inside the coach she sent up a silent prayer to protect Peril from the hell she'd brought down on his head.

DeletedUser

James reloaded quickly and aimed the rifle for the man's chest. He closed one eye and focused, waiting for an answer from the man protecting the women who was to be tried for murder. The rain beat down as water dripped from his hair. He never wore his hat anymore, but kept the old grey colonel hat as a souvenir and kept it under lock and key back home.

DeletedUser

The gunshot came two feet from turning his brains into the coaches wall paper. He jumped as it pinged off the brass harness right in front of him. The greener hopped into his hand and he scanned the trail ahead ad above them. Peril yelled "I'd get down if I were you, ma'm, things are gonna get a might interesting around here." then, he called to Elliot "Haul your ashes, Elliot, get us moving!"

Peril knew that they were relatively safe, shots were going to be more then inaccurate in the pouring rain, however there was the chance that a stray bullet would blast through the coach's wood and hit Adeline and that was a chance Peril didn't want to risk.

Reaching into the pocket of his vest, Peril pulled out a medicine pouch and muttered "I sure hope my medicine is good enough"

DeletedUser

Adeline grabbed onto the edge of the Coach's window and pulled herself up so she could shout up to Peril. The rain pelted her face, stinging her skin with each hurtling droplet...

"Peril... please! You have to stop the coach... You have to give me up!"

DeletedUser

James ran back down the other way of the hill and jumped onto Bill. He left Frank there and trotted around the hill. He pulled out his sawn-off shotgun and pulled up his shawl. He trotted towards the coach quickly, quickly running alongside it. He pointed the gun at the man controlling it, who's face was hidden by the fog and rain.

DeletedUser

Adeline saw the man on horseback pass the windows and she knew that the stage driver was young... his grandparents just a few miles back on the trail.. she couldn't be responsible for his death...

Taking a breath she swung open the door on the drivers side of the coach and called out to the bounty hunter. "Don't hurt them... please... I'll go with you... I'll go!"

DeletedUser

James turned around and smiled. This was easier than usual!!! James trotted back and held out his hand to the lady and said,"Let's go then." He kept up with the coach which was only a mile away from where Frank was.

DeletedUser

(A trot is a slow run, James. While the team is running full force, just saying :p)

Peril reached over and grabbed the reigns, pushing them full force over towards the bounty hunter. The whole coached rocked radically to the left and the hunter's horse had no choice but to move to the side or risk breaking it's leg in a fall. Elliot fought the horses back under control and urged them back onto the trail, running at full force. At that moment, Adeline opened the door and yelled something to the bounty hunter, the door swung wide, though and hit the man's horse right on the rump.

Using the greener to full effect, Peril reared back both hammers, as the coach rocketed by. He triggered off both barrels, but the rain made aiming with precision impossible and most of the buckshot hit sage brush and dirt some of it cut small nicks and cuts into the Hangdog's horse, nothing life threatening, but rather painful for the horse.

At the rate they were going, Peril knew they would drop dead of exhaustion in about half an hour. The problem with that being that the steep grade that Elliot spoke of earlier was looming closer and closer. "Alright Elliot, Go up the hill nice and easy."

Peril reached into the coach and pulled a lever action Winchester out of it's confines. Bracing it on the now relatively steady roof top. Peril levered off two or three rounds, in the general direction of the bounty hunter.

"Adeline, just follow what I say and keep down, please. You're worthless to him dead, so we have all the aces."

DeletedUser

(Either way, you know what I mean lol)

James wasn't hit and thanked the Irish he got from his grandmum. He made the horse go full force towards the coach and then jumped onto the coach. He climbed up quickly and pulled out his Bowie. Bill veered off and stopped where he was and started to eat some of the brush on the side of the road.

James flipped the knife and held it downwards and kicked the Winchester out of the man's hands and falling off the carriage. He tackled the man and held the knife to the man's throat and said,"The girl. You may have skills, but when a man survives a war, he gets some better ones."

DeletedUser

Adeline knew she shouldn't do it... shouldn't keep the ring, but it brought her comfort. Tucking it into her dress between her corset and her chemise. She called out one final time to Peril.

"Leave him alone! Don't hurt him... he doesn't have anything to do with this!"

the Coach had slowed once they started on an incline and the ground beneath the coach didn't seem to be zooming fast her as quickly as it had before. Taking note of a section of drying grasses somewhat revived by the rain Adeline jumped free of the coach and rolled in the grass. A rock or something else sharp was sticking out of the ground, grazing her across her temple as she rolled.

The last thing she remembered was the sight of the coach rolling along without her.

DeletedUser

James looked up and saw the girl jump. James got up quickly and jumped off the carriage and rolled onto the ground. He picked up the girl and saw she was injured. He kept some medicine and wrap on his horse and started to walk towards Bill. He held the girl in his arms and thought,"She's young and beautiful. Maybe I should re-consider after a good night's rest." He shrugged to himself and walked.

DeletedUser

Peril had tried to kick the man off of him and under the hooves of the horses, but he'd hung on for dear life. So when, the knife came to his throat, Peril froze and moved his head to the side just in time to see Adeline jump from the coach and roll, smashign her head against a rock.

Peril looked up to Elliot "Talk to the sheriff in town, send a wire to the governor as well. Tell them Peril was attacked on the trail."

With that, Peril pitched himself off the coach, and hit the ground. The fall was hard and it knocked the wind out of him, but using all the will power he'd developed he stood and in a shambling lope, headed towards James.

When he was right up on James, Peril pitched forward, knocking the trash's legs out from under him. Adeline's limp form went rolling away down the hill and Peril fell grappling with the man to the ground. A familiar face stared at him when he finally got a good look at the man.

DeletedUser

James punched the man in the face then realized and thought,"PERIL?!?" James was surprised and would talk to him later. Either way, there was a bounty going down a hill and he still needed a night's rest before deciding. "Sorry my old friend, but she shall stay with me. I'm going to need some rest to decide and I don't want to travel a few hundred miles to catch up to you!!!" James said as he kicked Peril in the face, knocking him out. James ran down the hill and picked the girl up and then started to run towards Frank, which was only 1/2 a mile away.

DeletedUser

Adeline roused a bit and looked up through a haze at the man who had her in his arms. "Peril? Where are we going? You know I can't marry you... not now." Peril didn't seem to understand her, he didn't look at her and Adeline's mind was quickly overcome with sleep.

DeletedUser

James was confused by what she said. James got to his horse and put the girl on the seat. He got up and had the girl in front of him so she wouldn't fall off the horse. He turned around and got Frank, and started to trot back towards the town behind them, which was a good eight miles away. James thought,"So Peril might marry this girl? Hmmm she is beautiful. Maybe....Christ what are you thinking James?!? Peril's your friend, your not gonna stab him in the back and try to marry the girl he loves!!! Gah I need that rest. And If I re-consider in the morning, well everybody in the West owes me a favor." Bill started to pick up the pace and James held onto the reigns with one hand and another around the girl's waist.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Peril woke to a raging headache, the pain was harsh, but the churning in his gut was worse. He had failed, failed to defend what he loved. Peril rolled onto his back and tried to open his eye, then regretted he had as a wave of nausea over came him. When the mountain man was done heaving his socks he tried again and found that it was much easier.

It was 30 minutes before he was able to stand and dust himself off. Groggily Peril began to pick his way down the hill, following the foot prints of a heavily laden James, that were deep in the mud. He was cold and Peril knew as the moon came higher and higher in the night sky the temperature would drop further and further. Peril found himself wishing he hadn't left his buckskins in his saddlebags at the livery. They were great for cold weather, but not exactly good for going out with a lady.

The exertion right after being knocked senseless was a little to much for the wounded mountain man and he found himself having to stop every 15 minutes. Then gradually, as it got colder and colder and time passed he began to regain his strength and think strategically about how he was going to end his feud with James once and for all.