The West Lottery

DeletedUser14006

Proposal
Introduce a lottery draw into game worlds.

Current Workaround
None, fresh idea.

Details
Everybody will have the option for a fee to buy a lottery ticket and enter a weekly draw.
Maybe set the price at $100-$1000 per ticket with no limit to how many one player can buy.
Lottery takes place at a predetermined time at the end of each week, winner takes all!

Abuse Prevention
None.

Visual Aids
None.

Summary
This is a chance for anyone to accumulate a chunk of wealth and live out their dream :)

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

DeletedUser23201

1 lottery per market or 1 per world??
would the prizes be cash/exp/chests??

DeletedUser23201

how will the lottery work??
will the computer just pick a winner at random or will it be like a real lottery and you pick your 5 numbers(i like this option) it would allow a rollover if no winner allowing the pot to get larger. also id love to see an option to win nuggets/bonds maybe 50 if u match all 5 numbers?

DeletedUser14006

I had originally thought of it as more of a 'raffle' style lottery due to its simplicity but I am kind of leaning towards your vision for it :)

DeletedUser23201

well it may work in inno's favor if a non premium player was to suddenly find 50 nuggets in his backpack. may give him/her a taste for nuggets and lead them to buying some in the future.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure about this, I can see the obvious advantages, but somehow I just don't think it feels right as a feature in the West.

DeletedUser23201

the implementing of poker was the biggest waste of time and resources until they allow the use of player's money

DeletedUser22493

Id rather that it was max one ticket per player.
If not, I could see this becoming a game for the rich, excluding everyone not willing to spend 10k+ a week.

But one ticket, one price (Perhaps a little higher than 1000?) and once a week.

:)

DeletedUser

I was under the impression that it'd be like irl? Do rich people win all the time irl? I don't think so.

DeletedUser15641

Most of the time maybe rice farmer but who wants to gamble?Are we making the-west into a gambling paradise for gamblers?or addicts?

DeletedUser22493

Well, most rich people irl don't buy lottery tickets.. Because their already rich?
Even you understands that a person who buys 100 tickets, has a far greater chance of winning, than someone who buys 1.

Say there are 1000 tickets sold for 1k each, among 700 players. Then someone buys tickets for 2 millions. 2000 tickets. He has a 2\3 of chance of winning one million.

IMO, if this is to implimented, id personally like players to have a equal chance of participating and winning, despite level or fortune.

DeletedUser30417

Well, most rich people irl don't buy lottery tickets.. Because their already rich?
Even you understands that a person who buys 100 tickets, has a far greater chance of winning, than someone who buys 1.

Say there are 1000 tickets sold for 1k each, among 700 players. Then someone buys tickets for 2 millions. 2000 tickets. He has a 2\3 of chance of winning one million.

IMO, if this is to implimented, id personally like players to have a equal chance of participating and winning, despite level or fortune.

What kind of a person would buy $2 million worth of lottery tickets to have 67% chance to win $1 million? Sounds to me that this person didn't pay much attention to math class. :laugh:

DeletedUser

If there are only 1k tickets sold, how can someone spend 2M on tickets?
Anyways, I do agree that the chance to win should be equal regardless.

DeletedUser22493

If there are only 1k tickets sold, how can someone spend 2M on tickets?
Anyways, I do agree that the chance to win should be equal regardless.

By buying many tickets?

Proposal
Details
Everybody will have the option for a fee to buy a lottery ticket and enter a weekly draw.
Maybe set the price at $100-$1000 per ticket with no limit to how many one player can buy.
Lottery takes place at a predetermined time at the end of each week, winner takes all!

DeletedUser17143

I'd say yes if it is under a everyone can buy one ticket and at the end of the week a number is chosen to match one of the existing tickets that has been bought.

But no if it is leaning towards the 5 numbers idea. No one would ever win. There are not nearly enough players in The West to make the odds of someone winning great enough. Millions of people play the real lottery, and yet still you are more likely to be struck by lightning three times before you'd win the lottery. It would just keep rolling over and over for pretty much ever. There needs to be a decided winner. Impartially chosen from a randomly generated number.

DeletedUser563

I like dont know about this idea. I have already figured a system out to get lots of shinies. This would mean you can match my skill with your luck. On the other hand you may be then able to afford 50,000 for a shiny . So I will vote yes. So that you poor smo's can buy my stuff. :D

Oh yeah jakkals is back to enlighten you all with his greatness :)