The Lycaon Cabal

• Thread starter DeletedUser14280
  • Start date

DeletedUser14280

Please note, this RP is meant to be a slightly darker bent than usual.
Viewer discretion may be well advised.

-----=====-----=====-----

In a dark dungeon, a shadowy ritual was about to take place.
A torch ignited, revealing two man, one with a silver knife, the other one with a whip.
"I don't want to do this." the man with the whip said.
"I know, Gene...but it's the only long-term solution that we know that works." said the other.
The man with the knife took the lit torch off the wall, and started lighting a circle of candles.
The room now dimly lit, the victim on the altar between the two men was clearly visible.

It was a wolf, lying on the altar and held still by thick silver chains.
It had been blindfolded and muzzled, and so only could struggle fruitlessly and whimper. It knew what was coming next.
"See, Dom? He's whimpering." Gene said.
"It's just trying to fool you. We have to drive the spirit out of him." Dom replied.
"How do you know that this isn't Leon?"
"...We don't. But we can't take the risk of him running loose with bloodlust."

Gene stood deep in thought for a second, then suddenly lashed out with the whip.
It struck the bound wolf, causing it to wriggle and utter a silenced yelp.
Sniffing sadly, Gene struck again and again, to be rewarded with the muffled cries of a wolf in pain.
"I can't keep doing this." he muttered after a minute. The wolf whined in agreement.
"It's unavoidable. Keep going." Dom responded, although a bit shakily.

Another minute of the wolf's torture went by, then Dom stepped forward with knife in hand.
"I create a door! Leave through it, vile spirit, and never come back to reside in this beast!" he annouced.
Bending down, he gripped the wolf by the scruff of his neck, and made a cut with his knife.
The wolf moaned once and fainted, while a great wind came through the room, snuffing out the lights.

Dom opened a shutter, and the room became bathed in natural daylight.
On the table between them, still bound by silver chains, was the wolf.
"I think we're done, Gene." Dom said.
Gene looked at the wolf; it was awake again and wriggling its paws, causing the chains to clink.
"Hey Dom, I think Leon wants out." Gene said.
Dom bent down and took off the wolf's blindfold. The wolf blinked at the sunlight, then stared at him with perfectly human eyes.
"We're definitely done. Welcome back, Leon." Dom said. The wolf sniffled in greeting.

A long, long time ago, when civilization had not yet reached the west, there lived a tribe, called the Locanth.
The Locanth always found itself in danger, for the land they lived in was filled with terrible, untamable beasts, and besieged by monstrous weather.
Threatened time and time again, the tribe turned to an ancient shaman, who revealed a great spell to them; the power to turn into werewolves.

Armed with this new power, the Locanth prospered.
Those of them who became werewolves drove back the beasts with tooth and claw, and when foul weather struck, they acted as beasts of burden to move the tribe.
The tribe of the Locanth grew larger, taking more from the violent world around it, when disaster struck.

An ancient elemental spirit called Sarilith had enjoyed seeing the Locanth being tormented, and grew angry and ugly when they prospered using their new gift.
Pooling all of her power, she laid a curse upon the tribe; anyone who transformed into a wolf would be possessed by a evil spirit, driving them to bloodlust and madness.
This failed to defeat the Locanth, however; they had discovered the binding effect of silver on werewolves, and used that to their advantage to drive out every possessing spirit.

So time passed. the tribe of the Locanth grew larger and eventually became civilized, moving to more benign lands.
They never forgot the spell passed down to them, and those who became werewolves always had the bloodlust spirits drawn out of them, before going to work with their power.
Time passed, and the Locanth were absorbed into the town of Lockridge, built at the advent of western colonization.
A few generations later brings us to today, a strong city that keeps the Locanth's secret, lycanthropy (although it's not much of a secret anymore).

Now, I must tell a darker tale... rumors have arisen, of some kind of cult, called the Lycaon Cabal.
People say that this group spirit away werewolves, for use in their vile plans.
They say that when the Cabal find you, they drive your spirit out of your body, like with one of the evil spirits.
Then they introduce a demon into your body in your place, and use your trapped soul to control the new creature; an undead werewolf with hellish powers at its command.
Of course, these are only rumors...we hope.

Henry sat in his favourite chair at the telegram office, flipping through a kid's storybook.
"Once upon a time, blah blah, prince, enchantress, shapeshifting, blah, devil, et-cetera." he muttered as he flipped through.
He put it down. It was just the whole werewolf tradition repackaged for kids.
Everyone knew about the werewolves. They were the biggest secret in all the West.

Speaking of which...Henry shut his eyes and focused.
He felt his body changing, and when he opened his eyes again, his entire human form had turned into a wolf.
Raising his new snout into the air, Henry the werewolf caught a certain whiff emanating from inside the office.
Following it, he found a little hole in the wall, and could hear minute squeaking inside.

A few minutes later, Henry had transformed back into a human, laid a mousetrap in front of the hole, and was waiting patiently for a telegram.
*tackity-tack-tack!*
It had arrived. Henry leant forward, and started writing it down.
"Investigation underway. Lycaon Cabal not myth."

RP starts here.

Welcome to Lockridge. This is a bustling town, in the middle of the American Old West.
The place is a bit different from other towns in the west, native and forign culture have sunk into the place quite a bit, creating an incredibly multicultural place.
Lockridge's biggest attraction is, of course, the werewolf legend.
Performers act out the original legend on stage, covering everything from the old stories about the Locanth to the werewolves hidden in society today.

Of course, people living in the town know that it isn't just a legend.
A lot of people are learning the spell nowadays; becoming a canine is a spiritual experience for some now, and a novelty for others.
But for the majority, they want to emulate the wolf warriors of the past, joining the police, emergency services, and community service programs, all to keep Lockridge safe.

It's possible that those people are the only thing standing between the town and utter annihilation.
Reports are coming in of fearsome creatures stalking the streets at night, with wolf-like shapes and nasty dispositions.
Known werewolves are disappearing, spirited away under cover of night, and the reports are slowly increasing.
The only hint we have so far is common knowledge and urban legends, about an organization called the Lycaon Cabal.

What is the Lycaon Cabal? All the urban legends agree on one thing: they're a cult of some sort, worshipping the elemental spirit Sarilith.
A group employed by the town council has been digging for information about the Cabal for ages, and they finally know; it's real.

Fields marked with a * are required.
Name: What's your name and surname?
*Nickname: What's your nickname?
*Gender/Age: Male or female? Old or young?
*Werewolf?: Yes or no? For what purpose?
*Obvious Details: What defines you in human or wolf form? Skin color? Eye color? Hair/fur color?
Appearance: Anything else about your appearance. What's your favourite outfit?
Affiliation/Occupation: What organization are you involved in/work for, if any. What is this organization about?
Home: Where do you live? Make up a random street, say where it's closest to.
*Attractions/Phobias: What do you like? Are you afraid of anything?

Rules:

1. Standard forum rules apply.

2. If you introduce a supporting character, limited godmoding rules apply to that character.
For example, if I introduce a villain called Thwop (I never will), the next poster isn't allowed to kill him off, although writing extensive dialogue for him or injuring him is allowed.
The reason for this rule is because, if/when I introduce a supporting character, I often have plans for him/her. I'm sure you will as well.

3. Werewolves can transform at will, and all of their items (excluding metal objects, like iron and silver) are absorbed safely into their wolf form.
When transformed, they take the form of a very large wolf, and gain the strength and speed of...an accurate measurement would be two horses put together.
When transforming back into human, anything they had before in human form (clothing, etc.) reappears undamaged.

4. If a werewolf is touching silver, they can't transform from human to wolf or back.
I know what you're thinking. Keep in mind that putting a silver collar on a non-consenting werewolf is a criminal offence in Lockridge.

5. Your main character isn't allowed to be a corrupt werewolf (that is, one with a bloodlust spirit or an undead one created by the Lycaon Cabal).
At least, not at the start. Make those ones the supporting cast.

Name: Leon Wilder.
*Nickname: Leon.
*Gender/Age: Male, 19.
*Werewolf?: Werewolf. Dreams of being a hero.
*Obvious Details: Borderline pale/dark skin, complete heterochromia in eyes, hairstyle that doesn't behave.
Affiliation/Occupation: None, hopes to join the Lockridge Urban Rescue Community (LURC).
*Home: #17 Fisher Road, nearest to pub.
*Attractions/Phobias: Likes the color green, afraid of big things.

"I think we're done, Gene."
The voice woke Leon up.
...I'm still a wolf! Guess that spirit's gone, he thought.
He tried to get up, but was answered by the clinking of heavy chains.
Why'm I...? Oh yeah. Muzzle and chains, muzzle and chains, Leon chanted in his head.
"Hey Dom, I think Leon wants out."
That was Gene's voice.
Light suddenly streamed into Leon's eyes; Dom had removed the blindfold.
"We're definitely done. Welcome back, Leon."
Hi, Dom. Can't talk right now, I'm a little tied up.

"Hey, Dom, what's say we leave Leon chained up and go steal stuff from his bedroom?" Gene said with a smirk.
Don't you dare, Leon grumbled.
"No, Gene." Dom said, with a look.
"Can we take him for a walk, then?"
I'm not a dog.
"No, Gene. He's not a dog."
"He's a werewolf, close enough."
"No he isn't. Now unchain him, I gave you the keys."

Gene looked at Dom, "When did you give me the keys?"
"Right before we started."
"I don't think I have them."
Uh-oh, Leon thought.
"Check your left pocket." Dom said.
"They aren't there."
"Your other left."
"Not there either."
"Where did you leave them, then?"
"I don't know!"
Dom sighed, and bent down to unmuzzle Leon.
"Just wait a sec, Leon. We can't find your keys."
Leon barked, I heard. What am I going to do while I'm waiting?
"Just sit tight and wait, we'll find them in a moment."
The two left the scene. Leon tried to make himself more comfortable, but realized he was too tightly chained up and sighed doggily.

Leon listened to the muffled sounds of Dom and Gene searching in the room above.
"It's not here!"
"It's not in the drawer..."
"Why would it be in the drawer?"
"I was just checking..."
"It's not under the lamp."
"Why would it be under the lamp?"
"Why would it be in the drawer?"
"Did you check your jacket?"
"Yes, I did. They weren't there."
"Check it again, just in case."
"Alright, if you say so..."
"It's not here, not here, not here..."
"Found it!"
"Where?"
"It was in your jacket."
"Whatever. Let's go release the wolf."

The duo tromped down the stairs again, to see that Leon had shut his eyes and was snoring.
"Hey, look. Did Leon fall asleep while we were looking?" Gene muttered quietly.
A quiet woof escaped Leon's muzzle.
"I think he's just pretending." Dom replied softly.
"If he's asleep, can we leave him there?"
"Gene..."
"I know, I know."
Gene bent down and started unlocking the chains, to the great interest of a suddenly awake Leon.

"I'm done. You're free to go, Leon." Gene said.
The wolf got up and stretched...then turned around and headbutted Gene in the chest, knocking him to the ground.
"Hey! What was that?" Gene growled.
Leon growled louder, Next time, don't lose the keys!
"I think he didn't like your joke about stealing his stuff." Dom said, unable to hide the smile on his face.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13682

Name: Rolf Sprechen
*Nickname: Rolf
*Gender/Age: Male, 34
*Werewolf?: nope
*Obvious Details: Looks like this
Affiliation/Occupation: W-Y Corp, the 'Company'
*Home: 14 Rüger street
*Attractions/Phobias: afraid of failing, attracted to lots of things

DeletedUser

Name: Harry Ringo
Nickname: Harry
Gender/Age: Male, around 48
Werewolf?: No.
Obvious Details: Blue eyes, brown hair...
Appearance: Smokes a pipe and wears a top hat with a suit to match.
Affiliation/Occupation: Private Detective
Home: 11 Werewolf way, near the full moon pub
Attractions/Phobias: Enjoys solving mysterious occurrences, afraid of nothing, a calm and logistic person.

What is it Gunter? asked Harry.
A telegraph has just come in from Lady Madsen , she wants to hire you to look into the disappearance of her husband , John Madsen.
Tell her to I will meat her at the full moon in tonight at six. yes sir, replied Gunter, leaving the room.

It was half five and Harry was reading the 'Rusty Peacemaker Newspaper'
Mrs. Madsen walked casually into the room but he could tell she was distressed. Ah inspector she said, I persume Gunter told you?
Yes, replied Harry, could you give me any more details?
Well, as you probably know John was trying to protect the town using his ability to turn into a werewolf. I had heard of other people like him going missing but I never thought for one minute that my dear John would, said Mrs. Madsen, wiping tears away. He went out last two nights ago to patrol the streets and he, he never came back.

Alright Mrs. Madsen, Ill start investigating tomorrow. Meet me back here this time next week... Good Bye. Thank you inspecter... Mrs. Madsen walked the dark streets back to her home. Harry stayed at the pub for a drink and set off investigating the following day.

DeletedUser14280

The following day, Dom and Leon were out on the street, Leon getting used to his new transformation.
Leon stopped and grumbled. Dom sighed.
"Are you still upset about wearing a lead, Leon?"
Leon growled, I shouldn't be wearing a lead! I'm a proud wolf, not a dog-shaped slave.
"I know, I know. But there's a lot of tourists around here. Would you rather be seen as a pet or mobbed as an attraction?"
Leon sniffed, Tough decision. Slavery or celebrity...
"If you behave like a good dog, I'll buy you a big block of chocolate when we get back."
I'll be good, master.

That was the scene when Harry Ringo started walking down Fisher Road.
Dom walking down the street, with a gigantic dog on a collar and lead next to him.
"I didn't know you owned a dog, Dom."
"This one belongs to a friend, Harry."
Harry looked closer. On the back of the dog's neck was a recently healed cut. Harry thought for a second, and figured out the answer.
"You must be Leon. You look good on a lead."
Leon moaned, Great, what an embarrassment.

"So what are you doing out and about, Harry?" Dom asked.
"I can't tell you that, Dom. I have to keep my customer's secrets." Harry said smugly.
"Is it anything to do with the Lycaon Cabal? Henry at the telegram office told me an investigation was underway."
Harry deflated. Gotcha, Leon thought.
"Well...as a matter of fact, they're probably responsible. John Madsen went missing on patrol 2 nights ago."

Leon looked up at Dom and whined.
"Does Leon know what the Cabal is?" Harry asked concernedly.
"I don't think he does."
I'm right here! Talk to me! Leon ruffed.
"Yeah, I don't think he does know." Dom said.
He bent down and gently wrapped the lead around Leon's neck.
"I really should've told you sooner. The Lycaon Cabal, named after that Greek whatchamacallit, is...best described as an evil organization.
There've been legends about them for ages, about how they kidnap werewolves and steal their souls, but nobody believed that the Cabal was real until a few weeks ago."
Leon whimpered, What happened?
"You've heard the reports, Leon? About evil werewolves on the streets at night? They were made by the Cabal out of ordinary dogs like you."
Leon whimpered more, I want to go home.
"It's alright in daylight, there's nothing to suggest they appear during the day."
Leon pulled away from Dom, and started to trot back home.
Harry looked at him go, "I think you scared him."
"It's true, though, isn't it?"

DeletedUser

''It was dark at night, Mrs. Madsen was having trouble getting to sleep.
She decided to walk downstairs and get a warm glass of milk...
Every step on the stairs creaked , she felt a cool breeze brushing her face and saw the curtains blowing, she hadn't left the window open had she?
She went to inspect it, it was wide open, she heard a creak behind her, her heart leapt, she turned around but nothing was there.
She went back to bed...

Minutes later she could feel a breeze coming from under the door, the door creaked open.... but there wasn't anything there, she went downstairs and the door was open, a cool breeze blowing trough it... she went out to her garden to see what was happening. Behind her a dark figure loomed, she saw the shadow in front of her before she turned around horror on her face... It was a dark hulking figure with dark red eyes, it was a werewolf. She looked deep into its eyes and behind them she saw, she saw her dear john. Oh john she said, what happened to you, he replied by batting her away. John NO!, she backed away to her house, the werewolf pounced.....

''I best get going'' said harry, '' I must talk to Sergeant Charles Doolin about the disappearances. ''See you later Harry'', said Dom. ''Good bye Dom, Dene, Leon''

Harry went down to the station where he met Charles, they had a long discussion about the disappearances. He decided to talk to Mrs. Madsen to clear up one thing before he started his investigation. There was many people surrounding her garden, lying on the floor by the wall was the body of Mrs. Madsen , badly disfigured. Bill, go tell sergeant Doolin, good boy. After severel minutes Harry could see Sergeant Doolin walking down the road. ''OK , OK move along people, this is work for the police said Charles as he reached the house with a slice of toast in his mouth and putting on his coat. ''Come on, Come on, hurry it up'' he said, as soon as he looked at the body he dropped his toast... ''Well from what we can gather so far this seems like murder'' Declared Charles. ''uhhhh'' Moaned Harry. ''Tell you what Charles, leave this place to me for a little while, I will call you when I am finished'' Said Harry.
''Alright, but I must watch, just for a second opinion of course'' mumbled Charles.

Harry noticed three scrape marks either side of Mrs. Madsen. ''He had already suspected a werewolf from the shape of the body left, but this backed up his point. He inspected it for another hour or so, searching the house for anything
suspicious, he didn't find much in the house, Mrs. Madsen's face told alot, their were tears, it was twisted in horror and suprise. He thought about it for a minute. He wast sure if they were tears of pleading or fear.

He wrote everything down on his notebook and left it in the hands of the sergeant. He went back to his house at 11 Werewolf way, and spent the rest of the day looking at his notes, trying to piece things together.

DeletedUser13682

Rain, it was a beautiful thing. And, luckily for Rolf, he would be walking home in it, after one more paper was signed. This was an agreement for a little pub down on Fisher road, it was a nice place, close to Rolf's house, and he was glad that he was able to own it. The people that were selling it were representatives of a corporation called Lycaon Entertainment Incorporated, apparently they didn't want the pub anymore, and were willing to sell for a low price. Rolf had no objections, and bought the place immediately, after signing the papers of course. Once the deed was done, Rolf started walking toward home, but the rain had strangely passed hours ago, leaving everything dry and clean.

Close to home, Rolf ran into a familiar face. "Hello Dom. Good news. I just bought the pub on Fisher street. From Lycaon Entertainment Inc. Funny name, don't you think? Anyway, where's Leon? I thought you two always hung out. I'm sure he'll be glad that I own it now. I'll make sure it stocks extra of your favorite drinks."

DeletedUser14280

"Oh, that's nice. Leon's over there." Dom pointed out.
Rolf looked, but he couldn't see anything...until he spotted a wolf peering out of the window of 17 Fisher Lane.
"I take it Leon's learned the spell, then?" Rolf asked.
"Yep. We had trouble finding the keys when we were done, though."
"Keys?"
"The whole silver chains thing."
"Oh, right. That must've annoyed him."

Leon watched the two converse from the window of his house.
Shortly into the conversation, Dom pointed at him, and Rolf waved.
Leon turned away and laid down on the bed; the collar and lead he'd been wearing were heaped on top of a coat rack nearby.

I like being a wolf, he thought. I'm so strong, so fast, I can see...everything.
It's not as good as being human, a voice in the back of his head muttered.
Why not? Leon replied to himself. I have warm fur, a big bushy tail, I look wonderful!
Indeed. But you're also a slave in this form, the voice said.
No, I'm not! Leon protested.
Aren't you? You've worn a collar and chains, you seek to do the bidding of the humans that tower over you without thought of compensation.
Leon jumped off the bed, snatched his collar on the rack, and squeezed his head through it, before looking at himself in the mirror.
See? It's nothing, he said. I can wear a collar if I want. It's no big deal.
The voice sneered, Of course not. You like the collar. You like being a slave.
Shut up! Leon growled, shaking his head until the voice went away.
What about the Lycaon Cabal? another voice asked. You know that they're going to target you.
Leon paused. The Lycaon Cabal worried him.
Don't worry, the new voice said. You're an almighty wolf. They can't lay a finger on you if you don't let your guard down.
I'm strongest as a wolf.
Exactly! Stay a wolf and you'll be unstoppable.
But you'll still be a slave, the first voice muttered.
You shut up. Leon said. You both know why I became a wolf.
Because you want to help people, both voices said.
Right!
You have power. You want to use it to keep the streets safe at night.
Right!
The Cabal can't touch you. You're out to save the world.
Yeah!

Dom came back into the house.
"Hey, Leon. Rolf's just bought the pub on the next street. We can stop in for drinks anytime!"
He stopped. Leon was sitting on the floor in front of him, wearing his collar proudly.
"Um...Leon? You look different."
Leon nodded, I know. Let's go for a walk, I want to see the pub.