The Twisted West

DeletedUser25825

M turned her attention toward James as he commented on her toy. She smiled lopsidedly at him, and patted her pocket gently. She said, "This is Horus. Just a toy really, but yes, I suppose it would be classified as a mechanic." She glanced down at the peacemaker on James's hip with her dazzling green eyes, before looking back at his face as she continued to speak. "I see you carry a weapon openly. Just begs for trouble I think. Concealed is the way to carry. Though... I think that would just about knock me flat on my back if I tried to fire that. I'm but a small thing really you can see."

She looked around the bar, as commotion occurred at one of the tables, and then back at James as she ignored the men running out into the night. "What brings me here you asked? And why wouldn't you ask? It's not like I'm an obvious regular here. I'm not really sure what brought me here. I mean, I DO know what brought me here, but it's not something I've exactly named yet. Two things really brought me here now that I dwell on the thought. First, my invention brought me here. Well... the general vicinity of here. I was in San Francisco... working in my lab on that thing I told you that brought me here that I haven't named yet? And then... I activated it... and was here lickity split. Now... what brought me here exactly to this town. Tombstone I think it is. You know? I've often read about this city, but never have visited it so I suppose it was a good thing the monster came along."

She paused to take a breath, and continued, "I see you got tense with the whole monster thing. Just a crazy drunk you must think I am, but I know what I saw. Well... I don't REALLY know what I saw. Or else I'd say what it was exactly. I'm quite certain it was out to eat me, and that poor fellow that I happened upon. I wonder what happened to him? Hopefully not eaten. He seemed really nice you see. Anyways, this monster that I was talking about. It was HUGE!!!"

She proceeded to climb up onto the bar top, ignoring the protests of the bar tender, and held her hand out roughly nine feet above the floor. "It was THIS tall. All hairy. Red eyes, lots of really sharp teeth, and claws at least as long as my forearm." She held out her arm, tapping her forearm and nodded sincerely. "Well... I appear out of nowhere, and apparently this thing takes offense to that, or it's just a monster what was looking to eat me. Well I... " She produced her Tesla Rod from within her lab coat and began rubbing it against the leg of her pants, as she lowered her protective goggles over her eyes. She was obviously caught up in her tale. She continued to relate her heroics, causing all of her hair to start to stand out on end as she continued. "I just took out my Tesla Rod here, rubbed it up against my leg a bunch of times... and" She pointed the rod outward, and a huge arc of green electricity launched out of the end and struck an unoffending lantern, which exploded.

M gasped, lowered her Tesla Rod slowly, and hopped down off the bar top. She moved over to the fire that had been produced by the ignited oil within the lantern and began stomping on the flames. "Um... yeah... that. Only it was the monster that got zapped!" She raised her goggles onto her forehead, frowned at the spreading fire, and moved back to the bar. She tucked her Tesla Rod away, and picked up a large brass spitoon. She struggled under its weight as she moved back over to the fire and heaved the contents over it. She successfully extinguished the fire, and she wrinkled her nose at the brown, vile liquid that slowly dripped down the walls. "Gross", she commented before returning to the bar.

She climbed back onto the stool and looked at James. "So... my Tesla Rod... it zapped the monster and flattened it. Didn't kill it though. I've never seen that before. I mean... it's a tremendous amount of voltage and joules my Tesla hits with. I use it only in the direst of circumstances. That guy that tried to rob me that one time. Oh! One of my creations... that got a bit out of control and needed to be rendered inert. But... anything living should be roasted. So... monster... yes... definitely monster." She glanced at the bar tender who looked very upset with her, and grinnned lopsidedly at him as she said, "Um... yeah. That Double Eagle I hefted at you? You can um... yeah... you can keep the change. Cleanup and stuff... sorry about that." She actually looked embarrased as she said it. She looked at James and said, "So... I'm here because of two completely random things, that were far beyond any fault of mine. I'll be taking the earliest train back to my lab in San Francisco. This place is crazy."

DeletedUser31931

As they fight started Ben turned. He wasn't going to participate no. But he was going to watch and if it was unfair he would help. Then a man burst in and asked what the poor Italian had done to be attacked. Ben, sensing a fight, Pulled our his schofield and checked it was loaded. He cocked it for the first shot

DeletedUser

Silas' vision swam in and out of focus. A huge cut above his eye bled profusely and the blood was beginning to soak into the collar of his shirt. Silas clawed at his calf and got his hands around the barrel of his Double Action Revolver, drawing it and managing to point it at one of the enraged gamblers, before his gun was kicked from his hand and went skittering into the gutter.

Punching and flailing, Silas screamed curses, expletives and even begged for them to stop, before the beating was interrupted by the appearance of the preacher who had been preaching outside the saloon, before Silas had robbed the pair of nuns. "Stop!" the preacher commanded in a tone that brooked no disobedience. What has this man done to deserve such cruel justice. And which of you left those rosaries on the table?" The father demanded, as he pointed his own revolver and the four gamblers.

Before any of the gamblers could speak up, Silas cried "It were these four poor souls that stole the prayer beads! I beat them at a fair game of poker and then they didn't give me my winnings. Please, please help me father! I'm a good catholic boy!"

"That's a dirty lie!" One of the gamblers replied, before beating the barrel of his revolver across Silas' temple.

"I tell the truth!" Silas yelped, as he was dropped bodily into the filth of the alley.

DeletedUser31931

As the gamblers pointed the revolver at the Italians head Ben decided he had seen enough. "Stop this at once!" he shouted "Would you kill a man without a fair fight! I should strike every single one of you dead for your foolishness." meanwhile they were just staring at him "If you are proper men then give him his weapon and a chance to defend himself. If not I will kill all of you for being wimps and God will bless me for doing so. As for the rosaries he did place them on the table. But that does not allow you to kill him unfairly. Look at you! Five of you all armed and just him unarmed! Is that a fair fight! I think not!" Ben levelled his Schofield "and if any of you want to argue with that I will be only to happy to resolve this by a duel." and with that he stood and waited for a reply.

DeletedUser

Jean looked at the situation and listened to the boy's pleas of help. As he considered them another boy came out of the bar saying he was ready to shoot anyone that wanted to continue beating the fellow in the mud would have to deal with the gun. The priest put his weapon back, "Gambling is no good for your eternal salvation nor is lieing." The gamblers were too focused on the boy who'd just come in. "Also beating an unarmed man is no good either," the gamblers didn't notice as the priest grabbed an old board lieing against the building. "And how could you dare to consider hawking the stolen goods of your sisters?" Jean firmly slammed the board against the head of the closest gambler. Before they could respond he was in their midst slamming the board against them and ducking punches. One of them moved for the derringer in his pocket. Jean brought the board against the man's chest and knocking the weapon into the mud. "And drawing a weapon against a priest?" After another 30 seconds of slamming the board among the sinners they were all lieing in the mud. Jean took the hand of the boy they'd beaten and helped him up. "Let this be a lesson to you, gambling has no rewards. And as for you," he looked into the boys mud covered face, "If you are such a good Catholic I highly reccomend you come with me and apologize to the sisters you robbed."

DeletedUser13682

Ian looked at the photograph the man had thrown at them. It did seem a bit convincing at first, but a few of the lines were off. "It's doctored," Ian announced. "See here, where it appears that a thing is coming out of the rock, at least some of the lines were drawn in. Maybe some of it is overexposure as well, but definitively not a demon from the Huànyǐng dàlǐshí. Actually, if I'm not mistaken, it's just plain old rock, maybe sandstone. Can't tell very well from the quality, it's horrid, but I don't think we're dealing with the Huànyǐng dàlǐshí. But I will keep the photo for further analysis if you don't mind," Ian finished, and pocketed the photo. "Thank you for your time, Mr. Cain. You were a help, and now, I shall go for a drink."

Ian allowed Liu to show him out, and after wishing her a fond farewell, headed over to the saloon. The day was really very nice at this time, the Sun was shining perfectly to give the world a nice good light that Ian loved. Along the way, he restudied the photograph, and could only come to the conclusion that it was a fake. The lines weren't right, and nothing came out of the Huànyǐng dàlǐshí, especially not demons. But the photo may prove to be real, Ian couldn't discount it until it had been disproven for good.

Ian had arrived at the saloon, and upon entering, discovered a female with a similar description to the one that Alexander Cane had given him. It was never supposed to be this easy, investigating national cases, but maybe for once it would be. Ian hoped so, but there was only one way to find out. Ian sat down in a barstool next to the woman, and called the barkeeper over. "I'll have a cup of Baijiu, but if you don't have that, I guess a fifth (in this case, one ounce) of scotch will do. And give the woman next to me whatever she wants." As the bartender went to fetch the drinks, Ian turned to the woman. "So tell me, ma'am," Ian said. "When did you get here? I haven't seen you here before."

DeletedUser31931

Ben was grateful for the priests intervention. He didn't like to see pointless lives lost. As the duellers apologised Ben picked up the gun of the man on the floor. "here's your gun" he said handing it to him "use it well" and with that he walked off. By now that Pinkerton had arrived and was chatting to the mad lady. "you won't get much sense out of her. She's half mad already" he said pulling up a stool next to the Pinkerton. "From what I gathered earlier she saw a demon creature and tried to kill it with one of her inventions and it failed. She was so scared she ran all the way to Timbuktu." he said and then ordered a good scotch. He looked around. He couldn't see James any more but even so he shouted: "Oi! Is James West still in the saloon!" and waited for a reply.

DeletedUser28032

Alexander sat at his workbench hunched over the small device he was currently constructing, the strains of Mozart currently playing from the unceasing gramaphone in the corner.
The device was about the size and shape of a cricket ball and made from a series of interlocking brass plates, each plate was attached internally via a complicated assembly of springs and hinges allowing the plates to be depressed inwards and then spring back to its original place, whilst counterlevering an opposing plate in the opposite direction.
A bead of sweat ran down Alexanders forehead as he inserted the miniscule cog into a small clockwork motor, this part of the job was extremely fiddly and matters weren't improved by the rabbit that insisted on watching him and tutting when he slipped.
It sat in the corner of his workshop reading Charles Dickens, pausing from time to time to peer over the top of its wireframed glasses at him rather like the way his old schoolmaster used to back in England.
With a great sigh of relief the cog slid into place "See I told you it would work" Alexander said to the imaginary rabbit, who was currently at this very moment in time checking an oversized pocket watch, which it had produced from his blue striped blazer.
Checking his own watch Alexander realised that it was now midday, he hadn't eaten since lunchtime the previous day and was consequently famished.
Leaving his workshop, Alexander locked the door behind him, normally he'd have asked Liu to make him something however after this morning he decided he'd go into Tombstone instead.
Something troubled Alexander as he retrieved his revolver and coat from the cloakroom at the end of the hallway, before coming to this God forsaken town he'd never even raised his voice to a woman let alone hurt one and yet this morning he had gripped Liu's arms so tightly as he had shouted at her that he had left large ugly purple bruise's, she was terrified of him he knew that much and he didn't like that, he didn't want to be that sort of man but he had been so...angry.
He had never felt anger like that before, so pure and volatile that the world around him had faded behind a red mist of seething rage, but he was better now the madness had passed... or so the rabbit told him anyway.

The walk down to Tombstone was thankfully uneventfull, no fanged beasts or teleporting women this time, although if given the chance he would wish to speak with her she was clearly quite intelligent if a little ...eccentric, perhaps she would be capable of resolving some of the issues he was currently having with his project?
With the midday sun high in the sky Alexander entered the saloon holding the door open so that the rabbit could follow, just because he didn't exist didn't mean that Alexander could be rude to him.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25825

M opened her mouth to answer Ian's question, and then snapped it shut as Ben stepped up and apparently decided he was a ma'am. She giggled, and shook her head as she stared at Ben, as she commented, "Well, aren't you just a rude goat then?" She looked at Ian. She said, "He looks more like a man to me, but if you want to hold a conversation with him, I'd suggest you expect a great deal of rudeness. Yes, yes I would say that." She turned toward Ben and folded her arms, as she looked at him with her dazzling green eyes.

"Oi", she adressed him, "you have to be just about the rudest person I've met in Tombstone. Shouting all over the place, answering for other people, displaying weapons. My goodness... you're just a busy body now aren't you. You sure I'M the half mad one here? Also.. if you saw a demon that wasn't killed by your weapon... are you going to suddenly ask for tea then? Better part of valor buddy. Run like hell is what I say." She waved her injured left hand dismissively toward him, and returned her attention to Ian.

"As for your question, I can't say as I've seen you here before either." Her eyes, looked up and down Ian, before resettling on his face as she said, "You look like a traveler just like me. Or, you were just trying to break the ice to get to know me better. I can save you the trouble. If you're looking to settle down with a little lady mister, I'm guessing I'm not your type. I am not from here, don't plan on being from here. I'm high tailing it back to San Francisco just about as soon as a train can carry me there." She nodded once. "I'll pass on the drink thank you just the same, two is my limit."

DeletedUser13682

Oh dear Gods no, it was the man who interrupted earlier, he was here in the saloon. How did he get here? "What are you doing here, now? I'm trying to talk to somebody, and you come here and interrupt. What is this, twice today? Did I do something to you or your family that I'm not aware of? I'm sorry if I did, now leave me alone. Your picture is fake. At least five of the lines were drawn in after the original exposure. Doesn't even look like Huànyǐng dàlǐshí, but that might just be the colour, so I'll give you that, for now. Have a drink on me, and just leave me alone."

Ian took a deep breath, and turned to talk to the woman again. "Settle down? I couldn't, job doesn't allow me. And you're right, I'm new here too, got in earlier today. Name's Ian Smith. And I wasn't calling any guy here ma'am, my eyes are good enough to tell male from female." Ian's drink arrived, scotch, of course. He took a sip from it, and sighed with satisfaction. "Barely noon, and I'm already drinking, they said that might happen. Now, tell me ma'am, and yes I mean you, not a male, nor any other female in here, though," Ian took a quick look around, "I don't see any other females here. What are you doing here in Tombstone? You're anxious to get back to San Francisco, actually I come from San Jose, right near San Francisco. A coincidence! Anyway, why are you so anxious to get back home from here? You only just got here didn't you?" Ian took another sip from his drink, and paused for a second. Then he continued. "Wait a minute? What makes you think you're not my type? You don't even know my favourite colour."

DeletedUser31931

As M dismissed him Ben chuckled. He liked feisty women. He waited until they finished before pulling up on the other side of M. "So then you didn't run from a demon? Why did you flee in here like the devil's hounds where chasing after you?" he asked. "And I would like a proper reply. What caused you to run in here? As for why I'm asking. Well Mr. Civilian over here has no idea what is really going on. I however do. This is why I'm asking you. I'm a soldier and I fight for Justice (and money when I need it). I want to discover the reason we have abnormal creatures walking around and" he said turning to the Pinkerton "I did not forge that photograph. I merely drew the lines on for a friend to see it better because he is blind in one eye. I remember that was took before I put about five shotgun rounds into it's head." and then turning back to the woman "and can I see your latest inventions please. I am always interested in the latest technology especially if you happen to have new weapons. But first of all, My name is Ben Andrews. What's yours?" and drunk his scotch which had arrived.

DeletedUser28032

Walking into the smoky saloon Alexander noticed that it was abnormally crowded for a tuesday which was odd considering the towns population. Approaching the long wooden bar Alexander clicked his fingers in order to attract the barmans attention "Shot of whiskey if you don't mind Henry and something to eat" taking the drink Alexander sat himself down at a corner table with his back to the wall so he could survey the crowded saloon.
A man started to play the battered piano in the corner, a cigarette hanging from the corner of his mouth, dropping ash all over the keys as he played some folk song.
Sat at the bar was the Pinkerton agent and the fool who'd babbled to him about demons both of whom seemed to be chatting up the same woman, although for the life of him he couldn't work out why? once upon a time she may have been quite pretty however the scars covering half of her face more than ruined her past looks.
The woman was short with curly hair and dressed in a lab coat and boots causing her to stand out in the bar, the only other women Alexander had seen in here were either nuns or *****s not the best of mixes. It was whilst he was studying the womans appearance that he suddenly recognised her as the woman from last night small world isn't it now who are you?.
"Thank you Henry add it to my tab" Alexander smiled as the barman placed a chipped enamel plate before him "Whose the woman with the curly hair, she doesn't look like a local?" Henry turned to look at the woman briefly before turning back answer in a hushed voice "Don't know her name but I overheard she's from Frisco...Bloody inventors, she damn near set by bar alight with one of her infernal contraptions... they're all mad as hatters if you ask me" he said with a scowl "Now Henry thats a very narrow minded view you have there...We're not all mad... although I have to admit the majority are" Alexander glanced over to the rabbit sitting on the chair beside him as if to confirm which bracket he fell under, noting absently that he was now smoking a pipe why would a rabbit smoke a pipe?
Tucking into the two burnt sausages that sat atop the sea of luke warm beans Alexander planned his next move. He needed a new supplier what with Jack Carson's sudden growth of a concience although it hadn't stopped him from taking payment he had noticed, no doubt by now the former undertakers asistant was on a train out of here which left Alexander at a loss as to how to replace him.
The other problem was a little easier to solve afterall mechanics and clockwork was his forte he'd just have to work on the mechanism's design some more until he got it right, that or he could talk to the woman sat at the bar. No doubt she would be able to help him out with his project he just needed to get her alone long enough to ask her, he didn't want everyone to know what he was doing in his workshop.

DeletedUser25825

M waved her disfigured hand dismissively at Ian as she retorted, "Believe me, I'm not anybody's type. Anyway...", she frowned. She said, "Where were we?" Oh yes! Why I'm here. I thought I already covered that. I am here, because here is where I ended up. I have a few more minor adjustments to make, and then I would wager I could be anywhere." She nodded vehemently. She cast a sideways glance at Ben, annoyance obvious on the right side of her face. She shook her head and said, "You really are very rude you know. I already said I don't know what I saw... so how could I possibly classify it as a demon? Demons are myths and fairy tales, shared to keep children in bed, rather than wandering the night."

She tapped her good fingers rythymically against the bar top as she frowned thoughtfully, before saying, "No... I would definitely say this was a monster of some sort. Still... just as apt to keep children... and grown people in bed. If they knew what was good for them at least. It easily could have eaten... probably both of us. Me... " she glanced in Alexander's direction and leveled her index finger toward him, "and him! I'm so happy you weren't eaten!"

DeletedUser13682

"You drew the lines on the negative of this print," Ian responded to the forger's comment, "just for the convenience of one person? I could understand if they were pencil lines forming arrows, just on this print, but they're drawn on the negative. They aren't even arrows pointing out important features. They're lines attempting to create new features not in the original negative. Now, quit interfering with my investigation before I arrest you for interference and obstruction of justice. Also, I am not a civilian. I hold the rank of detective inspector sergeant first class.

"Another whiskey please," Ian said to the bartender. The requested drink came soon after. A bit after, the door opened again, and Ian turned to see none other than Mr. Cain. "How good to see you, Mr. Cain," Ian spoke. "Hadn't expected to see you so soon, especially here, but glad to see you none the less." After that greeting was done, Ian got out his notebook and began to write down the woman's answers. These were important things to have. When the beast came up, Ian started to get worried. Mr. Cain had never said anything about a beast, nor had anybody else. "I haven't heard a beast mentioned in any other report. Mr. Cain, since you're here, can you verify the claim that a beast was present when you met..." Ian turned to the woman. "I'm afriad I haven't gotten your name yet. Very rude, isn't it?"

DeletedUser25825

M shrugged her shoulders at Ian's last question and ultimately shook her head. She answered, "Not rude at all, as I never dropped it. Capital m." She looked at Ian's notebook, and then up at his face which was expectant of further letters no doubt and she shook her head, as she continued, "Nope, that's it. M." She held her good hand up as she continued speaking, "No, it's not short or long for anything. M is me, and that's as good as can be."

She looked around the bar, which was slowly gathering more patrons as the night wore on, and she narrowed her dazzling green eyes speculatively. She murmured, "Hmm, getting a bit crowded in here." She looked back at Ian and tilted her head slightly to her right side as she said, "So, the monster. This was no beast. I can assure you I am quite aware of just about all mammals that walk the sandy side of the US of A, and this was not a member. Sure, it walked upright, had hair, and smelled like burnt dog when I gave it a zap, but this is a monster. It stands over twice as tall as I, has a great maw of fangs, and long talons on its hands. Five... " She held up her good hand with the fingers spread, nodding her head. "Anyways, I think the other guy brought it, because I can assure you it did not come from my lab. I'm all about mechanics, not biometrics." She nodded again, and looked toward Alexander accusingly.

DeletedUser31931

Ben sat there chuckling. If he didn't know about the demons he was as bad as a civilian. "I'm working on a private investigation too. It's called how to get rid of demons." he said as he walked off. As he did a rabbit walked in. What was a white rabbit doing in here. "hello friend" he said "you going to join me for a stroll then." he said jokingly
"I actually might. I was getting bored of Alexander's company." he replied suddenly making Ben agog "and if you want to find the demons then you could follow me and I will lead you to a weapon that could kill them." he said curtly. Ben was still too shocked to speak. He must have spent too much time around the ghost-rock. But he bent down quickly and ruffled the white rabbit's hair. It existed but it couldn't it was a figment of Ben's imagination ye the could touch it and maybe lift it up."No you can't lift me up!" the rabbit said as if reading Ben's thoughts "you can not lift me up under any circumstances!" and so they set off into the night to find this weapon.

DeletedUser28032

(OOC: for the record the "Rabbit" is an hallucination and so I wouldn't reccomend you trying to interact with it)

Alexander looked up as he heard his name being spoken by both the woman calling herself M and agent Smith "Why thank you I happy to see you weren't eaten also" he replied cheerfully to M before addressing agent Smith "OK i'll admit that I did omit my encounter with the beast, I have a reputation for being rather...eccentric and so didn't wish to add to it, although I can asure you although I do have an interest in Biometrics that thing wasn't my handiwork" he didn't like the accusation it was a little too close to the truth of his project.
Pushing his plate to one side Alexander arose from his seat and approached agent Smith and M "If you like I have a back room here where we can discuss the subject privately, Also if its ok with you I'd like to request M's considerable expertise on a project I am currently undertaking" He decided it would be best to keep some of the details of what he was doing to himself especially if agent Smith was present, he might take it the wrong way.

DeletedUser13682

Ian wrote down the name of the woman. "M was it? No family name, or no Christian name? And were you given this name by your parents, or did you choose it yourself?" And then the quack spoke up, mentioning his private investigation. "Fine, work on your private investigation, but if it ever interferes with my investigation, you will be arrested for the reasons I mentioned previously." The quack got up to leave, but for some reason, he stopped, and bent down. His mouth was moving, it seemed like, and he reached down for something. But his hand came up empty, and he left.

Ian turned to Mr. Cain. "I'll let it go this time, but you need to tell me everything. Remember, I was sent here because strange things are going on involving the Huànyǐng dàlǐshí. I've dealt with this before, so I'm open to new ideas. Except demons coming from the Huànyǐng dàlǐshí. That never happens. They aren't gateways to other worlds."

Ian shook his head and sighed. "I'm sorry, I rambled. I might just arrest myself for interfering with my own case." Ian drank the rest of his second drink. "Thank you for the offer, Mr. Cain," Ian said, noticing the filling state of the bar. "Privacy might be better. But please, tell me about your invention. It just might help. Besides, the only way you will be prosecuted is if you interfere like our demon lover over there, or you purposely are causing these things to happen. I doubt either of you are doing either."

DeletedUser28032

"My inventions? I am sorrry I do not mean to insult you but I fear that my inventions would be beyond you...However needless to say I do not create monsters in my cellar" Alexander replied politley holding the door to his room open.
It was a small room consisting of a small single bed a desk and two chairs, Alexander had rented it for the sole purpose of sleeping in it after long drinking sessions in the saloon when he was feeling depressed and nothing more.
Sitting on the edge of the unmade bed Alexander gestured at the rickety chairs inviting his guests to sit down.
"Well Mr. Smith seen as you asked about the beast I shall tell you what I saw... I was walking into town last night around...eleven I would say.... when out of the darkness came this great beast, it was around seven feet tall with razor sharp talons and teeth and covered in black shaggy fur...if it hadn't been for miss M's timely arrival I fear I would have been eviscerated...By the way how did you apear so quickly I would be interested in finding out someday?" Alexander noticed the impatient look on agent Smith's face apparently he didn't think this was the time or place to be askng such questions "Anyway as I was saying M here appeared out of nowhere and attacked the beast with a tesla coil, my own revolver still in its holster, after that we both went our seperate ways... rather quickly I might add" Alexander watched as agent Smith wrote down his statement before cautiously turning to M.
"I wonder if you could help me...I am having a bit of a dilema with a design of mine..." snatching a scrap of paper and a pencil from the desk Alexander quickly sketched out the device currently lying on his workshop bench, it was a small clockwork pump and to the trained eye not too disimilar to the human heart "I have the basic mechanics for the idea worked out but I seemed to lack sufficient power to keep it running on a long term basis...Do you have any sugestions?"

DeletedUser

The boy wasn't talking, nor was he moving as he sat curled up in the fetal position. He was still breathing and his inactivity was unexplainabled. Jean dragged him onto a wooden doorstep where he wouldn't drown and walked off, after all he could make the boy apologize later. He had a feeling this wouldn't be the last time they'd meet. He walked back into the saloon and picked the rosaries off the table. The other gamblers had packed up and left. He looked towards the bar where he saw a large collection of characters of different sizes and appearences. He thought back to the Chupacabra he'd seen. The poor sinners.

"This is a bad place for a padre to be in." He heard the hammer of a pistol, a small caliber he thought, being pulled back. "What were you thinking, beat'n up me and my pals back there. I thought padres were s'pose to be men of peace. Oh well, you will be at peace soon." Jean's mind raced, he wasn't sure of the man's exact position behind him and he certainly couldn't outrun a bullet, what was he to-

The glass in a window behind and close to Jean shattered, he heard the man behind him turn. "What the-" He heard a growl and the he heard a gun go off as he turned he saw the man who had been threatening to kill him getting tackled to the floor by a massive hairy beast. Its eyes were furious and to Jean it was clear it was Satan's own spawn as it ripped the man apart. Jean ran for the bar and dived behind the counter before many of those present were even aware what was happening. A few shots finally went off aimed at the creature which shrugged them off as it continued eviscerating and consuming its victim. As the place descended into chaos Jean heard someone shout, "Wendingo!" He reached for his gun, then he paused and brought out his cross. More shots were fired at the beast when Jean brought the cross above the counter. "Begone ye foul beast, ye spawn of Satan. You belong in no place not even this place of sin!" The creature rose looking quite dazed, it seemed sluggish, but it turned to face the cross Jean was upholding with his hand. It roared, and moved towards Jean, though slower than when it charged through the window. Jean saw that this villanous spawn of Satan could not be stopped here and he retreated from behind the bar and into a large group of the saloon's patrons as it took a swipe at his old position. The counter was ripped to shreds...