The Golden Reach

DeletedUser

"No sir!" I exclaimed "My father already is going to fail to except me as a man even without hearing this please. I am actually about to go cook a meal in your parties honor. Do not punish me. All I ask is forgiveness. I don't know what came over me. It's just that my father wasn't proud of me even taming a Giant Hog. I was just mad and I won't let the anger get to me again." I said in a rush and then walked out of the medical house. I was tired of being yelled at I stormed off to get my hog. Who by this time I had named Gulloot. And rode off into the woods knowing that I would just loop around to Mist Terrace and back then set to work cooking. I got nearer to Mist Terrace and heard a loud commotion. Wondering what it was I got nearer. What could this be I thought as I saw a slaver party with nets. Suddenly I saw hostages being thrown down. This was odd. I thought about firing at them but realized I was out numbered and could hit one of the hostages. So I rode back to tell the news. I came to my father.

"Father" I exclaimed. "The slavers have attacked Mist Terrace!"

"This is interesting." He said. "But you shouldn't know this. You should be cooking. GO! Or your punishment will be worse. I will meditate on this. But go now."

"Yes." I said as I waled off to the fires to help the cooks prepare. I knew better than to leak news of the attack just yet. So I calmly sliced and diced and cooked. Secretly thinking up a plan. And fast maybe I could gather a party to stop them before they got to Slaver Island. It would have to be secret and swift. Now who would believe and/or come with me?

DeletedUser

Kalor stood in the area he had rented to conduct his business. To his left stood a large steel cage, which contained his prey. She was dressed in a skimpy outfit that left little to the imagination. Earlier that day, she had been taken to the Slaver base. Every inch of her body was scrubbed and polished, and every visible body hair was plucked. Being a high-class Mist Terracer, not as much effort was required for her treatment as some other slaves.

After some time, an apparently upper middle-class man from Wescot City passed by, with his eye wandering towards Kalor's stall. "Stand up straight", Kalor ordered his prey. She reluctantly complied. The man walked over to Kalor. "She's quite a treasure", said the man.
"Thanks", replied Kalor. "An elite Mist Terracer. It was quite a job to catch her". This was a slight exaggeration; no Slaver was seriously injured during the raid.
"Tell me more", said the man, his interest waxing.
"She's a great aesthetic choice, she'll really perk up your collection", Kalor replied enthusiastically. "And a stuck-up Mist Terracer, mind you. Free her after a few decades, and if she returns to Mist Terrace, she can teach the rest of those [expletive]s a thing or two about work ethics".
"Sounds great. How much might she cost?"
"About 70 gold", Kalor said cautiously, knowing this was the most important part of his sales pitch.
"70?", the man exclaimed, "what is this, some kind of super slave? I'm thinking more like 55".
"Look, I'm asking a month or two's salary in exchange for a few decades of service. This is almost a robbery. Not one less than 65".
"Good enough for me", said the man, handing over 65 gold coins. "Just one last question before I go: what's her name?"
"Ali", Kalor replied. "Ali" was the first name that popped into his head, he didn't know her real name. He opened the cage, and the man said, "come along, Ali". She slowly moved out of the cage, and the man led her away.

Kalor stashed his gains in his pocket, and hired one of the Slaver Guild's newly-acquired boats back to Slaver Island. For the first time in a week, he was returning to his true home.

DeletedUser13682

Bam! Another loud noise, this time a bullet in his shoulder. Outlanders, no respect for authority. Time to head back and get healed. "Silver! Come here!" Roland yelled, but no deer came. After a struggle, Roland found Silver, his leg broken. "Sorry, Silver, but I can't carry you home. That Outlander shot me in the shoulder. I'm so sorry." Roland pointed his Ruger at Silver's head, and squeezed the trigger. Bam! This time, the bullet went into the deer's head. Roland reloaded the empty chamber, holstered the weapon, and walked home. Along the way, Roland ripped off part of his shirt, and tied it around the wound, the doc would fix it when Roland got back, and he ate some of the leaves from the Wataeba tree, knowledge learned from an Outcast's son who had retunred to Cold Cape. Even the best warriors can't handle the pain forever. At long last, after a long, hard walk, Roland made it to the Cold Cape farms. Out there was a single farmer, whom Roland recognised as Holly. "Howdy Holly. Crops good this year?" Before Roland could get a proper answer though, he had already gone through the farm and into the town. The doctor took a look at the wound, and nodded. "Nasty wound, probably close range, .30-06, hunter's rifle. You get into a tangle with an outcast?" Roland nodded in the affirmative. "No problem. Take a rest after I fix you up, and get your justice."

About 15 minutes later, and the worst of the pain was over. Yanking bullets out of flesh, whiskey to clean it, burning it closed, actually, the bandage part wasn't so bad. But the rest hurt, and everybody, I mean everybody screams. Roland took the doc's advice, and slept for the night. It wasn't an easy sleep, with dreams filled with revenge, war, bright lights, people, bad stuff. In the morning, Roland got up, got a new bandage on the bullet wound, like the doc ordered, put on his uniform, new shirt and duster, unwanted holes make for ugly uniforms, and walked over to the captain's HQ. "Sir, I request to go to that Outcast village nearby. I found the pig thief, but he shot me in the shoulder and killed my deer. I intend to bring him back here, along with the pig." The captain nodded, and handed Roland the warrant. After borrowing a horse from a new recruit, Roland rode out to the village. On arrival, he got off the horse, amd walked to the village center. "I am Roland Eld, of Cold Cape!" he yelled to the village. "Yesterday, one of you Outcasts stole a pig. This is a crime in itself, but he also killed a mount of the militia, and attempted to murder a militiaman. These are serious offenses. Turn this man in, and you will all be left alone! If you don't turn him in, law dictates that I will take 10 of you to take his place in the jail. You have 5 minutes!"

DeletedUser

I realized it had been to long to intercept them but maybe if they could attack Mist Terrace we could attack Slaver Island?

DeletedUser

Kalor returned to Slaver Island, and for the first time in a week, he could take off his armor and feel entirely safe. Here, everybody who could fight was also a Slaver, and anyone who couldn't was a slave. "Now", he thought, "I can go about planning our revenge". He thought of the arsenal on Slaver Island, the many boats the Slavers used getting to and from the island, and the countless battle-hungry warriors available. If he could just get them all into one place, he would be unstoppable. Thinking deeply about his idea, he began to formulate a plan. He told a few other Slavers, and they told some others, and those others told more, and so on and so on until all of Slaver Island knew of Kalor's plan.

Using the same system he had used to get the word out, he began recruiting Slavers to fight for him. He was especially sure to tell some Slavers returning to the mainland base of the plan, and the recruitment. It would probably take a day or two to obtain enough manpower for his plan, but there was still more he could figure out in the meantime.

DeletedUser25825

Mosi opened her eyes slowly, blinking as she stared at an unfamiliar ceiling. She took a few moments to re-orient herself, and trying to figure out how she came to be here. Her abdomen was a raging inferno of searing pain. She tentatively pressed into the heavy swathing wrapped around her torso, and was immediately rewarded by more intense pain for her foolishness. She closed her eyes as a wave of nausea and dizziness washed over her. She opened her eyes, after the feeling passed, and turned her head to see what there was to see.

She last remembered speaking with Cheveyo, and then Eldar'o catching her as darkness overtook her. It took her a few seconds to realize she was in the hut of Assaou. She observed Eldar'o knelt down beside her and sleeping with his head resting on her cot. She wondered how long he had been at her side, and how long she had been here. She rested her hand gently atop his red mane of hair as she closed her eyes to sleep again.

She was awoken again by Assaou. She looked to where Eldar'o had been, and found him gone, most likely having been ordered out by the healer. He asked her several questions while removing her dressings and examining her injuries, which she was forced to either nod or shake her head to after finding it hurt too much to try talking. He informed her there was no shame in the pain she experienced as he applied a new, clean dressing and then demanded she drink medicine he'd brewed. After swallowing the bitter tea Assaou had seeped for her, he advised she sleep again. She nodded and was very nearly asleep already as she heard the familiar footsteps of Eldar'o re-entering the room she was in, and be it dream or reality, a smile crossed her pale lips.

The next time she was awoken was to an unfamiliar voice shouting demands outside in the village center. She groaned and turned her head toward the open window, and saw Eldar'o standing at it and looking out into the open area. He looked at her as he heard her stir and she saw a smile like the dawning sun break out on his face, and she couldn't help but return a smile of her own. She took as deep a breath as her bindings and pain would allow, and asked in a whisper, "What happens in our village Eldar'o?"

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Eldar'o was awakened by the yelling in the village square. A men atop a horse cursed and yelled at the villager's around him. He was evidently armed, a pistol was on his hip. He threatened to take ten Outcasts, if we did not forfeit one that stole a pig.

There was a bloody bandage on the Militiaman's shoulder.

From behind him, he heard Mosi, whom had not spoken for a day, whisper to him "What happens in our village, Eldar'o?"

Turning from the window, Eldar'o looked at Mosi, who was sitting up on her elbows with a pained look on her otherwise perfect face The sunlight coming in through the open window filtered into Mosi's hair and gace it a golden hue, highlighting every raven black hair. The sight of her warmed the anger that had built up inside of him and he couldn't help but smile widely. Eldar'o knew that this was the happiest moment of his life.

Then, the question she had asked sank in and he replied "There is a militiaman in the town square, he demands we give over a hog thief or he will take 10 of us in recompense. The hog thief is undoubtedly that reckless boy Elder Cheveyo took under his wing, he will not give him up."

Eldar'o shook his head in weariness "Stay here, my love, I must go and speak with this man, before he takes so many of our people out of spite."

The Outcast crossed the room to where a small dresser held blankets, spare clothing and other such things and withdrew a second blanket. He laid it over Mosi, letting his hand linger on hers, before he turned and left the room. He exitted Assaou's hut in a hurry, telling Assaou of the problem as he passed.

Stepping out, into the daylight, Eldar'o took his sword, from where he had laid it on the table outside Assaou's hut. Assaou sometimes sat outside at the table and smoked a foul smelling substance that somehow calmed his nerves.

Eldar'o did not sheath his sword, but instead kept it in his hand, if it resorted to violence, he would be ready for it.

There was so much tension in the air, you could cut it with a knife, as Eldar'o stepped into the town square and addressed the Militiaman "There is no call to be doing anything rash. You have no reason to threaten my people, calm yourself and we can have dinner together, warrior."

DeletedUser

I heard the militia officer that chased me announcing that he wanted me or ten of my people. I saw Eldar'o talking to him. I walked up to him the crowd cleared for me to pass.

"I broke no laws. Not of the people that matter. You chased me and would have used lethal force. So that was the grounds for injuring you. I killed not your deer. I am a hunter I no how to maim or kill creatures. Show us the carcass and we will examine to see who killed it. I stole not the hog. I did not lie. I did hunt this creature in the woods. So you see you cannot arrest or kill me. Leave now for The People will not greet you with open arms again." As I finished the crowd began to murmur.

DeletedUser13682

The time was getting close. Just another minute, and justice would be served. "One minute! You'd better hurry! Would you really allow 10 of your people to be arrested, because you are a coward?" About 10 seconds before the deadline, a man came up to him with unsheathed sword. He walked up to Roland, who was about to draw his revolver, when the person invited him to dinner. "Well, I would like to come to dinner, and it would be good to explain in greater detail why the boy is being arrested, but I do demand that the pig thief be kept in my sight the entire time. I don't want him to escape. Justice must be served. Certainly you people believe in justice, am I not mistaken?" Roland got off the horse, and was about to tie it off to a tree, when the pig thief came along, trying to act like a brave warrior, with years of experience under his belt.

"Well, well, well, lookie who we got here. Just in time. You did break the laws. You killed a mount of the militia, you tried to kill a militiaman, you stole from a farm, and you don't call that breaking the law? I would not have used lethal force. You stole a pig, you didn't kill a family. All you had to do was return the pig, have a trial, and sit in a jail cell for a week or two, and then you could return to the Outcasts. But you're young, and don't use your head. You put yourself in grave danger. Now, you'll be spending at least a year and a half, maybe even get hanged, if the judge is harsh. Do I want that? No. Youth is not a sin, it is a condition. If you had been older, then I would want you dead. Be lucky you are young. But, I said before, and I shall say it again. You can get out of it, but you have to pick 10 of the people to take your place. Your choice. Fighting me is not an option, but if you do try and take it, you have a high chance to die. I have been fighting before you were born. I've had to kill warriors with years of experience far beyond yours. Don't make things difficult, and just comply." Roland rummaged around in the saddlebag for a moment, before pulling out a sturdy rope, made exactly for tying people up.

DeletedUser

Eldar'o's hate was drained, the revival of Mosi had destroyed the hatred festering deep in his heart, a least for now. Her awakening had been like a tonic to cure a stomach ache, suddenly, he didn't have the urge to strangle the man in front of him, but was stll leery of what he may do.

The foolish child of Cheveyo came up then, he spoke as if he were the war chief, boasted of how the man couldn't take him away. Eldar'o noticed that Chua Cheveyo merely stood, with his arms crossed in front of his broad chest, not stepping in to defend his son, it was time for some tough love.

"Come, brother." Eldar'o clapped a hand to the Militiman's shoulder "We will be eating shortly."

Eldar'o took keen note of the stout length of rope in the Militiaman's hands. He sat a palm on the rope "You will not be needing that for a few hours. I do not object to the boy's punishment, but he must eat."

DeletedUser

Name: James "Headhunter" McTravis

Physical Description: James stands around 6'1, and weighs around 210 pounds. He wears a pair of black denim pants, with plates on the shins and knees. He wears a brown leather belt that has holsters for his gun. The belt buckle is a worn down, scratched, and scarred Misfits skull. He wears a Slayer t-shirt that is worn down and ripped. Over that, he wears a black leather jacket which are decorated in patches of former heavy metal bands and plating. He sports a red goatee and red hair, which is knotted in a ponytail. He also sports a scar across his left eye which was bestowed upon him in a fight with one of his Slaver brothers. He wears twin bullet belts across his chest, and carrys his rifle in a holster on his back.

Personality: Very hostile, cocky. He is nice to people he likes, but then again, as hostile as he is, he doesn't like alot of people. He also treats women with a form of honor. He does not believe in "playing with the meat" as some of his other Slaver brothers do.

Faction: Slaver

Weapons: A short-sword with a dragon shaped guard on it. He also wields a Ruger P90 and a Remington 700.

Class: Raiders

Class/Faction Type format test: Your nothing but a piece of meat to me.

DeletedUser25825

Name: Adin Trilawnee

Physical Description
: Adin stands 6'3 and weighs 170 lbs. She ties her long brown hair back in an intricate braid, which hangs out from beneath her stetson. It is hard to tell if her light brown complexion is because of "sun time" or heritage. She wears leather boots, jeans, a dust-stained white cotton button up shirt, leather gloves, a long brown leather duster, a pair of spectacles with circular rose-colored lenses, and a brown stetson.

Personality
: Adin is an easy person to get along with. She is a known hard worker and seems to have a special affinity with animals, which has helped her family become well-respected livestock ranchers in Cold Cape. She is also known to have a wild side and the blood of an adventurer, which kin associate with being raised by Outcasts. Though loyal to her kin, she has disappeared with her horse, Jasper, for days at a time only to return bearing some previously unknown treasure from the past. Though many have attempted to track her, they have yet to find where she goes. Most figure she makes trades with other societies, and since she gives no response to the claim, it's accepted as so.

Faction: Cold Cape

Weapons
: Adin carries; a Sawed-off Pump Action Mossberg 500 with a pistol grip in a harness off her back with a left handed draw as her primary weapon, a .357 GP-100 Ruger Revolver in an underarm holster below her right arm, and a Bowie Knife in a sheath on her left hip.

Class: Rough Neck

Class/Faction Type format test
: Never put off for tomorrow that which can be accomplished today.

Adin found herself enjoying the wind roaring in her ears and hair that had escaped from beneath her stetson as she galloped down the dirt lane on Jasper's back. She'd taken a job to find some wayward cattle who'd sprung themselves from another family's homestead, and had spent her day weaving her way through the dense forest growth to the northwest of Cold Cape. Though she'd found no trace as of yet, she felt Jasper certainly earned the right to flex out his muscles as it were. It, of course, helped that she loved to ride fast. She laughed, thoroughly enjoying herself, as she leaned into Jasper's galloping turn around a bend in the path. Jasper continued to pound forward as she descried the Prescott homestead up ahead with several of the family members out in the field. She reigned Jasper into a canter, headed down the lane, and as she neared the laboring family she slowed Jasper further into a walk.

She reigned Jasper to a halt as they were next to Rosy, Holly, and Matthew who waved at her. Though she had never had personal trade dealings with the Prescotts, she knew her Uncle Gavon spoke of them often. She smiled easily and grabbed the front brim of her hat while nodding at the three. "Howdy folks", she greeted them. She adjusted herself on her saddle, before leaning forward slightly to clap Jasper on his neck. "Out picking your harvest eh? Soon enough, I'd wager our families will be trading again." She straightened in her saddle before continuing, "I have to say that your harvest is always a welcome sight. My Uncle Gavon trades with those Misties, and they have nothing on y'all." She grabbed the pommel of her saddle for support as she swung down out of the saddle.

She bit the fingertips of her leather gloves to tug them away from each hands' fingers so she could remove her gloves entirely. She leaned against the fence as the three approached her. She looked at each, noting the slight difference in one of the girls, as she continued to smile happily at them. Her eyes wandered to the baskets of corn they'd been filling. "I'll tell you what. I have a hankering for some corn, and have some trade right here if you can spare say ten ears." She reached into the pockets of her duster.

She first removed a small piece of glass from a pocket. She removed her rose-colored spectacles and held the small disk of clear glass up near her eye, which caused it to appear much larger than it really was. She laughed easily and blinked several times as she lowered it and put her spectacles back on. "I have no idea what you call it, but it's interesting I think. Oh! And this," she transferred the glass to her right palm and pulled a small silver bar out of her left pocket and held it up between two fingers. She turned it sideways and revealed a piece of wood with multiple slots was between two outer thin slivers of silver metal. She placed it against her lips and exhaled, which caused the contraption to make a horrible noise. Jasper whinnied and snorted at the ruckus. She looked over her shoulder at him and laughed musically, shrugged and looked back at the Prescotts while placing it next to the piece of glass in her outstretched hand. "So, you think any of this is fair trade? Or do you want boring old gold?" So saying, she reached into her pocket and pulled out a single gold coin.

DeletedUser

"Slime!" I screamed. "You come into The Peoples land, call me a child, and threaten us. Your head will hang from a poll your organs will smear the ground..." I ranted on as my hunting buddies and friends came up to my side and drew their guns. "You will leave this place or the Outcasts will make sure your own blood is the last thing you ever see. Leave now or the Outcasts will kill you and kill you all. If those Slavers can invade your city we can too and if we do your city will fall." Since these militia had not yet been home they hadn't heard about the attack and were shocked. Also some looked a little nervous. "And another thing you have a warrant for my arrest I assume but do you have one to enter our city? NO! So you will leave or die." By now some of the Outcasts were riled up some with me and few against. I was pretty popular among the children and up and coming among the adults. "So if you wish to fight an army with your weak militia go but if you do Mist Terrace will fall and burn at my hands."

DeletedUser

"YOU will be quiet, child!" Eldar'o yelled over the beginning ruckus. Stepping betwen the Militiaman and the small crowd of young people. Eldar'o spread his hands out before him "You are young and reckless, you will one day regret these outbursts of yours, Dylan!"

Eldar'o's patience was spreading thin for the reckless Dylan, who was putting the entire village at risk, because of his poor impulse control. If this Militiaman didn't return to Cold Cape, they would send a search party and a band of half men half boys wouldn't be able to defeat a trained military force, like that of the Militia.

"Do you realise what you are doing?!" Eldar'o yelled at the group of young people "Will you throw away more then ten winters of training, because you will not take a punishment as a man would?!"

These boys were young, like Dylan, aswell as hot headed "You will be quiet, NOW! Run back to your homes, before you bite off more then you can chew!"

DeletedUser

Kalor was quite proud of himself, since he has accomplished a great task. He had gathered large number of Slavers on Slaver island, and they were now under his direct command. He had also secured a large number of boats to use during the operation. The Slavers would be able to provide their own weapons, food and supplies. Most impressive, he had done it all by the sheer power of communication, getting the word out about his plan, and using the money he had made off the recent raid. Now, it was just a matter of time before his plans were finalized. He gazed at his map of Golden Reach, drawing battle plans on it. Soon, the Slaver nation would have it's revenge on the Outcasts.

DeletedUser13682

"Of course, dinner first," Roland said, while in the process of putting the rope back in the saddlebag. "Would you excuse me a minute, while I hitch my horse? Thank ya kindly." Roland lead the horse to a nearby tree, and tied it up to the trunk. "Now, you be good for uncle Roland, while I have dinner. Here, have a sugar cube." Roland pulled a fair sized hunk of sugar out of one of his pockets, and gave it to the horse, which for now was called Molly (Author's Note: The name Molly was not the choice of Roland. The real owner of the horse, the one that Roland is borrowing her from, with permission, named it Molly. Had it been up to Roland, she would have been named Fury, Swifty, or James Carl Kilpatrick the third. Many people have speculated that if we knew exactly why Roland would even consider considering that name, we would know a lot more about the nature of the universe than we do now.), and then walked back over to the peaceful warrior. Of course, before he was able to say anything, the kid interrupted, and started insulting him.

"Boy, if you think that you, and a few children can kill me, I hope you believe in God, for you certainly will be heading in his direction. I, personally could kill you with a quick stab from my knife, but will I? I hope I won't, but your outbursts are starting to get tiring. Please, just wait with the kind man over there, and maybe you can learn some manners. Respect your elders, show some respect for your people, and stop making them look bad. One more thing, go ahead and burn Mist Terrace. I don't care about that place, they don't care about us. That's why we revolted, and began a new life in Cold Cape. Honestly, I think you would be the perfect person to destroy Mist Terrace, so why don't you go ahead, plan out your attack, and execute like the rattler." The peaceful warrior stepped in, admonishing the boy for recklessness, and sending him back to his tent. "Thank you sir," Roland said, after the boy had grumbled and walked back to what was presumed to be his tent. "Children, sometimes I think they're God's punishment for the wrongs we've done. But there are good children out there, somewhere. Well, at least that's what I believe. Tell me, does that boy have a history of drinking? A boy just like him was very rash and violent, because he enjoyed partaking of the whiskey in doc's medicinal cabinet."

DeletedUser

"Yes Eldar'o" I said when he told me to leave. But then the officer started calling me a drunkard. I knew this time I would have to control my temper. "Yes sir I know you don't care about Mist Terrace but some of your people do and if there's one thing I've learned about war strategy it's that if I can burn trade routes I should. You would lose a major economic project with them gone. And I'm not a drunk don't call me that again." I finished with a snarl and walked back to my tent.

DeletedUser

Eldar'o listened through Dylan's outburst with mixed emotions. One side of him said, the boy was being obtuse and purposefully stirring a glowing ember into a raging wildfire, but the other couldn't help but notice the boy's inward fight to keep his temper in check. The Outcast was proud of the boy at that moment and was hoping that this was the beginning of a new Dylan Dark.

This was the way it was in an Outcast village, because everyone worked in synchornization, everyone had to know their place. It was the job of the entire tribe to raise the young ones, becase each of the children would need to interface properly with everyone in the village. Otherwise, their village paradise would be turned into a place like Mist Terrace, where there was crime and filth.

Chua Cheveyo was proud of his son and smiling widely, as Eldar'o slapped the Militiaman on the shoulder and motioned for the pair to speak to Elder Cheveyo. Eldar'o bowed, as he came nito the presence of Chua Cheveyo "I have invited this man to feast with us, this night, before he leaves. I pray I have not chosen wrongly."

"No, Eldar'o Conodor, no man, no matter his mission, will leave on an empty stomach." Cheveyo nodded "I know you have pressing concerns elsewhere, warrior, you may go about them, if you so choose. I will accompany four friend, the Militiaman about our humble village."

"Thank you, Eldar Cheveyo." Eldar'o bowed again, to both parties, as he dismissed himself.

With a heavy worry lifted from his shoulders, Eldar'o sheathed his blade, within sight of the Militiaman, a signal of trust among his people. Eldar'o was still wary, however, there was no telling what this Militiaman would do, for all Eldar'o knew, he had just let a murderer into their midst. However, it had, at the last, been Elder Cheveyo's orders that allowed the man to stay and not Eldar'o's. That made him feel better.

Allaou was sitting outside his hut, at the table Eldar'o had left his blade before. This time, he had one of the foul smelling cigars in his mouth and was puffing contentedly. He spoke, as Eldar'o took his blade from his back and sat it back down on the table "You handled that rather nicely, warrior. I would suggest you go attend to your friend, she may be worried about the outcome of the events."

"I was just about to go and see her." Eldar'o replied, as he sat his weapon down onto the table "Thank you for all you've done for her."

"It is my duty to the people." Assaou flung over his shoulder, as the Outcast disappeared into the darkness of the hut.

Eldar'o was made hapier still, by the form of Mosi laying on the cot, waiting for him. He sat where he had been the past night "That boy of Cheveyo's has stolen a hog and attacked a militiaman. He is going to get a winter and a half, if Elder Cheveyo and I cannot talk the Militiaman into something less harsh."

DeletedUser25825

Mosi closed her eyes and rested her head back against the pillow. "There is much to be learned by that youth of the proper ways." She smiled briefly while continuing, "He is full of fire and reminds me of a pair of young warriors of the past." She opened one eye, glancing at Eldar'o to note if he knew she referred to them both during their training. The blush on the warrior's cheeks answered her question, and she smiled more widely before closing her eye again.

"Do you remember the time we stole those chestnuts from Bimise Dae? The ones he had worked SO hard to gather for the Feast of Autumn?" She laughed, placed her hands on her abdomen and groaned, but continued laughing as she opened her eyes to look at Eldar'o. "Like either of us could forget THAT lesson. I don't think either of us were able to sit for a week after my father caught us." Mosi sighed and continued to look at Eldar'o.

She turned her attention to the ceiling and smiled, "Dylan will learn. I have great confidence in Cheveyo's ability to talk the Cold Cape lawman down from his anger with the moment. If Dylan is capable of keeping his mouth shut." She returned her attention to Eldar'o. "It's always been his style to speak without thought. Someday, and maybe this is that day, the lesson of thought will be learned. If not", she shrugged her slender shoulder, "then maybe Dylan was not meant to be with the People after all." She frowned at what she had said, but it was the truth of the matter.

She sighed again and shook her head, "I must learn how to dodge better. It is quite an inconvenience to be stuck here. I must speak with Assaou about when I may leave here." She shifted gingerly towards her side to face Eldar'o, but shook her head and stayed on her back. "I feel like a newborn babe. Here, but useless."

DeletedUser13682

Roland shook his head, and laughed. "Boy, if you don't want to be thought of as a drunk, then don't act like a drunk." Then the boy left, and Roland was lead to what was assumed to be one of the elders, as the warrior bowed before him. "Well, thank ya kindly for the meal. I do appreciate it. Almost makes me regret having to take one of your boys. But then I remember my deer, and my shoulder, doc said it would be a little stiff for a few months to a year, I remember why I have to. I have to come back with the boy, that's the law. And it won't be up to me to decide how long he stays in prison. I hope that there are no hard feelings, I'm only doing my job, following orders. If it were up to me, that boy would have a week at the most, and then be let off with a warning."

The elder then gave Roland a tour of the village. It was a very nice village, a rustic type thing that had some resemblence to Cold Cape. It made sense though, many of the Outcasts were from Cold Cape originally, and were exiled for various crimes. The village was simpler though, resembling more of the old Indian villages that early pioneers from Cold Cape encountered. "Sir, I enjoy your village very much, but there is not much time left for my stay. I have to return with the boy soon," Roland said to the elder. "Again, I thank you for recieving me with open arms, even though I am about to take one of your boys away. But he is a troublemaker, and if shooting other people is his idea of fun, it may be for the best. I do not know him though, so maybe he just made a mistake. But even mistakes must be paid for."