P&P The Final Straw

DeletedUser

I wasn't doing fort battles when you were leading (I was in Alcatraz - oh, good ol` times), but I have friend that remembers you. In short: he liked you.

Vengyr doesn't have to suicide himself. He isn't a meat shield. He is only one tank at the moment, and for now he do what he can to contribute. Noone has asked him to die.

GF

LOL it isnt about suicide at all, its about using the hp to the advantage of your team as a whole

no one is asked to parade infront of the firing squad alone
but thats something your team needs to figure out themselves

tbh what i see is vengyr on a tower behind someone 1st round boom boom pow, vengyr moves hiding behind even more people

DeletedUser

You want a secret? Nah, I'm not telling it now. But I have an answer for his movement like that. Post the question and I will reveal the answer.

GF

One Armed Ninja

Imo Vengyr is allowed to do whatever the hell he wants with his Hp

When I used to work with him, every now and then i'd give him specific directions to help maximise his tanking capacity, and he followed them to the letter - and never complained. I still have a heck of a lot of respect for VenGyr, even if he couldd tank better, he plays as he wants to play.

(Though it is true the earlier you take a load of shot the more memebrs you have left to tank for)
But, whereas I use myself to tank for most people, Vengyr tanks where it is most effective - that generally being after the mount on a tower spot - or, if defending, when the attackers are slightly distanced from him so not everyone is hitting

DeletedUser

gee look at that anotehr barrage of multis by the gc alliance
guess there prepared to lose them all again

DeletedUser

look fellows,I don't look at it the way you do,I just like to defend forts.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Or could it possibly be due to the fact that the newness of fort battles has worn off and its now only the hardcore fort fighters that show up for the battles and the MC side has more of those than the GC side? Maybe GC has more, I dunno since I started ignoring GC/MC rhetoric about 4 months ago.

Or maybe its all the multi calls that burned people out and now most people just ignore any request to show up to a fort battle because it is a waste of time or at least thats how it is perceived now because of the multis.

Or maybe its the 30 messages a day saying "defend this, attack that" that have made people want to ignore forts altogether. I myself don't even read the messages anymore, I just log in and delete them.

Or could it be that people just became sick of all the effort needed for the little to no reward that forts provide. Forts are just a status/ego boost, they are of no real benefit in any way and most people now see them for what they are.

Or maybe fort battles are just really boring and people have lost interest?

There are a lot of reasons the drive to collect forts has waned and very few of those reasons have anything to do with the opposition.

But I'd say go ahead and keep blowing your horns and patting yourselves on the back, most of us need more reasons to ignore forts and the characters that live for them...NOT.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9470

i agree,
these issues have long gone been pointed out.
everyone much prefers 1 battle, an epic as we call them.

w10 has been 2 sided since the start.
multicalling was miss bs and BASs fav fort tactic to selfishly gain extra fort points and that also is well known in w10.

now that GC have gone down the pan MC seem to have a lot of people who are now taking reins without much consulting which is certain to lead to some dissarray.

as far as I am concerned I am a dueller and have never cared much about fort battles. i just like forts so i dont waste another 250 on the day and god knows how many thousands ive spent on sleep...

fact of the matter is, to keep this world fun someone, some town is going to have to man up and rally many people and put up a fight.
give people the drive and the want to win...

this will take a great leader. you would have to be very diplomatic and hard working to take on such a role.

so the way i see it this just wont happen, and there are 2 ways out of this one sided situation:
1 GC kick their BS leaders and start afresh at being constructive.
2 MC has a schism and one of the MC towns decides MC wasnt for them after all...

last point, im amazed this last straw topic is still ongoing, as if no one cares about w10 anymore?

DeletedUser

More multis in the West from MC tomorrow. I'm surprised considering your last 2 attempts on our main fort were poor due to other battles. Guess its just another of those miss communications you guys keep talking about ;)

DeletedUser9470

3 fights?!
yep thats multi battling for ya!
thats close to the world record 31 battles called by GC isnt it?

DeletedUser16008

More multis in the West from MC tomorrow. I'm surprised considering your last 2 attempts on our main fort were poor due to other battles. Guess its just another of those miss communications you guys keep talking about ;)

Fort name: Fort Freedom
Fort battle: Today at 10:23 PM called by Craggy MC position center south
fort-2.png

Fort name: Mashed Banana
Fort battle: Tomorrow at 1:04 AM called by Banana center in response to the above

fort-1.png

Fort name: Eclipse North
Fort battle: Tomorrow at 1:56 AM far away MC west side

Hmm i dont see a multi there at all :blink: