Discussion The West Stats

DeletedUser

what i do, (i do the same for thewestinsider aswell), is take everyhting off, then F5 (reload) the page, then try it again, also, on the west stats, make sure you select the correct world, otherwise it will not work, nomatter what you do.

DeletedUser

WestStats Job Calculator- new option

I have been searching for a couple of days the right place where to put this (ok I’m not very good 0n searching). guess this is it :)

In the weststats Job calculator we have the options:

Show best items from: “None”, “My Items”, “All items”

My first idea was to include another option “Your Town Items”

But I don't know if weststats imports the player’s town so maybe it would be easier and more usefull to have a drop down list with all the towns that have imported their details and the user could choose the town.

I think this could help the player check which jobs he could unlock with its town items (or any ally town that have imported its inventory to weststats)

Also this could lead to more players importing their town details and have more towns in the stats.

I don't now what you guys think but for me it would be very usefull

DeletedUser

Yep, that was one of the reasons I suggested town trader. (They may have already had the idea before I suggested it to Gem.) I think it should be more integrated with the rest of the site in general: click an item pic anywhere on the site and automatically search for it on the current world, on Best Job Items include another highlight for items your store has (plus search for the item by clicking), etc.

DeletedUser

Sorry if this is a little late, but I noticed on the first Job Calc I saw (TWI I think) they had a "What if" for the Jobs thing. If you knew what your town had you could simply "pretend" you had them using a tool like that. But an integrated system (as in the site knows your town and it's level of stores etc) would be nicer/cleaner overall.

DeletedUser

Sorry if this is a little late, but I noticed on the first Job Calc I saw (TWI I think) they had a "What if" for the Jobs thing. If you knew what your town had you could simply "pretend" you had them using a tool like that. But an integrated system (as in the site knows your town and it's level of stores etc) would be nicer/cleaner overall.

yes i'm using the what if in the west insider, but i think this would be very usefull in weststats

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Quests- "skill points" should be "attribute point"

It is in several places where it gives the reward as being:

+1 skill points towards Charisma

Charisma is an attribute point, not a skill points.

skill points is also plural where is shouldn't be in the quest series.

DeletedUser

It's true, but I prefer it being wrong, since I always find myself going back to "all quests" to find quests that'll give me SP/AP on various worlds. I guess I could just use ctrl+f for "points" instead of "skill" though.

DeletedUser

It's true, but I prefer it being wrong, since I always find myself going back to "all quests" to find quests that'll give me SP/AP on various worlds. I guess I could just use ctrl+f for "points" instead of "skill" though.
Wasn't that an easy fix to your dilemma? lol

"point" is easier to type than "skill" also cuz the s is way on the left side of the keyboard.
It's easier for me, at least, because I often only use one hand on the keyboard cuz I'm lazy

DeletedUser

While I do aim to improve the job calc in the future, unfortunately we simply don't have the server power to add big new features right now. In the past 3 days, the job calc has been used around 120 thousand times, which already puts a huge strain on the server.

DeletedUser

Weststats import not working

Anyone else noticed that weststats import imports all your data to w1 on weststats?

Edit: I only posted here because their contact form does not give any indication whether your contact was submitted or not.

DeletedUser

Did you pick the correct world? If you don't choose world 10 from the drop down box in the upper right corner of Weststats then it won't import the info to the right world.

DeletedUser

Did you pick the correct world? If you don't choose world 10 from the drop down box in the upper right corner of Weststats then it won't import the info to the right world.
Everything done correct - just like I always do it on all the other world I play.

Just tried it again. Only info gets imported to w10. Skills and items goes to w1. :(

DeletedUser1105

Ah so that's where my stuff went! I've been trying to import all day with no joy. Clicked world 1 and there it was!

DeletedUser

What's the rush? can't wait to import your 2 skill points in swimming? give it some time, for christ sake.

DeletedUser

What's the rush? can't wait to import your 2 skill points in swimming? give it some time, for christ sake.
Give what some time?

The tool is available on weststats. It is not working properly. It has now been brought to the attention of people that can do something to fix it. This will mean that it will be fixed once the superheros of the game, like yourself, feel that weststats is worthy to have your 1337 stats imported. That way it will lessen the crying and moaning by people, like yourself, that find it is not working by the time you feel that it is now needed.

So while you go take a chill pill and go memorise all the lower level jobs by heart because you have nothing else to do, I will keep on trying to import my stats into weststats because I have no idea to what jobs I have access to now that I have reached level 2 and picked up an item or two.

DeletedUser1105

Surely it is better than it has been tested early and this bug spotted and fixed than waiting until loads of people have joined and all face the same problem?

And what's wrong with importing now? I've now seen a job I can do that I hadn't spotted and I can see which job I will hit next, and when. It's called planning ahead.