The West EN Census

criminus

The West Team
Wiki editor
Forum moderator
Event Manager
In-Game Supporter
Sad to hear that, but if that is the case, why are you here as the voice of Inno? Why do you serve them if you have those kinds of issues?
I am not representing InnoGames and I am not the voice of InnoGames nor an employee of InnoGames.
I am here to make a difference. If I can.
Would you want me to say “Yes, it’s worth spending as much money as you can no matter what.”?
My advice is for any spendings not just for this game alone.
Some games might cause addictions and in my case they did. Not only this game but several others. I’ve spent 8k euros on LoL alone.

Beef1

I am not representing InnoGames and I am not the voice of InnoGames nor an employee of InnoGames.
I am here to make a difference. If I can.
Would you want me to say “Yes, it’s worth spending as much money as you can no matter what.”?
My advice is for any spendings not just for this game alone.
Some games might cause addictions and in my case they did. Not only this game but several others. I’ve spent 8k euros on LoL alone.
To be clear you represent the players (us and even you if you consider yourself as a player also) and the NET community to the INNO. As a representer your first priority is to transfer what we the players say and suggest onto the INNO guys. My only question is this: This particular topic is abut 2 years old? if am not mistaken... for two years now did the INNO guys review once the numbers of each world? how they are decreasing, how players get lost, etc etc? if yes then there is still a point and logic to keep this forum and this topic alive... If not then what is the logic? Ive seen great ideas over the years here in this forum and not even the 5% of them got the appropriate attention.. Sad and frustrating sometimes.

criminus

The West Team
Wiki editor
Forum moderator
Event Manager
In-Game Supporter
To be clear you represent the players (us and even you if you consider yourself as a player also) and the NET community to the INNO. As a representer your first priority is to transfer what we the players say and suggest onto the INNO guys. My only question is this: This particular topic is abut 2 years old? if am not mistaken... for two years now did the INNO guys review once the numbers of each world? how they are decreasing, how players get lost, etc etc? if yes then there is still a point and logic to keep this forum and this topic alive... If not then what is the logic? Ive seen great ideas over the years here in this forum and not even the 5% of them got the appropriate attention.. Sad and frustrating sometimes.
Players = InnoGames, Volunteer = Employee, same thing.

criminus

The West Team
Wiki editor
Forum moderator
Event Manager
In-Game Supporter
That was not the main point of my post... thus volunteer and employee are not the same thing as well as players are part of the InnoGames..
I was told I am the voice of InnoGames and I’ve said I am not. I didn’t say I am not the voice of the players.

foscock

I was told I am the voice of InnoGames and I’ve said I am not. I didn’t say I am not the voice of the players.
Mate you have 4 medals under your name. Editor, moderator, Manager, Supporter. There is literally no bigger face of Inno then you. Live with it.

Thanatoss

The international fort fight championship has 900 players. What was the number in the previous tournaments?

Right now my estimate is that the total unique active players are around 2000-2500 which is quite low for the total number of servers

Annie-Bell

The international fort fight championship has 900 players. What was the number in the previous tournaments?

Right now my estimate is that the total unique active players are around 2000-2500 which is quite low for the total number of servers

This is very good question. And would speak to what many various types of people have touched on in variety of ways. I dont know how many people left in non. en worlds - but suspect there is only about 1,500 unique accounts in all of .en.

From history, inno has never provided feedback of what the participation is for event worlds (speedy, classic, what have you). That would be also be good question for inno to answer. But i suspect over the last few years since this inno team, only about max 25% of the .en community participate in event worlds.

Which then speaks to the frustrations of the other 75% that is getting rather annoyed that inno seems to focus more on event worlds then regular worlds. Over time we have seen actual saloons be less then 50 people in saloon at times, even in new worlds (newest worlds at scary 20v20 battles??), and for sure in older worlds (other then colo/AZ). Trying to do quests that require coordination like crafting or "winning ff's" or hated adventures where wait times of gazillion hours make those worlds difficult to just do questing. So not only is lack of ff's across board where there has been no real visible effort on inno to restore those worlds but sitting back and doing questing is also no longer becoming option as has components that require more player activity in order to quest. So those worlds doomed to just church build.

With inno focus on these event worlds, i feel has been one of major factors of the significant decrease in player base throughout .en, and tho not in other worlds suspect all servers. Its focus on events is to appeal to estimated 25% of player base that join in event worlds, leaving other worlds fend for themselves .. we have all seen even colo now impacted, the strongest world. All this is estimated numbers as quite simply inno refuses to announce those type of numbers or explain why only focus seems to be on event worlds when visibly is not appealling to 100% of player base, but a subsection only

for the ifbc, i didnt join in for own reasons, which largely acknowledge inno has skipped over for years. But also the fact that this ifbc4 is set up not as international event ifbc as done in past and is more of an event world, rather then ifbc (not so much ifbc3 which group mucked around with) but prior ones that was truly .en colloborating with .en and 1 month of leaders coordinating the whole .en team (not this town vs town). Which is fair if not able to do true international fort battles like in past. But shouldnt be suprised that people didnt join what they perceive as just another event world.

Reading above, people are not happy and expressing in variety ways, with inno not responding or responding with arrogance of as some of the comments from inno staff .. they miss the point that players luved this game and want to know what happening.

I guess what i would like to know is what is the participation % of event worlds (including ifbc4) as compared to total communities in worlds (the question put forward by another) and if that is the focus will continue to be on event worlds and no attention on regular worlds, even if we discover that the participation rate of event worlds is less the 25% of this shrinking community.

Hope that makes sense.

And to people posting, know people are bit unhappy how some players/ or world at inno how game has been for last while, but encourage not to take out on each other.

Annie-Bell

again very good question from thanatoss, would be good for us to know so we have idea, of totaly population in .en and other non- .en worlds compared to signups in event worlds and ifbc (which would have more sign ups so maybe about 30-35% participation compared to normal event worlds of 25%).

for 70-75% of the game community that play game outside of the 25-30% that do the event worlds, can sense them wanting to know what plans are for regular worlds.

Could mention that in addition is the event prizes like gringo won by those 25-30% that participate in event worlds then bring those items to impact regular worlds but that's just additional complication.

Think want to know what inno plans are for regular worlds. All of them. Or if the focus is to focus on event worlds and not regular worlds, for that to be communicated.

Beef1

again very good question from thanatoss, would be good for us to know so we have idea, of totaly population in .en and other non- .en worlds compared to signups in event worlds and ifbc (which would have more sign ups so maybe about 30-35% participation compared to normal event worlds of 25%).

for 70-75% of the game community that play game outside of the 25-30% that do the event worlds, can sense them wanting to know what plans are for regular worlds.

Could mention that in addition is the event prizes like gringo won by those 25-30% that participate in event worlds then bring those items to impact regular worlds but that's just additional complication.

Think want to know what inno plans are for regular worlds. All of them. Or if the focus is to focus on event worlds and not regular worlds, for that to be communicated.
You have spent 31 lines of words to say exactly what the majority of players are trying to say over the last 6 years maybe? or even more... From what I see nothing will happen in this game... same things will be going over and over.. The reality is that INNO doesn't pay attention or doesn't care (better word) what players are thinking. Personally I wrote it again in older posts, there is no reason to have forum, especially the ''New Ideas'' section that players may write something cool that can be happen. At the end of a day we are spending our time writing here when we all know nothing will happen and ofc GM's and CM's are spending a lot of their personal time reading all these when they already know that even if they propose some of these ideas HQ INNO guys will not pay any attention. That is the poor truth regarding this game.

Annie-Bell

At the end of a day we are spending our time writing here when we all know nothing will happen and ofc GM's and CM's are spending a lot of their personal time reading all these when they already know that even if they propose some of these ideas HQ INNO guys will not pay any attention. That is the poor truth regarding this game.

well then, ya your right, but im not convinced that stuff even going to HQ, which i know hasnt cared a hoot for long time. There are other things that are in control of the local Inno that have been skipped over or misunderstood by local that also hasnt been fixed for 3 or 4 years of the current inno team.

Its only that it was such a neat little game for long time, seen it go downhill and shrink over time, the HQ not paying attention been on downturn long time, the local inno been sharp downhill in last few years. It is worth try to keep asking for something better.

Thought if tried talking of they are focusing on 25% of overall community and ignoring 75% who have not, will not, ever do event worlds or tried and never again that maybe they will see it would be good to look at the 75% for a while.

But your right. We waste time

Thanatoss

Right now there are events about every 2 months. This is good especially for new players that can earn cash and items fast and easy.
However i think overall it gets tiring for competitive players. Its repetitive and exhausting and if you think about event servers in between it gets too much in my opinion and also distracts players from pvp which is the most fun and what keeps most players going

Beef1

Right now there are events about every 2 months. This is good especially for new players that can earn cash and items fast and easy.
However i think overall it gets tiring for competitive players. Its repetitive and exhausting and if you think about event servers in between it gets too much in my opinion and also distracts players from pvp which is the most fun and what keeps most players going

Based on my logic, If we want to judge about a ''change'' in the game we have to compare the numbers of players before the ''every 2 months events'' and after that. The strategy of this game is well known but sets are not the only factor that we don't have worlds full of players today. Games which are not paying attention to what players are saying and more specifically demand from the company are those games who are dieing day by day. I have lots of example from similar games to say... like Ikariam, gladiatus, Ogame etc etc... all these games including the-west used to be very cool back in 2008-2015. But due to the fact that the companies that owns these games follows exactly the same strategy of '' okay ignoring what players are saying to make it better and upgrade it in order to go one step further'' and are satisfied to have less players just to cover the expenses when if they were applied some ideas they could have +50% min more profit... what I can say? You can't change the numbers, you cant convince any human being that the number 6 for example isn't 6 it is 9. In other words, games without vision does not have much future and this is proven. Take as an example this topic, I was created in 2022... 2 years before almost.. take the number of players that were playing during 2022 and compare them with 2024.. In just 2 years this game lost so many players and I bet some of them used to pay this game A LOT. In the end who is loosing more? the player who stopped playing the game and probably found something better? The players who are continuing playing the game hopping something will change one day in a better way? Or the company?

Something last from me, If I was a GM or CM for one day, I would propose to the HQ to close the forum completely just to protect the players who are still playing. There is no reason to spend time here (me first of all and i am sure many others) to write Ideas, to try to analyze the current situation knowing that all these things that we are writing will stay here and be written from the same players again and again. Clearly, the game has no vision no willingness to do the next step to add some interest in and try to recover by bringing some new and old players that left.