The Golden Reach

DeletedUser

Kalor gazed upon his handiwork. The burning, crushed buildings spewed smoke and flames, and rivers of blood flowed through the streets. Broken bodies, almost all of them Outcasts, and certainly many more than 56 of them, were thrown everywhere. Several militia and a small number of Slavers were also discernible in the heaps of flesh. True, most of the Outcast village remained intact, but there was certainly enough damage done to leave a lasting mark.

"Cease the attack!", he called out to his men. "The day is won!". The Slavers began their withdrawal, covering each other as the militia advanced. They began boarding their boats, which were barely large enough to hold all of them. They were forced to steal some Outsider boats to get everybody back to Slaver Island. "Not like they'll need so many boats now", thought Kalor. They returned fire at the militia, keeping them suppressed while they boarded.

DeletedUser

"Ha ha!" I said triumphantly. "The Slavers retreat!" I said this to give heart to the children and women even though I knew we may have lost the day. But it wasn't over yet I had a little surprise left for them. As the Slavers took off I saw looks of horror on their faces as my snipers started firing at them many fell but not enough to do real damage. we did manage to sink a few boats by shooting holes in then though. "See Slavers" My friends and I yelled from the edge even in the end the Outcasts will win!" I saw some trying to swim to our shore because it was closer but my friends helped me shoot them down. In fact we shot down as many Slavers that could swim as possible but, still a great number got away. "Let them go. They can warn the others the Outcasts are not to be messed with!" I finished triumphantly before turning to survey the damage. It was almost to much to bear. Then I saw my father lying dead a small club still clenched in his fist. "No. No oh no!" But even as I spoke I heard his weak cough He wasn't dead yet. "Come my son." He said weakly. "Come closer and listen well."

"Yes father."

"You did well to protect what you could today. And I am proud of you."

"Yes father." I said knowing that I had wanted to here those words my whole life. But not like this.

"You are now a man of The People" He said. That's right I thought to myself. It's past midnight on my 19th birthday. I am a man. Drawing quick shallow breaths he finished. "And you must do one thing I have always failed to do."

"What?" I cried out hysterically.

"Find me *violent cough* a good replacement."

"Yes father" I said as life left his body and his spirit emptied it forever more. I carried his body to a place it would get trampled or burned and then realized there would be time for grieving later. We spent the long hours of the morning putting out fires and piling the dead and finding the missing. Seeing how high the dead pile was was very sad. I them went into the woods and retrieved the women and children that hadn't fought. There was much crying but I realized what we had to do. I stood up on a crate and spoke:
"Outcasts off this land." I started loudly to get attention. "We will grieve later. But we must now rebuild our empire. In the memory of the dead and in good will of the living." I saw the militia men leaving. "But we can't let this go unpunished. The Slavers think this day will go down in history. But not as a victory for them. But as the start of a revolution a revolution of a time that is slave and Slaver free! And before I go to serve my sentence I would like you to know that my father, Elder Chua Chevyo, is dead. And he tasked me to find his replacement. Now we need to do this. Also we must thank our new found friends the Cold Cape militia for their many sacrifices for our village and men. But we must now ask a important question." I said as I turned to face the militia captain. The very same one that was in a minute going to arrest me. "Will you join the revolution?"

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25825

Mosi gazed into Eldar'o's eyes while smiling at him as he rested his hand gently upon her stomach. She was ready to talk, say something of what she'd sensed was occurring between the two, when a dull thump sounded near the shore line. She frowned slightly, turning her attention toward the window, when the world exploded around them and blackness consumed her as the concussion of the bomb slammed into them both.

She next became aware of floating through the night time with heat, sweat, screams, the smell of blood, clatter of gunfire, and hair raising cries of blood lust as her only companions in her state of semi-consciousness. She idly wondered if she had died, and this was some form of hell she'd entered, until the floating sensation quickly became more of a jostling, jarring sensation as she slowly came to realize she was being bodily carried by Eldar'o, who was tiring under her weight and the conditions surrounding them.

She weakly raised her arm and wrapped it around his straining neck to help support him in his flight from whatever situation was occurring with their village. The warrior in her screamed in fury, but her weak, wounded body refused to act as she was carried like a newborn babe away from where she needed to be for the People. She pressed her face into the heaving chest of Eldar'o as he continued to run.

The screams began to grow distant, the gunfire sporadic, and still her Eldar'o ran. She sensed and felt his strength ebbing, but the flight she felt he must make with her was not yet completed. Even as she felt his first stumbling steps, she leaned upwards, ignoring the agonizing pain pulsing through her torso, and whispered five simple words to her warrior. Though she did not open her eyes, she knew his smile, even after all the sorrow they had been through, was breaking out on his handsome face as she felt his steps become sure again and their flight continue.

She sighed softly, pressed her face against his chest once more as she allowed the unconsciousness to retake her.

DeletedUser

Kalor and his men sailed off, triumphant. Today had been a historic day for Slaver nation, as another race had been taught a lesson in what happens to those who mess with Slavers. "We can all benefit from this", he thought. "We get our revenge, the Outcasts get a lesson they won't soon forget, and everybody else can look at them and have a fair warning". With that, he had another realization.

He got up on the bow of his boat, and said to his men, "there is yet another way in which this day will benefit us! Before today, Slaver nation was a loosely-affiliated group of men who lived together only as business partners. Today, we have formed a union, and Slaver nation is, for the first time, truly a nation. Now, men who were once reluctant to join us will join our ranks gladly. Henceforth, we shall be feared not because we are savage predators, but because we are a strong, unified force!

Cheers erupted once more from the Slavers. This time, they were not cheers of psyche, but of rejoice and anticipation.

DeletedUser

"ALL HAIL KALOR!!!" James yelled. He stood up amongst his boat and gave a salute to Kalor, as did the rest of the men. James was no leader. He was a fighter. But Kalor unified them. He brought them together.

"Today men, we celebrate victory and we celebrate the Slaver nation. But we also celebrate the man who unified us. Kalor!" James said. Before he could go on, cheers erupted as soon as he said Kalor's name. He lifted his arms up as to silence the boats to let him speak.

"Kalor, all of us here are your men. You are our commander. We shall follow you into battle, and kill if need be. I am your man, and so if everybody here. All hail!!!" James yelled out.

"ALL HAIL!!!" the rest of the slavers yelled out to their new commander.

DeletedUser

It started to rain, late in the evening. The ground became muddy and each step felt like ten. With each heavy pelt Eldar'o felt on his skin, it seemed as though the earth itself laughed at his plight. It grew cold, as the night dragged on, so cold the mudpuddles began to freeze over at the edges, Eldar'o feared mostly for Mosi. If it got much colder, she would surely catch some sort of illness, one that would surely take her from him.

Eldar'o's footsetps began to come heavier. The strain of the past day was written clearly across his face. Though it was cold, sweat began to roll down his forehead, turning his rusty hair a dark brown.

But, most of the strain was in his mind. The village lay in ruins somewhere behind him, the slavers took what they wanted and destroyed the rest. It was entirely possible, that Eldar'o and Mosi were the only two free Outcasts left in Golden Reach. No matter how hard he tried, Eldar'o could not banish the horrors he hadwitnessed this night, from his thoughts. Women, children and men, laying in spreading pools of crimson. The smell of burning flesh still hung in Eldar'o's nostrils, reminding him pointedly of the night. Innocents, murdered for no reason, other then a few Slavers could not curb their bloodlust.

Eldar'o's mind continually revealed, causing him to physically slow, from his frantic run to the south. His thoughts were jumbled and at many points he cried great tears, believing that Mosi had died in his arms, only to find that her heartbeat was strong. This was how it was in Golden Reach, a constant struggle for survival. A constant stream of killing, death and heartache, with only temporary reprieves, as he had had with Mosi, just before the first grenades soared of the walls.

Just when Eldar'o felt all of his courage, strength and fortitude leaving him, and the onslaught of hoplessness began to overtake him, Mosi reached up and clasped either side of his face. She pressed her lips against his ear and said the words he had longed for his entire life. Before she lapsed back into unconsciousness, falling back into his arms.

A great weight was lifted off of his shoulders and this time, happy tears streamed down his face, as he hugged her tightly to himself. Mosi was not as cold as Eldar'o had feared, the blankets and her own condition kept her warmer then he, but she was still cold, too cold.

As if by magic, his steps came stronger and he was able to clear his mind of the night's turmoil, to focus on what needed to be done to survive. It was still many hours before dawn and if Eldar'o continued running, they would not survive the night. It was too cold.

Looking around, Eldar'o found himself in a clearing, somewhere in the ncharted woodlands south of the Outcast village. There was no people down this far, only wild game and forest and that made Eldar'o feel better about his decision. He walked to a great evergreen tree that reached far into the air. He pushed his way through the ly branches of the tree until he came out in a natural chamber, made by the tree's sloping down to the ground.

There ground here was softer, having had many years of pine needles and bows laying on the ground. It was also warmer here, no rain had gotten through the tangle of branches above their heads. Using his moccasin clad feet, Eldar'o kicked much of the pine needles together into a big pile, large enough for two people. Gently, he laid Mosi's limp body down onto the bed, plumping up much of the outer blanket to create a pillow.

It was cosy under the great tree, but Eldar'o knew he must make a fire. The Outcast went to the other side of the great pine and jumped into the air, grabbing a smaller branch he pulled down with all of his strength. The branch snapped and Eldar'o took it around to Mosi. He snapped it in many pieces and used the needles littering the floor as kindling. There was soon a small fire crackling in their new home.

Eldar'o's clothes were wet and they were making him grow colder by the moment. He took the moccasins off and laid them by the fire. He took all of his clothing and placed it by the fire, all but the long underwear pants he had on underneath his actual pants.

Mosi wasn't wet, except for the blanket, which was soaked through. With a regretful sigh, Eldar'o took the blanket from the unconscious Mosi and draped it over a branch above the fire. Eldar'o went to her and laid down. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders and held her close to him, as the darkness around him began to go black and wakefulness was replaced by sleep.

DeletedUser

For the first time in his life, Kalor felt like a true leader. The small army beneath him chanted his name, filling him with pride. He had accomplished a task that would always be remembered by all of Golden Reach. Most of the Outcast village was intact, but the Outcasts' will to fight, so he believed, was not. According to his headcount, only 13 Slavers had died in the recent battle. However, at least a hundred Outcasts and several militia had been felled. It was indeed a total victory, but Kalor knew that he could not have done it without the valiant men who had fought with him.

"Gentlemen", he said, quieting the crowd, "As you know, we have won what may have been the greatest victory in Golden Reach's history, and I couldn't have done it without you. You volunteered for what shaped up to be this grand battle, and fought gallantly. I could go on and on about what a great job we did, but I can't say anything you haven't already heard. Now is a time for celebration. Once we've dropped off our bounty at the mainland base, we sail for Wescot City for beer and wenches".

The Slavers cheered louder than ever, drowning out anything else Kalor may have had to say. True to his word, after the slaves were dropped off, they sailed up the river and beached their boats when they could sail no more. It was a short walk to Wescot City, and once they arrived, they got right down to hovering about the countless pubs and brothels of the city.

DeletedUser13682

The slavers were leaving, and they were celebrating. Today, the slavers had sucker punched the Outcasts, butchered innocent people, razed half the village to the ground. And now they were celebrating this butchering. It was senseless violence, for no reason whatsoever. By this time, most of the militiamen were heading back to Cold Cape, bringing the dead and injured with them. "Wait, send this message to the Captain." Roland headed the last militiaman a hastily written note, the only response he got from the militiaman was a weary nod. Out of the 40 men that had came today, 18 were dead, another 4 were injured, apparently for nothing, they were too late to stop the violence. Roland walked back into the remains of the town, planning to help out any way he could. Passing by the village center, he saw the boy Dylan talking to the people.

Roland listened through the fairly short speech, until he turned to Roland, and asked if he would join the revolution. Roland got up on the crate, and also spoke out to the Outcasts. "People who have been exiled from Cold Cape. I regret to inform you that the heroic acts of the militia were one time things. They will not come back again, especially after their heavy losses. But know this, I will join you in destroying the slavers. Slavery is a vile practice that must be wiped off this planet, and if they can do this to a town, and celebrate afterwords, well, that's all the more reason to end the slavers." Roland then turned to Dylan, and announced, "Boy, soon, Cold Cape will record that you died in a battle against slavers. You fought heroicly, and any relatives you have left are welcome to return to Cold Cape, if they wish. You will be awarded a medal posthumously, and will be remembered for your part against slavery. As of now, you are a free man. You fought beautifully earlier, and would be proud to have you fight by my side." Roland offered his hand to Dylan, to shake.

DeletedUser

James downed his beer and walked over to Kalor's table in the bar. He sat down and handed him a mug of beer. "Kalor, if I may, I wish to speak with you," James said.

James sat down in the chair across from Kalor. He spoke in a soft voice, loud enough for Kalor to hear, but not enough for passerbys.

"Kalor, the attack was incredible. It has given slavers a new vigor. New courage and power. All of us here wish for you to bring us into a new age," James said. He looked around then back at Kalor. "We want to rebel. We want to make a new Slaver nation. With YOU as our leader. You have the skill. You have the smarts. The men here will die for you. I'm one of the most experienced here and I know you can change the Slaver way. I will die for you my friend. I am a soldier. I have smarts, I've survived countless battles and raids. You, you can help us change. We can take over, we can became a power here in Golden Reach. A far greater power. What do ya say to that my friend?"

DeletedUser

Kalor heard James' speech, and replied, "James, it may be all this beer, but I think you're onto something. True, the guildmaster's ways have made us weak. If we followed them exactly, none of us would have survived the battle". He took another swig of beer. "Think of the wonders we could achieve! Lower tariffs for our Slavers, better quality control for our slaves, and best of all, a unified Slaver nation that all will know and fear!". He realized that he was speaking almost loudly enough for others to hear, and lowered his voice. "We could easily overthrow the guildmasters, but we'll need more men and some time. Most of all, we'll have to wait for our men to sober up and finish with their wenches. Once that's done, we'll head for Slaver Island to prepare". He finished his beer, and went about planning his next big event.

DeletedUser

I heard the man accept my offer and say many kind things then offer me his hand. I replied. "Welcome to the revolution." As I shook his hand and cheers went up. "But preparations can wait until morning. Anyone in need of sleep is welcome to it. Anyone who would like to help rebuild come with me."

DeletedUser

Once the last Slavers were sober and done with their wenches, they piled back onto the boats and sailed for Slaver island. There was scarcely a man not hung over among their ranks. Regardless, once they landed on Slaver Island, they got right down to converting the Slaver outpost into a base of operations. More Slavers, attracted by Kalor's ideas of lower tariffs and other measures that would put more coins in their coffers, eagerly joined the revolutionary force. Of course, he was sure to keep a low profile, to ensure that the guildmasters did not receive word of their inevitable fate.

DeletedUser25825

Mosi woke with a start, escaping the nightmare of the previous evening, to the smell of pine and smoke. She opened her eyes and looked at the unfamiliar surroundings. Her immediate reaction to sit up tensed her muscles just enough to provide a painful reminder that she was not in the condition to do so. It was cooler here, darkness had set in, but she was warm. A small pile of embers proved to be the source of the smell of smoke, and large, burly arms enveloping were the source of the added warmth she felt.

She shifted slightly, smirking at the slumber-filled snort of Eldar'o, as he squeezed his arms a bit tighter around her. Apparently, even in sleep, he was not going to release her any time in the near future. She found herself not really minding, but she did wish to stoke the fire some more. Eldar'o had sought shelter within the boughs of a large pine tree, and there was a dankness to the air that could lead to wet lung. She gently pried his fingers away from where they rested upon her side, and chose several sticks Eldar'o had gathered into a small nearby pile.

She tossed a few onto the embers, and rested her head back down on the outstretched arm of Eldar'o as she stared into the flames that quickly erupted to consume the wood. She could not envelop her mind around what was nightmare, and what was reality in regard to the village they had been forced to take flight from. She could not accept that she was not part of the defense of the People. It was easy to believe she was too injured to have provided anything but another corpse to be forgotten, but she was a warrior who had allowed herself to be weakened and it did not matter that it was in previous battle. She failed the People and there was nothing but atonement on her mind.

She squeezed her eyes shut as tears stung her eyes and traveled down her cheeks. She sniffed and ran her hand under her nose. She knew the path before her, but to take it would be dangerous. She had pledged herself to Eldar'o and knew that his feelings would keep him at her side if she asked, but this was something that he had to choose on his own and not something she had the right to ask.

She sighed and snuggled back against Eldar'o and tried to sleep again.

DeletedUser

Brad knew the other slavers had plans for Golden Reach but he had a diffrent plan. Burn Cold Cape to the ground. Brad had been exiled from Cold Cape at age 15 when he had shot a milita that had tried to kill his brother in a bar. Instead of being captured he ran off and the slavers took him in a changed his ways and adopted Assalt rifles and other items forbidden in Cold Cape. He sat near two other slavers downing beer and said with a soft voice. " Why get the hardest prey when there is a hold nation to pick out of. Sides, I need to revenge this. " He pointed at his bandaged soulder. " And I also need to revenge on the little brat who did this. " Brad took a swig of beer.

DeletedUser

As I cleaned up I knew that I had to start planning. I began gathering warriors and strategists. "We need to start planning an attack on their smallest base." I stated while swiping bugs away from my face. We were in my father's old house and the roof had been burned down and not yet repaired. The majority of the damage was to structure though. Most of our food supply was still intact. "This is going to be difficult but we can make it work." Rally the troops! We're going in."

DeletedUser

Kalor marveled at the base being built on Slaver Island. The array of docks that served as the island's port were being expanded and upgraded, to support the Slaver nation's navy that would soon be commissioned. Already, boats were being equipped with armored hulls for dominating the seas. He saw the sentry towers and armories being built, intended to house and secure the arsenal that would be built there in the future. Many buildings had been converted into barracks to house the army that was gathering on the island. It would only be a matter of days, he imagined, before he had enough men to execute his next big plan. He had an idea to move the slave stockades to another island, but for the moment, he had bigger fish to fry. The thought of fried fish made him hungry, despite being a metaphor.

DeletedUser

The black curtain between wakefulness and sleep was pulled back just enough for Eldar'o to realise that Mosi had moved, since he had fallen into his slumber. While fighting back the clutches of sleep, Eldar'o managed to crack an eye open and look around. There was a great warmth across his back, which told him that Mosi had stoked the fire, the crackling of the new wood as it burnt added a cozy feeling to their home under the tree.

Just as the black fingers began to filter back into his vision and he felt sleep making another grab for his mind, he felt Mosi lay her head against him and felt warm tears on her face. That woke him up enough to wrap a protective arm around her shoulders again and hold her close. Suddenly, with the creeping tendrils of sleep gone, Eldar'o understood why she was silently crying. He hugged her tighter and let her cry.

He lay there for a long time, just holding her, his mind drifting backwards through time. He allowed his mind to run over each look, every touch and thought of his life and it all screamed how much he cared for the woman in his arms this night. He felt her pain inside himself, but the words she had spoken to him, through last night's trials had mended something inside of him, at least for now. His feelings of love for Mosi overwhelmed those of pain for The People. It made Eldar'o all the more thankful for Mosi.

It was an hour later that he reached a hand down and cupped Mosi's face. Eldar'o smiled at her, before saying "Whatever you decide, I will follow, my dear Mosi."

DeletedUser

OCC: C'mon guys, this is a great RP. Let's not let it die!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sitting in the building that Kalor had converted into his headquarters, he contemplated the situation at hand. He knew that he was taking a massive risk, but he took comfort in knowing that regardless of whether he succeeded or failed, he would be remembered for generations to come. Suddenly, he was interrupted by one of his underlings. "Sir", the underling began, "am I interrupting anything?"
"If my life counts, then yes, you're interrupting", Kalor replied, bothered by his minion's presence.
"Well... I have news for you", said the underling.
"Then spit it out, don't waste my life!", Kalor ordered, annoyed.
"There's a rumor going around that the Outcasts are planning a counterattack", the underling continued, gingerly.
"Well, I don't follow rumors, but tell the others to be prepared regardless. We can't take any chances."
"Right away, sir", the underling said with a quick salute before dashing off. Kalor got back to his lounging and deep thinking, not giving much credit to the rumor.