The Gods Are Among Us

• Thread starter Deleted User - 819397
  • Start date

DeletedUser

" Now about this war... Im having a hard time who to choose, Ra or Chaos. " Thoth then ate some ribs.

DeletedUser

"Well, Ra is pretty awesome", said Osiris, munching on a rib. "Yeah, he's the god of the sun and... stuff", said Ryan, now wishing he had read Wikipedia's Egyptian Pantheon page in English.

DeletedUser

" Yes, but I have been approched by chaos too. So you might need to do some....Persuading before I choose " Thoth said it with a smirk of humor. Thoth got had gottan another rib and bit off a chunk of meat.

DeletedUser

Wepwawet knocked on the door. "I hope you guys don't mind if I crash the party." he called. "I need to pick a side too, you know!"

DeletedUser

Ma'at/ Faye
While everyone partied on and was acting silly Faye and Ma'at were having a discussion within their mind. It was becoming apparent that mostly everyone else was fully taking over and this worried Faye, but Ma'at assured her she would only take over when she let her. Faye mentally snorted with only half entertained laughter as the ribs were being passed around.

'Are they always this silly Ma'at? They seem instead of Gods more as just a bunch of friends who are hooligans. . . .' Faye thought momentarily taking control and biting her lip.

'Ah yes, I'm not sure what's going on, but maybe they're just trying to be light about things so the darkness we can all feel falling doesn't weigh our hopes down,' Ma'at thought back taking control, and stepping into action as she heard Anhur and Osirus go back and fourth about choosing sides.

Ma'at looked at Osirus disapprovingly before looking to Anhur, saying "Well it isn't just that he is the god of the sun, but this is the side where the goal is the common good, while each god or goddess on the other side would just be in it for themselves. Plus any thing that Apophis would promise would be a lie, and the Chaos alliance would crumble as soon as they won because everyone would be fighting another by that point for control. Nobody woudl get what they wanted," knowing that most like not enough to convince Anhur. She let Faye take over to add with jest, "Plus, this would definitely be the winning side,"

DeletedUser

Osiris looked over at Ma'at and said, "hey Ma'at, could you try not to control my speech, so we don't say things out of character and get confused?"
"As you wish, my devilishly handsome overlord", said Ma'at, as Osiris was returning the gift of speech control.
"As I was saying", Osiris continued, "we have the wicked awesome side, with ribs and stuff."
"Set and Apophis are probably watching Star Trek reruns and drinking soy lattes with their cronies", said Ryan. Not all of the gods knew exactly what Star Trek and soy lattes were, but they laughed anyway. Wepwawet entered, and Osiris welcomed him, saying "always a pleasure, W. Care for a rib?"

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

" Hmmm I have dicided on who to join. " Thoth put down his ribs then whiped his hands and mouth.

DeletedUser

[{lmao, omg I laughed so hard! I'm sorry if I made it unclear but Ma'at was taking control of Faye's body! She never had hold on Osirus, but now I kind of want it to be like that because that was ten times more funny}]

Ma'at/Faye
Ma'at rolled her hosts eyes, which Faye was thinking of any way as Osirus took control of her speech, Faye thinking to Ma'at if the god Osirus had always been so cocky. Faye couldn't help but to take control of her own body again to laugh as Osirus or his host, though she wasn't sure which one, made the crack about Star Trek. This was a lot different what she had expected with Ancient Gods, they were all so modern and carefree, but she couldn't help having a dark feeling in the pit of her stomach as she watched them all laugh

Ma'at's fire entered Faye's eyes as she took over when Toth said he had chosen a side, her face morphing into serious faster then some one clapping their hands. He had said it lightly, in the spirits of the conversation, but Toth could have just as easily chosen the side of Chaos. She looked around at everyone before asking, "Yes, and that would be the side of. . . " with a slight hope in her voice, and the fire, that usually marked her control of her host, tame.

Apophis
The lying God couldn't help but snicker as he felt the high spirits of the party that was going on in Osirus's hosts apartment. He was in Duat, still peeved about Anhur walking away like that, but not wanting to fight him and push him completely to the side of Ra. The god of war was definitely a huge asset in a War amongst the gods, but if worst came to worst, they would have to make due with out him. He stealthily concentrated on all of the gods and their hosts in the apartment, using general emotions that they were giving off that he could sense, to construct what was lightly going on.

'If only Set hadn't made such a silly mistake. . . . ' Apophis thought to himself before being jerked out of his thoughts by Toth notifying that he had chosen a side. This hadn't happened before in the history, and he had a feeling that it wasn't going to be to his liking. Toth was good at concealing things though, so Apophis couldn't pick anything up.

DeletedUser

" I have choosen the side of Ra and his allies. Yes this is the first time I ever joined a side, but yet Ma'at is right, Chaos could be liying. And the best part is Apophis didn't hear that. " Thoth sat down, people watching him in a daze.

DeletedUser

(I know, I was just trying to send the message. I don't like it when people control my character's speech, because they often say and do things my character normally wouldn't.)

Ryan munched on another rib, and said, "I have an idea for a game. It's called "What's Apophis doing right now?". I'll go first: I think Apophis is painting his toenails an alternating pattern of lavender and hot pink right now." He waited for somebody else to pick it up.

DeletedUser

"It was me", said Ryan. "Don't we have different voices or something? Osiris always sounds different in my head." He paused for a moment. "So what do you think Apophis is doing right now?"

DeletedUser13682

"These ribs are good," said Anhur, between bites of fleshy pig. "Though the sauce could use a little more vinegar. I'm just saying." After cleaning a rack of ribs, and drinking a beer he had gotten from the fridge, Anhur joined in. "I think he's trying to find me, maybe even spying on us. I can tell you one thing though, until I pick a side, he won't do anything while I'm around. I can assure you that he will probably come to this party, try talking at least me into joining his side. Set though, I lost him after he shoved me to Alexandria. Did find some good food there, though they've made a joke of the culture we once ruled over. Sad times for Egypt. I think we were better off under the Romans."

Deleted User - 819397

Anubis heard Anhur's thoughts about Egypt and said, "Well, Egypt may have forgotten the old ways, but I do appreciate what they did back before Egypt lost power." He then went over to Thoth and said "Well Thoth, I'm extremely glad you decided to help us out. I'll do my best to keep my promise about the ribs." John said to Anubis You really were serious about that??? Of course I meant it! I haven't told a lie since I was born. Anubis said honestly. Being the bearer of the feather of truth will do that to you.

DeletedUser

Ryan looked at Anubis, who was drinking a beer from the fridge. "Great, first they're trashing my apartment, and now they're raiding my fridge. Archaic gods aren't exactly etiquette experts, are they?", he thought. Osiris overheard the conversation about Egypt, and said, "there was a time when Egypt was the world's most powerful nation. Since then, they have forsaken us, and their power has diminished. Now, they are routinely beaten by a country a fraction of their size."

Deleted User - 819397

Anubis returned to the conversation. "A fraction of their size with a fraction of what Egypt used to have. It is sad, really, what the world itself has fallen to. No nation truly has power anymore. However, that does not give Set and Apophis the right to destroy the world and remake it in their image."

DeletedUser

"If apophis falls set will crumble too. " Thoth attacked the fridge and came back with soda. " This thing the mortals call soda is brilliant!"

Deleted User - 819397

Anubis nodded. "Apophis likely came up with the majority of the plan. Set is more of a mindless destruction kind of guy...especially since he can create deserts the size of the Sahara. Take out Apophis, and Set will only need to be stopped before he decides to turn another massive area of land into a desert."

DeletedUser

" So why are we standing here talking about stuff we already know? Let's party! "