Add-on The Saloon Bar - Older versions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

i never could seem to get this one to work >>> i kno about scripts and the such .

I could install it but it would never work with my characters, even with the help of an I.T. friend trying

DeletedUser

Bugs

Have been noticing a major bug in the sidebar. On worlds that I have Kudram's parasol in inventory, the bar calculates that I can do quite a few jobs that I really can't do and it always adds the parasol as an item to equip. For other jobs that I can do, it equips the parasol even though it has absolutely nothing in common with the job. Often, the entire set is equipped and again, it would definitely be the wrong equipment. When I compare with the West Insider, the Insider gives me the right equipment. Just a note :)

DeletedUser

The inquiry I had concerning take-over of the development of the sidebar didn't bear fruit, it seems.

So, unfortunately, any bugs (major or minor) are unlikely to be resolved. If this means that the Saloon Bar is now useless to you then I guess you'll have to use alternatives (such as The West Insider).

Apologies if that's inconvenient.

DeletedUser

Have been noticing a major bug in the sidebar. On worlds that I have Kudram's parasol in inventory, the bar calculates that I can do quite a few jobs that I really can't do and it always adds the parasol as an item to equip. For other jobs that I can do, it equips the parasol even though it has absolutely nothing in common with the job. Often, the entire set is equipped and again, it would definitely be the wrong equipment. When I compare with the West Insider, the Insider gives me the right equipment. Just a note :)

Same here, also weststats calculates jobs correct with real LP...

:rolleyes:

DeletedUser

The inquiry I had concerning take-over of the development of the sidebar didn't bear fruit, it seems.

So, unfortunately, any bugs (major or minor) are unlikely to be resolved. If this means that the Saloon Bar is now useless to you then I guess you'll have to use alternatives (such as The West Insider).

Apologies if that's inconvenient.

Do you mind if I correct this malfunction & take over future development?

;)

DeletedUser

Knock yourself out.

You will need to create a developer account on the Mozilla Add-ons site. If you then let me know the email address used for that account, I can then add you as an author for the Saloon Bar. This, in turn, will allow you to add new versions.

Obviously, you will also need to know how to develop Mozilla Add-ons. If you don't currently know then there are plenty of tutorials available online and the Mozilla Developer Center isn't a bad place to start.

I would suggest that you make some changes to the Saloon Bar and then provide me with the updated version (contact details are in my profile). I can then check that you know what you're doing and add you as an author.

Sorry if that sounds like I'm making you jump through hoops but I'm conscious that any updates to the add-on will, potentially, affect a lot of people (8,399 active users at present). I feel some responsibility for making sure that I don't pass on the development role to someone who's going to break it for all those good folks out there.

With that said, thanks for offering and I hope to add you as an author in the not-too-distant future.

DeletedUser

I've added latest sets & corrected the number of labor points needed for a jobs.

New version is posted here:

Firefox Addons Saloon Bar 3.6

I've also added you in Saloon Bar Collection as a contributor.

Sincerly

Belle

DeletedUser

do you add golden sabre , golden colt , golden gun skills and set bonus ?
as i dont see golden gun , ... in any selected job !

DeletedUser

Wow. I didn't realise that you could just add an update and change the original owner to a contributor. That's interesting.

Anyhow, congratulations, you are now the proud owner of a Mozilla add-on. Have fun with it.

DeletedUser

ANyone get this to work on FF Linux?

All installing it does for me is open up the install add-ons screen, nothing more.

Deleted User - 1278415

Just installed it and it works for me on Windows 7 FF.

Just to note I've heard rumors of 1.30 having pants... so it will be nice to know this awesome tool is back under control.

Bevoir... I've been using your tool.. inaccuracy and all for a long time.

Great concept. Your set gives better options than west insider did for a couple of jobs. There site would be more focused on using a set than to use a better piece of clothing.

glad Belle fixed the 1 point difference issue.... the paperdoll will have to be modified somehow tho in the next version.

DeletedUser

Wow. I didn't realise that you could just add an update and change the original owner to a contributor. That's interesting.

Anyhow, congratulations, you are now the proud owner of a Mozilla add-on. Have fun with it.

Thank you my friend... I'll try to keep it updated... ;)

New version realeased today...

Added a few more corrections... I've also added basic support for fort battles... You can choose Fort Attack or Fort Defence clothes... It calculates sets from basic skils needed for fort battles... Probably more advanced users would like to choose from different clothes, but it serves it's purpose for quick calculations...

New version at the same link:

Firefox Addons Saloon Bar 3.7

Sincerly

Belle

DeletedUser

1. Log in to The West
  2. Open your Inventory screen
  3. Click the Update Details button in The Saloon Bar
  4. Wait a little
  5. Wait some more

I don't see anything like "Update Details button in The Saloon Bar"...

Help.

DeletedUser

I don't see anything like "Update Details button in The Saloon Bar"...

Help.

Did you showed up your sallon bar...? View => Sidebar => Saloon Bar

Displaying The Saloon Bar

To open The Saloon Bar, select the View menu, followed by Sidebar. This will provide an option which will allow you to toggle The Saloon Bar display. Alternatively, press Shift+Ctrl+S while in Firefox to toggle the sidebar.

Where you find update button, look into attachment image...

Attachments

• update details.jpg
    update details.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Fab, thanks, got it working, now I just want a Chrome version ;)

Keep up the good work.

BTW, I'm a Linux user, if you need a guinea pig for Linux installs drop me a line.

DeletedUser

golden colt , golden saber , golden gun and set bonus not in calculator :(

Deleted User - 1278415

ok here is a new request...not a biggie.. we now have 2 fort weapons that have bonuses.

Golden Gun (Rifle)
Death Scythe +1 to all stats

granted not everyone is going to have the golden gun.... most will have the scythe... but it would be nice to know if you can do a job with just the scythe on or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.