The West 2013 or "Quo vadis, Inogames?"

Harsha..

There's one question that pops into my mind everytime such discussions appear...As the first post in this thread indicates, people were saying the game is "dying" and will.likely be shut down in a couple years since 2013. Yet, this is 2020, seven whole years later and the game is still hanging on and people still play it.

In all probability, the game might even go on for five more years, as long as there's still a couple of guys in each world who will spend money.

Pankreas PorFavor

Yes, we're still here. some people pay, some play for free, but still here.
As lulu always says - the players are the content of this game. In 2013 the numbers were so low I could not believe it. From 40-50 000 players per world, down to 4-5 000. Now, 1200 in AZ, 750 in Briscoe etc. Five more years? Maybe if they put all of us in one world.
Probably not, but I guess I'll wait til the end, dig a multi when we're only 10 people left and hopefully get that achievement where you need to be the last man standing in a fort battle :D

RaiderTr

Surviving 5 more years with the same "IgnoGames management" is very doubtful but I guess they will keep the game up as long as they can pay the staff and server maintenance costs.

I mean national servers are as good as dead, yet they keep them and very rarely merge/migrate.. Some even do weekly Nugget rewarded events..
Go figure.

Harsha..

I guess I'll wait til the end, dig a multi when we're only 10 people left and hopefully get that achievement where you need to be the last man standing in a fort battle :D

Fun fact - there's another achievement after that one, "real last man standing" for doing it twice. Maybe there's even one for 10 :p

A case study is World 1 - that world is so dead that you can't even fill up your friends list during events. Primetime battles might comprise 2 onliners if you're lucky and you have someone else to chat to during the battle. Yet, Inno hasn't shut down that world - this points to the fact that it probably doesn't cost anything at all to keep worlds open. So, the game probably is here to stay even if almost everyone quits, until the servers themselves malfunction.

I've kept track of player numbers on some worlds for a couple years and in certain places, like Colorado, the number of level 120+ and 150 players has actually stayed the same over a two year period, not decreased. Player numbers probably follow this curve. They start from a high point and then fall down to some sort of lower equilibrium, leaving behind those players who have played for decades, and keep on playing out of habit.

1582822265478.png