The Final Stand of Kauria

• Thread starter DeletedUser37114
  • Start date

Deleted User - 819397

Feronia didn't open her eyes as people shifted around to make room for the newcomers. Uwe mumbled an apology in her direction, though she wasn't sure why…likely something that would've made more sense if she had been watching. The human merchant asked if the shops were open later during the Games, to which she replied in the same quiet, tired voice as before, "Yeah…depending on the shop they'll stay open until late into the night during Games time…they've been sending errand boys around for the last two weeks reminding everyone, which has been irritating." It was then that the newcomers spoke up, and the voice was…familiar. The Stillblood cracked an eye open to see the Dramoran that had plowed into her earlier sitting there, along with his sister. With a solid amount of effort she resisted the urge to yell at him…she was still working, technically. That meant playing nice. However, the chance of being able to rest peacefully was gone…she did NOT trust the male.

Returning to a more upright position, Feronia took stock of the table. Uwe and Tekki were thankfully on either side of her, shielding her from the Dramoran duo. As she eyed them warily, another of the serving staff came and took their orders before informing Feronia that Adin had instructed her to tell the Stillblood her break was to be longer than usual. Both parties seemed disgruntled by this news, though they were orders from the boss, so they had to be followed. Realizing this meant she'd have to play nice with the idiot who plowed into limping passerby for fun, she looked at them while Tekki introduced herself…apparently THAT was the Nuseni's name, she hadn't gotten it before. Once she finished, Feronia nodded curtly at them, giving her name in as neutral a tone as she could manage. Adin's good intentions were going to get her in trouble again, she just knew it…

DeletedUser13682

It was interesting that a simple address could make someone’s day, but so what if it did. It was sometimes good to make people smile and sometimes that happiness was infectious. Uwe smiled himself, then returned neutral when Tekki laughed at his joke. Sure, it had been a joke, but it wasn’t meant to be that funny. But, if it made the other person happy, then Uwe was more than willing to make a few bad jokes. The Dramorans, it seemed, were here acting as official diplomats. It seemed that Uwe’s luck kept getting better and better. If he was able to get in good with officials of the Dramoran government, then not only would he be able to much more easily trade within the Dramoran nation, he could also trade with higher ranking Dramoran officials than he would normally be able to. Opportunities like this didn’t come too often, and when they did, one had to take full advantage of them. “Diplomats, huh? Well, I try not to get myself involved in local politics too often. I’m a merchant, journeying throughout the world, tying various peoples together through the wonders of commerce.” Another waitress popped up and took the Dramorans orders before informing Feronia that Adin had extended her break. “That’s some good luck there. Getting an extended break, and getting paid for it. I’m in the wrong line of work. I should have been a pretty waitress. Oh well.” Uwe shrugged and drank some of his apple juice. “I unfortunately haven’t had an opportunity to trade with the Dramoran homelands (they didn’t live underwater, he was certain of that), but I hope to rectify that shortly. Any suggestions?”

DeletedUser37114

(OoC: Sorry for how long this took, hopefully this will help pick up the pace of the RP again)

Katarina
Fixing Jokir with a cold gaze, Kat weathered his comments about how Shades hated being called thieves, that they were often accused of it, yada yada yada. From her experience, it made sense, accusations often rarely following fact and Shades being as secretive as they were, they'd be fingered first. She'd certainly seen it enough, especially when she was the one stealing. "Then we're even," Kat said in a tone of voice that an ungenerous person would have called bored. "Though I'm probably being generous, a common insult versus discarding everything I am but my tails." She shrugged. "I stand by what I said, don't take anything and we won't have problems. Shouldn't be a problem if you aren't a thief to begin with." At this last part, she arched an eyebrow to him, making sure he wasn't offended before sighing and shifting herself over to lay on the bed. "As for what I do to entertain myself..." Tucking her hands behind her head, she concentrated and let out hard, puffs of breaths, producing small, round lights not all that different from the one that still hung in the corner. These, however, obeyed the laws of gravity and slowly sank back towards Kat before she reached up and caught them. Tossing them around, she had several going in the air in a matter of seconds, juggling balls of cool flame with the ease of long practice, even while laying down. One by one, she started throwing them over in Jokir's direction with a crooked smile, hoping the Shade would join her. If he were to catch the lights, he would find that they weighed very little, but flew easily, like a juggler's set of balls.

The Tavern
With a creaking sound, the door to the main tavern from the outside opened, admitting a Stillblood who shambled into the place. His clothing was ragged, shredded in several places and was bleeding in several places, most notably the stump of his left arm, cut off at the shoulder as if by an insanely sharp blade, which bled steadily down his side through the fingers of his right hand. Eyes as dark as his hair looked around the eating room in silence, finally finding and meeting with those of a fellow Stillblood sitting at a table crowded with several races. A smile reached his face as he collapsed, breathing heavily, his blood pooling on the wooden floor.

Deleted User - 819397

Adin looked over at the door as a customer came in, moving to greet him. However, something was clearly wrong, the man's clothes were torn, he was bleeding…and oh gods, his left arm was gone…just…gone. He rushed over as the newcomer collapsed, kneeling next to him, heedless of the blood. His eyes and hair matched perfectly…he was a Stillblood. He looked up to call for Feronia…

Feronia wasn't really paying attention to the conversation between Uwe and the Dramora…politics had never captured her attention much at all, unless they hindered her somehow. Thus, when the door opened her attention was caught. The crippled Stillblood froze as she recognized another member of her own race…damn it, she was caught. But…wait…he didn't look familiar at all. And…oh…oh no… She was on her feet and moving as he smiled at her, recognizing her as his own kind, and had limped to meet Adin as he turned to call for her. "Oh, good, you saw…" her employer murmured, before turning to the man. "Feronia, I know you're not a doctor, but I've never seen blood spill like this…I'm going to go get help, you do what you can for him, ok?" Revulsion hit the Stillblood's face briefly. She didn't want to get her everything all bloody…but no, as usual her employer made sense. Nodding, she knelt next to him, seeing the steady pouring that meant a Stillblood's artery had been severed…one of the differences between them and humans was their heart functioning as it did meant blood didn't spurt from large wounds, it was steady. "H-how did this happen to you?" she whispered, her face pale as she tried to apply pressure to his severed limb. "Wh-what can I-I do to help you?" She didn't know how to handle a wound of this size…if it had just been the other cuts she might've been able to manage, but a limb cut away as if there wasn't bone to go through…what was the fix for that?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser37114

Tavern
As Adin ran over to examine him, the newcomer simply blinked and stared at the ceiling as Adin checked him over. It wasn't until he caught sight of the Stillblood that he'd seen earlier that he seemed to gain focus and direction. "N-Nothing y-y-you can d-do for m-me now," he said quietly, voice trembling. "M-must have been a p-problem with the sp-spell, should probably adjust the..." Blinking, the man refocused, as if pulling his attention back to the situation at hand, realizing that he'd never get a chance to give any more feedback. "M-more important to warn y-you before... th-they're coming, w-w-warn them, maybe this time... the m-mountain exploding... when that h-happens, you n-need to be ready..." The man's coherence began to fade until, with a last ditch effort, he focused on Feronia, grabbing her arm with his remaining hand and pulling her close. "Our people. Make sure they... s-survive..." His message delivered, the man fell back, eyes staring wide open as the bleeding, which had been steadily slowing as he talked, stopped.

DeletedUser13682

Uwe had just finished talking, and looked over at Feronia for her reaction to his statement. Unfortunately, the eyes opened, the mouth moved, but Feronia’s brain had long since departed for the land of sleep. He was about to wake her up in an amusing and prankish manner, when that job was done for him by the front door slamming open. Who entered was a human, no a Stillblood, as evidenced by the method of bleeding. Despite losing an arm, the blood did not come out in bursts, as a bloody fountain, but slowly oozed out as a mud flow or a slow moving creek. Feronia and Adin both rushed over to him and attempted to help out any way they could. It didn’t amount to much however, as nether of them seemed to know much about incipient medical response. Then again, neither did Uwe, but he had a bit of experience with treating minor wounds encountered on the trail. A lost arm, however, usually meant death. Still, Uwe headed over to see if he could help any. Unfortunately, by the time Uwe had gotten to the scene, the new Stillblood had died; the eyes were vacant and the bleeding had stopped completely. “Uh, well. I’m not the best with words like this,” he mumbled, hand running through his hair. “Well, did you know him? Or know what happened to him? I’m sure we can revenge him if need be.”

Apelatia

Tekki continued to eat her delicious stew in silence whilst Uwe conversed with the Dramorans, though she still kept an ear open to the conversation, taking note of the things said, and the manner in which they were spoken. Uwe, it seemed, was very much the avid businessman, looking for trade and business opportunities whenever he came across potential customers and partners. She had been no exception, and Tekki wondered what the real Uwe would be like - the Uwe that didn't try to do business in every conversation. Neither party seemed to be interested in talking to her further, so it was more appropriate for her to maintain her steady silence. This wasn't necessarily a bad thing though. As life passed her by, she would meet people and then forget them again. That was the way of things, and this table of people would be no different. Of course, there were the odd occasions where an acquaintance became a more permanent contact or friend, but those were few and far between, especially with her being so far from her home country.

It was as she pondered these things, her mouth filled with yummy stew that an odd event took place. The entire room seemed to go silent in the matter of a few seconds. This would not have been so unusual had a speaker turned up or if some form of silent meditation time was being held, however this silence had a different source. This particular source came in the form of a Stillblood, an armless, bleeding Stillblood. The commotion that followed next was nothing unexpected. Adin made his way to the injured Stillblood, as did Feronia. The injured party spoke some words to the grumpy Stillblood that Tekki wasn't able to make out, before seemingly reaching the end of his life. Whatever those words had been, she might be able to find out soon enough, but now perhaps was not the time. Feronia was young and inexperienced, and there was the possibility that she might not take the death well. Tekki quickly finished the remainder of her stew before retrieving her staff from its resting place. This done, she rose from the table and followed Uwe to Feronia's position. If the Stillblood wanted help, then she would have it. If not, then Tekki would call a retreat. In a calm, yet still somehow joyous tone, Tekki spoke to the teenager. "Is there anything that I can do to help you, Feronia? A drink of something perhaps to calm yourself down?" Offering the Stillblood an encouraging smile, she hoped that Feronia would be sensible.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 819397

The Stillblood was dying…Feronia didn't know how to stop it, but he was dying. He rambled something about a spell having gone wrong, but what kind of spell could do this as backlash? He then managed something about a warning…that some group was coming, and a mountain exploding was their herald. The blood loss had deprived him of his mind, which was horrible to have to see. He then grabbed her and pulled her close, despite the younger Stillblood's instinctive recoil to get away from the bloody arm reaching for her, telling her she needed to make sure that their race survived before expiring. What the actual hell…he had been convinced they were in some world-ending danger.

Feronia remained kneeling and unmoving in front of the corpse, trying to take it all in. Uwe came up and asked if she'd known him before mentioning revenge. Seizing the unusual statement as an anchor to pull herself out of the horror this had become, she snapped him a puzzled look. "Revenge…aren't you a merchant?" Before she could get anything else out, Tekki arrived and offered to help her if she wanted it. "Wh…I…I'm not the one who just died…he's the one who needed help! Why're you both…" Feronia looked down at the deceased Stillblood. "I…I don't recognize him. We're few enough I should at least vaguely know him, but…he's not familiar at all…he wasn't in his right mind when he died…he was convinced that something was coming that was apparently dangerous enough to warrant a 'make sure our race doesn't go extinct' last request…claimed a mountain frigging exploding would mean that 'they' were coming. Insane. Mountains don't explode. That's impossible." She sighed, then took stock of her now rather bloody clothes. "Great. Just great." She felt terrible that she'd been unable to save the man…it had to have been horribly painful, enough to have addled his mind into thinking something so absurd. Truly a horrible way to go. Gently, she closed his eyes for him, doing her best not to break down as the mix of guilt at being unable to save him and horror at what she'd just seen overwhelmed her.

DeletedUser28032

“Well depending upon what goods you are offering; foodstuffs always being welcome, I am sure that we could reach a mutual agreement concerning exclusive trade rights with clan Naharis” Drael replied, hoping that the man had some experience with Dramoran trading practices so as to avoid any unfortunate…incidents, though he supposed he could point him in the right direction if required “…also I feel there has been a slight misunderstanding, my sister and I are not diplomats we are…” it was at this point that Drael turned and hurriedly spoke with his sister using their native language with the pair of them seeming to clarify some point between themselves before Drael turned his attention back to Uwe and spoke “I believe the term used in human society that best fits would be…Royalty” they weren’t strictly royalty as their father wasn’t a king, but in Dramor a clan chief was a powerful figure and so Drael felt the term would fit well enough.
However before any discussions of trade or anything else for that matter could take place a rather shocking incident occurred.
Staggering into the inn with blood slowly running from a severed limb in a manner that only a Stillblood could achieve, a dying man entered the building and collapsed upon the floor. Whilst the other guests began to scream and gasp with shock the two siblings rose as one with hands upon their swords and their eyes fixed upon the door fully expecting the man’s attacker to follow him in. There was nothing they could do for the man, not that they stopped Feronia and the innkeeper from trying, but they could protect the rest of the patrons and staff should a madman enter the building though thankfully that wasn’t the case.
Sure enough the man died from his wound after briefly speaking with Feronia followed by Uwe and Tekki offering their own council to the girl with the Dramoran moving to stand beside Uwe as the girl ranted “do not cry Vendetta too quickly my merchant friend…it doesn’t lead anywhere good” Drael murmured to the man in a reproving manner before catching Feronia’s final statement concerning the mans dying words “If only that was true, because I have it on good authority that Mount Vulx did just that only a few hours ago…however I find the idea of a they more alarming” what could have inflicted such an injury? A Dramoran sword in the right hands could but then why not say it was a Dramoran? No, this was something else and he didn’t like it.

Deleted User - 819397

Feronia looked up in disbelief at Drael as he mentioned that Mount Vulx had exploded earlier that day. Her first instinct was to call bull, that of course he was lying…but…what reason did he have to make this up? It was so unbelievable, so far out there, that it wouldn't make any sense for him to pretend. Especially not if he was Dramoran royalty as he claimed. Even if this was some twisted joke, his sister would've likely stepped in to criticize him making light of this. Her lack of argument…"oh…oh gods…" she managed, looking back at the dead Stillblood. "What…what are 'they'…damn it, this is actually serious, isn't it? And he…he friggen told me to…" She felt like crying again, but for a different reason this time…he'd imparted his last wish in life to her. She couldn't ignore that, as much as she wanted to. Gods damn everything…that meant actually doing something about whatever was coming…she didn't want this…not at all…

She suddenly felt hands on her shoulders. She spun to see Adin there with some emergency aid staff behind him. He looked concerned, which she supposed made sense. "Feronia…come on…you'll be ok…you're done for the night…just relax and come with me to the staff room for a bit." He turned to the small cluster of the various races standing there. "You all too, the authorities are going to have some questions, unfortunately…I'll reimburse you all for dinner, and I'll have the siblings' food brought to the staff room for you while we go. I'm terribly sorry…I can't have imagined this happening." He helped Feronia up, who was looking caught between a blank expression and trying to hold back tears, and gently guided her away, apparently expecting the others to follow him.

After a rather standard procedure that wouldn't really help the authorities figure anything out, largely because no one knew what had happened, the group was alone. Adin sighed, then rose. "I've got to get back to work…if any of you have anything you need, please don't hesitate to ask…that goes for you too, Feronia…please tell me if you need something." The Stillblood nodded mutely, still seemingly in a bit of shock, and after a sigh the owner of the inn left. The assortment of races was left alone.

DeletedUser31931

Jokir smiled as the balls of light flew towards him. It reminded him of another time, back west... back home... "Catch!" The orange sped across the room and a hand shot out to greet it, it landing with almost no sound as the hand moved back to catch it, performing the task with utmost grace. A laugh permeated the air and another orange shot across the room, being caught with the utmost grace again. The oranges began to fly across the room but not a single one hit the wall, all of them being caught until a large stack ended up of about five or ten oranges. Jokir caught the balls almost instinctively and threw the first one up, sending the next ball after it and the next and then two more and now there were five in the air. His hands seem to flow almost instinctively with the balls and he chuckled and said, "Don't think you've got the monopoly on this. Catch." Jokir caught all of Kat's balls in his hands, transferring them to his left hand as he also closed his eyes. The shadows around the room began to whip around him for a second and then they streamed into a set of balls on his right hand. The balls were almost identical to the five balls he held in his left hand with one exception, where had been light there was now shadow. Their surface was hidden, covered by the same compact shadowy mist that covered the body of a Shade. He blew on the first two balls and they flew off of his pile and shot towards Katarina. With only three remaining he threw them up in the air and they began to drift towards the Kitsune as well. "Well... what do you think?" Had Katarina been able to see the Shade's face, she probably would have seen a grin of pointed teeth curling upwards, the Shade enjoying showing off his powers. He hadn't had the chance to use them recently at all and it had been even longer since he'd done something new.... This was fun.

DeletedUser28032

Drael waited and watched as Feronia processed the information he’d just given her before then finally seeming to grasp the gravity of the promise she’d made to the dead Stillblood “I’ve always been amazed at how quickly and willingly you Chai-Dramor make oaths...then again you don’t seem to follow the same laws as we do” Drael quietly stated, more to himself than to Feronia or the others, his tone of voice saying that it would always be one of life’s mysteries to him.
It was at this point that the innkeeper arrived to tell them that the provosts or marshals or whatever the lawmen were called within Torpolis were on their way and that their meals would be served within the staffroom “Can...can I cancel mine please?...I am not feeling too well in fact...Drael I think I am going to be sick” a rather whey faced Draenor said, prompting Drael to hurriedly lead her out into the alley as Feronia was led away in the opposite direction.
Should anyone choose to follow the two Dramorans outside they would get a very good view of Drael holding his sisters hair as she was sick otherwise those wishing to forgo this experience would later see Drael leading his still rather ill looking sister over to a chair within the staffroom as she mumbled something about there being “So much blood”.
When the Lawmen arrived Drael dutifully answered the questions asked of him in between mouthfuls of the stew; his sister meanwhile seeming content with a cup of water as she sat in a chair with an empty washbasin sat within her lap that Drael hoped she wouldn’t have to use. Truth be told Drael didn’t think that anything he told the lawmen would be of much help as he’d neither knew the man or saw his attacker and had said nothing that everyone else within the inn hadn’t already said before.
When the Lawmen finally filed their way out of the room Drael simply sat in silence deciding that it would be best if he waited for Feronia or one of the others to speak first so as to gauge the Stillblood’s mood, which considering past incidents was perhaps a prudent move to make lest he unintentionally provoke an argument between the two of them.

DeletedUser37114

Katarina
As if he did things like this every day of his life, the Shade caught her flames, catching every single one with ease and continuing to juggle them, even throwing in a cheeky line about her not having a monopoly on this. Kat smirked at that, if she'd figured she was the only one here who could juggle, she would not have tossed him anything. This was for fun, not for humiliation. However, this didn't seem to be the end of it as he used his weird magics, pulling at the shadows around the room to... make an identical set of balls to her own. Kat frowned at this, sitting up and trying to examine the new balls, right up until Jokir sent one flying at her face. Years of training kicked in as she swiped the projectile away from her face in a panic, only just managing to close her hand around it at the last second before she instinctively sent it to the ground. A second one was already on its way, and Kat caught this one too, though a little more carefully. Seeing another three balls languidly flying towards her, nowhere near the speed of the first two, she lofted the first two, swiping the balls currently in the air and adding them into the rotation. She knew her face had fallen into her performer's mask, a confident smile that portrayed none of her near panic from before or her surprise that these shadow balls were the same as her own flame balls in every way but the look. With a widening of her grin, she pulled at the balls she'd sent over to Jokir, letting the magic inside her call to the flames until she was juggling eleven balls, the five she'd originally thrown, the one from the corner, and the five from the Shade. She tossed the Shade's balls back to him, and puffed out more and more orbs, sending them to spin around the ones she was tossing in dazzling patterns, faster and faster. Until finally, when it seemed like she couldn't handle any more, the flames merged together for a flash of blue and the little room was plunged into darkness. "We should probably get some sleep," Katarina said with a sigh. "Find a place where you're comfortable, the bed's mine." She followed up on her declaration by laying back down, wrapping what bedding was there around her and closing her eyes.

Deleted User - 819397

Feronia sat there, numb, as Adin left. The atmosphere in the room was tense, uncertain…she couldn't stand it. She looked up at Drael and his sister, her tears having freed themselves at some point. "You…you said you heard that Vulx exploded…if…if that's true…then he…he was warning us. He…knew about it somehow…acted like he didn't know when it was going to happen, but that it would…if he was right about that…then there's a chance he's right about there…being something." Gone was the angry, standoffish Stillblood. In her place was a scared young woman, grasping at straws to make some sense of what she'd experienced. "You said you were royalty…if you could…talk to someone…maybe look into what caused the explosion…we can figure out if there's…any truth to his words…ignoring it…if he's right…well, he made it sound like my kind are to be wiped out, why should it be…be…limited to…us?" Feronia found herself unable to continue as she was overcome by her emotions, burying her face in her hands, her sobbing silent.

After a moment, she recovered enough to look back up. "I…I need to sleep…I'll be back on duty tomorrow Uwe, Tekki…let me know if I can get you anything, ok? Drael…I…I'm…let's try to put what happened behind us, ok? I…I don't want to be fighting over trivialities when there's a chance…we'll have bigger problems to worry about than who ran into whom…night…" she rose and limped slowly out of the room. Once out of earshot, she began moving as quickly as she could to avoid running into anyone until she made it to her quarters. She didn't want anyone trying to comfort her right now. Once behind her own door, she completely broke down again, this time not making a particular effort to be quiet. Once she exhausted her emotions, she picked herself off the floor and removed her bloody clothes, sliding into a nightshirt. A quick scrub of her hands and face removed the rest of the other Stillblood's lifeblood, and feeling empty, she crawled into her bed. Tomorrow…tomorrow she'd be closer to normal…until then, she had the abyss of sleep to keep her safe from her thoughts…

DeletedUser13682

Uwe frowned at both Feronia and Drael as they both commented on his statement of offering revengeful help. "Guess old habits die hard," he shrugged, offering neither apology nor explanation for his statements. Shortly thereafter, Feronia stated confusion about the man's last words, especially about the exploding mountain, an impossibility to be sure. However, Drael was certain that Mt. Vulx had done that impossible act a few hours ago. "That would explain the earthquake, then. Bet is was a large explosion indeed for us to feel it as far away as Torpolis." Uwe had seen things that many would consider impossible, including his mother's orange tree trick, and as such was willing to believe the impossible act. Shortly after that statement, Adin ushered them into a back office, where the local constabulary later met them to attempt an explanation of what happened. As with everyone else in the room, Uwe was unable to shed much light on the situation. Most of the parties involved also didn't take too well to the Stillblood's corpse, Draenor even evacuated her bowels outside somewhere. Uwe, however, wasn't feeling much effect. He had seen death plenty of times, both before and after he became a merchant. The last time he had let a death affect him much was when his parents died. After that, he hadn't let anyone close enough to his heart to have that effect. After the interviews had concluded, Feronia excused herself, after breaking down slightly, despite her best efforts. And several people within groups he had traveled with had also been killed, sometimes violently so. "I'll get to bed myself," Uwe said, as he got up to leave. "Drael, Draenor, I'll find you tomorrow to talk about that trade deal, if that works for you. Sorry for not recognizing your royal status earlier. Tekki, we'll also talk tomorrow. I'd like to know more about Nuseni la... waters. Night everyone." Uwe headed up to his room and prepared for sleep. During his preparations, he could hear the sound of sobbing through one of his walls, the one in common with Feronia's room. Uwe debated heading over, before finally deciding that he should at least try to help. She seemed in a bad way earlier, and it was almost always beneficial to have another living person to talk to. Uwe threw his shirt back on and made the few step trek to Feronia's door. "Hey, Feronia. You alright?" Uwe asked as he knocked on her door. "If you want someone to talk to, well I'm here. If not, but you change your mind later, you know where to find me."

Deleted User - 819397

Feronia had barely closed her eyes when a knock at the door came to her attention. Uwe's voice sounded from the other side, asking if she wanted to talk. Her first instinct was to yell at him to go away, but…no, not after there'd been enough pain in one day for everyone already. Instead, she dragged herself out of bed and threw on a pair of shorts before limping over to the door and opening it. The Stillblood looked awful, her face red and blotchy while somehow simultaneously looking pale, her mismatched legs in stark contrast due to her not wearing long pants. Uncertain how to respond, she eventually managed, "Thank you for your concern…I didn't mean to worry anyone…I…I'll be ok in the morning…" After a hesitation, she added, "besides, I'm the one supposed to be making sure everyone else in the hotel's being cared for…I don't have time to feel like this. I'll be fine tomorrow, I promise. Thanks again for worrying…have a good night, Uwe." With that, she closed the door and reversed her steps until she was in bed again. He was only trying to help, but…she didn't trust people easily…it was hard to, when you couldn't trust any of your own kind, and they were the ones you could trust most easily. Still…the sentiment was nice at least…

Apelatia

Feronia didn't seem to understand the reasoning behind Tekki's offering her a drink, though this was perhaps to be expected. A person in shock was often unable to recognise what was best for them from her experience. Tekki went to retrieve a drink of water, though by the time she returned from the kitchen, they were all being ushered into the staff room to discuss the issue with the local police. Tekki therefore ended up drinking the glass of chilled water herself. When it came down to an interrogation by the police, none of the group which had sat around the table were able to give many details on the issue, so the local police left without much in the way of new information to go on. The others then began to leave the room, until Tekki was left with the two Dramoran nobles. She found it curious that nobility would choose to come to a common inn on a busy side street in the middle of Torpolis. Surely people of their standing would choose to dine somewhere perhaps a bit more classy? It was an intriguing question, but she thought it perhaps a tad rude to ask it of them at that point in time, especially considering that the younger of the siblings had recently had a regurgitation experience... What was also curious was that she recognised neither of the two from previous encounters. In her time on the agua-eleré council, many representatives of the different races had stood before them, though these two seemed to be newer to the political scene. Even if they had appeared before them at some point, it was highly unlikely that either would recognise her face anyway. She rarely found herself needing to speak when the council had guests from other races come to visit them, so often faded into the background as the other council members did their part in conversing. Downing the rest of her glass of water, Tekki rose from her seat and smiled at the two nobles. "It has been a pleasure to meet the two of you today, even though circumstances have been far from pleasant. I wish you both a safe journey to your lodgings, wherever they may be, and a comfortable and uneventful sleep tonight." This said, Tekki inclined her head before exiting the room. Making her way up the stairs to the first floor, she soon found herself outside her room, and was about to enter it when she spied Uwe standing outside a closed door, seemingly staring at the door. Amused by the strange scene before her, she called out to him. "Uwe, what has gotten into you? Staring at doors is an odd hobby to say the least, especially when the door being stared at is not the entrance to your own room." With a knowing smile set on her face, Tekki leaned casually against the wall awaiting an explanation, should Uwe choose to give one that was...

Last edited:

DeletedUser13682

Uwe stood in front of Feronia's door for an agonizingly long time, though it probably wasn't more than half a minute, before the unique sound of her footsteps echoed through the door. They got closer and closer and Uwe realized he didn't really know what to say. Sure he could say a bit about seeing death, but her race had been threatened extinction from something heralded by the explosion of a mountain, which Vulx had, according to the Dramoran royalty. What do you say about something like that? Uwe was denied an opportunity to figure that question out as Feronia, appearing as someone freshly woken, explained that she would be fine tomorrow and that it was her job to worry about the inn's patrons, not the other way around. "Uh, yeah. Night." Uwe stood in front of Feronia's door for who knew how long. It wasn't fair to Feronia to allow herself to suffer so. But if she truly didn't want help, there was nothing that anyone, especially Uwe, could do to make things better or easier. He didn't know how long he was staring blankly at that door, but apparently it was long enough to draw the attention of somebody. "Oh, hi Tekki," responded Uwe, with barely an intonation in his voice. He walked over to where she was standing as he spoke. "I was only checking up on Feronia, you see. She seemed pretty badly off after what happened earlier. She says she's fine." Uwe shrugged at that. "How are you holding up? I mean you seem well enough if you're still cracking jokes, but I don't know. Maybe you're feeling bad regardless. So, how are you doing?"

DeletedUser28032

Sitting impassively as a tear stained Feronia spoke of Vulx, the dead man's word and whether he could help her, Drael took a moment to consider all of this before speaking to her "There may be someone I can talk to...though I can't make any promises that I will get any answers without going there myself" he said as kindly as he could, though travelling to mount Vulx seemed a very real possibility at this point in time.
It seemed rather strange to him that some unknown group would target a single race for extinction causing him to wonder whether this was truly the case or whether the dying Stillblood had been simply focusing on his main goal of saving his own race's demise amongst many and that they were all in danger. He hoped he was wrong because something capable of wiping out a single race let alone all of them was a force to be reckoned with as not even the Dramorans in their hay day had even come close to achieving that.
It was at this point that his musings were interrupted by Feronia coming as close as she ever would to giving him an apology for barging into him and his sister earlier this morning "of course...think no more of it" he replied with a slight inclination of his head before bidding her good night, with the merchant; Uwe and then the Nuseni; Tekki leaving shortly afterwards with Drael bidding them both a good nights sleep.
Moving over to where his sister sat within her chair, Drael carefully helped her up onto her feet before looping a supporting arm about her waist "Drael...you...you won't tell father will you?"
"What? That you still get sick at the sight of blood?" Drael replied with a caring smile as he led her towards the door "Draenor I swear to you by the honour of the clan that I will not tell him about this, though all I will say is you'd best keep studying those strategy manuals so that you can stay as far away from the frontline as you can" he teased after making his vow to her.
After thanking the innkeeper for what he considered to be a wonderful meal Drael led his sister down the street to the apartment in which they were staying, wondering whether the next day would be as eventful as this one.

Apelatia

Tekki listened quietly to Uwe's "door-staring" explanation. Apparently, he had been doing so to see how Feronia was; the youthful Stillblood appeared to have taken the experience rather badly, though according to Uwe was insisting otherwise. Uwe then asked her whether she herself were fine, to which Tekki responded in her usual tone. "I am as fine as I ever will be! Life is too short to spend time being grumpy or miserable. Why spend time being miserable when you can be joyful? Some things might disgust me, but the death of a Stillblood in such a fashion is not one of those things." A short pause, then, "Feronia is clearly upset, but she insists otherwise... She seems to be the type of character that hides her fears, worries and hardships within herself, and suffers inwardly as a result. A true shame really... A woman of her age and stature should not have to face such anxiety and difficult by herself..." Tekki ended her short prose in a wistful tone, one almost akin to someone reading descriptive poetry to an audience. Using her staff to steady herself, the Nuseni looked inquisitively at Uwe. "What about you, Uwe? You seem to be likewise unaffected by the goings on here in the inn. Do you have experience with such things, perhaps at some point in your past?" The question posed was innocent enough, but it was unclear whether Tekki meant more by the wording of the question than she was letting on. Either way, it was up to Uwe to interpret the question however he wished and answer accordingly...

Once Uwe had presented his response, Tekki smiled briefly, before speaking again. "Do you think that Feronia would appreciate someone to talk to over the issue? I would judge myself, but as you are the one that saw her in her despairing state, I will need to rely on you to say yay or nay." This said, Tekki maintained her current pose as she awaited Uwe's response.