Discussion The West Stats

DeletedUser

It was happening on every world. That link loaded in the game tab, not the West Stats tab. The only time I've had West Stats opened at all was to the import everything script before I made a new bookmark. I haven't had the problem since I posted that.

My first line was responding to your first line (about the female only item and the job calc).

DeletedUser

My first line was responding to your first line (about the female only item and the job calc).

Ahh, sorry. It was w2 where I noticed it. It tells me to use it for most stamina jobs, whether I can do them or not.

QbA94.png

wDnA4.png

DeletedUser6752

I also am having Kudram's Parasol suggested for me when my character is Male.
w4, character name 'Disappoint', same options selected as Elmyr shows above.
It's being suggested as the best option for numerous jobs.

DeletedUser

Sorry for the delay, should be fixed now :)
can you help me too ?
my inventory dont import !

i use this page code ... means import everything
http://www.weststats.com/User_import/

but its import my skills and info data well but about inventory , its dont import !:hmf:

My inventory : Last updated: 03 Sep 2010

My skills : Last updated: 03 Jan 2011

can you do something about me and help me ? :)
vitamin2002 / world9 / windows 7
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.12) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.6.12

DeletedUser

can you help me too ?
my inventory dont import !

i use this page code ... means import everything
http://www.weststats.com/User_import/

but its import my skills and info data well but about inventory , its dont import !:hmf:

My inventory : Last updated: 03 Sep 2010

My skills : Last updated: 03 Jan 2011

can you do something about me and help me ? :)
vitamin2002 / world9 / windows 7
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.12) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.6.12

You need to do this:

Also, if you could go to Tools->error console, click 'clear', run the import and copy/paste any errors under the 'errors' tab that would be great.

DeletedUser

Minor issue, in the item set page the pic of the charlatan shoes show the fancy shoes.

DeletedUser

hiya Morthy just want to pass this onto you that in the Quest line "The railroad's journey of conquest" section "Protect the citizens!" (Decision 2) it shows the picture of Waupee who give you the quest when it is in fact Sheriff John Fitzburn who give you the quest.
and also I feel it is time to have the picture of "constructing manner house" job change from the "build a fort" icon to the "construct manor house" since the picture hasn't been changed at all since forts came out when build a fort has changed to construct manor house.

but these are all minor things that need changing. this is all I can find right now.

DeletedUser6752

Hey, Morthy - a belated and much-deserved happy New Year. Thanks for all the work you put into WestStats - I use it on a daily basis and have since I started playing back in the 1970s. ;)

DeletedUser

Should be back up now, sorry about that. Not sure if we're just seeing a lot more traffic due to the recent update or if something is broken, but we're currently handling around 400 requests per second which is more than double the usual amount at peak times. Looks like this caused the server to run out of memory.

@gizmo501, thanks, will look into fixing those.

@Disappoint, glad you like the site, happy new year :)

DeletedUser

The import everything script in IE has never worked with large inventories due to IE being terrible. You'll either have to use the separate import script or download a better browser.

Hi Morthy, just to say am still having problems importing my Inventory to the weststats and thats even using the "My Inventory" import script instead of the usual "Import Everything"

Sometimes it does does work, sometimes it will only Import say 300 items of the 450, sometimes even less or nothing at all.

As for my Browser, well i've tried a couple of others and found them lacking even for this game, so it would be great if you could find a fix for this issue...

thnx
Badboy Nevi

Noobmic

@Badboy Nevi - no one can fix your problem if you use Internet Exploder.

The problem is that in IE the url (link) can contain maximum 2048 characters.

With my inventory that has over 3200 items I have also this problem with other real web browsers.

So for weststats team I suggest to use POST method and include as parameter at least data parameter.

I managed today to look more into it and I used the basic link from the script, I excluded from there the data parameter and I've send it to weststats using post and it worked perfect. For more details you can check my import url from http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=550732&postcount=96 and also my imported inventory at http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=555194&postcount=98

Later edit:

I created one script, the url is: http://www.darkyndy.com/projects/thewest/import-ws.php

You need first to run weststats publicise inventory script (in Google Chrome), then you you will get an error containing the url for weststats, copy the url to my script then click on "Publicise" and that's all.

My script was tested for FireFox and Google Chrome for the rest of browsers I don't care.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Best Items For Jobs

I seem to have found an error in the weststats website.
And I had someone else confirm what I was seeing.

I did "import everything" to update my weststats account.
The Job Calculator correctly noted that I am a Level 103, male Adventurer
Mousing over the jobs shows you the (correct) best gear for your level.

However when you click on a job icon and go to the individual "Best items for job" page,
Weststats seems to insist that the "Maximum level requirement:" is 99 and does not show any gear for higher levels.

Manually changing the "Maximum level requirement" and choosing "Set Options" works for that page,
but only because the url has a "&level=103" string attached to it.
Any other job page will maintain the maximum level requirement of 99

I noticed this while looking at gear for the job graverobber.
with a level cap of 99, the best belt shown is +31 green skull belt
with a level cap of 103, the best belt shown is +55 brown pistol belt

If your level is over 100, you can verify with these links:
http://www.weststats.com/Job_items/?job=65
http://www.weststats.com/Job_items/?job=65&level=103
Just make sure you have the correct world set

DeletedUser

Can't WestStats Do This Anymore?

I know at one point I saw a link that let you see, for any given product, what jobs dropped it. I don't see a menu choice on their site to this... or am I having a senior moment?

Also, has anyone compiled a list of job drops? By that I mean what jobs have extra drops been found? I know there have been some threads about this in the forum. Just wondering if there's a site that has been compiling the info.

DeletedUser

Thanks so much! Wonder why they don't put a link to it on the site? <shrug>