The Shadow Empire = fake

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser5238

you wont normally see me posting threads on this forum but after numerous conversations with people in game it has become clear to me that some kind of action has to be taken

i would just like to announce to the world at large that The Shadow Empire is in no way connected to my own town, they are a cheap imitation of the name that is a feature of so many other worlds and are not to be mistaken for true Shadow towns

their leader Carolann has even had the audacity to include my towns name on her town profile as being part of their mickey mouse alliance...... THIS IS NOT TRUE, my mail to her requesting the immediate removal of our name from their town profile has yet to be opened and read (that alone tells me the kind of people we are dealing with) which has lead to me calling them out in public

in short

The Shadow Empire is in no way connected to The Shadow City and never will be

to any members of the so called Shadow Empire that may be reading this......... the real Shadow will be making itself well known to you soon enough

DeletedUser

Shadow are an alliance on practically every world, if not every. They are the true Shadow.

DeletedUser5238

Shadow are an alliance on practically every world, if not every. They are the true Shadow.

yes and no

YES The Shadow has a presence on nearly every world

NO The Shadow Empire on this world is not the true shadow (and on a couple of other worlds) Carolann has stolen the name and is in no way connected to the true Shadow, if you think they are then you obviously dont know anything about us

DeletedUser

what if she is from a shadow town but on a different world other than yours?

OMG other worlds exist but your own?! NO WAY!

DeletedUser

Um... Do we care who is "genuine" and who isn't? I believe we don't.
Besides there are no copyrights and trademarks in the game, so ppl please cool down.

Each world to it's own. If someone wants to use another name on this world or another nick or doesn't want to be a part of an alliance here, why not.

DeletedUser16008

I'll chip in here,

The Shadow Brotherhood ie city HAS to be considered THE original as it simply IS, W1 pedigree, top dueling town, legendary. Later to become TSB as a group.

Its also true that Shadow Empire IS on many other worlds although NOT on one already having TSC established as a power but they do co exist on w10, and to my knowledge w9 both groups are indeed there but Empire does not carry the shadow name having arrived long after TSC became established. Now that I call respect.

Now it seems to me youve got a sitiuation here as both shadow at the beginning of the world. It was similar on w10 to start I recall but TSC did not get off the ground for a long time and CA,s group did end of problem TSC joined my alliance and there has been no confusion that im aware of between the two names

I can tell you that if CA has not replied she is away in RL stevie. I have found her to be certainly very active and cordial in communication and also a realist in game. Im both at war with them and allied on different worlds its no biggie.

Both have the Name SHADOW and BOTH have established it as a well known group. However I dont know many people that confuse the two but that will maybe depend on when someone started playing the game I expect.

Id chill and wait for her to reply and im sure youll both work something out. Washing it here will only encourage chest beating and opens only one line of action after temperatures rise.

Personally I blame Realm :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Victor, you're forgetting that there are so many new players on Arizona who never heard of some "shadow" on w1 and honestly why should they even bother with it's existance on other worlds.
w1 is w1. This is Arizona.

DeletedUser16008

Um... Do we care who is "genuine" and who isn't? I believe we don't.
Besides there are no copyrights and trademarks in the game, so ppl please cool down.

Each world to it's own. If someone wants to use another name on this world or another nick or doesn't want to be a part of an alliance here, why not.

Well thats because your new and have no idea of the background of either group.

Im gonna answer that from my own perspective as a leader not just a town member. You create a town, you love it you name it........... you work hard with it, you spend time you nurture the members and do all the stuff they cant be bothered to, you help members you become a family.... You begin to get a reputation, you grow and you get better .... all the time this is taking effort... you become established as one of the better known names, you also maybe pioneer certain game styles, ideas brainfarts etc finally the name becomes well known even on worlds your not on..

Yea id say that qualify's as a copyright/trademark as far as the game goes.

A new world opens and all of a sudden theres your tag sitting there and from your perspective theres been just a total rip off and use of all the hard work and rep of the original and you know they will be rubbish and your reputation will be dragged with it..... Yes its happened to me on w11 in the beginning and ive found it on other worlds since. I can certainly understand how stevie feels.

DeletedUser

Im locking this for this simple fact, "Shadow" or any similarities is not your name, never has been and never will be, you cannot own or control the names.

Status
Not open for further replies.