The Gods Are Among Us

• Thread starter Deleted User - 819397
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Thoth looked to see Athos standing there. " Oh great, more people to fight..."

DeletedUser

Ma'at/Faye
Oh, I’m. . . “ Faye started off, about to introduce herself, until who Ma’at told her was Osirus, spoke out with a different tone from his hosts body. She wondered briefly if it was that obvious when the goddess took over her own body, but Ma’at simply shook her head no, telling Faye in her mind that it was apparent that Osisrus’s host had just found the god within himself. Their body closed it’s eyes as the control transitioned from Faye to Ma’at as smooth as ever and the fire returned to their eyes.

Yes well it’s been difficult, I want Faye to be physically well when I leave her body, so my power has a temporary cap on it,” Ma’at explained, walking past Osirus’s host into his home. She looked around the apartment and Faye had the chance to finally explain something to her, that the reason it looked so empty was because it wasn’t ‘lived in yet’, which led both entities of the mind to assume that they had just moved in.

They cooperatively looked back around at Osirus and his host as Ma’at projected an image of what the god would actually look like if not forced into a host body. Faye mentally nodded with understanding.

Deleted User - 819397

Anubis asked John, May I please have full control over your body? Wait, before you protest, I believe I know a way that will not cause undue harm to your body and mind. Once this tragedy is over, I can give you your body back in full. John reluctantly agreed to the plan. Anubis set to work, slowly replacing John's consciousness with his own. When he was done, Anubis stood up. "Now THAT is better." He looked around through the visual Duat and saw Osiris was a short trip away. He turned to Thoth and said, "Please do consider joining us in this fight. We could really use your wisdom, and I promise you a full rack of baby back ribs every night we have barbecue." With that, he hopped through the Duat and appeared outside Osiris' apartment. Kneeling, he knocked.

DeletedUser

Apophis
Apophis had been close to Wadjet when he suddenly heard his name being called out and was ecstatic to hear who it was. With a smirk he muttered to himself, “Finally things are going in a good direction today!” running around a few corners where he found Anhur waiting for him. He slowed to stride, stopping a few feet from the host’s body, the day’s first victory thrumming through his veins like crazy putting his host’s body on edge.

With his most silky smooth snake like voice, Apophis near-whispered, “Anhur, how wonderful for you to call out to me before going to Horus, I’m pleased you choose the right side on your first try,” wearing a killer grin on his face. Apophis hoped that’s what was going on, not fond of being called out for any other reason than to be given good news. He couldn’t think of anything else Anhur had to tell him, so he assumed that good news is what he was getting.

[{ AUGH! I’m sorry johannmaximus, I totally missed the last part of your post, I feel like such a D-bag! I was holding up the RP again, I’m evil -_-;}]

DeletedUser

" Errrr Ill consider? " Thoth thought the side he chooses could determin the fate of the gods. Thoth looked at the time. It was dinner. " It seems I am going to BBQ. I will be in the Duat finding my BBQ ribs..." Thoth went in the Duat to find BBQ Ribs and appeared at a local store and bought some...

DeletedUser13682

(No problem, cornnachoz [great name by the way, mmm... nachos] I have patience like a rock)

Anhur shook his head. "Not exactly. I'm not here to join you, yet that is. I'm weighing the options, and frankly, you haven't shown any good qualities. I expected you to try to sweet talk me first, instead of having Set send me to his Alexandria fortress. That was annoying, the human kept getting lost, even when I literally made arrows in the right direction. I was expecting to see the new library they put up. Anyway, try better next time, and don't forget what I can do to you if you make me angry."

With that, Anhur left, looking for anybody on the other side. "Hey! Osirus! Anubis! Ma'at! Horus! Isis! Anybody here! It's Anhur! I want to talk to you! Hurry up before I go to Apophis!" Anhur ended up in a coffee shop somewhere in Manhattan, and, since he 'randomly' appeared at the coffee shop, he decided to get a drink. Black coffee, extra strong. The human needed to at least look awake to keep up appearances. When Anhur noticed that the cashier, along with many other people, gave him strange looks, he realised that he was still wearing Athos's torn up uniform. Time for a quick change. A few minutes later, after a visit to a clothing store, he was wearing a pair of jeans, a loose fitting black shirt, but he kept the boots. Athos's sidearm was strapped underneath the shirt.

DeletedUser

"I'll get it", said Ryan, hearing another knock at the door. He opened it, and saw a man kneeling before him. "Another Egyptian god?", he said to Osiris.
"Anubis, glad you showed up in time to join the party!", said Osiris, jubilantly. "Please, come in". Ryan wasn't entirely comfortable having a god he didn't know invite guests into his apartment, but he figured he'd best roll with it. "Alright, now that we're all here, what shall we do?", said Ryan, who figured the gods knew their itinerary better than he did.

DeletedUser

Thoth wondered if Osiris wanted any BBQ. He went though the Duat and knocked on the door of the apartment.

Deleted User - 819397

Anubis frowned. "Forgive me Lord Osiris, but I believe I just heard someone call both my name and yours. I will check on that and be right back." He hopped through the Duat and came out outside a clothing store. He immediately felt a god nearby and turned to see a man casually looking at him. After sizing him up, he smiled. "Anhur! Is that you in there? I'm assuming you were the one who was calling to me and Lord Osiris. What can I help you with?"

DeletedUser

Hearing yet another knock, Ryan opened the door again, and saw another man. "Thoth, what a pleasant surprise!", said Osiris, while Ryan groaned, "My apartment is barely ready to live in yet. I don't know if it can take a party".

DeletedUser

" Ehh Thought you might want some BBQ! I got ribs! And maybe we could chat about this " War of the gods " thing while eating our ribs! "

DeletedUser

"Well, I guess a party could use some victuals", said Ryan. "And I suppose you could all kindly explain to me what the heck is going on", he said, mostly to Osiris.

DeletedUser13682

Anhur waited a few minutes in front of the clothing store, when he was apporached by who turned out to be Anubis. "It's me, in the flesh and blood of a Briton. Just wanting to pick a side. Had a chat with Apophis earlier, not too happy with him. Set had tried to lock me up in his Alexandrian fortress earlier, not a very good way to get somebody to join your side. I was hoping to just ride this thing out in the Falklands, but Set was a bum outside of the base, so now I'm discovered, might as well pick a side."

DeletedUser

" So Osiris you havent compleatly taken over him yet?" He said while handing over the ribs. " Your host seems to be talking on his own will. "

DeletedUser

Ryan took the ribs, and Osiris said "no, he's been pretty cooperative. He's either really smart or really stupid".
"The former", said Ryan, before turning to the rest of the group. "Who wants ribs?"

DeletedUser

" Mines wasent, took me a while to get him to do so. Anyways, time for ribs! "

Deleted User - 819397

Anubis smiled. "We would definitely be honored if you joined us." he said honestly. "If you want, Osiris is having a little get together over at his host's apartment, for the gods on our side. Thoth was arriving when I left, so that likely means he is going to join our ranks, and if he's there, barbecue is almost certainly there as well." Anubis grinned. "Shall we go there?"

DeletedUser13682

Anhur shrugged. "Sure, I'm in. This body is starting to complain about being hungry, and I haven't had good food since the Romans left Egypt. Why don't you show me the way?" Anhur threw the tattered unifor he was holding into the nearest dumpster. "This mortal received the Victoria Cross, for work he did in Mesopotania. Surprised to find that out, actually. He didn't seem the Vc type."

Deleted User - 819397

Anubis nodded. He stepped into the Duat, then waited. A second went by and Anhur appeared next to him. Anubis led the short way to Osiris' apartment. They both materialized inside the apartment and Anubis led Anhur over to Osiris. "Lord Osiris, Anhur is here. He's thinking of joining us in the war." Anubis then noticed Thoth and smiled. He didn't approach him, knowing he likely would prefer to talk to Osiris, since he was one of the gods running the show.

DeletedUser

"Great to hear, Anubis", said Osiris as his host passed out ribs, having a few for himself.