The West Classic - Coming Soon

asdf124

I don't like this, too many peeps stuck in the past instead of trying to actually demand improvements.

They demand the old version.

To each their own I guess.

Last edited:

DeletedUser38748

This is the 2nd time the classic server opens just for 1 month. Really wished they would keep it online forever. What's the point of doing this? Just leave it online already. So many players want to come back at the game and InnoGames is spitting on them. Letting them play for 1 month and the next day simply shuting off the server...

Last edited by a moderator:

Protasov

So many players want to come back at the game and InnoGames is spitting on them. Letting them play for 1 month and the next day simply shuting off the server...

That is a little harsh. "Spitting on them" would be not giving anyone advanced notice that the server will only be online for a month. Then cutting it off with no warning.

Everyone who signs up knows it is a limited time availability. They don't have to do it at all.

DeletedUser15368

This is the 2nd time the classic server opens just for 1 month. Really wished they would keep it online forever. What's the point of doing this? Just leave it online already. So many players want to come back at the game and InnoGames is spitting on them. Letting them play for 1 month and the next day simply shuting off the server...
The fact we even get to play The West again is a bloody miracle and we should praise anyone involved in bringing it back, that being said, I do obviously understand your disappointment that it's only for a month again.

DeletedUser15368

6ba16c86c8.png

DeletedUser26820

Living in the past.
This ain't your grandpa's game anymore....
There be another tombolla event before you blink.....

Harsha..

I've been around for pretty long, since the version 1 era, and I didn't even bother joining the classic server. The past is the past and I like the new version even with all its flaws.

Inno's reasoning for not making it permanent could be that they fear people will just stop playing the actual game and play on the classic world. You can't sustain the business if people simply buy the VIP bonus.

Also, the reason for many to quit is that they got bored and the game doesn't have anything left for them. Imagine how it will be like playing on a world that is permanently frozen in classic state. No adventures, no FFs and people will start demanding these be added as well. The west classic is a nice memory, but by no means here to stay.

DeletedUser38748

I've been around for pretty long, since the version 1 era, and I idn't even bother joining the classic server. The past is the past and I like the new version even with all its flaws.

Inno's reasoning for not making it permanent could be that they fear people will just stop playing the actual game and play on the classic world. You can't sustain the business if people simply buy the VIP bonus.

Also, the reason for many to quit is that they got bored and the game doesn't have anything left for them. Imagine how it will be like playing on a world that is permanently frozen in classic state. No adventures, no FFs and people will start demanding these be added as well. The west classic is a nice memory, but by no means here to stay.

It doesn't need to be updated. There's nothing wrong with the world being "permanently frozen in classic stated". I understand that if it only runs on a specific patch, everyone on the server will "finish" the game and I also understand that some players may need the feel to demand updates, but if it keeps getting updated it'll just make a circle and become modern The-West all over again. The whole point is to experience the old, vanilla version of the game. One month is obviously not enough to achieve everything in classic The-West.- that's why I even made a post about it in the first place. Yes, sooner or later there will be nothing left to do in the server when someone hits max level, gets the town to max level etc... but getting to relive this again and getting to play without living with the fear that the server will shutdown in 2 or 3 days is something I think a lot of players would like to experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser38726

Two playable versions of Tribal Wars but only one of The West... Why? :confused:

DeletedUser15368

Two playable versions of Tribal Wars but only one of The West... Why? :confused:
Premium on Classic The West were all activated for free, and I believe it's too much work for the developers to link up to the new payment system.

Short answer, they won't make money without a subscription system. I'd be the first customer tho :)