P&P The Final Straw

DeletedUser

No, seems your master mind over there needs the brains. Have you heard his latest brainstorm? He's going to tag a few small towns MC for the sole purpose of getting them invited to our forum. Sorry bub, not only are we are closed to new towns but we know that you've already got plenty of spies in our towns & so far they really aren't doing you much good when you are loosing forts left & right now is it??

If you are referring to last Sunday, there was plenty of time to get to other battles, in fact we took quite a few off of Eclipe's hands and defended one against a rather poor attack.

Multi battles (in my eyes) are battles all called with no possibility of getting from 1 battle to the next, which was clearly not the case here when there was wait time between the battles or we would not have been able to pull off so many successful attacks in 1 day.

Kinda funny though that you feel we used your tatics and you are not liking it. You are so right...we should not force your players out of your circle as you have done to ours, right??
:nowink:

Wtf, Berkie? You are talking about MY brainstorming? About MY spies? About MY tactics for multi? I'm sorry if I have misunderstood you since English isn't my first language, but because of your quote it looks that you are refering to me. If so then really, wtf?

1) My sentence about "brains" was to try to point out MC s*it talk in forums. I think it is childish and this is only a game. We should have fun not saying in forums "OMG U S*UCK" (not that somenone has said that). I understand that it could be the way how you or some from your towns play, but I still think that is lame. Maybe I'm wrong and nothing personal.

2) So IF you were refering to me then lol. I'm in a small town, we have no control about proceses. We have no need of spies. I haven't said anyting about making small towns as MC. I have made only one battle and I didn't use that tactic. :nowink: If you were talkin about mattaus, then I was wrong. But it looked like this because of quote lol

No hard feelings about you, Berkie nor most of MC. I just don't like s**t talk and that is it. I respect your fort fighting abilities, I enjoy battles despite some loosing, I'm waiting when our side will turn (reskill) to battles so we can have even more fun (yes, I think they are made for fun, f*ck am I again wrong :blink: ?).

Good luck,
GF

DeletedUser

Well, you were the one that said "MC needs to get the brains first." Both Victor & myself seriously frown on the spying crap, especially during battles. We have, a few times had a player or 2 posting your info in our chats. Quite simply, we ban them until battle is over. BAS is the one who brags about sitting in each & every one of our battle chats. So yeah, I am not talking about you specifically, but your GC leaders who think that the spy business belongs in a game such as this.

In short, you may not have control, but you are able to make choices. You choose to stay with them.

DeletedUser

Yes, indeed I was first to said that. But I explained the meaning of it, didn't I?

It is easy to say - you stay, you make choices etc. But imagine what would happen if we leave our allies? This is the only way to balance the game a bit though you have larger force. If we leave - world dies. Simple as that. Can you imagine this world without fort fights? Of course you can say that it is already dead etc., but I disagree with that. There is a lot of firepower on both sides that still makes this world playable.

Ok, maybe your target is to control all forts in W10, but hmm.. is that interesting for players? :huh: Better is (in my opinion) to TRY to own all, but... not suceed.

So, GC and every allie "flees", you get all forts, world dies. So we don't have choice if we want to play in this world.

GF

DeletedUser

It is easier than you think. Many towns have left the GC over the mass calling of battles. Take a look around & you will see just how many have untagged GC. What would be the bad thing about you guys all creating a new group and leaving the constantinople towns behind??

What would be the bad part about you guys getting together & booting your current leader (who is just as bad as the first) and finding one who prefers to do a 1 on 1 battle instead of running like a chicken with it's head cut off calling every fort within a 5 block grid each time one of theirs is called. It's not rocket science, the towns that have left GC have done so because they have asked Miss B & BAS to stop calling battles so closely together. Their requests fell on deaf ears so those towns have left.

Our target is not to control every fort. Our target was to knock Constantinople off of the town rankings page. We met our goal. You see, in our town, our fort points are not high. We do not insist that other towns turn their forts over to us just to bump up our town points as Constan used to do. Quite the opposite actually. We have given away more forts than we own.

DeletedUser

I just want to add my two cents, though I'll admit that I haven't read most of this thread so I apologize if I get things wrong or repeat what's been said.

Of course you're right, Berkie and others, that we have a choice to keep on fighting with GC or not and to form our own group. But let's face it, would that make us better off? Absolutely not! We already lose terribly bad with the help of GC, how would we fare without them?

I do admire your fort fighting skills. You guys totally rock. But for me I play this game and attend fort battles to have fun. Facing you one on one and getting slaughtered is not very fun to me. I'm not saying that multis are a solution; I hate them just as much as the next guy. But I think there's a difference between good, even fights where we end up with 5 people shooting at 5 other people (how exciting!), and fights starting one on one and ending up 100 vs 10 in just 15 rounds. Now where is the fun in that?

We just can't beat you one on one right now. What are we supposed to do about that? Just give up and stop fighting? Splitting up our alliance so we're even weaker than we are now? Joining you so that the fights are even more one-sided? Would any of these options really make any sense? I personally don't think so.

It seems many people have been just lashing at each other on this thread and I'm sad about that. I'd just like to find a solution where everyone can have fun in even fights. How do we make these fights even? I'm not sure right now; I haven't heard anybody come up with a good solution.

IJ and others joining MC made this world a lot worse than it used to be (at least from where I stand; maybe you disagree). I would have understood if they had sided against Constantinople as a punishment against multis but had stayed with the greater alliance on our side. Actually, at the very beginning of this I stayed out of the fights involving those two towns. However, the new super power of IJ and MC rolled over everyone and it was not possible not to take sides anymore.

So here we are right now. Are we committed to keeping this game fun and talking about solutions without lashing at each other or are we just determined to win every single fight as easily as possible even if it means the death of the world? OAN started this thread by saying that he would do whatever it takes to keep this world alive. Is that what we're doing?

You all take care and have fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Don't you think that all of the Gc people who are refusing to go out to battles now would most probably start taking parts in battles once they are not under the thumb of Constantinople? I do.

Not only that, but my guess is that Constan. towns would dry up as soon as the people who like to take part in battles move on to towns that are no longer tagged GC. It's just a simple matter of regrouping & gathering your lost players who have stopped participating because of the way GC has played things out.

DeletedUser9470

@ wind listener
i thought ur post was very relevant.
i agree at the moment it is very hard for you guys, and not much fun.
but again i dont think that calling multis is a solution.
i think the best thing to do when something is at a dead end is to turn back and start again, start afresh from scratch
we have seen THP do this.
those who stayed THP are pretty much gone...

constantinople is now an old ideaology, and tbh its kinda weird, who wants to back up some turkish town that has been invaded a million times over the years?
not only that but add to that the gayaalle ideology
thats like peanut butter and jam (jelly)
whatever its just a bit weird, that and the fact that no one knows wtf its all about and doesnt really care.

what im saying is the GC marketing is seriously lacking.

the west with an ottoman town as capital?
mmmm

so all in all, you need to get urselves a new leader who is willing to spend his/her life on this game.
then you need to found some king of entity that will have meaning and be able to recruit players with a sense of pride.
and start building from there.

as i write this it seems to me it will be very hard to do such a thing, but one thing is for sure:
GC is now dead and gone, miss B is vacant and badasssam isnt coping very well.

its fairly obvious what you gotta do, its either that either we will have to make a side ourselves just to keep us from dying of boredom

One Armed Ninja

Did IJ switching, not prove the impact that just one town can have?

Don't just roll over and play dead, talk, plan and rise again.
Form a team, of dedicated members, there are plenty of people out there - and much can happen in the meantime ;)

Without opposition i get bored :p
Grow strong guys, and do what oyur leaders couldn't

DeletedUser

Not really OAN. Your leaving didn't bring Const. down. It was MC ability to develop much faster for fort battles.

DeletedUser

I think that it for sure had an impact, I believe many followed in his footsteps. OAN made quite a simple request...to stop calling so many multi battles. Many MC leaders & players had received complaints from GC players about the mutli's, saying that they were either not going to going or were going to do minimal battles. Some are refusing to go, some have left, and some have moved onto other towns.

Surely there is someone within the X GC capable of forming a new group where we can all agree to only call 1 battle at a time. While I can't speak for Vic or OAN (I think they ar both probably tucked in for the night) but I know that I would be willing to call a cease fire on any fort battles to give you time to regroup & gather some troops. Just drop me a line in game.
B

DeletedUser

I would still call fort battles, its not the fort battles that dont allow them to get there act together

forts are the life of w10 cease fires would kill that cause it wont even help them

DeletedUser

I agree, but we are running out of forts at an alarming rate, so I guess we'll just see what happens after.

Since I can't change my class to soldier and I can't force people to be online for battles we're shouting in the desert to get our act together.

At this time you outnumber us in active fortfighters, health and onliners so how do you propose we get our act together huh?

You can re-hash old news about multi's and leadership all you want, but that ship sailed long ago. That is not what what the problem is at this point in time and you know it.

See you on the battlefield.

DeletedUser

<<At this time you outnumber us in active fortfighters, health and onliners so how do you propose we get our act together huh?

The very same way that we did after GC forced our fort fighters out. I suppose you don't remember what our numbers looked like a few months ago, huh? Why don't you guys stop whinning about it & do something already? I'm not going to go there & fix the mess that you guys have made for you. Surely you have someone there with the brains to get the job done. Find him.

<<You can re-hash old news about multi's and leadership all you want, but that ship sailed long ago. That is not what what the problem is at this point in time and you know it.

Sure it is, It is still happening! BAS runs around calling more multi battles because someone called one of his forts, he has to call 3. Happened just the other day. I am not sure which part you don't understand about so many GC members not liking it & refusing to go to battles because of it. When the remaining member of GC still stand behind the man who is causing the loss of your forts it's time to wake up & smell the coffee.

DeletedUser

Again while I don't agree with how BAS operates in some circumstances, he is not the be all and end all of multi battles on w10, MC are certainly declaring their share. You may intend to actually compete on more of them, but MC call battles to split our allied forces whenever we attack in the West.

I understand it suits your political agenda to blame the current poor performance of GC and allies on the multi battles, but realistically, it was always going to take a long while to re balance things since IJ's switch of sides.

The idea that we need to disassociate from GC while still reeling from the decision of a powerful town to pull their support from our battles and attack with our enemies is a short route to total MC dominance! We cannot afford to lose the support of a single allied town, let alone a town that likely provides the largest numbers of active high level fort fighters on our side of this conflict. Regardless of whether those players would perform better under new leadership or not, the inevitable percentage that would go inactive would be devastating for us.

We in the west have been working hard over the last few months to consolidate players from less active towns and creating towns with more players and a higher level of overall activity. We are trying to create competitive and challenging environments in order for our players to take fort battles as seriously as our opposition - this is fundamentally the premise Eclipse was recently rebuilt on. We have worked hard to build greater working relationships with our local allies, and to identify a core groups of active fort fighters who will make forts their priority and reskill in that direction.

It is a long term solution and it will be quite a while before a town like Eclipse can go head to head with a Bold City MC or an Infraction Junct, but we are doing what we can to get better. I know of several other allied leaders that are putting focus into consolidating players in order to start identifying their own crack force to add to the allied whole, and I think in a few months from now we with have our own names like OAN, Duck, Kayak ect. I just hope that in the meantime we can manage to slow MC's fort rampage through W10, because pretty soon people from both sides are going to lose interest.

From what I can see the only immediate solution to re balance things in W10, is to entice our friends to see a challenge in fighting from our position through diplomatic channels. But something tells me GC won't be able to do that with quite the saavy MC managed to steal OAN with :)

DeletedUser9470

realistically IJ switching sides didnt have much of an impact.
OAN changing on his own would have resulted in the same ending of GC empire and for one reason only:
he was your FB leader and as a monster battler gave you guys the confidence.
before OAN rose to this status i remember one of our guys doing exactly the same.
when you know you will not waste your time at an fb then you tend to show.

so when you end up without a good leader...
morale is low...
i know vengyr is a monster but your still lacking the enthusiasm.

i cant speak for OAN but im sure he changed sides on his own accord, and on a few simple principles of fort battling.

we have here in this world professional fort players,
we w10 invented many tactics including the world famous "wall jump"
we invented the online experience with our chats.
we have the most experienced leaders of all worlds...
yet for some reason some still want to play the childish "GUESS WHICH BATTLE IM GONNA BE AT" game.

MC refused to go down that route.
many times I tried to get MC leaders to do the same thing to GC but they wouldnt have it saying it was dishonorable and childish pettiness.

and we lost battles for months on end, but stuck to our principles.

it is time you guys grew some and manned up to proper fights with proper tactics and proper teamwork and stopped this sly fox pretending dead slimy ideology.

forget the GC empire, its now gone down the drain and wont ever resurface.

im personally thinking of starting an empire myself just for fun.

SAS or somin along those lines to counter the mercenary name...

in your case you might opt for the french foreign legion!

go round saying hello to opponents with your hands in the air?...
:p

DeletedUser16008

Well Ive been watching this thread for some time and ill put in my two cents worth of the past, current problems and possible solution for GC alliance..

When W10 was born it is true that MC started with an enormous advantage of an experienced fort battle leader, me.

It also became clear quite early on that in order to have any sufficient challenge we would also have to push a number of groups into partnership to create a large 2 sided world, roughly that is what happened. It allowed for full battles and "trained" probably on both sides thousands in the art of fort battles.

This has resulted in by far the most active and professional fort battles on any world I have been on... the battles I can recall of fantastic attacks and defenses, strategies and counter strategies have for me been sheer pleasure.

This has not been a one sided war by any means and has lasted nearly a year.. also not bad for a war on any world.

Now out of this came a couple of fort leaders of note, first Hellstromm at least gave the GC some idea and Banana were doing fine then and I don't say this lightly, probably the most important player to date in fort leadership for the GC alliance... OAN. Suddenly the game was on and battles became a challenge and it forced us to look at new strategies and counter moves ... Vengyr worked towards the fort for a win rather than for himself, GC became a real force with direction, vision and most of all confidence.... ALL down to OAN ... And then the mass multis began to drag on and on and on and on...

In short Constantinople became obsessed with keeping #1 and turned its allies into nothing but serfs or fodder to aquire forts have them handed over etc..during this period MC and co lost about 50% of our fort veterans due to the unending multis and a new world opening which was far better option than being run around for nothing on 10 for a lot of players.

On a number of occasions I asked the GC leadership to stop ruining a good fort world, I was also getting mail from all quarters GC, banana, corps, THP, IRC, Shadow that battles were becoming boring etc and wished for the full epic ones.

One of those voices was OAN The ONE truly great fort leader that GC had was totally ignored repeatedly... and then when he was finally made a promise it would stop that was broken within a week. If that had been me my reaction would have been exactly the same.

OAN betrayed no one he was in fact the one that was betrayed and with him went a goodly number of vets that were IJ. GC pushed away the ONE fort leader/allie they had that was making a difference. Whats more it didnt just stop there in fact GC made sure that OAN was bad mouthed etc also totally uncalled for and very very stupid.

It was nothing less than the biggest mistake of any group on this server, total suicide. GC should have gone cap in hand to OAN and begged to change things right there, in fact ill go further, that was the moment for a change of GC leadership and the GC/alliance should have done it immediately.

Thats the past and things have rapidly declined since for GC & co... where MC & co previously had a couple of good fort leaders suddenly we now have lots.. GC still has none that I can see although a few are trying and really I applaud that... even so much as trying to find an answer to to the double side attack and north run...

Its gotton so that we can even attack a fully built fort with less numbers or defend when vastly outnumbered. Survival in multis has made us more sleek, fast moving, more organized and more determined.

GC & co MUST evolve and find a good couple of fort leaders or they will lose every single fort they not only own but are also a part of.

Berkie suggested we call a cease fire while GC sort themselves out. Well I can't agree there, allied towns for us are now taking the opportunity to pick up forts and it dosnt look like there is any stopping them. I will not curb that, they have worked hard for it and deserve no less than full support as they have given us.

Either GC etc dig deep and evolve or they crumble and out of the ashes something else may rise, better sleeker and more worthy I hope. The war is not done yet and we have one or two GC main forts to conquer. Counters and multis if timed to move from one to the other are a sound strategy, Ive never said otherwise. Calling many with solely the purpose of wasting everyones time has brought GC to its knees. You will forgive me if I fail to find it anything other than poetic justice on the leaders yet I do have sympathy for the members that have had to endure the pain.

Do something about it and do it fast is my advise, I suggest you see this note as something to learn from and take notice of. I hold an awful lot of the opposing side in very high regard, probably more than most realize and I wish nothing more than for good full challenging battles. You DO have the ability and experience there you just have to realise it and work as a team again.

DeletedUser

Its funny I read a lot of the reply's and a lot of people want to contribute their decline to OAN leaving but he was a great battle leader but it was over way longer than that, with OAN rising to take the lead in battles it only hid the internal turmoil and the broken system that was already waiting to fall apart

What people except for a select few that dont even post here, was that before OAN I lead GC to many battles, but out of no where BADASSSAM got promoted and his fat head, and huge ego decided it would be better to alienate people in his own camp to try and get some kinda morale victory

there was 1 fort battle i believe GC held a significant edge and he personally lost the fort for them, and another where i spent 3 hours coordinating and he comes in the last 5 mins before it started, baned me and lost the fort for them

many more instances can be said but alas the time evades me, the morale of the story the cancer that plagues the GC is still there at the top maybe those other towns would get wise and either form a new alliance or force that person out

and btw, im sure if vengyr would actually tank a few shots the numbers wouldnt seem so drastically different but as soon as he blocker is about to die he bails for own personal stats 'selfish' is the word that comes to mind because the people in our alliance high hp or not are always willing to block, take point even die to help furthur the cause

-Greatest out

DeletedUser

I wasn't doing fort battles when you were leading (I was in Alcatraz - oh, good ol` times), but I have friend that remembers you. In short: he liked you.

Vengyr doesn't have to suicide himself. He isn't a meat shield. He is only one tank at the moment, and for now he do what he can to contribute. Noone has asked him to die.

GF

DeletedUser

<<but MC call battles to split our allied forces whenever we attack in the West.

Bahhh! Listen to the king of "hey look...they have a few defenses to attend out east, lets for attack their forts out west, knowing the can't get here in time. Never a problem, your ownership is only ever temporary, kind of like today's battle. :laugh: