The Key and the Gate

Deleted User - 819397

(Yeah, was thinking she'd have an undershirt…seems to be a reasonable layer for a more professional look)

The woman was thankfully understanding of Zani's outright lie, not thinking twice about it and even going so far as to say that she was fine to be back here so long as she didn't go in the dressing room. "I think I can manage that," she replied with a small smile. She'd barely got out of the bathroom, however, before her phone started ringing, showing Rebecca's number. The librarian's first thought was to answer immediately…she'd kill for a friendly voice about now…but still…she had to be careful…the people who'd killed the artist and framed her had been scarily thorough…it wasn't unreasonable to think that it might not be her friend and co-worker on the other end of that phone. So instead of answering it and exclaiming what a relief it was to have a friendly voice there for her and complain about how she'd had to go where she had, she instead picked up with a simple "hello?" Her voice was hopeful, but slightly restrained as well…if it was Rebecca she'd likely have information that'd help her…if not…then she'd need to see why someone was wanting her to be less reserved about talking.

DeletedUser13682

He wasn't quite fast enough to avoid all injury, the cut along his face would be proof of that for a while. But at least he wasn't dead, and it was fairly easy to get through this minor pain. The air was now filled with the foul smel of a noxious ichor, pouring forth from the holes created by the 10mm projectiles that now peppered the crippled creature. As Johnathan began to get up, he got a better look at the creature. It truly was a horrible looking thing, what with a very dark body and large, leathery wings, ripped straight off of a bat. That creature gave off a peculiar aura, a thing that demanded to be eradicated from this world. Despite this thought, Johnathan couldn't bring himself to end its existence immediately; instead it was allowed to struggle for a moment while it tried to fly away again. With wide eyes and agape mouth, Johnathan stared as the thing realized that its wing was broken and that it would never fly again. As that sad realization entered the brain, or whatever it had in place of a brain, it resorted to its last stand option and charged right at Johnathan. Before it could strike out at him, he fired until his Bren's slide was locked back and the creature had six new holes to join the six old ones. Its charge arrested, Johnathan stood up as he loaded his other magazine and released the slide. The creature was now bleeding out its odiferous fluid in copious amounts, and it seemed that it wouldn't move again. Johnathan wasn't going to risk getting anywhere near that thing in case it wasn't dead, and he wasn't going to waste any more bullets making sure it was. For now it was dead, and it wasn't attacking him at the moment. If it wanted to attack him again, it would encounter more 10mm slugs to stop it in its tracks. Luckily, Johnathan didn't need to expend his backup magazine as Kessler arrived and placed a few more rounds into the carcass. After giving it a gasoline bath, complete with the explanation that the only thing left of it would be a few burn marks on the ground. As he pulled out a book of matches, Eric Kessler offered the honors of lighting it. "Gladly," Johnathan said, as he took the book, and lit the creature on fire. "I don't know about you, but I've got a bit of a thirst going on," Johnathan said, as he turned to leave the forsaken park. "I know a good place nearby; makes pretty much anything that you can think of, and probably more."

DeletedUser28032

Nia
"You're not going to sulk all evening are you?" John asked in an exasperated tone as he and Nia walked out of the reception area and into the underground car park where the pair of them intended to meet their respective drivers.
They had only gotten a short distance out of the door though when Sandra made an appearance "Hey hun you ready for tonight? Oh John boy I told Andy he can have the night off; you're with me" she said with a genuine smile. A smile that grew even wider in response to John weary sigh over his newly acquired nickname, with the young man deciding that he'd have to find a way of getting back at Abbie for coming up with it.
With Nia still in a mood Sandra directed most of her questions to John; asking him how his first day had gone and what he thought of the place so on so forth, with the driver being sure keep the topic well away from what he was actually working on.
Pulling into the bars car park the three of them had barely stepped inside when they were greeted by the sound of Joan Jett singing "I Love Rock 'n' Roll" prompting Sandra to roll her eyes "looks like Abbie got here before us" she said in a voice that said she'd heard this song enough times to know that it was Abbie's song of choice.
Finding the Rock chick sat in a corner booth with an empty glass sat in front of her and halfway through her second, the girl's face lit up when she caught sight of them "oh hey, you guys made it!" she exclaimed in an excitable voice; waving them over to join her, smiling at Nia as she added "...hey Nia I saved you a seat" she said patting the spot beside her. With her lab coat now gone the girl looked more herself especially seen as now they could all see the half sleeve of tattoo’s she had on her upper right arm.
The evening would prove enjoyable with Abbie spending what looked like a small fortune on the jukebox as well buying two rounds of drinks, though after her fifth she was stopped from ordering any more by Sandra uttering the words "remember the Christmas party Abbie" prompting the girl to go rather pale and abstain from any further drinking that night.
It wouldn't be until they were nearing the end that Nia would get Abbie all to herself; with John leaving to try and chat up one of the barmaids without much success, and Sandra going outside to make a phone call to her husband. Having seen the mood that Nia was in Abbie had gone out of her way to get the other girl talking, cycling through a variety of topics throughout the evening until she’d found out what she was interested in "you know its so nice to actually have another girl to talk to, all the guys ever want to talk about is technical stuff which kind of gets dull after a while...so...erm...what's the deal with you and John boy? I mean I thought you were together though judging by the way he's getting shot down that blonde over there I take it that's not the case? I mean a pretty girl like you must be beating them off with a stick, Hey! Perhaps you could give me a few pointers as to where I’m going wrong"

Jonathan
As the body ignited with an audible whoompf the pair of them watched it burn whilst Jonathan made his suggestion that they should go and get a drink "Ja, that sounds like a plan to me...though we'd best stash the guns and look at your war wound first" Eric said as he turned to leave: with the thing already flaking away into tiny pieces of black ash.
Thankfully Jonathan’s truck had passed the night unscathed and using the interior light the scarred merc inspected the other man's cheek "its just a scratch, you'll be pretty again in no time" he said with a harsh laugh; flicking off the light as he did so "ok, lets go to this bar of yours...I take it, its in a better part of town than this?"

Zani
Despite her rather reserved greeting, Rebecca launched straight into her conversation obviously relieved to have reached her friend and sounding like she’d had a less than thrilling night as well "Zani! My God, are you alright? I had the police come and see me, they said that you were having an affair with that artist and that you'd killed him out of spite, but that can't have been true because we only met him today!" she exclaimed in a rush. However it was at this point that she suddenly seemed to become rather nervous as she continued to speak with a slight stammer edging into her voice "So...um...where are you? If you tell me I...I can come and pick you up...my sisters out of town so you could hide out at her place tonight and work out what to do next...so... um...yeah...where are you Zani?"

DeletedUser37114

Nia glared at John (he'd actually gotten progress done) as he suggested that her sulking all evening wasn't an option. With the day she'd had, drinks weren't necessarily going to make her feel better (they MIGHT make her feel worse, but that was a risk worth taking), though her nightly routine might cheer her up at least a little (it usually did). Besides, he should be driving with her and Sandra (there was more than enough space in Sandra's car), wasting gas was stupid. Thankfully, Sandra herself showed up to say that John's would-be driver had the night off (thank goodness) and he'd be traveling with them. The ride itself was rather pleasant once she managed to shut out the chatter between Sandra and John (How was your first day? Enjoy yourself? Blah, blah, blah). If she was feeling more generous (and she really wasn't right now), she might have paid more attention to the conversation and tried to figure out if Sandra's interest was flirtatious or just polite. As is, ignoring them (blah, blah, blah, blah) was easy enough until they got to the bar. Abbie beat them there apparently (which was nice, meant that they didn't have to wait to get the party started), sticking an oldie rock song on the jukebox. Not Nia's favorite, she preferred techno and a heavier beat to party to (and "party" to), but this was probably as good as she'd get on a bar's jukebox. Most bargoing folks probably had no idea who Sharon Den Adel or Arion were (not that she really blamed them, music preferences were personal, after all). That was part of the reason she didn't go to bars, actually: music wasn't great, alcohol was expensive, and having to turn down just about every single guy in the bar (over the course of the night, of course) was more troublesome than she really liked. But if she was going drinking with friends (which would help with the single guys), she could put up with it.

Abbie had found a corner booth (which was nice of her) and apparently gotten started early, from the looks of the empty glass in front of her. The woman waved them over, saying she'd saved a seat next to her for Nia (which was really nice of her). She was even more adorable without the lab coat and Nia felt some of her irritation fade as she slid into her seat, sliding close enough for her leg to barely brush Abbie's (she would really have liked to slide right up against her, but that would have been too forward). Trying not to stare at the colorful arrangement of tattoos that covered her now bare upper arm was more difficult than she would have thought (she wanted to touch them so badly...), but she managed to keep her eyes away more often than not. Her first order when their waiter came around was a double of gin, generously paid for by the rock chick (she needed to thank her for that, but for now she wasn't feeling like talking). The stuff wasn't amazing (alcohol generally wasn't), but it was her go-to when it came to getting drunk. An Orange Bloom came next, leaving her giggling and a smiling at Abbie's (mostly jukebox related) antics by the end. Another Orange Bloom, generously paid for by the rocker chick, went next and Nia began to start joining in on the running chat (quietly, of course), thanking her new friend for paying. The woman herself was drinking at a pace that Nia didn't even try to keep up with until Sandra came by and said something about a Christmas party (she should probably ask about that story at some point), at which point Abbie went pale and started ordering water. Nia kept going, ordering a shot of gin and chatting about music with Abbie, though she knew any more alcohol beyond that would be too much (plus she'd pass Abbie, which she didn't really want to do).

Her first water didn't arrive until John had struck out with two of the barmaids and Sandra had excused herself to talk to her husband (awwww, so no John and Sandra hookup), leaving Nia alone with Abbie, who she'd scooched all the way over on the bench to lean against. The rocker chick said it was nice to have another girl to talk to before asking about her and John. It was difficult, but Nia beat down the urge to start tracing the tattoos on the girl's arm (so prettyyyyyy) before giving her usual response to that question. "Wouldn't have worked. Colleagues, fine, but... he's not what I want. He's him, I'm me, he wants long term, I don't necessarily..." She shut herself up, that was a little bit too honest, probably the alcohol's fault (it usually did that, with its dumb burning and stuff). She could answer about her way to "beat them off with a stick," though (just tell them you're not interested and then do something super weird, that allllllways worked). "And if you want someone, I'd love to-" She clapped a hand over her mouth, that was WAY more than she really wanted to say (and had nothing to do with beating off men in the way Abbie apparently wanted). And why was she grinning like an idiot? And when did her other hand start tracing the lines of Abbie's tattoo (prettyyyyyyyyyyyy)? The woman had been so nice to her, she'd need to take her hand off her mouth, apologize for what she was doing, explain that she got weird when she was drunk... "Sorry, you're cute and nice and I want to spend tonight between your-" Nia felt her face start to heat up as she processed what she was saying and the hand returned right back to its position over her mouth. Way too honest, she probably needed to scooch away. And stop tracing that damn tattoo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 819397

Rebecca was indeed on the other end, asking quickly if Zani was ok before launching into an explanation of what had happened to her. It was hard not to smile as her friend and co-worker talked…crisis or not, it seemed impossible to change her personality. "I'm fine, Becca…well, not fine, but I'm alive, intact, and free for the moment, so things could certainly be worse." Once she'd reassured her, the taller woman got a little more nervous, asking where she was and explaining that her sister was out of town, so she could crash at her place to try to plan her next move. "Susan's out? What's she getting up…ah, sorry, not important right now…" the desire to latch onto something, anything normal was strong, but she resisted…until she was safe that kind of escape had to wait.

Zani was torn…on one hand, having a safe place to spend the night would be wonderful, and under almost any other circumstances she'd've trusted her friend completely…however, on the other hand, Rebecca had talked about the police visiting…so there was a chance they had somehow persuaded her to try to catch the supposed murderer. However, desire to see a friendly face won out and she found herself telling her friend how to find her. "I'll be waiting outside for you…oh, and Becca? You're the best friend ever…if I manage to get out of this…I'm going to owe you for life. See you soon." Zani was truly floored by her coworker's willingness to help…if law enforcement caught wind that she'd helped her, she'd be just as incorrectly guilty as Zani…most people wouldn't have helped her…but Rebecca wasn't most people. Or at least that's how it seemed…as much as she wanted to blindly trust her, there was always that chance…so after waiting a few minutes to lessen her time back outside, she found her way into the alley next to the club, taser in hand in case this turned out to be a trap of some kind. She wasn't going to get caught…hopefully Rebecca was acting of her own volition, but…best to be prepared for any eventuality…

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13682

The thing was burning quite nicely, but it was giving off a very noxious fumes; a very bad smell that couldn't be quite compared to anything Johnathan knew. If he did have to compare it to something, it might be somewhat like burning tar and tires. Of course, thery weren't quite up to snuff to describe the smell, but it was close. As the black smoke rose up into the sky, probably impregnating its terrible odor into the surrounding trees, Johnathan and Kessler headed up to the Taco. "Yeah, just throw them under the back seat," Johnathan said, as he looked at the wound in the side view mirror. "Cover them up with the Korean blanket, and they'll be fine. Don't worry; they'll be fine downtown. It's fairly clean; not like here." The Bren went underneath the back seat, the blanket went above that, and a center console napkin was brought out to clean up the blood from his face. Kessler came around and double checked the wound. After a quick check, it was confirmed that the wound was superficial and that he would be pretty again soon. "Well, I wouldn't say I was ever pretty, but thanks or the vote of confidence. Get in. Let's go." Johnathan swung into the driver's seat, and drove off towards downtown. It was a much nicer place than MacArthur Park, with several streets laid out in grid fashion, inhabited by various shops and restaurants and several other buildings, a notable one being an old hotel that was currently undergoing renovations. With the windows down, BÖC blaring from the radio, and the monster that was threatening his house, Johnathan was in good spirits. "We'll have to walk a little bit to the bar. Closest spot's behind the convention center. City parking is nearly always full, but don't worry; this bar isn't very crowded. Come on; it's a few mintues away." After locking up the Taco, Johnathan led Kessler to the bar, a small affair that was well put together. Faint music could be heard coming out of the door, and upon entering it was revealed to be more popular this evening than usual. "Evening Thrust. What happened to your face?" the bartender asked, as the two sat down at the counter. "Got attacked by a bird wanting to eat my donut. Oh, this is Eric Kessler. Friend I met when I was at Germany." The bartender reached out and shook the merc's hand then turned back to Johnathan. "The usual?" After a moment of consideration, Johnathan shok his head. "I'm feeling pretty good tonight. I'll have a Black Russian and whatever Eric wants. Don't worry I'll pay. Eric, find an empty booth. Oh, and get some barbeque nachos. They're really good here." After Johnathan had gotten his drink, he went over to the jukebox, requested Straight to Hell from the British band the Clash, and joined Kessler in a booth. "You'll have to tell me about some of your adventures. I'll tell you about mine, if you don't mind hearing about chloride searches and pranks on coners, and some port visits."

DeletedUser28032

Nia
With far more vodka in her system than was probably advisable to have on a school night and her favourite songs blaring out of the jukebox Abbie was enjoying herself. She didn't normally do the whole drinking on a weekday thing as unless she had someone like Sandra to stop her she was liable to get really wasted Damn addictive personality! that and the fact that she hadn’t been in this city for very long so didn't actually know that many people and drinking alone was like the epitome of sad.
After discovering that there was a bit of crossover between her and Nia's musical tastes, which was a relief as most people she knew only really listened to mainstream pop if at all. She'd asked about the girls love life, albeit in a non-direct manner hoping that perhaps the girl would be able to help her out with her own love life or to be more precise her lack of a love life after she'd split from her last boyfriend. Though to be honest she'd only really gone out with him in order to fulfil that classic teenage cliché of infuriating her parents and so when she'd moved here for her job within De'Ath's Company and he'd left to "make it big" in LA with his band it hadn't been the end of the world.
Just as she’d chalked up Nia being quiet to first day nerves Abbie had also chalked up her sudden friendliness to the amount of alcohol they’d both drunk; with the girl leaning up against her and gently tracing the patterns of her tattoos with a fingertip as they talked. It turned out that John boy was just a friend and nothing more; which was cool, with the girl then going on to explain how she managed to get rid of boys leading Abbie to believe that she’d misunderstood what she meant by beating them off with a stick.
It was at this point that things started to take a surreal twist with the alcohol obviously going to the other girls head as she clapped her hand over her mouth in the middle of offering her… something. Love to what? Hook me up with a friend? Go double dating? What? Abbie thought to herself with an obvious look of confusion on her face though it soon became clear what Nia had been about to offer her. Even with five large vodka’s in her system Abbie was more than capable of filling in the missing word; her mouth dropping open in shock before getting a fit of the giggles. For some reason she just found the whole situation so amusing, then again she’d probably find fart gags the height of hilarity at this point in time “oh wow…I am being hit on by a girl…this is like…wow…ok” she said putting an arm about the other girls shoulders in a drunken hug; finding the whole process of stringing words together or even thoughts to be a little challenging “…do you…do you really think I am cute?” she asked the other girl, though why she felt that was the most important question to be asking at this point in time was beyond her…then again why not? She was here, Nia was here, they were both single, Nia thought she was cute and Abbie hadn’t been laid in like…forever so why not? What was the worst that could happen?
Offering the rather quirky girl beside her a smile Abbie drops her voice to something approximating a whisper in so much as she wasn’t shouting “screw it…lets get a cab and go back to you’re place”

Zani
After spending a very tense twenty minutes waiting, Rebecca’s car eventually pulled up outside of the club. A quick examination of the car would reveal a single occupant fitting her friend’s size and build sitting within the car and with no other vehicles on this stretch of the street, it was clear that no one was following her.
“Jesus Zani, couldn’t you find a shadier location to hide out in?” Rebecca exclaimed as her friend climbed into the passenger seat with her friend not even waiting for her to put her seat belt on before pulling away and driving off.
Dressed in jogging bottoms and a hoody that hid her face in shadows Rebecca silently drove through the dodgy part of town flinching as she heard the sound of gunshots echoing from out of the park “Zani…what are we doing in here!?” she said in a nervous voice that said she wouldn’t be happy until they’d put a couple of blocks between them and McArthur Plaza.
Once they were in a more law abiding area of town Rebecca nervously cleared her throat before speaking with a slight tremble in her voice “what happened Zani? They said you killed that guy…why would they say that?” she asked; her eyes never once leaving the road to look at her friend; the girl clearly concentrating on where she was going.
It was as Zani was answering the question and asking any of her own that she’d eventually notice that the number of buildings around them were getting smaller and more spread out and the roads were getting narrower and less frequented by passing traffic. In short Rebecca was driving them out of town.

Jonathan
“My friend…some of my adventures would keep you awake at night for weeks” Eric replied with a dry chuckle as he drank his neat scotch “You know after doing what you did you’re taking things remarkably well…most would be nervous wrecks by now” the German said obviously meaning the words as a compliment “you know…you kind of remind me of someone I used to know…” he said turning to study Jonathan’s features. The look in the mercenary’s eye making it clear that he was debating whether or not he should share some piece of knowledge before deciding that Jonathan was trustworthy enough “I used to be part of a group…we…hunted things…” he said in a way that more than inferred that by things he wasn’t talking about deer “…very few people know the truth about the world and even fewer can handle that knowledge without going insane but we managed…well…just about, I like to think that it was all worth something…that we actually achieved something, anything not that it really matters now, they’re all gone…its just me now” he said draining his drink and asking the girl that arrived with their nachos for another one “so tell me friend what of your adventures, its been a while since I was last able to simply sit and talk”

Deleted User - 819397

Rebecca showed up, true to her word, just her…no one was following her as far as Zani could see either. Thank the gods. She quickly hurried into the vehicle, smiling a little as her friend questioned her choice in hideout. "Hey, you have to admit, it's not exactly an area I'd be suspected of hiding in," she replied a little snarky. The taller woman was doing her best to hide her features, so at least she knew the risks of helping her now fugitive friend. Things were tense until they left the shady side of town behind, where Rebecca asked what happened, and why the authorities were convinced she killed the artist. "I really wish I knew, Becca…all I know is I went to see the guy about the painting we saw because I'd seen it in a dream before…he passed on some information about why I might have seen it, and then there was a knock…the artist had ordered room service so he figured it was that and went to open it…and when he did, he was stabbed almost immediately. These two guys were on the other end…the one not busy stabbing put a gun to my head and made it crystal clear I wasn't supposed to move…once the artist was dead the one with the knife smeared the guy's blood on me and made me hold the weapon…and then they were gone. It…was awful…and the worst part of it is I don't know if I was the target…they kept calling me…Jain Farstrider, whoever the hell that is…" Recounting the story made it sound utterly ridiculous…but that's what had happened, every bit of it. She sighed, then looked at her friend. "Seriously Becca…thanks for coming for me…I really, really appreciate it…you didn't have to stick your neck out for me…I promise I won't forget it." Zani looked out the window to see they were driving out of the city. "Oh, yeah…where does Susan live? Forgot to ask that earlier" She didn't particularly mind where she wound up, but some normal conversation might help them both relax…one could hope anyway…

DeletedUser37114

Abbie's reaction to Nia's near-proposition made it obvious that she'd gotten what her mouth had been hinting at (yesssssssss), regardless of her brain's attempts to stifle the message. First, mouth dropping open, then giggles and general amazement (had she really been that un-obvious earlier?) at being hit on by a girl. If she was going to politely turn Nia down, that would be fine (please don't let be like those girls at the one place that made fun of her after she'd asked the really cute one if she was into girls). At the worst, she'd probably blame it on Nia being drunk (it's happened before) and never want to go out to drink with her again. She would let Abbie know that she didn't mean it (which would be a liiiiiiiie), but if she moved her hand she was pretty sure rainbows would come out. Then the woman leaned forward to embrace her (yesssssssssss), still giggling like a little girl. For some reason (maybe the cuteness, maybe the close proximity, maybe the alcohol), Nia found herself joining in before she knew it, almost missing the other woman's question about whether Nia really thought she was cute. Vigorous head nodding was the only acceptable reply to that until Abbie pulled away and suggested they grab a cab and head to Nia's place (someone's getting laaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiid). Nia's heart really started hammering at that suggestion (would she prefer her lover to be on the bottom or the top or something else or maybe she's into something different...), she'd never expected the other woman to say "Yes."

At first, the memory of the people that came with them to the bar tried to interrupt the start of a great evening (and would she prefer... girls were usually so much difficult than boys to figure out), but Nia bludgeoned that interruption to death before it could get anywhere. John could get a ride back with Sandra, Sandra could take care of herself, they both needed to be at the same place at the same time for work tomorrow, this really was a good opportunity (and would she be worried about how quiet Nia would be even when...). Only one small problem and hopefully (hopefully, she really wanted this to work) Abbie would be willing to cooperate. "Yours instead?" Nia asked, her voice trembling. "Please?" She didn't like strangers or near strangers in her home, even if those strangers were there to do wonderful things to her (she'd figured that out by the second one-night stand she'd tried). And even a new place (one night stand number three) didn't seem so empty when it was lived in and filled with the echoes of her own pleasure. If Abbie really didn't want to spend the night at her own place, Nia would relent with only a little arguing, though. The cab ride would involve Nia trying to steal as many kisses and touches as Abbie was willing to give and her enthusiasm wouldn't diminish from there once they arrived at their night's destination. Nia's sole request either way was that she'd get to pick the music for the first round, everything else would be up to any requests or implications from her new lover.

DeletedUser13682

It seemed that the German was willing to remain tight lipped about his stories, on the assumption that Johnathan would obtain insomnia as a result from exposure to the more harrowing of tales. "I'm a bit insulted, Herr Kessler," Johnathan said, eyes attempting to grow to comic proportions. "If I can sleep through a 688 rocking on 30 foot waves like a V8 powered cradle, I think I can sleep after hearing about a few scary monsters and super freaks. Check that out by the way. Good album." Before anything else could be said, the merc bestowed a comliment on Johnathan, about how he dealt with the supernatural and how he bore resemblance to someone he used to know. "I don't know; I've seen some spooky things on deployment and in port. And it was threatening my home. It's the same as if a fire ignited on my boats. I'd fight it to live and keep everyone safe." Eric also revealed that he was once part of a group that hunted the same sorts of monstrosities that they faced that night. A group that was now survived only by himself. Johnathan was certain that he wouldn't hear that downfall story, at least not for a while. It seemed he wouldn't be hearing any of Kessler's stories, at least until he offered up a few of his own. "Let's see; I probably don't have that many stories that you'd be interested in. Let's see. Here's one. So we're underway, and we have this fat ET. We're talking about 300 lbs. And nearly completely useless. Last time he went near the control panel, he nearly broke the entire plant. Had to emergency blow. But we were still stuck with him until we could get back to home port. So we use him for simple tasks, like holding poly bottles for the ELTs. They're taking a sample, and this fatbody forgets to put the cap on the thing. We hit a curent or something, the boat shakes a bit, and this guy spills a quarter liter of coolant all over his fat self. Now, our ELTs at the time were good people, actually report the spill. So the master ELT, the melt, has to survey every lardy inch of this useless sack. And because it's a spill on himself, he has to take everything off. I mean everything. I end up on scene right as the melt is lifting up the ET's belly and surveying the botom of his sack. I get the rest of my shop and we're all laughing wildy. It is a sight to see. A few months later, we reenact this scene for the boat's talent show. Two torpedomen had to hold the melt down, he was so angry. Had the veins popping and everythng." After a hearty laugh and another couple rounds of drinks, Johnathan went into another story. "We're visiting Subic, oen of the first there since that volcano closed the base in the '90s. Some of us had rented mopeds and were traveling around. Headed to Manila on a three day lib. We're about halfway there, and eating at a little restaurant on the side of the road. Really run down looking affair, but the food was good. There's four of us there, eating seafood at this shack and watching the waves roll onto the shore. Right before our eyes, a freak wave comes, and wipes out everything on the street, including our mopeds. Guess the owner of the joint knew something we didn't; he had the place on stilts. Just as suddenly as it comes in, the freak wave goes out again, and our mopeds are sinking beneath the waves. We end up hitching a ride on the back of an old Hilux. More rust than metal, but she gets us there. End up spending the rest of the 3 day around Subic." Another round of drinks came, and Johnathan got back control of the juke box, letting it play Telephone Line to its heart's content. "Come now, Eric, you can't hold out on me like that," Johnathan said through frown as he slid back into the booth, and liberated the last jalapeno from their third plate of BBQ nachos. "I'm sure you've got at least one story you'd allow a mere mortal to hear. I promise I'll only stay awake for a week. Two tops if it's that scary."

DeletedUser28032

Nia
Abbie hesitated for several moments before finally relenting and agreeing to take Nia back to her place instead. It wasn’t that she didn’t want to do this but rather that if things went south she wouldn’t be able to sneak out the back and go home. However it was rather clear by the way the other girl was acting that she really didn’t want to take Abbie back to her place for some reason, A Room mate perhaps?
Abbie would spend the entire journey back to her apartment either blushing or giggling as Nia kissed and caressed her with the rock chick trying her best to stop the girl’s hands from wandering too far especially whilst they were both sat in the back of the cab as the last thing she wanted to do was put on a show for the driver “Please Nia, no…not here” she’d whispered in a trembling voice as Nia had begun to gently bite her earlobe causing a flush to creep up her body in response. By the time they had stepped out of the cab Abbie was more than a little hot under the collar and stammering badly as she’d paid the driver who in turn had wished them both a good night with a knowing look in his eyes that had sent her beet red.
The apartment building outside of which they were stood was located on the wealthier side of town and although it couldn’t exactly be described as being posh it was decidedly upmarket, or at least more upmarket than where Nia was currently living.
After fumbling her key fob over the sensor two or three times before she was finally able to get it to work Abbie quickly led them across the deserted lobby area and pushed the button for the elevator; nervously fiddling with the tiny crucifix she wore whilst they waited for it to arrive. However no sooner had the shining stainless steel doors slid shut, Abbie launched herself at Nia; slamming her bodily into the wall as she kissed her. Nia had been teasing her all night and she couldn’t take it any longer, all the kisses and the touches had been driving her mad with the previously shy and extremely nervous girl that had blushed at even the slightest touch, and with many of those being cut short now kissing Nia with a passion that bordered on violence. With her hand gently sliding up the back of Nia’s blouse to undo her bra before then sliding around to the front “I can’t believe I am doing this” she breathed in a husky voice as she contemplated hitting the emergency stop button only to curb her enthusiasm in the knowledge that there was a bed very nearby.
When the lift finally came to a stop somewhere around the top Abbie all but ran the short distance to her apartment and opened the door; with her not even bothering to turn on the light as she stepped inside.
Once inside she would start to undress her soon to be lover between kisses as she led her through the dark to the bedroom.
Upon hearing Nia’s request that she choose the music Abbie had simply nodded her head enthusiastically before pointing out the dock sat on a chest of drawers as she lay on the bed, eagerly awaiting the quirky brunette to join her, with her fingers still playing with the crucifix that hung about her neck.
It would quickly become very clear to Nia, if it hadn’t done so already that Abbie had never slept with a girl before but with a little gentle coaxing she would enthusiastically embrace the experience and follow Nia’s every suggestion.

Woken by the early morning sun streaming through a gap in the curtains Abbie would groggily wonder as to how she’d managed to sleep in such a god awful position. Despite being one those lucky people that didn’t seem to suffer from hangovers she was still having a hard time recalling what was going on. Her hands were numb, there was a weight on her stomach and worst of all her eyes were stinging like mad oh Abbie! You’ve slept with your contacts still in again! her mind berated her as she made to remove them. It was at this point however that she discovered that not only were her hands numb but that for some reason she was unable to move them. Opening her eyes it would take a few moments for her to take in the scene fully “oh no, no, no…what have I done!? My father’s going to kill me!” she said in an anguished squeak as, if not all then most of it came flooding back to her.
Wearing nothing but the crucifix about her neck, Abbie was currently tied to the bed by her wrists using a pair her of black and white striped knee socks with Nia still sound asleep on her stomach oh whose bright idea was this! she thought to herself as she glared at her bindings. It had been very enjoyable last night with the mere thought causing her to blush but now she really needed her hands back “Nia? Nee-aah? Wakey-wakey babe…” Abbie paused mid sentence, she’d always called other girls babe, but now the term seemed to have taken on a whole new connotation which left her feeling rather confused one thing at a time girl “…Nia, babe I need you to untie me because I can’t feel my hands and I really, really need to take out my contacts” she quietly pleaded. It felt like there was sticky tape on her eyes and even with some drops in them they would probably be too sore for her wear contacts today meaning she forced to wear her glasses to work, which was something she could really do without “please Nia I need you to wake up now”

Jonathon
Eric quietly sat in the bar listening to the music and Jonathon telling his stories whilst he drank his scotch. The man’s tales were the usual military type and were amusing enough though it wasn’t long until Jonathon was pushing him for a tale of his own; promising that he was made of sterner stuff than he gave him credit. With a dark glint in his eye Eric offered the man a smile that held little in the way of warmth “Is that so?...very well… It was back when I was in the army, there had been a string of murders within the local population; people literally torn apart and cannibalised. Anyway after a bit of digging the Hauptmann came to the conclusion that it was this boot stain of a private called Becker who was responsible with the fact that he’d run not long after we’d found one of our sentries dead being the icing on the cake. Becker had vanished during a fire fight we’d had a few weeks previous, we’d just figured that he was either dead or in enemy hands, either way we were all kind of surprised when he strolled back into base one morning covered in mud. It wasn’t not long after that that the killings had started but anyway I was part of the squad tasked with tracking him down and dragging him in front of a firing squad and unfortunately… we found him” downing the rest of his drink, Eric pauses to catch the attention of the same pretty redhead that had served them the last time and asks her for another drink. The German waiting until she’d placed the glass of scotch in front of him before speaking again was she was out of ear shot, no need to traumatise her too “he was holed up in this barn; blood and body parts everywhere with him gibbering like a loon in the middle of it all, painted from head to toe in blood. We decided not to waste the army’s time and put him down there and then, I watched the Oberleutnant put a round right between his eyes and all that sick freak did was laugh before ripping off his head with his bare hands. Well things went from bad to worse; we opened fire; nine men at point blank range and then this…this thing peeled off Becker’s skin like an orange and then proceeded to tear us apart. I don’t know what it was, I still don’t know what it was but I ran. All I had was some piece of crap rifle which seemed to have no effect, if we’d brought the 42 with us or maybe a faust or two we may have stood chance but then again…we blamed it on partisans; six dead soldiers and around the same number of civilians and whatever had tore itself from out of Becker’s body was nowhere to be seen…not that we were actually stupid enough to look for it” placing his empty glass upon table Eric pulls out a twenty and tucks under beneath it as a nice surprise for their waitress before offering Jonathon a smile that was far too cheerful considering the tale he’d just spun “come along Herr Kingsbury, its time we got you home…wouldn’t want you to miss out on your beauty sleep now would we?”

Zani
Rebecca was silent as Zani told her side of the story with the girl always being sure to keep her head angled away from her friend as she spoke “What?...oh…oh yeah…um… Susan…yeah she lives out here somewhere” Rebecca absently replied in a trembling voice when questioned about her sisters address having seemingly forgotten why she was out here. It would also be at this point that Zani would notice how tightly the other girl was gripping the wheel as if she was hanging on for dear life.
Her questions would get nothing but non-committal answers throughout the entire drive with Rebecca still refusing to look at her friend; keeping her eyes fixed on the road straight ahead of her.
Suddenly she slammed on the brakes; cursing under her breath as she nearly drove straight past the turn off, though anyone could have been forgiven for doing so as the streetlights had long since disappeared and the narrow dirt track down which Rebecca was now turning was completely unmarked.
Unlit and heavily rutted with what looked like patches of grass growing down the tracks centre the Rebecca was forced to drive at little more than walking pace has she navigated around the narrow and often blind bends. Had anything come from the opposite direction they would have been forced to reverse all the way back to the main road in order to let it pass though thankfully that didn’t happen.
After about twenty minutes of this and with Rebecca now trembling all over a derelict farm came into view with it lit by nothing other than the light of the moon.

DeletedUser37114

Nia awoke to someone calling her name. Which was odd, since she'd just been having a wonderful dream about kissing (well on the way to more than kissing) the rocker chick she'd met at work. She would check who was trying to wake her up (it wasn't her mother, but it was definitely a woman's voice), but her eyes didn't want to open, the lids feeling heavier than a warm quilt. And she had a bit of a headache (so she'd probably been drinking). And there was someone warm moving beneath her (definitely been drinking and went home with someone). Nia forced her eyes open (oh god, more than a bit of a headache) and looked up to see Abbie struggling with a pair of socks tying her to the bed. She was also (with the exception of a delightfully solemn crucifix around her neck) naked. That (partly) explained the dream, at least. But Abbie apparently wanted free over being ogled (and was saying something about contacts), so Nia rolled off the other woman to help her get free. Untying the black sock was easy, the white one was a little more difficult (mostly because she was leaning across Abbie and probably giving the woman a nice view of her chest which started some... interesting thoughts that really weren't going to be pursued right now from Abbie's mood). But regardless, she managed to get the other sock untied with a smile and scooted back to get her phone and give the other woman some space (and room to get to the bathroom, she probably wanted to get her contacts out). Her jeans were somewhere around here (there was her bra, there was her t-shirt...), but she wasn't in any hurry to find them.

Despite the drinks, she could remember almost everything that happened, teasing Abbie in the cab (getting more excited knowing that the driver had his eyes glued to the rear view), Abbie's sudden roughness and enthusiasm in the elevator (which was even more exciting, she hadn't known her bra was gone until the woman's hand had made that abundantly clear), and feeling the sweat dry off both their bodies as Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" played lazily in the background. All in all, a pretty fantastic night (oh, and there were her jeans). Her phone told her that it was early (about an hour before she'd normally wake up), so no worries about getting to work on time. She would like to drop by home to grab some new clothes (her underwear especially needed changing), but it wasn't like she couldn't wear these clothes again. Though judging from the smell of her body, she needed a shower before going anywhere (and Abbie probably did too). When Abbie came out of the bathroom, Nia would smile at her and ask, "Shower?" She'd be fine with showering together or alone, what mattered to her at the moment was getting food (water too), getting clean, and getting dressed, not necessarily in that order.

DeletedUser13682

It was a very fortunate thing that Johnathan was able to finally convince Eric to share one of his stories. This one took place early on in his monster hunting career from the sound of it; it was possible that this was the origin story of his start in this profession. The story was a harrowing tale of a cannibalistic killer manifested in a waste of skin named Private Becker. He was implicated in the killings after disappearing during a firefight. Despite the platoon being more than willing to leave him as dead, the suspect in question was not satisfied and ended up returning. His return brought back the deaths, and revealed the motive behind the killings. The waste of skin private really was a waste of skin, as when they found the private, he had revealed himself to really be a sort of monster in disguise, sort of like the bug alien from MIB. Unlike the movie monster this one was a veritable bullet sponge, capable of taking the combined fire of nine trained soldiers of the Bundeswehr, or was it the Wehrmacht? He did make a passing reference to a 42, though it very well might have been early Bundeswehr. But the talk about the fighting and the partisans led Johnathan to believe that he was talking to a certified WWII vet. "You know, if I heard you right, you're a bit older than you look. I swear, you don't look much older than the Congo Crisis. Hey, were you in that? Saw an old film about it. Maybe you were in it. But yeah, that story you told, that Becker fella sounds pretty metal. Well, also pretty horrifying. I guess you'd have to be there. Probably something like the difference between hearing about surviving a steam rupture by retreating to the bilge and using an AFFF hose to keep the steam condensed and actually being there in the bilge." Johnathan finished his Black Russian as Eric placed a twenty on the table. "Thinking back on it, Herr Eric, you never actually said that you killed the thing. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that thing is still out there, waiting for the perfect moment to strike. But enough of that." Kessler suggested that it was time for Johnathan to return home and get some sleep. "I don't need beauty sleep. That'd imply I had any beauty in the first place. But it is about time to leave. Taxis stop running regular in a little bit. I'll flag one down, get us back in no time." The night air was clear and cold, and the stars were unfortunately hidden behind a cloud of street lights. "Don't worry; we'll see the stars by the time we get back to my house." The last thing Johnathan did before hailing a taxi as place his Bren Ten back into its pocket holster. Couldn't be too safe, even in this area.

Deleted User - 819397

Rebecca was off, even with the circumstances. A vague, non-committal answer to Zani's question about Susan's domicile was the first clue, and any attempt she made to draw her coworker into conversation after was met with more or less a stone wall. This was weird...no matter the circumstances, Becca was always up for a chat...even when there'd been the bomb threat at the library a year ago she'd been the one cracking jokes about it the whole time...something was up, and after the day she'd been having, Zani started getting paranoid.

After narrowly missing the turn onto a dirt road (how did she not know the turn to her own sister's place?) Rebecca continued on a path that would not lend itself to leaving with any sort of ease. Is this a trap? The brush was thick, and the road was hardly helpful in navigating the turns. This is starting to feel like a trap. They didn't run into anyone else, which was good and logical. Is Becca betraying me? The car was going at a snail's pace, letting the uncomfortable silence that'd been building up permeate all the more. She wouldn't betray me...would she? After what felt like an eternity, they pulled up to a seemingly empty farmhouse. She's my friend. The place was kind of run down... She wouldn't do anything. It almost looked like no one actually lived here... But if she did... What was going on? If she'd betrayed her trust...

"Becca? You're really starting to freak me out here," Zani stated, voice shaking a little. Find out if she's still your friend. "I've kinda had an awful day, so...could you please tell me why we're here?" There's a right answer. "It doesn't look like anyone lives here..." The wrong answer. There was always the chance her coworker had decided an abandoned building would work better for a hideout than her sister's place. Understandable, protecting her family. And yet...if there was another reason... If she's betrayed all of my trust...

DeletedUser31931

The night passed quietly. Or rather, quietly for this neighbourhood. Boris awoke from his rest and gently shook his large frame. There was a clatter from the kitchen section of the room and Boris looked up to see Cynthia raiding his cupboards for some coffee. As she apologised for waking him, he shrugged and told her to make nothing of it. “I’m a light sleeper anyway, have to be for the kind of job I had.” He refused the offer of coffee. He didn’t much like the stuff and only really had it in case he was severely sleep deprived but needed to continue functioning. Dependence on drugs was not somewhere he particularly wanted to be, part of why he’d thrown out his anti-psych meds the day after he’d got them. Placing the shotgun on the table, ensuring that the safety was engaged, he stood up and walked over to the counter as Cynthia sat down at the table with her cup of coffee in hand. It took her three attempts before she finally spoke and when she did she apologised to him for the night before. Boris shrugged as he looked through the fridge. “I guess I owe you an apology as well.” His voice was softer than the night before as he intentionally made the effort to be nicer. “I have a tendency to be overly… brusque and cold, to quote one of my commanders.” As Cynthia went on to make her request, he found what he was looking for in the fridge and pulled out a pack of cold ham as well as some miniature pork pies and a large lettuce. “My intention was to go shopping this morning, as soon as we’d eaten.” Getting himself a glass of water from the tap, he moved over to the table and sat down. There was a loaf of bread that he’d taken out of the freezer and that sat on the sideboard, defrosting, as well as some soup that they could have at lunch but realistically they only had enough supplies to last the two of them a week and a half, maybe two at most. Once they had had their meal of some ham, a pork pie each, and several lettuce leaves, Boris stood up and cleared the stuff away, washing up the plates and cutlery. This apartment didn’t have a dishwasher as it wasn’t a luxury that a safehouse could afford so those sorts of things they’d just have to do by hand.

With that done, Boris went into the bedroom and found his Beretta PX4 Storm and the accompanying holster and jacket attachment. Placing it inside his jacket and leaving his usual Five-Seven on his belt meant that even if he were surprised in a gunfight, he still had a back-up weapon, though it would be unsilenced. It would also be harder to reach in an actual firefight but he figured that if he were having to use it then he had bigger problems to contend with. As he exited the bedroom he looked a Cynthia and realised that he was definitely not taking her shopping with him. Far too much attention. “I’ll be going to get that shopping done now. I should be back within at least five hours. If I’m not, then grab what you can and get out of here and as far away as possible because I’ve been captured. I won’t be giving up your location easily but there are other ways that they can track you and it’s not worth the risk.” Pausing he picked up the shotgun. “This is a sawn-off shotgun. The first rule of any gun is never point the barrel at someone unless you’re willing to kill them. Even with the safety on. Speaking of which. This is the safety.” Demonstrating to her he flicked the latch off and on again. “The rule with safeties is always: Red is dead. If you can see red on the safety switch then that means that the safety is off and if you pull the trigger then... well, you can figure out the rest.” Boris then proceeded to show her how to reload the gun and gave her a short instruction on how not to break her arms when she used it. He also explained to her where to find the ammo, having her repeat back to him each stage of the process to make sure she’d understood it.

Once he’d explained everything and answered all of her questions he told her what he'd do upon his return. “Lock the door once I’ve left and don’t let anyone in, no matter who they say they are. As a matter of fact, don’t respond at all. Even if they say they’re a neighbour or that I’m in trouble. Either they’ll go away or they’ll try to break down the door. When they start to try to break down the door, that’s when it becomes getting ready with the shotgun time. Hopefully it shouldn’t happen, but I want you to be ready, just in case anything should happen. When I return, the first thing I’ll do is knock twice quickly, then a pause, then once slowly. Then I’ll give the codeword ‘Marmite.’ Anything other than that and they’re probably using a recording of me. If it is me then unlock the door, but still back away from it, just in case. I’ll come in with my hands up and I’m trusting you to not shoot me.” His explanation finished, Boris had Cynthia go over everything one last time, ensuring that she had got everything, before handing a slip of paper on which he’d neatly written everything down whilst he’d been explaining it to her. “If you forget anything, it’s all on here.” Safe in the knowledge that he’d done the best he could to make sure nothing untoward occurred whilst he was out, Boris let himself out of the apartment, letting her lock up behind him, before he made his way out to where he’d stashed his bike.

DeletedUser28032

Nia
Despite a part of her mind still screaming that she shouldn't be doing this and that she'd been especially stupid this time, Abbie still found herself enjoying the sensation of the other girls body gently brushing against her own with her burning eyes dropping to admire the contours of Nia's body as she untied her, Damn! It was my idea wasn't it?
Once free of her bindings Abbie wasted no time in dashing over to the small en-suite bathroom where after removing the evil contacts and tossing them into the bin she would take the time use the eye drops she'd been given by the optician for such an event, wash off her makeup and brush her hair; the ribbons having disappeared at some point during the night.
It was as she was doing this that Nia would be able take a look around the bedroom now that there was enough light to do so and no distracting rock chicks around. The room was small with a Queen sized bed taking up much of the space, an en-suite bathroom and what appeared to be a walk in wardrobe. With off white walls and oak flooring it was obvious that someone other than Abbie had done the decorating though the girl had added enough of her own touches to make it her own. Amongst other bits and pieces there were a pair of photographs sitting upon the same chest of drawers as the now silent dock. In one there was a middle aged couple that were probably her parents on holiday and the other showing a pair of dark haired girls dressed in summer dresses with matching crucifix pendants about their necks where with a little imagination the younger of the two could easily become the rocker chick in the next room once you removed the glasses and added a tattoo on her shoulder.
Returning from the bathroom, Abbie tried her best to focus on the blurry shape sat on her bed as it asked her a one word question that held so many possibilities "sure, ok...but...um...Nia could we maybe slow things down a little? Only...I've never done anything like this before and its kind of messing with my head" she quietly confessed once she'd gotten close enough so that she didn't have to squint at the other girl. Although that did now mean that she was fully aware of the fact that Nia was checking her out causing her to blush as she continued to stammer out what she had to say "I...I really enjoyed last night, I mean last night was...mind blowing, but could we take it back a step or two, please?" that wasn't too much to ask was it? She didn't want to upset her and she really had enjoyed last night but she really needed a little space in order to think things through. After all up until last night she'd never even contemplated picking up a random stranger at a bar let alone a girl.
Assuming of course that Nia didn't completely blow her top and storm out Abbie would silently beckon for Nia to join her in the bathroom so that they could have what she could only describe as the most enjoyable shower she'd ever had in her life as proven by her near constant giggling. Afterwards Abbie would put on a red vest top and a pair of black skinny jeans, electing to wear her hair straight today seen as she was forced to wear her glasses. With the rock chick mumbling something about Velma as she adjusted the frames upon her face.
It was as she was getting dressed that she would extend the offer for Nia to borrow some of her clothes to save her having to go home; they were of a similar enough size and height that Nia should be able to find something within her wardrobe, though Abbie's somewhat girly-er proportions would mean that most of her tops would prove to be rather baggy on the other girl. Though even if Nia decided not to take her up on the offer it would give her a chance to take a look at the other girls clothes that included an emerald green corset and leather knee length boots neither of which could be described as suitable work attire with even Abbie admitting that they were for Special occasions only.

Zani
Hearing Zani's trembling voice Rebecca brought the car to a stop, still well short of the farm and with a shaking hand turned off the ignition "I am sorry..." she whispered miserably before bursting into tears "...I couldn't take it any more, they made me bring you here...I just wanted them to stop hurting me!" she sobbed allowing Zani for the first time this night to catch a glimpse of her face. Whoever had done it had seriously gone to town on the girl with it being a wonder that she'd been able to see well enough to drive let alone find this place with one eye almost swollen shut from the bruising that covered her once pretty features. With it taking no imagination at all to figure out that it was the single round burn mark beneath one of her eyes that had caused her to finally break and betray her friend.
Whilst her friend sobbed uncontrollably beside her Zani would catch sight of three men appearing from out of the shadows and slowly begin walking towards them. They were still far too far away for her to make out any physical details but it looked like they were all dressed in suits and fedoras and considering the situation she was in they probably intended to do something rather unpleasant to the pair of them.
The only upside to the situation being that Rebecca's breakdown meant that they were still far enough away for Zani to do something about the situation so long as she didn't waste anytime in doing it.

Jonathon
“I am a lot older that I look Herr Kingbury, a lot older indeed” Eric replied with a laugh as Jonathon managed to put some of the pieces into place “…and yes I have been to the Congo, a lot of work for a mercenary in Africa…a lot of work for a hunter too” he said as he got up from the table and showing no ill effects from the alcohol he’d consumed “…as for that…thing no, we never killed it and it is still out there, though I pray I never see it again” the German said in a grim voice.
Once outside Eric would retrieve his weapons from out of Jonathon’s truck and wait quietly for the cab to arrive; listening to the muted sound of the music coming from out of the bar “when you get home, leave that mark on your door…I don’t know whether the creature had simply wandered here by accident or had been sent. If it’s the latter then you will be needing the protection” he stated in a voice that more than said that the symbol would be more effective than any lock or burglar alarm at keeping such things at bay “…and if it proves that the creature was sent, then we need to work out who sent it and why”

Boris
Despite his promise to go shopping after breakfast Cynthia was more than a little subdued, especially whilst she was being given instructions on how to answer the door and operate the shotgun with the very fact that she now needed to learn such things seemingly weighing heavily on her mind.
The trip into town would prove to be uneventful; or rather no one jumped out and attacked him which was a good thing though he did have the feeling that he was being watched. No matter what he did or where he went that feeling of eyes following his every movement was always present and infuriatingly he would be unable to find the source of these feelings either.

With most of the strange looks he got for buying the items on Cynthia’s list being cast aside with excuses such as “my sister is in town” or “It’s a surprise for my girlfriend” Boris managed to track down nearly every item on the list along with anything he wanted to get for himself.
When he finally returned to the apartment stroke safe house and had given the correct signal the door would be cautiously be opened by Cynthia who upon seeing that it was him would let him inside.
No sooner had the door been closed behind him Cynthia would excitedly start speaking about something she’d seen on the TV “It’s her! The girl! I know who she is; I mean who she really is” she said dragging him over to watch the news report. The girl in question was a pretty dark haired girl currently wanted for murder “It’s her Dmitri, it’s her! We have to find her before its too late!”

DeletedUser13682

Sometimes, the hardest thing to do was to get into the back door of the taxi. Other times, it was the easiest thing in the world. It all depended on a multitude of factors, not any one of which could be definitively proven to cause that difficulty. Epecially not the alcohol that decided to hit heavy at the same time the cab pulled up. After a moment of struggle, Johnathan managed to slide onto the bench seat in the back of the taxi. He didn't think he'd lost count of the number of drinks he'd had, but he never gotten this plastered from that relatively small number of drinks, but maybe he'd told more stories than he'd thought. And more stories leads to more drinking. But that was alright; he was on his weekend, and he'd be able to recover before his day shift started. Unlike Johnathan, Eric appeared to be completely unaffected by any of the alcohol he consumed, despite having drank the same amount as Johnathan. There was something very off about that man; he didn't get affected by alcohol, he looked no older than mid 40s despite having fought in World War 2, and he made a profession out of hunting Lovecraftian horrors. "Ya know man, you've got a realy interesting life. You know?" Johnathan said, as the taxi sped off towards his house. "I don't think anything else will come a knocking at my door. But yeah, you know, I think I'll keep that thing on my door, at least for a while. Though I don't know how it'll keep any of them nasties at bay. You think they'd just not care about some squiggles on a door. Maybe it's in their blood or something. Do they even have blood? But if someone had sent it, why would they send it to me? You don't think it's the Russian mafia do you? I doubt they got my name or anything so I guess that's not it. Oh well." By this time, the cab had dropped them off at Johnathan's house, still bearing the scars from its recent encounter with the slender beast. "You know, I've got an extra room if you haven't a place to sleep. Maybe let that alcohol wear off, if you actually did drink any. Either way, fine with me. I'll be on the couch either way. Can't get up the stairs. Can barely get to the door. Night." Through fantastic effort, Johnathan managed to stagger to the couch where he flopped down and promptly went to sleep.

Deleted User - 819397

Rebecca started apologizing Wrong answer and saying that they'd MADE her bring Zani here VERY wrong answer. That she'd just wanted them to stop hurting her Oh so wrong a...what? She shot a look at her coworker to see...oh gods oh gods...what had they done to her? They hurt her. She'd been beaten...badly They'd brutalized her. A burn mark had probably been the last straw How could they. "Becca..." An understandable betrayal. "I..." She'd tried to resist. "I'm so sorry..." Kill them.

As she turned to the road in front of them, three figures similar to the ones who'd murdered the artist swam into view, walking towards them from the farmhouse Run. They needed to get out of here, and fast Run. "Becca, we're leaving." Run. Zani unbuckled her seatbelt, then did the same for her friend. "Back of the car," she said, gesturing for Rebecca to follow her orders No time. If she resisted in any way Zani would start to pull her out of her seat and push her between the divide to the back of the car...they didn't have time for this They'll not just let her walk away. "Becca...you know too much at this point for them...they'd kill you too. Remember the mysteries we read sometimes? Collateral damage is a thing..." No time. Once the blonde was in the back of the car one way or another, Zani would hop over and take the wheel, starting the car again and getting her seatbelt on Run them over. She wanted to hurt them Kill them for what they'd done to her friend Let them feel her pain, but it wasn't practical KILL THEM. If they had a gun on them, driving right at them would be suicide They'll just come after us, kill them. That meant running, at least for now. Reversing out of the area wasn't an option either...it would be too easy for them to have pulled a car in and trap them from behind Kill. That meant..."Sorry Becca, but you'd probably better buckle up..." Crush them. They were going through the farmhouse. It was older, they'd break through...car would be a little worse for wear, but it was the only way that she felt these overly prepared people wouldn't expect Or you kill them and they don't need to expect anything. So deciding, she floored the gas and pointed at the farmhouse...they needed to get away, and fast.

DeletedUser37114

Nia continued to get a good look at Abbie now that she could clearly see the woman (and she looked great, no regrets on this particular fling). Abbie requested that they slow things down a little, saying that she'd never done anything like this (which was obvious based on how much Nia had had to take the lead), which was completely understandable. Apparently, Nia's looking (leering, if she was really honest) was noticed too, as Abbie blushed (she looked really cute when she was embarrassed) and clarified that last night was wonderful, she just wanted to take a step back. Nia nodded at that, she was completely willing to slow things down from where they were at (she was fine with keeping things where they were, but a step back would be fine). Of course, "take it back a step or two" (which she thought would mean solo showers and dropping her back off at her apartment like most one-night stands she'd had) apparently meant "I'll keep going on the same track," as Abbie invited her to share a shower. One very confusing experience (involving being felt up and teased more than she'd ever without ever transitioning to more intense activities while she tried her best to be a good girl) later, Nia was left very much wound up and a little hurt. Did a step back mean that Abbie just wanted to play with her body (not that she'd object to that in itself) without going all the way or letting her play back? Was she just trying to sort out her feelings?

Nia was willing to give the girl some space and leeway (she was new to this and apparently needed to sort things out, which was understandable), but she did have limits. And if the whole thing was just an excuse, she'd rather leave it at... Her train of thought was interrupted as Abbie, who was getting dressed (and looking a little less rocky-y, but no less cute), proposed that Nia could wear some of her clothes and save a trip home. The offer was... really generous and their similar proportions meant that most clothing in the closet was a good fit. And that was how Nia ended up in a pair of black jeans (which were friendly and a little tight) and a black t-shirt (which was a little sad and loose) with "Sum 41" plastered across it (and her key jumping excitedly on its chain on top of that). There was also an... interesting set of clothing in the back that was more than enough to give the already wound up girl ideas (Abbie in that corset... mmmmmmmm...). Abbie noticed her looking, saying something about "special occasions," which only made things worse (herself showing off for Abbie in those boots). Nia took a deep breath (think about how much you want to work with Hex today, don't think about those delicious curves you had to ignore in the shower...) and got herself out of the closet. "Breakfast?" she asked, trying to keep any notes of arousal out of her voice (not unsuccessfully, though her voice was still lower than she'd like). If she wanted to keep being a good girl for Abbie (and not lean forward for a kiss and trace those glasses or the seam of those jeans), a distraction was a necessity at this point.

DeletedUser31931

The shopping trip had gone well, Boris had purchased all of the clothing that Cynthia had requested and he’d been able to pick up food supplies to last them the next month or so as well. Though no attempt to intervene in his trip was made, the slight tingling at the back of his neck told him all that he needed to know. Someone, somewhere, was watching him and he couldn’t be sure who. He had tried throughout multiple stores, using classic anti surveillance techniques, to figure out who his tail was but he figured that they must be on a rotating shift or something because he couldn’t spot anyone. On the ride back, however, he took extra care, using every trick he knew in evasion and countermeasures to spying. Satisfied he’d done all he could to shake off his pursuers, he made his way back to the flat and left the bike in its hiding place.

Once he had entered the flat, no sooner had he shut the door than he was being pulled along by Cynthia, who had seemingly recovered well. It appeared that the girl in question was on the run from the police, accused of murder. Silently sighing and inwardly shaking his head, Dmitri thought Sometimes I wish that life had picked someone else. Gently removing Cynthia’s arm from his, he went to retrieve the groceries from the door, before listening to the name given in the police report. “Zani Nosho. Not your everyday name there, is it?” Picking up the groceries in one hand and the bag of clothing in the other, he walked over into the main flat section once more. He placed the bag of clothing on the sofa and took the groceries bag over to the counter, where he proceeded to unload it and stock the cupboards, the fridge and the freezer. “Well if we’re going to find your mystery woman then I’m going to need to know a bit more about her. Also, if what you’re saying is true then I’d heavily bet that she was set up in that murder. Or, it was one of them coming for her.” Them… Boris didn’t like having a nameless, faceless enemy. He had always much preferred targets you could shoot at. He also disliked the fact that the “them” was responsible for him losing his job and being holed up in a safehouse, hiding from the world for god knows how long, until the storm blew over. “Also, if you’re planning on finding her, I hope you’ve got a plan as to how you’re going to go about that. I’m sure as heaven not going driving across the city hoping on the off chance that we’ll spot Miss Noshu. One last thing, I assume that if you remember this, some more came back whilst I was out shopping. Do you want to get dressed whilst I get started on the cooking? Then you can tell me everything in detail.” As he waited for Cynthia’s response, Boris pulled a soup container from the bag and used a knife to open it. Pulling out a loaf of bread and some butter, he began to cut slices and prepare lunch for the two of them. It certainly wouldn’t be a gourmet meal but it was better than nothing and he had always been a fan of bacon and leek soup.