Passed The Sheriff's Set

Would you like to see this idea implemented into the game?

• Yes

Votes: 147 93.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I don't know if ever this has been suggested before, but I think we need perhaps a new set of clothes, make it the sheriff's outfit. However I think the game already has most of what's needed in the sheriff's set just by looking at Fitzburn on the saloon, the only missing element (forget the pants) would be sheriff's badge, that looks like a star. That would be a very symbolic Old West object that is still missing in the game.

The set should give some unique bonuses, particularly on appearance, tactics and leadership, plus added bonuses for jobs like chasing bandits, transporting prisoners and prison guard. The set should also give other unique bonuses, not available on other sets.

The sheriff's badge can be found on a high luck job like the walking stick or some quest, except it is a neckband.

Items
Gray Stetson
+1 Strength
+1 Dexterity
+13 Health points
+14 Fine motor skills
Sheriff's Badge
+6 Leadership
Black Waistcoat
+1 Dexterity
+7 Reflex
+9 Shooting
+8 Leadership
Black Spiked Shoes
+1 Dexterity
+1 Charisma
+9 Shooting
+10 Animal instinct
Handcuffs

Bonuses
2 items
+1 Charisma
+5 Leadership
+25 LP on Prison Guard
+25 LP on Chasing Bandits
+15 LP on Guarding the Stage
+15 LP on Bounty Hunter
3 items
+2 Charisma
+10 Leadership
+5 Animal Instinct
+5 Trading
+35 LP on Prison Guard
+35 LP on Chasing Bandits
+30 LP on Guarding the Stage
+30 LP on Bounty Hunter
+25 LP on Transporting prisoners
4 items
+4 Charisma
+15 Leadership
+10 Animal Instinct
+10 Trading
+5 Tactics
+50 LP on Prison Guard
+50 LP on Chasing Bandits
+45 LP on Guarding the Stage
+45 LP on Bounty Hunter
+45 LP on Transporting prisoners
5 items
+8 Charisma
+15 Leadership
+15 Animal Instinct
+15 Trading
+10 Tactics
+10 Appearance
+65 LP on Prison Guard
+65 LP on Chasing Bandits
+65 LP on Guarding the Stage
+65 LP on Bounty Hunter
+65 LP on Transporting prisoners

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15747

Hmm I like it! This set is perfect for those doing the transporting prisoners quest line.
It requires alot of jobs which are included in this set. I definitely like your idea. If we were to vote, Yes from me ;D

DeletedUser

I like it. Not sure about the bounty hunter bonus though, sheriffs weren't head hunters.

DeletedUser5597

Except the trading and animal instinct I agree with the set. Sheriff is not cowboy or animal hunter either he isn't allowed to trade. Shooting and vigor sounds better. And too many bonuses for a set so cheap and easy to get.

DeletedUser

It's a great idea for an item set and should be put into the game. Can't wait to vote on it :laugh:

DeletedUser

love it. lets see when it gets in the game. i will be the first one to get it.:)

DeletedUser

It's a great idea for an item set and should be put into the game. Can't wait to vote on it :laugh:

It would be a welcomed set.

But remember too in the west there were Range Wars too, Sheriffs helped with the protection of landowners - though, some were paid off, so that the big land owners could get even bigger spreads. There were many towns that were burnt or ghosted because of these range wars.

DeletedUser

I checked the thread from the beginning and like it then.

So yes please :)

DeletedUser

yep a new set would be a nice little booster to the sets we already got count me in cool

DeletedUser21816

I like, one question though; Why the Gray stetson, why not the Black stetson? Make it an all black suit.

Black Stetson
+2 Dexterity
+13 Health points
+13 Fine motor skills
+12 Leadership

Gray Stetson
+1 Strength
+1 Dexterity
+13 Health points
+14 Fine motor skills

DeletedUser

It was chosen because the sheriff in the ingame saloon also wears the grey stetson... :)

DeletedUser

The more sets the better. But the current suggestion needs some tweaking.

An additional idea to be added: when the sheriff is equipped with the whiskey item, higher tactics (+25) (and lower appearance +5) and when he is equipped with handcuffs item then higher appearance (+25) (and lower tactics +5). When have you seen the sheriff without his whiskey?

My other suggestion is tweaking the lp bonus for jobs. Take transporting prisoners for instance, the sheriff's clothes alone only give you 10 lp bonus. With the full kit you receive a meager 105 lp. The job has a difficulty of 437. 437-105 = 332. Unfortunately, the Indian set offers near the same bonus as Sheriff's. The holy talisman, fancy coat, moccasins, mustang, and fancy leather hat provide lp bonus of 136. There's no point to wear the sheriff's set when trying to do the transporting prisoners job as is. If +65 bonus were increased to +120 or +130, say, then it makes sense to wear the sheriff's set. The same consideration is needed for the other jobs also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.