The Gods Are Among Us

• Thread starter Deleted User - 819397
  • Start date

Deleted User - 819397

Well, I'm extremely sorry for all the delays. This is the first RP out of several I cooked up. I hope you all enjoy them.

(Just a side note here before I begin this one. I am basing a few pointers of this one off of Rick Riordan's "The Red Pyramid". Namely, the fact that the gods (in order to walk the world freely) must have a human host. Ok, beginning...)

Ancient Egyptians have always been regarded as incredible. They have one of the earliest systems of writing, they built massive sculptures and tombs, and other great contributions. However, the one greatest thing that they gave us was the knowledge of their gods. This was important, but no one in the year 2012 knew that. However, the time was coming. The gods were waking up.

Set, god of the desert (and sometimes called the god of evil) has risen. He has made a deal with Apophis, the serpent god of dissolution and darkness. He has freed Apophis from her eternal torment, and together the two of them are to remake the world in their image and rule over it for all time. However, individually they both plot to destroy the other once their work is done.

In answer to this, the other gods are waking. They are finding their way into human hosts and are preparing themselves for war. Some are against Set while others are with him. The ones who wish the world to stay the way it is are collected under the banner of Ra, the eternally sleeping sun god. The next few weeks and months will determine if the world really does end like the Mayan's seemingly predicted.

Ok, now for a bit of an explanation. There are 5 sides a god can be on.
1. The side of Ra. Ra cannot be used as a character, but he is a force for good.
2. The side of Set and Apophis. Enough said there.
3. Neutral (feelings) This type of neutrality means that the god is not one to take sides quickly, but could take either side at a moments notice. Nephthys is an example of this kind. Set is her husband, but she often disagrees with his choices.
4. Neutral (persuasion) This type of neutrality means exactly what it sounds like. The god will not take sides unless persuaded to do so. Thoth is an example, as his many talents make him tentative to join any side.
5. Loyal to another god. Essentially this means that the god in question's alliance is determined by another god. They fight for whatever side the god in question wishes them to fight for. The character I will take, Anubis, is an example. As the lord of embalming (or nowadays, funerals) he is loyal to Osirus, god of the dead.

Ok, the gods I am about to list are by NO means the only ones you can be. A (complete?) list is available here (also has brief descriptions of the gods). The following gods are fairly major to the plot. Gods in red are necessary for the plot to be taken. Any god in red not taken by the time we start I will take over until someone else wishes to join.

Gods under Ra.
Horus
Isis
Osirus
Ma'at

Gods under Set and Apophis
Set
Apophis
Kuk
Sobek

Neutral (feelings)
Bast
Nephthys

Neutral (persuasion)
Thoth

Loyal
Anubis (to Osirus)

Ok, character sheet

1. Name of human
2. Age
3. Gender
4. Possessed by god?
5. If yes, who?
6. Bio of human.

--------------------------------

name: John Philip
possessed by god?: yes
who? Anubis
Bio: John had a dark childhood. His parents died when he was 10 of a devastating illness. He grew up with an aunt who was on the verge of death half her life. As he grew up, John realized that he wanted to help others who had lost loved ones. As a result, he is planning on becoming a funeral house director, currently studying mortuary science at a small college in Missouri to achieve this. His wish to become a funeral director made him an ideal host for Anubis. John does not know Anubis is there. Anubis has no need to overtake John's mind to pull the strings himself, instead preferring to work in harmony.

DeletedUser13682

name: Athos Thatcher
who? Anhur
Bio: Athos Thatcher was born to litarary scholars, in Blackburn, Lancashire, England. His parents, in a cruel twist of fate, named him after one of the three musketeers. Not wanting to become a scholarary nut like his parents, Athos ran away from home, and joined the British Army, after passing the AOSB main board, and attending Royal Military Academy Sandhurst. Now, our Athos is a Major, commander of the British garrison in the Faulkland Islands. Recently, Anhur has decided to invade Athos's body, though evidence of that is impossible to see at the time.

DeletedUser

1. Name of human-Brad Jones ( Hes my host )
2. Age- 23
3. Gender- Male
4. Possessed by god? Yes
5. If yes, who? Thoth
6. Bio of human. Brads life was okay. His parent divorced while hewas at age 6 and each moved to a diffrent country. His mother won him in court and he now lives in Tenesee. He works at a Collage trying to teach others his profession for Egypt.

( Im roleplaying of Thoth himself not Brad hes just my host )

Deleted User - 819397

just throwing this out there, the gods can do what all three of us have done. They can posses and not show anything of it at their choosing (like Johann and myself) and they can completely take over, like Rawdog did. The host is just a host after all...if the gods so choose.

edit: we'll start after a few more join, or in two days, whatever comes first.

DeletedUser

1. Name of human: Faye Tompkins
2. Age: 19
3. Gender: Female
4. Possessed by god?: Yes
5. If yes, who?: Ma'at
6. Bio of human: Faye Tompkins is a shop tend for a local Wicca store near the college she is going to in the Southern part of Illinois. She grew up in New york, and moved away from her family as soon as the acceptance letter to the small college was delivered. She has always felt that something magical was going to happen in her life, so it wasn't difficult for Ma'at to come and take up residence in the girl. Faye, who is aware of Ma'at but not knowing all the details, only understands that what is happening is of a rather large importance.

[{mega exciting!}]

DeletedUser25825

1. Name of Human: Samantha Ford

2. Age: 23

3. Gender: Female

4. Possessed by god? Yes

5. If yes, who? Wadjet

6. Bio of human. Samantha (Sam) had grown up in Ireland and has traveled to stay with family, after her parents were both killed in an auto accident. Though female, she felt the urge and drive to follow in her father's footsteps, and has successfully joined a police department. She protects and serves with a devotion that most "veterans" wave off as rookie enthusiasm, but there's much more underlying.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

name: Ryan Black
who? Osirus
Bio: Ryan is fresh out of medical school and is now an apprentice gene therapist. Thinking of himself a a giver of life, he believes there is something odd about his spiritual self, but doesn't think much of it. He hasn't a hint that he's possessed by Osirus.

Deleted User - 819397

We still need Horus, Set, and Apophis filled. I will take them if no one takes them by tomorrow at noon my time, as it will have been over 24 hours since I started the thread and enough people are here to start. If someone wishes to take them over after that time, PM me. Also, with the possible exception of Wadjet, everyone is either on the side of Ra, neutral, or loyal to someone on the side of Ra. Since I could be taking over Set and Apophis, that should help balance, but anyone joining up after I post this is encouraged to join the side of Set and Apophis, to balance this all out :)

DeletedUser

1. Name of human: Lance Hertwig
2. Age: 24
3. Gender: Male
4. Possessed by god?: Unfortunately
5. If yes, who?: Apophis
6. Bio of human: There isn't much of a bio for this young man before Apophis took his body over. The man had been a loner and traveler ever since he ran away from home at sixteen, doing odd jobs any where he could find someone not asking to see a license or any other sort of identification, which he had none of. He's been an avid user of multiple illicit drugs over the years, and has a committed a few minor felonies. When Apophis took over, he took over completely, leaving Lance only room to sit and watch helpless as he aids Set in destroying the world.

[{OOC: I need to practice to write from the evil side of things anyway, because I rarely do that at all. It will be an intriguing learning experience, and I hope everyone can deal with a darkside novice ;D }]

One Armed Ninja

It's been a while since I last came here....

1. Name of human Nathan Atkins
2. Age
3. Gender Male
4. Possessed by god? Yuppers
5. If yes, who? Horus
6. Bio of human.
A quiet man from Manchester, England. He has had an office job that he loathes for the past 12 years, unable to go anywhere with it, for being too quiet to be noticed. During his breaks he would often go out overseas to trek about the mountains, where he truly felt at home. Single but had a few relationships that never went anywheren in hte end, prefers the quiet to busy city life. When Horus takes over he does so in times of need, for to protect others, or when feels it's necessary

DeletedUser

(Remember most RP end up with all the caracters meeting at sometime, so all those in England are quite far away from me o.0 )

Deleted User - 819397

(Remember most RP end up with all the caracters meeting at sometime, so all those in England are quite far away from me o.0 )

The gods can warp around using the Duat, a pace that humans only occasionally find their way into during dreams, and then they most likely go insane. Ok, starting this up, I will take Set as well until someone else wishes to take him.

Name: Hyleg Ourobockle
Possessed by god? Yes
If yes, who? Set
Bio of human. Similar to Apophis' host, Hyleg was a nobody. Almost no one knew him as he kept to himself, and he did nothing noteworthy with his life. Set now controls every aspect of Hyleg, allowing him free reign over himself as he sets in motion the plan to take over.

----------------------------------------

John walked out of the classroom, thinking over the lesson they had just had. They were looking at various methods of preserving the body that the ancients used. Today they had looked at the Egyptians mummification process. For some strange reason, he felt he knew everything that had been taught today, and yet he was sure he hadn't heard most of the details before today. Puzzled, he decided to leave campus and take a leisurely stroll before retiring to his dorm for the night.

-----------------------------------------

Set looked out at the hordes of demons he and Apophis had summoned. They would be instrumental in their plan, or so Apophis said. He had not heard exactly what Apophis wanted with the demons. In trade, Set had not told Apophis that he planned to turn the northern hemisphere into a desert. He knew he was capable of doing it...the last time he had unleashed his power the sahara had sprung into being. His powers had become far stronger since then...now he just had to choose the right time to unleash it. Half the world will be easier to control then the whole world he reasoned.

(One thing I didn't say before was the possibility those allied with one another can PM plans to each other. It adds to the feeling there are true sides)

DeletedUser

(Since I took my host by the full, ill be playing as Thoth the whole time)

Thoth had just finished his lesson on mummifacation and was finishing up filing some papers. He then went to his own part of the Collage and went in. He whatched as his baboons ( Baboons are animals of Thoth ) did some paper work. He sat at his desk, he knew John was Anubis but it didn't seem that Anubis has taken John over completely so he didn't say anything today about it. Later he studied out of some books then went to sleep.

DeletedUser

Ryan left the clinic after a long day at work. Once again, it included a lot more paperwork and errand running than gene therapy, which slightly disappointed him. "You'll get your break one day", he told himself. He went back to his apartment and threw off his coat, not caring where it landed. He went to his computer and started browsing around Wikipedia, which was one of his habits. He absent-mindedly typed "Osiris" into the search box, causing Osiris' page to come up. "That's strange", he thought. "I wasn't even thinking about Osiris". He thought he might as well have some fun with it, and translated the page into Serbian.

One Armed Ninja

"Finally this time of year again" Nathan thought as he visibly relaxed walking through the exit of the office doors. The sky was starting to darken, sending beautiful amber hues flooding across the sky. Not for the first time did he find himself enraptured in thought, wondering how it would be to be a bird, free among the sky, to wander and see what there is. Snapping out of it, and of the office doors, he realised he was getting a bit more distacted of late...
"You're just getting tired" he muttered to himself, "This trip'll see me right", as he began the leisurely walk home.

DeletedUser13682

The sound of motorboats could be heard by everybody in the Faulklands. Today, the new commander of the British garrison, Major Athos Thatcher, was arriving to relieve the former commander, Major Herbert O'Malley. After the changing ceremony, Athos went into his office, to review the files of some new men coming in tomorrow, along with slightly suspicious reports from Argentina. According to the reports, the Argentinians were getting tired of the British occupation of the Faulklands, and were ready to attempt another invasion. Athos knew that they wouldn't get through. Suddenly, Athos felt as if he had been hit with a flashbang on steroids, the world was white, the only sound was a high pitched ringing, Athos was effectively incapacitated. When it seemed like the standard time for a flashbang to wear off had come and gone, Athos assumed the worse, a nuke had gone off somewhere, and he was unlucky enough to be close enough to get blinded by it, but that theory was disproven in the next second.

"Sir, we have another newcomer... What are you doing, sir? You're acting like you've been flashbang'd."

"Well, Lieutenant Garcia, I feel like I have. Oh, it's wearing off now. Very strange. Give me the report. Let's see, everything's in check. Very good. I think I shall invite all my officers for a pint at the bar tonight. Kind of a private meet and greet. Get the arrangements ready."

DeletedUser

I'll take Set. I also know quite a bit about Egyptology. Maybe we could do a greek one (or even one on the druids.)

Name: Hyleg Ourobockle
Possessed by god? Yes
If yes, who? Set
Bio of human. Similar to Apophis' host, Hyleg was a nobody. Almost no one knew him as he kept to himself, and he did nothing noteworthy with his life. Set now controls every aspect of Hyleg, allowing him free reign over himself as he sets in motion the plan to take over.(Edit, Heyleg has great friend (invisible friend he is sort of mad) who is fighting set for control of the body (and Heyleg) Set now occasionaly has problems controling the body all of the time while Greddo (invisible friend) takes control for about 5 mins at a time or something like that.)

Around 2am Heyleg was walking down the street nest to the army base nearby. Set knew that Heyleg allways took this rout every night and while no one ever knew Heyleg, He still talked with the bums around the area every now and then. Set also knew that Anhur was taking possesion of one of the members of the army in this base. The only problem was that he didn't know which one. But he did know that strange things would be happening to the host. Maybe something large enough will be seen.

Set needs as many gods on his side as possible. Anhur will be helping his cause.

DeletedUser

A new wing was opening in the collage, the collage was now teaching astronomy. Thoth was cutting to ribbion to open to new wing. Thoth got dressed and hed out the door acidently running into a baboon. The baboon yelped. "Agggh! Agggh!" "Well Im sorry Phil the baboon ut you were in my way and I didn't see you." The babooon let out a large belch and waddled away, Thoth walk out the door and to the new wing. Everyone was their. He pushed his way though the crowd and up to the front where all the professors stood. One professor handed him a large pair of sizzors. The crowd claped as Thoth took the sizzors from the professor. Then it got silent when he cut the ribbion. Then the crowd roared. Then Thoth joined the other professors in the line. The new wing was offically open. People piled into the building. While in the mass of people, he slipped away and dicided to take a walk.

DeletedUser25825

"Sam! Sam! Come on... Sam... come back to me!"

Sam felt her body being jarred by the shoulders. Her eyes fluttered open and she became aware of heat, sweat, acrid smoke, water, sirens, and activity all around her. She looked up into the concerned eyes of Corporal Jack Jenkins, her partner, looking down at her as he gently shook her shoulders.

"Jesus! Sam... what were you thinking?" Jenkins demanded. Sam sat up, and the world reeled as she began to sink back into the darkness. "Whoa take it slow and easy!" Jenkins advised as he steadied her when she began to topple. Sam looked around as she rubbed her face with a shaking hand, before pushing the red hair plastered to it back behind her ears. There was an enormous conflagration occurring in a nearby apartment complex. Fire equipment and men were racing around attempting to control it. She looked back at Jenkins and frowned dazedly.

"You ok Sam?" The concern was back in Jenkins's voice as he supported her to her feet. "I can't believe you ran in there like that. You could have been roasted", he stated disapprovingly. "Come on", Jenkins said, "let's get you checked out by EMS." He wrapped his burly arm around her shoulders. and supported her as they walked towards one of the rigs nearby.

Sam nodded. "Aye... I'm doin' okay", she lied to her partner as she stagger stepped in the direction he led her. In truth, Sam was not doing ok. Her mind was in turmoil. The only memory she could drag out of the cobwebs of her mind, were hearing the fire call dispatched on the radio, and then being jarred back to reality by Jenkins. She had no idea how much time she'd lost, or what she had done within that time.

Wadjet, Lady of Flame, was pleased. She had easily taken control of the human host and directed its actions easily and fluently. She had been concerned initially when she chose a host. Her slumber had been long, and the world had changed greatly. She found she did not care for the world as it was now, but her promise to her father drew her from her sleep. The world was in danger, and she was its protector. More importantly, she had succeeded in rescuing several humans, one of which was the unknowing host of her sister Nekhbet, who had not yet assumed control. She wondered if this was just an accident, or if there was a more nefarious, underlying hand behind the fire. She knew there was a plot being undertaken by Set and Apophis, but she wasn't aware of how far the plot had proceeded. She would remain vigilant.

Sam sat on the floor of the rig, legs hanging over the edge and out the back door, taking deep breaths from an oxygen mask as the medic had advised. She felt physically fine, did not have a scratch or burn on her. She looked up at the building being consumed by fire, and wondered just how she had done that.

DeletedUser

( I dont remember Wadjet or Nekhbet being in the caracters for gods. )