Feedback The Secret Project - Discussion

Victor Kruger

See to be honest, right? The speed world thing to test new jobs is still better Beta Testing than the public beta had.

Perhaps it will give lots of feedback on not just making the new jobs exactly the same as the old ones but more difficult.
Fair play event team.

Yer i suspected its more about that...

Thank you Goob :up:

BlindBandit

How do we share the inventory for the selling value category? Is the money on you added to that as well or just the items in inventory?

L00nat33k

Will we ever get a event server, where winner won't be the one, that can spam most 15s jobs over period of time? Can we ever get event server that we can play at casual rate, as we play normal servers, and still have chance on winning prizes?! You won't belive it, but some of us have job and life and can't take 14 day break to spam jobs in server that'll soon have 20 people involved, ff's will be ultra fun and i'm sure best players will win, not the ones with most time and masochistic ignorance.

If you chose speed server, run it over weekend or something like that, where most can participate, else figure out what to do, time won't be most decisive element in event!

Darkuletzz

People getting form the 1st reveree, and others and myself included getting 3 times same old waren ****... here people will win just because luck, not because other things, people getting 30 million by now, and i can not make more than 1.8KK in 4h because i receive just waren.
This event its not winning because you know how to play, its about luck, check last 2 events, people that are now number 1-10(majority of them) were quiting last time because we beat the crap out of them.

Ektoras BOTrini

People getting form the 1st reveree, and others and myself included getting 3 times same old waren ****... here people will win just because luck, not because other things, people getting 30 million by now, and i can not make more than 1.8KK in 4h because i receive just waren.
This event its not winning because you know how to play, its about luck, check last 2 events, people that are now number 1-10(majority of them) were quiting last time because we beat the crap out of them.
isntead of crying that you didnt get revere 1st try after spending over 7M maybe if you farmed a bit more you could buy gringo and make your money back in some hours but it seems you are a small minded noob

L00nat33k

isntead of crying that you didnt get revere 1st try after spending over 7M maybe if you farmed a bit more you could buy gringo and make your money back in some hours but it seems you are a small minded noob
Or he could not play in te 1st place! Fact is it's luck based event because of Revere set, because this so called "event managers" can't fore think such thing. I'm sure 95% of people playing this game knew what to do 1st when they've read rules and how server will run ... get Revere, than game becomes much easier and if you didn't get Revere in 2nd try it's just waste of time playing on, because you'll be too much behind! So it's purely luck based and i was saying this on last christmass event, they need to put sets on sales, not chests, because luck plays too much rule, but like they don't care or listen to anyone, they do same thing this year, and on top of that they unbalance it even more this year, by putting all chests on sale from start, last year it was at least new year every next day, so you didn't get behind as much!

Anyway, those 10-20 that got Revere in 1st try, have fun playing fort fights in next days, alone ... will be as boring event as duel even was, purely because noob event mods can't produce decent server that'd bring alot of people on and keep them on until end of server!

Clever Hans

Yes, it’s now official, DotD will start tomorrow and Montana will miss out on the first day; I believe when the world opening date was chosen it was expected DotD would start later.
Indeed, unfortunate and Im not pointing fingers to blame anyone specifically but this should have been better planned when new world was announced.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Indeed, unfortunate and Im not pointing fingers to blame anyone specifically but this should have been better planned when new world was announced.
I'm hopeful we'll be able to offer players on Montana some bonus flowers to make up for it (Particularly so not as many players miss out on getting La China which would upset the FF balance) but I really have no sense as to whether that will be possible.

panos-the-best

Hello. Now that the event is finished I would like to leave my feedback. I know it was a "test" speedserver, you didnt have much time to plan it and think of it and feedback is actually the only thing matters.

1) About new content:
New jobs need to be improved

It is meant that the new jobs would actually help to level up faster after level 150 (in normal servers).They are totally useless in that area. Yes, they give better money and item drop and better exp than middle jobs but the difference is very little in contrary with their difficulty. Nobody will use them to level up. Of course it has been said again in other topics, I just confirmed it after 14 days trial in the speed event.

2) About how new level cap effects speedservers: You have to choose categories wiser.

Generally, it looks like it does not affect it much. But the team has to be very careful about the prizes. Team must understand that some prizes are meant to encourage how good you are on pvp and some others how good you are in pve and separate it. I said Lily during the event, that you can't have as a duel category the highest hit/damage. You can win the category with only 1 duel!!! Is it pvp? Just level up, make money to upgrade your stuff and find 1 target. And your are winning the category. And becuase the level is not capped to 150, people keep leveling up until last day for 1 and only duel to win whole category.

The same applies for other categories, like the highest item drop. You level up all you can, and in the final day distribute well your skills and do archeologist for 1-2 hours and win the category. But the difference hear is that this category is already a PVE one.

Anyway, it is different to have level 150 cap or 250 cap. The advantage in PVE categories for autoclickers is bigger because now after reaching lvl 150 you dont only farm for money, but for exp also. That's why in this speed event there were too many bans and too many autoclickers. In the last events you had taken away the EXP category for that reason if I remember well, but actually now with the categories you introduced you just only encouraged it.

3) Never ever again do the #1,3,5 thing

Personally I never understood why you did that. During the event in the saloon somebody said in order to make it more interesting. But was it fair also? I will give 2 examples.
1) Is it fair for the person in 2nd place of FFing to get nothing, and me as 5th win? What he should do? Stop going to battles?

2)Is it ever possible, somebody that knows that he is 2nd, to give his (legit) report in duelling? I know, I was 3rd in the highest damage category. It was in the morticians, even in the profile of the 2nd guy. However I saw that I saw not in the prizes. Obviously the guy in second place didnt send his report or sent a lower one. He had nothing to lose. How is that fair to me or other people in other categories.
Yes in higher drop or inventory you cannot check what has happened, but in duelling you can just check the mortician! Beware now, because of the unfairness that the 2nd person in that category doesnt win a reward, as a result the 3rd also won nothing without his fault!! What should I do? Be indecent and send a lower damaged report? Would it be fair? Would you event moderators like that? I dont think so. Was it meant to implement game theory? Nah ...

Anyway I know it was the first time that event moderators tried something like that, I hope it is the last, I know they just didnt have time to think all the aspects and possible "fraud" paths. Sorry if I said a bit too much for duelling comparing to other categories, this is the one I mostly compete and I know some things, I would like to hear thoughts for other categories also.

Thanks mods for the event, I hope my feedback is useful.

Ektoras BOTrini

I agree with @panos-the-best..

New jobs give indeed more XP but they are not helpful to reach the new level cap for the next 5 years at least. I suggested it before it even came live and I will do it again. Increase all jobs XP by 25-50% , players that are 150+ have 25% more XP , it is possible in speed servers it should be possible in a normal server too.
If the event team didn't increase the XP no one would cap at 250 and lets be honest you can cap 250 with an autoclicker very easily , I hardly doubt it that top2 didn't use an autoclicker , its either a very rare occasion that a player ( in real life ) has literally nothing else to do with his life that he spents over 14 hours of clicking DAILY, OR the obvious , uses an autoclicker. I'm not going to judge the team's results though so whatever is whatever.

An idea for the developers , have the game read the mouse movements because right now it does not , hence you have so many autoclickers.

About the 1-3-5 I agree as well , I came 1st in most damage in FF by 5k damage more than the 2nd one , that is unfair that he didn't get any prize and it went imediately on 3rd then 5th ( sure it's something different and I hope a one time thing , pls dont do it again )

Last edited:

zvrndo

It was fun while it last, but i must point out things i didn't like.
1. LUCK!
For this kind of events, i would like to see EQUAL CHANCES for every player, but sadly that wasn't the case since we had to deal with chests and pray to INNO gods to get the set we want. Players who indeed had better luck and get desired sets earlier, leveled faster and earned more money then unlucky ones. Gap created by share luck between lucky and unlucky become too big to catch up. We should have an opportunity to buy a single chest from all events. That would create EQUAL CHANCES for all.
2. CLASSES!
This is obvious. For a event like this one classes brings unfair advantages. Mainly workers exp bonuses and duelers FF bonuses, but other bonuses may apply as well. All players should remain greenhorn, and then we would had EQUAL CHANCES for all.
3. CRAFTS!
Polishing stones, Jams, Stewed beans,Hilts, Hushpuppies, Gentlman dinners etc. gave unfair advantage for those who could craft them. Also there were a quest(s) with 5% exp potion as a reward that could only be finished with sleeping bag. No crafting if we want to create EQUAL CHANCES for all.

My 2 cents...

asdf124

It was fun while it last, but i must point out things i didn't like.
1. LUCK!
For this kind of events, i would like to see EQUAL CHANCES for every player, but sadly that wasn't the case since we had to deal with chests and pray to INNO gods to get the set we want. Players who indeed had better luck and get desired sets earlier, leveled faster and earned more money then unlucky ones. Gap created by share luck between lucky and unlucky become too big to catch up. We should have an opportunity to buy a single chest from all events. That would create EQUAL CHANCES for all.

My 2 cents...
hmm So buying a vaquero/cowgirl/possible christmas set of 2019 was never an option for you. Which was 400k ingame dollars cheaper.

You gambled, someone else gambled, the chances were about 1/5'th chances(20-30%) to get paul revere.

That means for every 10000 players, only 2000 would get revere. Or each 10 tries, their is a chance only 2 were revere, So instead of not trying your luck by buying vaquero/cowgirl, you decided to take a chance, rather than bit the nail and go for vaq/cowgirl, you might have tried multiple times.

The chances were all in percentages, why didn't you take your chance with vaq/cowgirl? You'd have a higher level versus the people who actually gambled, whether they won their gamble or not. And by the time they get enough for gringo, they'd be long in an experience disadvantage.

What I hate about these events are, they are an insane time intensive events. Where the person who has the most time wins, it is completely unhealthy, and should not be endorsed.
3. CRAFTS!
Polishing stones, Jams, Stewed beans,Hilts, Hushpuppies, Gentlman dinners etc. gave unfair advantage for those who could craft them. Also there were a quest(s) with 5% exp potion as a reward that could only be finished with sleeping bag. No crafting if we want to create EQUAL CHANCES for all.

My 2 cents...

Market would have solved your issue, but the problem is how much people would abuse it is just insane. So it was simply removed.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
FWIW:
In regards to 1/3/5 the expectation was where people were submitting reports and knew the rankings they would submit lesser reports and in the end who won third or fifth would be kind of random