The New Job System

• Thread starter DeletedUser8627
  • Start date

DeletedUser8627

<< From public beta forums >>

The New Job System

newjobsystem2.png

Why did we change the system again?

With the last changes of the job system we implemented fix working times in order to simplify the work flow and get rid of the not so cool dropdown menu as well as rewarding activity more. While the system became a lot simpler we and also many of you were not really happy with it. We were reading all the Feedback posts, discussing with you and talking about many many plans internally. We now came up with a new bunch of improvements for the job system which now is a good compromise between your and our wishes, I think.
We are of course looking forward to your feedback and are open for further improvements!

The changes

There will be three different job times, 15 seconds, 10 minutes and 1 hour (Same for all jobs so that you can more easily compare different jobs)
The 15 second job is always the worthiest job to do if you are trying to get experience and money quickly, it costs more energy though.
The two longer job times are locked for new players and are unlocked at level 10 and 20.
The pickaxe indicator. On the top left of the job screen you can see 5 pickaxe icons. These icons show you how good you are in this specific job. The pickaxes go from bronze 1 to gold 5. After 5 bronze pickaxes are full, you will go to 1 silver pickaxe. The more labour points you bring into a specific job the higher the pickaxe bar will be. The bar is not there for comparing different jobs, it only indicates how good you are at this specific job.
The bar right below shows you how many labour points you need to the next pickaxe level.
There is a new motivation caluclation, too. On the bottom left you see two circle bars. The right one of the two shows your motivation for this job. Each bubble represents 25%. So if there were 3 bubbles, your current motivation is 75%. When point your mouse over the circle bar you will see the exact current motivation value. Each day at midnight, your motivbation goes back to 100% on ALL jobs. For a one hour job you lose 12% motivation.
The danger calculation has not changed, it is just displayed in a circle menu now. The system calculates a value out of the damage height and the danger chance and displays it with bubbles then. The more bubbles you see the more dangerous a job is.
Experience dollar and luck calculations will stay the same.

Unlocking jobs

As we have announced many weeks ago, we want to introduce the possibility to unlock jobs via character level with 2.04. This feature will come and it's especially important to give all players the possibility to finish all quests. Before the problem was that you had to reskill over and over again to be able to do all the jobs and even in early stages of the game there were quests (Do you remember the hunting turkey quest?) that could only be completed by a few percentage of players who skilled "correctly". So now each job will be unlocked at a certain level. Still, labour points will influence your job values like experience, salary and luck. By skilling for certain jobs you are able to increase the values a lot. So it is still worth it to skill for jobs. Furthermore, the product finding chance will be smaller if you unlocked a job but don't have any labour points for it.
To give those players who want to specialize on a certain way of skilling to reach certain jobs earlier than others still the possibility to be better in those jobs than everyone else, we will additionally keep the system that allows you to unlock jobs when reaching the needed number of labour points.
So unlocking a job can be done in two ways:
1. By reaching the required level
2. By getting the needed labour points

FAQ

Q: How does the job system improvements affect the quests?
A: We have gone through all the quests again and changed many of the requirenments. So now there are quests again that require you to do a specific job for a certain amount of time. Even though, we still kept a few of the "Do job x for y times" quests in order to have a bigger variety of quest reuqirenments.

Q: And what about the daily quests?
A: They were also adjusted (Note for the Beta: Or will be in the next days :p)

Q: Do silver and gold jobs still work the same?
A: Yes, they do!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Looks interesting, but i haven't had chance to test it on beta yet.

I just wish you finally decide on job system and quit changing it so often.
Just as players got used to new system, you change it again.

DeletedUser34767

<< From public beta forums >>
To give those players who want to specialize on a certain way of skilling to reach certain jobs earlier than others still the possibility to be better in those jobs than everyone else, we will additionally keep the system that allows you to unlock jobs when reaching the needed number of labour points.
So unlocking a job can be done in two ways:
1. By reaching the required level
2. By getting the needed labour points

Glad to hear the ability to unlock a job based on labor points will be retained. Would not have been happy if some of the jobs I had specifically allocated ability/skill points to be able to open were all of a sudden closed by the new system. :)

DeletedUser17612

15s jobs are good for exp and money. so the only reason for longer times are product and item drops?
i just did a number of 15s jobs and they all gave the same amount of money and exp.
is this supposed to work so? no more motivation dependent?
so motivation affects only drops?

anyone had same experience?

DeletedUser27501

i was about to quit this game it became too boring good thing i play on beta too and i fall in love with the new job system it`s wonderful i can`t express my happyness!!!! time to reskill now :D

Apelatia

Loving this update really! Finally, a system which I like hehe.

I have a question: If you are getting the 3 key, will you still need the required labour points in the two jobs which you can get it from, or has something changed?

DeletedUser30224

Apelatia, I do not know the answer to your question, however I'd like to point out that the 2h job duration consumes 25% motivation. That means you can only do one 2h high luck job per day if you are not using motivation buffs.

I know they changed the drop rates, if I would have been high lvl I would even find out which products to stock up and which products to sell before the update hits. I know that Tobacco has a lower rate now (15% for 15 sec) for 2 energy compared to 40% for 1 min for 2 energy.

DeletedUser

Loving this update really! Finally, a system which I like hehe.

I have a question: If you are getting the 3 key, will you still need the required labour points in the two jobs which you can get it from, or has something changed?

It´s the same thing... even that there is a helping hand on the Travelling merchant... the 5 gold pickaxe opens when you get 1 more point than the minimal value to drop the key.

And grave robber is back on the table to drop the key... since that one was a massive headache since the 2.0 arrived... even that you need to take care with the motivation.
2.04 gets a big bite on the motivation on the 2h jobs, compared with the 2.03

DeletedUser34464

Q: the quest were gone thru and adjusted, what about crafting? Many of the item reqs went up when in V2, reflecting the 'short' job times.

For instance, using the above example- coal drops 37% 30 min. For branding iron (saddler) for example, need 3 coal. At present, you can work that 37% job 6 times in 30min, have 6 chances at the 37% drop-not too bad . Now if you still need 3, and the drop chance is 37% one time in 30min, jobs become onerous. The drop rates went down on some the crafting items when they went to short times too- sugar comes to mind- Crafting seems to be taking a double hit here?

DeletedUser23201

Apparently some have changed(i don't know which, as i don't craft) but the devs have said they will look at rebalancing crafting and fort building requirements if needed after further testing on beta.

DeletedUser34464

Apparently some have changed(i don't know which, as i don't craft) but the devs have said they will look at rebalancing crafting and fort building requirements if needed after further testing on beta.

:)
I thought of fort supplies last night/today while gathering hammers/cloth/flags/cotton

DeletedUser

1 biggest concern is the quests.. some quests require to travel to a specific NPC to start and few need some drops from specific jobs to start now iv even travelled and tried those jobs and nothing no quests no drops.. atleast change the level they can be accepted in tw.db database or let us atleast know in the forum of the level changes so that atleast we dont end up wasting time and energy for nothing.. thnx

DeletedUser

1 biggest concern is the quests.. some quests require to travel to a specific NPC to start and few need some drops from specific jobs to start now iv even travelled and tried those jobs and nothing no quests no drops.. atleast change the level they can be accepted in tw.db database or let us atleast know in the forum of the level changes so that atleast we dont end up wasting time and energy for nothing.. thnx

The quests will open at the higher level of the most difficult job you need to complete the quest.
So, you can check the level of the advanced job you need on the quest and find it in game. When you are at that level (even that you can have the job already on positive points) the quest will open.

For example: The Raid will change from 67 to 86. Since 86 is the level when you get Robbing Trains available (even that you can have 150 negative points on it)

DeletedUser34767

For example: The Raid will change from 67 to 86. Since 86 is the level when you get Robbing Trains available (even that you can have 150 negative points on it)

So what happens to the quest line for those of us who are half way through this quest line at character level 77 when 2.04 comes out?

1) Does it only check level for the first quest in the quest line and we can keep going?
2) Does it check level on every quest and we are stuck where we are until level 86?
3) Do we have to start over at the beginning when we hit level 86?
4) Something else.

DeletedUser22685

So what happens to the quest line for those of us who are half way through this quest line at character level 77 when 2.04 comes out?

1) Does it only check level for the first quest in the quest line and we can keep going?
2) Does it check level on every quest and we are stuck where we are until level 86?
3) Do we have to start over at the beginning when we hit level 86?
4) Something else.

Number 2.

DeletedUser34767

Thanks for the info, futurama1001.

Do you know if there is a list of the new quest level requirements out there? I've tried looking in the beta forums and cannot seem to find the information there. I'm just wondering with the new changes if I'll have any quests available.

Character Level: 77
Quests currently available ( and in progress ): The Raid ( 67 ), The Art Thief ( 75 ), The Treasure - The Other Tribes ( 75 ).

DeletedUser35579

So, how can I increase the number of labor points I have so that I can complete the stream fishing quest? How can I level up (move on to a higher level)?

DeletedUser35120

Idk whether I'm right, but I don't see the total labor points I add towards a certain job. How would we get to know how many LP we add in some specific situations like looking for the 3rd key(where we need to add 730+ LP) either In GR or TM, or The Myth Quest, where we need to add 200+ LP towards White Water Transport?

DeletedUser22685

You can see that when hovering over the job icon, where it tells you the requirements to unlock that job. It'll say "Level: x or Labour points: y". y is the number of LP you have in that job, and it'll show negative if you don't have as many as you'd need if you weren't the correct level, as it does now.

Also on that note, the LP requirement to unlock a job that you don't meet the level requirement for is the same as the LP needed to unlock a job in 2.03.

DeletedUser35120

Thanks for the info, futu. That helped me a lot :)