The Twisted West

DeletedUser31931

As Ben walked off he realised he was wandering into the desert. If this rabbit was a hallucination then it might know something he had forgotten in everything but his sub-conscious mind. Then with a plop the rabbit vanished. Oh Great! he thought I'm stuck in the desert, with... hang on. He had been here before, and then the memory came back. He was standing watching his friend bury the most powerful weapon ever. Capable of destroying everything it harnessed the power of ghost rock and turned it into a bullet capable of destroying almost anything anything although he didn't think it could shoot someone holding ghost rock, he was certain it could destroy demons though, other than that he didn't know it's power. Ben wasn't sure on the exact details but he wasn't a scientist. All he knew was you aimed, pulled the trigger and the thing went bang. He remembered his friends words "only use this in a time of need" well now was the time. He walked about five metres or so to a little hollow with a lone tree. He dug with his hands at the roots of the tree until he found the spade. He then went back and began to dig.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13682

"Well, I don't know about that. I've seen some of the inventions in the Orient, involving the Huànyǐng dàlǐshí. One of my favourites was a firework, designed for war, that would head toward the nearest humanesque figure not carrying a piece of Huànyǐng dàlǐshí. It worked on the heat of humans. It was nearly perfected when I left, at first it would hit cows, chickens, anything. Besides, you're required to tell me about your invention if I feel it would help in the investigation, and right now I think it would help."

But Ian shrugged, got up, and followed Mr. Cain and M to the private room. He started writing down what Mr. Cain was saying, but stopped when he asked M a question. "Please, you can talk to her when I'm done here. I hate to be rude, but the sooner I can find out the reasons behind this, the sooner I can stop it." Mr. Cain continued, and Ian wrote down the rest of the statement. When he was done, Mr. Cain started talking to M, and Ian reviewed his notes. "Alright, M's turn again. Mr. Cain already asked the first one, and I would like to know what a Tesla Coil is."

DeletedUser

(OOC:Just saying, I meant the bar the monologue has been taking place in.)

DeletedUser25825

M was busy peering at the schematics Alexander had presented her. She blinked and looked up at Ian. She asked, "You want to see my Tesla Coil?" As Ian nodded, the sound of crashing glass and screams were heard in the bar area, followed by several shots. M moved hesitantly toward the door, and cracked it open. She shut it quickly and leaned against it as she paled and said, "If you wanted a good description of that monster we were talking about, all you need do is ask it." She hooked her good thumb over her shoulder and retreated behind the two men.

The shouts of consternation continued, though many were fading as humans abandoned the building quickly when they learned their weapons were not doing anything to the Wendigo. The Wendigo gave up on its current victim, and turned to seek out more. It entered the streets, and roared as the townfolk scattered everywhere to escape. Shutters snapped shut, and doors closed, as the beast stalked the streets. Barely heard above the clamor of women screaming, men shouting, and the beast's triumphant howls and roaring, was a shrill wordless cadence sung by the diminutive Little Rain Cloud.

She stood at the far end of the street, with her staff raised as she swayed slightly in place as she continued to sing. The Wendigo took notice, and turned toward her. It howled in fury at her and began moving in her direction. She raised her voice in pitch, as a commanding timbre entered her song. The Wendigo staggered, and howled again as it covered its head with its massive paws. Little Rain Cloud spoke several words in a foreign tongue, and the Wendigo roared at her. The small woman stamped her foot imperiously on the dirt, and commanded it once again. The Wendigo howled in fury, turned and fled down the street and out of the town.

Little Rain Cloud stopped her song shortly after it disappeared into the night, and lowered her staff. She looked around the empty streets, save the few brave souls that investigated the Wendigo's departure. She shook her head slightly, turned and began walking out of the town.

DeletedUser

The awful demented monster had been raging down the streets of town for some time. The two sisters were cowering in the corner as Jean looked out the window. There it was the awful beast, but it looked at something further down the street. He carefully craned his neck out the second story window and spotted a small, ancient woman. She heard her speaking some strange words that caused the beast to suddenly howl and flee the opposite direction out of town. Who was she? He thought to himself. He told the two sisters to stay in the room until he came back and ran downstairs into the street. He looked both ways, the woman was gone and so was the beast.

Jean had finally persuaded the two nuns accompanying him to take shelter in a church built by some Catholic families outside of town and to help mantain the word of god from what he thought would be a safe adobe. He meanwhile was determined that he would investigate the appearences of the strange monsters and save the occaisonal sinner. The idea that the region was so ridden with sin that satan's own appeared here didn't make sense as there were places far more rife with sin. There had to be another reason. After helping some sinners around the saloons he learned more about the mysterious material known as ghostrock. He was not interested in the miners however as they were probably simple men. Jean was far more concerned with the material's users as these ones were most likely the cause of these being's recent appearence. He had been given a name of one of the ghost rock's manipulators and went to his house. It was a Mr. Smith. He was described as an oddball eccentric who kept a Chinese serving woman and had spent time in the Orient. An interesting person, Jean knocked on the door.

DeletedUser13682

(OCC: I think you're mixing your characters up, Mr. Jean)

Ian nodded at M's question about the Tesla Coil. Of course he wanted to see this, it sounded like a pretty neat thing. Suddenly, crashes and gunfire filled the front of the saloon and leaked through the door. M got to said door before Ian, and checked outside. She paled and said to the effect that the monster M and Mr. Cain had seen last night was in the bar. She then proceeded to duck behind Ian and Mr. Cain. "Both of you stay here," Ian ordered them. "You won't get eaten today." Ian pulled out his Volcanic pistol and headed out of the backroom.

By now, the monster was outside, terrorizing and killing the people who were unable to make it indoors. Ian fired his Volcanic at it, but it wasn't very effective, as you could imagine. Suddenly, the beast turned around, and howled, moving in the opposite direction from its original path, though not worrying to kill anybody or destroy property. He looked in the direction the beast was heading, and saw an Indian(Native American, of course) woman moving her mouth, though he couldn't hear what was being said. The beast staggered, and covered its head, prompting the woman to stomp her foot. This caused the beast to flee.

As Ian ran to catch up to her, he tripped on a stray bit of flotsam, causing the ground to 'lightly tap' his face, and his pistol to fly about 20 feet away. Ian quickly got up to retrieve it, and catch up to the woman, but by the time he grabbed it, she was gone. Ian muttered and cursed to himself as he walked back to the bar, and into the backroom. "Well, I'll write that description down now," Ian announced to M and Mr. Cain. "And then I'll see that invention of yours Mr. Cain, possibly over a pint."

DeletedUser31931

After a short while digging Ben uncovered what he was looking for, The weapon in the was (using modern language so you get a better picture) in all effects a miniaturized bazooka that you held like an AK. You loaded ghost rock in and The ghost rock became a flaming piece of deadly junk. It was powered by ghost rock and used ghost rock as ammo. One piece of ghost rock could keep it going for a month. Back in the bar that lady, M had said she had a laboratory, Maybe he could ask to buy some ghost rock of her and show her his weapon. If she could tell him exactly how it worked even better. He put the weapon in his spare shotgun holder mounted Lightning and rode back towards the town.

DeletedUser28032

(OOC: I think you want Mr Cain, he's the mad man with the Chinses maid)

Drawing his own revolver Alexander watched as Agent Smith left the back room in search of the creature I am going to have to start carrying Ghost Rounds Alexander thought to himself thumbing back the hammer and hoping to hell he wouldn't have to use it, not that he didn't know how but more because he doubted its effectiveness against such a creature.
a few moments later Agent Smith returned narrowly avoiding being shot by a wired Alexander. Lowering his weapon Alexander quickly apologised although upon hearing the mans insistance at seeing his inventions started to wish he had shot him.
Show him...he probably won't understand what you're showing him and if he does take offence well...workshops are dangerous places Returning his gun to its holster Alexander politley smiled at the Pinkerton agent "But of course, please allow me to show you to my workshop...Miss M would you care to join us?"

DeletedUser

(OOC:Aw shoot, pardon me. I don't know how I made the mistake it's Mr. Cain. Also seems I've gone a little too far ahead, so Mr. Cain could think about answering the door a few hours after coming home...)

DeletedUser25825

M blinked at Ian, and looked unassuredly at Alexander before she said, "Don't you... um... don't you have to hunt that thing down? You claim to be some great detective. Detect! Find it, and rid the world of it!" She frowned confusedly at the Pinkerton, and then looked back at Alexander and shrugged her shoulders.

The townfolk slowly began emerging from their homes and businesses. The stories immediately became greater and scarier with each passing. The monster eventually ended up having three heads, and killed a hundred men... according to what everybody was saying and hearing. Several people mentioned some strange Indian woman, who controlled the beast, and fired talk about finding her, and the nearest band of savages got people really starting to get worked up. The people started shouting angrily, as they gathered weapons and torches to foray out into the night after the savages who send monsters into civilized towns.

DeletedUser31931

Ben rode towards the bar to see the Pinkerton and the two inventors exiting. He pulled over to here M say "Find it, and rid the world of it!" and jumped of his horse. "Are we talking about demons by any chance." he said rather mockingly "But they don't exist so surely one couldn't have destroyed most of the town. I'm not here to gloat though, as much as I would love to, I'm here because I need M and Mr. Cain's help. I have a gun that works on Ghost Rock but I'm not exactly sure how it works, could you explain it to me. I'm guessing it's your field of science" he said pointing at M. "Here it is" he said pulling it off his back. "I've seen it fired before and I want to know how it works. Don't tell me the end result, I've seen that with my own eyes." and with that he stood there and waited for a reply.

DeletedUser28032

"Do the words...Cain Precission Armanants...mean anything to you?" Alexander asked increduously, he had been making and selling firearms for the better part of his life and couldn't believe that he was being passed over for a physicist.
Taking the weapon from the man shaking his head in despair, Alexander began casting his eye over it, the weapons components were mainly outdated and metal was beginning to corrode from where it had been left in the desert for so long however from the look of it it was a simple one shot weapon not too dissimilar to a shotgun.
Handing back the weapon Alexander shrugged "Once upon a time this would have been quite a piece, however i would recommend you throw it back into the desert" from the look on the mans face he could tell he wouldn't settle for that even if it would save his life "if you want a weapon capable of taking that thing down and don't mind the cost then i might be able to produce something for you but it will take time"
He turned to look at agent Smith and M "if you wish to see my work I would sugest we get moving, my house is fairly isolated and i don't fancy travelling this road after dark"

DeletedUser31931

Ben was surprised at his offer, but not so surprised at the state of it. "Could you use it to make another one quicker? I know that in it's time this thing would have been able to kill the monster and I saw it kill one of it's kind with my own eyes. Could you? If you can I will come with you to your house. I discovered enough bullets to the head will kill one of those things and I could help protect you if you need." With that he mounted Lightning again and motioned "Shall we?"

DeletedUser13682

"I can't with regular bullets. People were shooting at it, and nothing. I'm sorry." Iam walked out with Mr. Cain and M. When they arrived outside, Ian's archnemesis was standing there, mocking them. "Alright, get your facts straight. A. I never said demons don't exist. I said they don't come out of the Huànyǐng dàlǐshí, which they don't. B. That wasn't a demon, that was a beast. If you are going to try and insult me again, do it properly."

Ian than noticed the remains of a weapon in his archnemesis's hand. Before he could comment on it though, Archnemesis and Mr. Cain were talking about it. He hadn't seen that weapon before, but he had seen other weapons capable of killing beasts and demons and ghosts and whatnots using ghost rock as power. "Very interesting weapon there. Who made it?" Ian asked Archnemesis. Turning back to Mr. Cain, he responded, "Alright. Let's get moving. And yes, you can come too, I guess," Ian told Archnemesis.

DeletedUser31931

As they trotted off Ben rode over to Ian "Call me Ben please. I only wish to help. Sorry about our past argument. I will agree to disagree with you here so if you are willing I will call a peace behind us and help you hunt that beast down. A friend made it. I won't reveal his name because he always wanted to remain hidden. All I can say is that if I ever needed him I would know where to look but he is to far away now to help." He stuck his hand out the universal signal of friendship.

DeletedUser28032

Alexander arrived at his house with the small party in tow, the light was starting to fade so he was relieved to be in the relative safety of his home.
However it as he was approaching that he noticed a man at his door, Liu's face was peering through the crack telling him that wuold have to come back later, good she was learning.
Approaching the man stood on his porch Alexander called out, his hand resting on his revolver, it had been an eventfull day and he didn't feel like taking any chances "Can I help you sir?"

DeletedUser31931

They arrived to see that the man Ben had seen there was still there. Alex asked if he could help and Ben sat back in his saddle. This was going to be interesting.

DeletedUser

The women, clearly Chinese, who answered the door was not exactly willing to let Jean in. As she promptly told him Alexander was out before attempting to slam the door in his face. Jean was considering what he might do when someone spoke from behind him, "Can I help you sir?"

Jean turned around to face the fellow, "Yes, I'm looking for a Mr. Alexander Cain. I understand he lives here and is a manipulator of that Satan's- err... Ghostrock. Perhaps you know where he could be found?"

DeletedUser31931

As the person answered Ben realised what he must be. He was a Vicar! Either that or someone who deeply religious. Ben just hoped he wasn't here to convince them that it was devils work. Because no they were trying to stop devils with their work. He couldn't help but throw himself in the deep end if ever he walked past it(not physically of course). This time the urge was almost to great but he held himself and didn't but in. He wanted to see how this played out before he butted in and so told himself he could jump in later.

DeletedUser25825

M looked at the broken contraption that was being thrust into her face by a clearly deranged man for all of two seconds, before Alexander promptly misdirected the weapon elsewhere. It was fine by M. She didn't deal with weapons much since discovering the power of the Tesla Rod. She looked back at the paper Alexander had given to her.

M straggled along with the group as they headed to Alexander's house. She looked up occasionally from the schematic, which Alexander had left in her careful care, mostly to make sure she didn't bump into anybody or anything. She mumbled to herself continuously as she studied the schematic, turning it this way and that, and nodding occasionally. As they made it to Alexander's house, she looked up at the new arrival on the porch. She narrowed her eyes slightly, and moved behind the Pinkerton, peering out from around the man.

The large posse the townsfolk had gathered wandered out into the night. They continued to shout angrily about hunting down savages and their monsters. They tramped through the dessert, headed who knows where, and missed the small Little Rain Cloud entirely. She heard them coming, long before they made their appearance, and had concealed herself. After they passed, she calmly stood and walked in the opposite direction. Perhaps Raven was right in all of this she mused. The people obviously were not thinking, and most likely headed toward their doom. If the Wendigo was located, which she highly doubted, it would tear them all apart. It would be sad for fifty or so souls to move on, but it was that many less idots in the world.