The new No Pushing rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Derek -

Are you doing this:
§4) Push duels

It is forbidden to duel players with the intended result of pushing the player with experience or money.

No. You aren't.

DeletedUser

I know in the post it said what happened in the past was in the past and this rule is from this point forth.

A few months back I was searching from town to town for someone to duel when I came across a player completely naked and significantly higher than me in both exp and duelling level and if I won the duel I stood to gain around 200 exp, needless to say for the next few days I milked this for everything it was worth until it was no longer beneficial to do so as eventually the exp offered went down to about 125.

So in this case nothing was pre-arranged, no cheating as far as I understood it, just dumb luck I stumbled upon this naked guy who I had presumed quit the game and left his character naked.

If this happened again and I found another naked character, would I be able to legally attack them for exp gain or would it be considered cheating? Bearing in mind nothing would be pre-arranged.

You and many others are making something out of nothing here. Read the rule through, not other people's interpretation of it.

DeletedUser

But how will admins find the cheaters in all the duels provoked every day ?

DeletedUser

That is their problem, not ours. We just have to obey the rules (and flag suspicious activity up to them, if appropriate). We don't need to know how they find out. Just believe that they will ;)

DeletedUser

I ask because it is a question everybody ask in the French forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

They will know about it when they get reports from us the other players.
I had the situation in my world some time back. Two very high ranked friends joined to different cities an duelled each other with fist and rock all night long. They gained tremondously in ranking, which is hard to do on high levels. I reported it and got the reply that it was ok because they were two different people.
Eventually the situation was dealt with. With this new rule the admins, and we too, have a rule to refer to when this happens. This is the same as with dubble accounts and such things. There will always be people with low levels who get away with it. And there is maybe not so great harm in it.
But it's hard to get away with dubble accounts when you are ranked high. It's the same with this.
Pushing by duelling your friends all day long will be hard to cover up when you have everybodys eyes on you.

DeletedUser

1-This sort of rule exists in most all games of this nature. It's nothing new.

2. All players have the same concerns in those games as well.

The reason is the opportunity presents itself for regular players who are not intentionally doing the above to get punished unnecessarily for an action that might be perceived as this, and/or have other players intentionally misconstrue events to get a rival banned. It's been done, it wouldn't be a first with this type of thing.

Often times, being banned, whether an appeal or support ticket with an explanation would remove the ban or not-is sometimes enough for those players to quit the game altogether.

That I do not believe is good for this game. In a situation where this behavior is suspect, I'd suggest the game mods bypass actual bans until attempts have been made and an investigation of it takes place. There is a time for immediate bans, based on proof. And this sort of action there is no proof outside of certain events occurring, and a judgement being made on whether it is intentional or not.

The attitude and behavior of mods goes a long way in making a player-base feel like this will not be abused and that it will be handled properly at all times.

And to be frank, the trash talking back and forth that's taken place in this thread among game mods, along with Gem baiting Czaz to talk about something that is expressly not allowed (true or not) is not professional behavior and/or a good representation for how mods will act.

I personally have respect for several mods here, but you can only be judged by how you act, and to players who do not know any of the mods, the above behavior doesn't represent itself well in a public forum.

As Abe said, best to remain quiet and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

DeletedUser

i like the rule but i see a problem. most rule infractions are brought to the attention of the admin's by other players. but with this rule, it is between two players that do the infraction together. so how is this enforceable? are the admin's just randomly checking up on duels?

DeletedUser

i like the rule but i see a problem. most rule infractions are brought to the attention of the admin's by other players. but with this rule, it is between two players that do the infraction together. so how is this enforceable? are the admin's just randomly checking up on duels?

they have their ways, and they seem to be working fine so far

DeletedUser

1. The rule is here to stay, so there's no point in arguing against it.

2. Enforcement is up to the admins and their tools. Any discussion of the methods used will serve only to circumvent the rule.

3. I've seen no complaints from anyone claiming to be unjustly banned under the rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.