The West Duel stats

DeletedUser15038

I think that there should be a site much like west fort stats but for dueling statistics. Same exact format used on westfortstats would be fine. There's a lot of dedicated people and towns on every world that duel, and would love to be able to use a resource such as this to track their progress.

Honestly, I think it's a little silly that something like this has not been created. This undoubtedly would spur more interest in dueling (and thus the game in general)

While I am at it, I'd also like to suggest that in the rankings screen, the dueling list should be sortable by win/loss ratio. Saying the #1 dueler on a world is based on dueling xp is misleading and not really accurate.

DeletedUser34315

Yes, but saying the number one dueler is based on which player jumped the most unarmed workers and fort fighters is equally unfair.
As a 0 mot, you rarely have to duel real duelers, but exp. duelers, after about level 250, have very few targets other than pure duelers.

All that said, a duel stats website would be very nice.

DeletedUser15038

Dueling xp can be gleamed off workers as well. The person with the most wins may or may not have challenged inferior opponents, however someone dedicated to dueling A LOT is more proned to getting retaliatory attacks, so in a case of a win/loss ratio, if they have been attacking say, workers then likely they have suffered retaliation and bounty attacks, thus effecting their win/loss record. Where as, someone can duel here and there under the radar and pad dueling xp far easier.... again more accurate.

Edit:

But before this goes off topic let me clarify. I'm not suggesting to change the way the dueling rankings are calculated. Wanna do it by xp that's fine. All I'm suggesting is in the rankings screen the list of players can be sorted by win/loss ratio in a descending order.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Definitely a good idea even if I'm not a big dueling fan myself. I'd think something like an script to import everything from dueling rankings, and maybe morts too, would be best, with an option to export reports for individual duel records.

This should be in the External Sites board, but it will get moved.

DeletedUser

This idea is not in correct format, hence this thread is closed. Lol :)
Nice idea Jim ;-)
The zero motivation is the toughest thing in playing this game. One have to be online 24x7 times, lots of NPCs, so an so ...
So they must be encouraged :)

DeletedUser22493

Hey SJ.

Im moving this to External Sites discussion. You were thinking this site would be run by volunteers, just like WestForts and TW-DB, right?

DeletedUser22685

This is a little off topic but anyway...

The zero motivation is the toughest thing in playing this game.

This is possibly the most ridiculous statement I've ever seen in these forums. You've either believed that load of BS told by 0 mots who think they're better than they are, or you're one of those yourself. 0 mot duelling is by far the easiest thing in the game, and takes no effort whatsoever.

sandaki said:
One have to be online 24x7 times, lots of NPCs, so an so ...

No actually, I've racked up over 4200 wins and a mere 100 losses with my 0 mot on Briscoe and I've had to log in once or twice a day. You will never have to duel more than 8 NPCs a day, even if you only queue four duels each day. Then you go to your duel finder and queue four or nine duels (depending on whether you've got automation activated) without even checking who you're duelling because you know they're all defenceless njubs and you're done. Then you log out. Your second login for the day is to queue sleep to regain energy to do the same thing again the next day. That's two minutes of your time you've invested each day. The most challenging thing I do as a 0 mot is to add to the tally of KOs I have on my profile for a bit of fun. Despite what people say, keeping your motivation low is no challenge whatsoever. 0 mot duelling is no challenge whatsoever.

Now back on topic, I wouldn't mind a duel stats site but it doesn't bother me not having one either. I don't know if it would be possible though to have the monthly line graph for this though since unless people had their old duel reports saved, they wouldn't be able to be imported. Exp can be gathered from the rankings, but as far as I know the date of duels with deleted reports is not remembered by the server. I could be wrong though. It would also require people to import every duel, which would be inaccurate since not everyone would do so.

Also, as for sorting in-game rankings by win ratio, this is a bad idea. As I said above, 0 mots, who will have the best duelling ratio by far, do not deserve to be classed as the best duellers in a world. I have had a rank 2 dueller and I have had a very successful 0 mot, and I can definitely tell you which one took more skill and effort.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34315

Yes, I agree entirely with what futurama said. 0 mot dueling is enjoyable, but far, far easier than exp. dueling. Also, there really are no easy targets with high dueling levels-they got those high levels by being incredibly tough, active, and skillful opponents.

DeletedUser22685

Yes, not to mention when the duel system changed a while back it's almost entirely luck based in top 5 duelling, or even top 10. No matter what you do or how good you are, you will have a 50% record against people you'd beat every time in the old system due to stance guessing. Your ratio means very little at high duel levels.

DeletedUser

Yes, not to mention when the duel system changed a while back it's almost entirely luck based in top 5 duelling, or even top 10. No matter what you do or how good you are, you will have a 50% record against people you'd beat every time in the old system due to stance guessing. Your ratio means very little at high duel levels.

The same could be said of fort battles and West Forts. That doesn't mean many don't find it interesting.

DeletedUser22685

I wasn't using that as an argument against West Duel Stats, I'm in favour of a duel stats site.