The Plan - Weekly draw rules and discussion

DeletedUser19518

Happy New Year! Still waiting to be announced Weekly Draw #58.

DeletedUser34767

Well, the last announcement said weekly draw #58 will run from December 30 - January 5, so we will probably hear something as soon as everyone is back from the holidays.

I wonder if anyone has sent in their entries already, even without knowing the prizes. It would not surprise me if they did. :)

Announcement is up now. Draw #58 is now the 13th of January.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30224

Dear lottery entrants,

With the introductions of many new items, we find it a little bit harder to judge what sort of gear you would most likely want to see in the weekly draws. On top of that, there are some items quite powerful but only available at very high levels. It comes as no surprise, we hope, that we need your help in choosing what items to offer.

So if you would be so kind and share with us your desires, we will try to make it happen. There are some rules that each weekly draw must follow and they are as follows:
  • Only one item from the following per week (InnoGames belt, Howdah's pistol, Golden Tomahawk)
  • No items from our event "tombolas" can be offered.
  • Keep the list strictly to items that cannot be bought from town stores or items that are not part of a quest reward or any type of achievement reward.
  • Each category roughly translates to these values: Elite: items worth more than $30,000, Pro: items worth more than $20,000 and General: items worth more than $10,000. Please notice the accent is given to the word "roughly".
  • Any non-event set containing chests are also valid, including bond letters.

If you have anything to contribute, please include only items that you would like to win and if possible limit yourselves to no more than 20 items per list. If you have further items to add to your unfinished list, we would like to ask you to edit your previous post instead of creating a new one.

DeletedUser35968

I like to win some winter set items before the winter is gone.

DeletedUser34767

I would suggest only including items that can be used by mid level players in the $5,000 entry cost group. For instance, this week that level contains:

Crazy Horse's Indian Clothing - Level 55
John Day's Trapper Hat - Level 65
Bill Pickett's Fringed Scarf - Level 120

The first two are good options for the mid level player, but the level 120 fringed scarf is a bit high level. I know some will argue that they can just sell the item, but I think some of the fun of the draw is the hope you might get something fun. If there are not many items a player can use, they might not play at all.

DeletedUser

problem is that many items offered can simply be found on jobs, a walkara tooth chain or crazy horse clothing or a john day's trapper hat or a john jacob astor shoes on old worlds is maybe worth 200k and somewhat rare, on newer worlds for 20-80k you can buy such items on the market, so its not really worth the investment of the lottery.

I like the idea of items worth 30-20-10k+ i think that will be very good, not to forget that most demand will not be for a buffalo bill leg guards or cochise anymore, since those are quite common on most worlds, but for those new shinies and that shinies that got introduced with the new hat, boot, tie and clothing, and the level 100+ stuff

lastly to be honest having any level 140+ stuff in lottery seems pointless seeing maybe 10 people can use it on all worlds combined. 15-10-5k is for a level <75 a substantial amount, so i truly doubt you will see many of them playing, meaning its not a bad thing msot items are higher level

in the worst case you add a low level lottery thats cheaper to enter and has a max level requirement

DeletedUser30224

Thanks for the feedback. I am trying not to put very high lvl items nor items in the new possible luck range that you can get from jobs. Therefore the increase in value of 10k+ even for General category. Like Zeta said, not many people would be interested in items you can find during a job. We have the liberty of offering secret items, not so much event items, bonds, chests, you name it, but the lottery must be cost effective as well to some point. The past few weeks the number of entrants was quite low and I am trying to spice the things up but don't really know how yet ..

DeletedUser

Thanks for the feedback. I am trying not to put very high lvl items nor items in the new possible luck range that you can get from jobs. Therefore the increase in value of 10k+ even for General category. Like Zeta said, not many people would be interested in items you can find during a job. We have the liberty of offering secret items, not so much event items, bonds, chests, you name it, but the lottery must be cost effective as well to some point. The past few weeks the number of entrants was quite low and I am trying to spice the things up but don't really know how yet ..

we had a draw ages ago, where there were 9 or 15 prices all from the extremely rare category like an army revolver 1890, pink tutu etc, the extreme collectibles i believe it received like 2000 entries, might be nice to have such a draw again

DeletedUser

Dear lottery entrants,

With the introductions of many new items, we find it a little bit harder to judge what sort of gear you would most likely want to see in the weekly draws. On top of that, there are some items quite powerful but only available at very high levels. It comes as no surprise, we hope, that we need your help in choosing what items to offer.

So if you would be so kind and share with us your desires, we will try to make it happen. There are some rules that each weekly draw must follow and they are as follows:
  • Only one item from the following per week (InnoGames belt, Howdah's pistol, Golden Tomahawk)
    [*]No items from our event "tombolas" can be offered.
  • Keep the list strictly to items that cannot be bought from town stores or items that are not part of a quest reward or any type of achievement reward.
  • Each category roughly translates to these values: Elite: items worth more than $30,000, Pro: items worth more than $20,000 and General: items worth more than $10,000. Please notice the accent is given to the word "roughly".
  • Any non-event set containing chests are also valid, including bond letters.

If you have anything to contribute, please include only items that you would like to win and if possible limit yourselves to no more than 20 items per list. If you have further items to add to your unfinished list, we would like to ask you to edit your previous post instead of creating a new one.

[*]No items from our event "tombolas" can be offered.

Hum?

DeletedUser8627

That means that items that were available through tombolas last year are still not available as prizes. Eventhough we there are quite a bit of them in the worlds after the last Xmas event, these are items we will not be using them for the lotto.

DeletedUser35120

That means that items that were available through tombolas last year are still not available as prizes. Eventhough we there are quite a bit of them in the worlds after the last Xmas event, these are items we will not be using them for the lotto.

Yea, but...we see the natty rifle in the prizes section for this week's lotto. :unsure:

DeletedUser30224

That Natty's rifle has been donated by a kind player. The rules remain the same in that regard even if an exception has been made this week. In the past we had Document Of Independence that was donated as well, this is just the same.

DeletedUser35120

Wow, that's really appreciable, indeed very kind from the player who donated it. :)

And thanks for clearing out my confusions!

DeletedUser

Great, thanks for fast answers!

I was a bit afraid that this would become similar to the swedish scenario, where the Team first said that event items would never be prizes, and then, shortly after the last event, BAM, Elfego Baca's axe was the best prize.

DeletedUser8627

This is the only exception to the rule, I should have mentioned it earlier when I posted.

Players leaving often contact us donating certain items, especially those who have participated in the lottery quite a bit.

DeletedUser29481

How about special items like the Rocketin' Turtle, Gatling, Geronimo's Shotgun, Sniper Rifle, etc. for a few Elite Prizes? 'Just a thought...

By the way, is there an easy way to find out what week we are in, or does it go by Julian Date/week (starting January 1st)?

DeletedUser22685

The Sniper rifle is a pretty common prize, but the others are all dev items and won't be introduced to the live game.

The week numbers are not based off the calendar, but you can see which week we're currently in by checking the title of this thread.