The Lottery

DeletedUser

Did this game become about luck only?
On ancient and now dead worlds, first it was the note#1 for Hernando. And an item needed for gentleman/dancer set. And items from sleepyhead set. You could get those only if you were extremely lucky.

Just as an addition discovered later, there were luck fort fight drops which turned small forts into push fort fights playground.

Then there was a key #3. Some got it in a few hours of work on a certain job, some are still trying (for more than 6 months).

That wasn't enough of the same s... sleeze... new wrapping, so devs added chests in the game to kill push fort fights. But to make players disgusted with the scheme, those chests aren't equally distributed among classes and by opening them you risk to get red rags instead of something worthy of your fort fight performance.

And as a grand finale, we got so called "presents" that gave great items to some players, but also crap things to others. Expensive "presents".

To sum it up. It seems to me that this game is not about skill anymore. You can be the best player The West ever saw, still if you're not lucky, "all your base are belong to them".

Honestly I didn't come here to play the game called The Lottery, I came to play The West. Because of those things I'm lately getting online on w13 just a few minutes per day, and haven't logged on w12 for at least a week. In the meantime I'm playing other games that are about skill and not about luck. Dunno what exactly the next update brings, but if the luck factor doesn't get reduced/nerfed/removed, I'll probably leave this game for good.

DeletedUser

In my opinion it's all about finding the right balance of luck and skill. To have no luck aspect at all just makes a game boring, with everything becoming predictable right from the start. To have too much 'priority' given to the luck aspect of the game makes it more fun, but only up to a point. The longer the game continues, the greater the divide becomes between the lucky and the unlucky players.

Unfortunately, developers of games such as this will always give more weight to luck in the luck/skill balance, because that's the easiest way for them to make money. Make all parts of the game require players to be lucky, and make it possible to pay for more luck? I think I see the dollar signs flashing in their eyes.

TL;DR, any P2P game (or any game with P2P options) will always have more of a focus on luck than skill. Get used to it, or play something else, because it's unlikely to be changed.

DeletedUser28464

I agree

The main activities I have had this past year are getting products for crafting and getting products and items for the latest quests.
I have been trying for weeks to get Al Swearengen's eagle belt, but no luck. I need it for Charlie's quest, besides that it's really worthless for me. When I get the winning combination for this drop, I will be able to complete all quests.
After that, I guess back to crafting and spinning the luck wheel for products. In many other games you just buy products for crafting at the general store or pick them off the ground.

What's really strange about this game is that the rewards are greatly inferior to the time invested in getting the requirements for the said rewards.

Pedro

DeletedUser363

Don't forget the new changes to the dueling system. Dueling used to be somewhat based on skill, but has been dumbed down to where there is only one competitive build available (dodge/aim). They removed the old resistance build and created a new one simpler one.

DeletedUser563

Well from the start there was always the element of luck built in. But why the requirement for the charlie quest and with the collectors set I think it has become more about the inventory than the player. Of course the player much change his game to get more luck drops. i was thinking a while back about a tougher version of the west with little equipment and more of a survival element built into it. In the end I think I even typed it out quite a massive idea. Then I just got fed up with this forum and deleted it. Maybe you should work on such a world idea. For example it will be obviously set in the desert and in the west. Also such a world wont have easy targets so the dueling system will work totally different more along the line of skills than duelings levels and all that easy stuff. In effect you will have to start with a world and introduce things that make it more difficult:survival of you and your animals, tougher economic requirements etc etc etc. Then you will have to work through the whole inventory and start thinking what is needed what aint. And more difficult quest. All I am saying is that one can create more difficult worlds Im not certain whether all will enjoy playing them.

DeletedUser

The main point i have is the Al eagle belt (or adah belt for girls), key 2 and access to Waupee quest that gets you the piece of note 3.
The belt it is necessary for advancing on a quest... but you need to be extremely lucky to find it on a box or any high luck job.

So that quest is only available for those massive lucky players.

The other ones where available only for the ones that knew (younger players) or for the ones that just made a selection based on luck selection.
Now giving some key2 or part3 of the letter on some lucky bag, doesn´t solve those things.

So we need a new quest for the level 120(another very hard to do quest) that would get you Al eagle(or adah) belt and the possibility to get key 2 or some other item (for example, give a choice between key 2 and one of those "reference" weapons) that would get the key to the players that couldn´t made the option on the other quest and another unique thing that would be the choice for the ones that already have the golden gun.
And letting people do the hernando quest without the option be a trigger for accepting the quest. We have the possibility to destroy hernando sword with a quest... so it would make it a normal secret quest with time and product equipped to open, nothing else.

DeletedUser25892

The belt it is necessary for advancing on a quest... but you need to be extremely lucky to find it on a box or any high luck job.

Not to rain on your parade...adahs and als are found quite easily....I had at one time 8 of these belts prior to them being in the set and sold them all for 8k a piece...this is not a massive rare drop, just do hiding jobs...

DeletedUser

Not to rain on your parade...adahs and als are found quite easily....I had at one time 8 of these belts prior to them being in the set and sold them all for 8k a piece...this is not a massive rare drop, just do hiding jobs...

???? i have been playing for 3 years on the game and i only have 1 of those belts in 1 world of 9 i play... and im at top level in all.
Yeah... i have 5 seth bullock and 3 bill hickok on 1 world, but even with premium i can´t find any of those belts there.

And if they are so easy to drop like you are saying... why are people asking over 100k (at least) for each one of those?

Forgot a point: probably you got those 8 belts when there where the money fort battle scheme... because finding it on jobs need a almost impossible to get luck.

DeletedUser22493

Im really disappointed in you Joxer!

I thought you were hosting a lottery! And then you weren't! Aiaiai.. Not good.
Ruined my day.

DeletedUser25892

???? i have been playing for 3 years on the game and i only have 1 of those belts in 1 world of 9 i play... and im at top level in all.
Yeah... i have 5 seth bullock and 3 bill hickok on 1 world, but even with premium i can´t find any of those belts there.

And if they are so easy to drop like you are saying... why are people asking over 100k (at least) for each one of those?

Forgot a point: probably you got those 8 belts when there where the money fort battle scheme... because finding it on jobs need a almost impossible to get luck.

You can say what you want...I guess I am just lucky...all of my found belts have been from hiding jobs or traveling merchant and I typically use holiday set which doesn't increase value of what you find or determine you find a shiny item, but since it does provide you a higher % chance to find an item it then gives you a better chance to get that belt :). I am curious though, maybe this belt had a higher drop prior to it becoming a set belt....that is possible.

DeletedUser22685

Well I've found both Adah's and Al's belts on one world where I'm pure strength and HP. I started rotating grave robber and chasing bandits to look for Al's, found Adah's accidentally on my very first hour and then Al's some days later. Then I've seen people such as yourself who look for hours and hours with no luck. And that's all it is, luck. Some people get lucky and others don't.

DeletedUser

Don't forget the new changes to the dueling system. Dueling used to be somewhat based on skill, but has been dumbed down to where there is only one competitive build available (dodge/aim). They removed the old resistance build and created a new one simpler one.

This has been my biggest disappointment in this game this year. They didn't nerf the builds that needed some nerfing and they did nerf builds that were perfectly fine. In W1, I ran an Appearance build. I won some and I lost some. I knew what to look for in an opponent to maximize my chances of winning, but I could also be beat quite handily by some builds. There was nothing wrong with that build, yet it's worthless now. It was nice to get refunded for the points I had wasted in Vigor and Appearance, but they didn't do much for the points in Strength and Charisma. Those two don't help much either since they've made it pretty clear that Dodge Shooters are the preferred class now. I have no urge to be the same type of dueler as everyone else, so I've pretty much abandoned dueling in W1. I guess I'll do Fort Fighting until I get bored with that. I still have a few quests that I wanted to complete, but I'm Level 120 and most of the rewards are XP rewards. Again, not much good for me. :(

DeletedUser

Well I've found both Adah's and Al's belts on one world where I'm pure strength and HP. I started rotating grave robber and chasing bandits to look for Al's, found Adah's accidentally on my very first hour and then Al's some days later. Then I've seen people such as yourself who look for hours and hours with no luck. And that's all it is, luck. Some people get lucky and others don't.
I've found Al's on almost every world I play except for w1, where I never do luck jobs and, ironically, w4, which used to be my collector. All had at least $6k luck. The only world I was actually looking for it was w2, and it only took about a week of ambush stage, robbing trains, chasing bandits, and traveling merchant, all with $6k+ drops.

w2: Ambush stage
w3: Robbing trains
w6: Ambush stage (3) and traveling merchant
w9: Traveling merchant
w11: Chasing bandits (2)
w12: Steel-lined box (does that count?)

I've only found one Adah's, and that was on w6 while doing peace negotiations for The treasure, which was also around $6k drops.

DeletedUser25892

I've only found one Adah's, and that was on w6 while doing peace negotiations for The treasure, which was also around $6k drops.

Obviously elmyr your pro-ness has just dropped 2 points...j/k :p

DeletedUser563

The main point i have is the Al eagle belt (or adah belt for girls), key 2 and access to Waupee quest that gets you the piece of note 3.

The other ones where available only for the ones that knew (younger players) or for the ones that just made a selection based on luck selection.
Now giving some key2 or part3 of the letter on some lucky bag, doesn´t solve those things.

So we need a new quest for the level 120(another very hard to do quest) that would get you Al eagle(or adah) belt and the possibility to get key 2 or some other item (for example, give a choice between key 2 and one of those "reference" weapons) that would get the key to the players that couldn´t made the option on the other quest and another unique thing that would be the choice for the ones that already have the golden gun.
And letting people do the hernando quest without the option be a trigger for accepting the quest. We have the possibility to destroy hernando sword with a quest... so it would make it a normal secret quest with time and product equipped to open, nothing else.

Well actually the adah menhkin can be worn by males as well . I have both in arizona al's and adah's :eek:ne was a luck drop the other i bought for 150000 then about 20 minutes later another placed his adah menhkin for 95000 . but worlds like world 1 i dont see many such items. actually i read about to your adah menhkin part. the rest sounds along an idea that i wanted to propose but can you do it please in the ideas section. that would be wonderful.

Last edited by a moderator: