The Tiran Wars: Southern Reaches

DeletedUser

Markef turned around to see the wounded Elf desperately crawling towards the stream, mumbling something about cayen. Markef knew what cayen was, and frantically searched his pockets for some, but to no avail. However, he did have some dried leaves of a plant his father called "kel". As the Elf slipped into unconsciousness, Markef crushed one of the brittle dried leaves in his hand, and placed the broken pieces into the Elf's mouth. Grasping his canteen, he poured some water into the Elf's mouth, hoping that he would instinctively swallow. The Elf coughed on it, but eventually calmed down. "Kel leaves", he said to nobody in particular. "They won't cure him, but they'll keep him from croaking on us, at least for now".

DeletedUser25825

Kyolja waited for her companions to answer F'nor's request to join together. Then she turned her head toward the voice of Markef as he boasted of winning the war. He spoke of them joining as well, and she idly wondered what his true agenda was. He then advised somebody not to fear him, and she was slightly taken aback when she realized he was addressing her and tore her from her thoughts. She opened her mouth to say something contrary to his observation, but Faenor's regaining consciousness stopped her words.

She turned her head in his direction, and listened to him call out apparent names and for healing herbs she was familiar with, but which she did not possess. Markef managed some manner of remedy to add to her confusion over his intentions. She knew evil very well, and there was something verily off about the man. She decided to dwell on it later. For now, the question was whether to join this group, or part ways while her agenda would not be compromised by the ethics and morals of strangers. She waited for her companions responses.

DeletedUser13682

Just as Cassius was about to treat the elf, another group came. Wary, he put his hand to his sword hilt, ready for action. Of course, they were just there to help. One of them intorduced himself as Markef, the other F'nor. "Companion Syntar 4th Guards Horse Company. Ambush, not war. Though technically I am in a state of war with the Southlands." He looked down at the healing process, wary of the word the woman used to describe one of the men, corruption. He had already fouled up once in fighting evil, it wasn't evil, and now he was indebted to the mistaken evil. Now, he had to make sure that this was evil, and that it was destroyed. Maybe the evil he was sent to find.

His mind went back to the present, with the comment about describing the attack. "I know they aren't royal men, or soldiers employed in the military, the quality and matarials of the arrows aren't right. I don't know about Southlandern, maybe. I think its more likely they were rebel groups, humans or elves." Cassius shook his head. "Doesn't matter. Anyway, what will cure the elf? I'd hate for him to die on us. Maybe you could lead us to the cure if we don't have it on our persons."