Resolved The Shopping Pass Mystery

DeletedUser

Greetings!

After searching around a bit and getting no where... I thought I would break down and ask a question.

Do these mysterious shopping passes exist?

(if so)How do they work?

(if not) What are these shopping passes that I see advertised in the town messages??

Thanks for your time!

DeletedUser

Shopping pass is short for: I will invite you in my town so you can buy stuff from my stores as along as you deposit a certain amount of cash in my town treasury.
They do exist (even though they are a bit rare) and they work like this: I invite someone in town who tells me "I want to buy this and that from your store, please send me an invite", but hope he will respect my request and put the amount of money I asked for in my town treasury. There is no guarantee that the shopper will deposit any money. If he doesn't, then I will make sure some hired guns will steal some money from him. :)

Slygoxx

There is no actual pass ingame. Most of the time people advertising these passes are talking about a donation in the town's treasury if they invite you to that particular town to come and shop. When you are a member of a town you will be able to buy items for 1/4th of their price as when you would not have been a member of that town.

DeletedUser25632

Am I able to do this as the only member of my own town?

If you wanted to charge players to buy items from your shops, yes.. if you want to go to other shops to buy gear and you're the only player, your town will become a ghost town. Best option here is to use the Market that has been created & ask someone to put the items that you want up for sale.

DeletedUser25847

If you wanted to charge players to buy items from your shops, yes.. if you want to go to other shops to buy gear and you're the only player, your town will become a ghost town. Best option here is to use the Market that has been created & ask someone to put the items that you want up for sale.

Thanks.

DeletedUser

is this the same as hotel stays, if people stay at my hotel, is it just good will that they pay any money or is there a automatic charge for staying ?

DeletedUser22685

You or your town will not receive any money when players sleep in your town's hotel. The hotel fee is simply taken into the game.