The Final Stand of Kauria

• Thread starter DeletedUser37114
  • Start date

DeletedUser28032

When asked if there were Dramorans in the area of mount Vulx that he could ask to aid in fighting the fires Drael hesitated before giving the rather unhelpful reply of "yes and no" knowing that this would not suffice he went on to elaborate "there are several Dramoran company's within that area I know about but only one of them is mine to command" although the twenty strong company's help would be appreciated but it seemed pitifully few in light of current events "brother there are always the...um...hunters" Draenor muttered quietly out the side of her mouth "The hunters?...oh...yes...them" Drael replied throwing an anxious look at Srilm before summoning one of the games stewards and asking for parchment and ink.
He had forgotten about the hunters his clan had dispatched to retrieve a magic user foolish enough to practice their art with Clan Naharis territory; the hunters would postpone their task in tracking down the offender in order to help fight the fire, Drael simply hoped that the captain would be wise enough to keep the Kerah in their possession hidden "I can get you thirty warriors, and a further twenty may be gained from Clan Tanaida" he said giving his sister a single silent instruction; the girl offering a small bow before leaving to go in search of the Clan Tanaida delegates.
Once the steward had arrived with parchment and ink Drael wrote a pair of messages in flowing script; the message to the hunters markedly longer and more detailed than the other "for your couriers Mother, I...trust their will be no need to examine the contents of these messages?" he asked casually enough, however the tone of his voice made it clear what he truly meant.
With the crisis dealt with as best as he could for the moment he turned his attention as to its cause "I promise you I do not know...the ground quakes in Dramor but never has it burst into flame...I have heard tales of individuals possessing...abilities...pertaining to fire, is it not possible that one of these could be to blame?"

Deleted User - 819397

Uwe was rather quick with his order, while the Nuseni whose name Feronia still didn't know deliberated an unhealthy amount of time before telling the Stillblood to choose for her. "…Alright then, I'll get the orders in right away, be back with your drinks shortly." She was careful to keep her tone professional…between the overly cheerful Nuseni and Adin playing games for gods knew what reason with Uwe, her temper was rather itching to get out, but not on the job. She retreated rapidly to the kitchen, almost plowing into Dawn, the other owner of the inn, Adin's wife. Unlike the stereotypical head cook, she was razor thin, her close cut brown hair speckled with spots of gray like her husband. "Ack, sorry Dawn, Adin put a rush on the orders here…" she quickly recited Uwe's order and put in for another stew for the Nuseni. In her opinion, the stew was superior, the salad being an option primarily for those who didn't like meat for whatever reason.

"A rush order? Adin, you'd give a customer the inn if they asked, I swear" the co-proprietor sighed good-naturedly. "No thought of the fact this'll cause some disgruntled feelings amongst those who're waiting patiently, of course. Though with the ground gone mad it's entirely possible they'll have more important things on their mind than a table going out of order. I'll have it ready in just a couple minutes." Without further ado, she turned and stalked over to the kitchen staff, giving orders in the same pleasant voice…Dawn was a firm believer in the power of kindness doing more for workers than any sort of bullying. It was part of why she and Adin made such good business partners.

For her part, Feronia grabbed the requested apple juice and tea and headed back out to the bustling restaurant. She handed the drinks off, adding, "Food'll be out soon, kitchen received the request. If there's anything else I can do, let me know." She limped off towards the other tables she was supposed to be servicing, and would return once their food was ready.

----------------------------------

Srilm was quite pleased with the Dramorans' willingness to help, though became somewhat off-kilter when Drael asked if the notes could be delivered without being opened. She had planned to simply send a spoken word via magic, but it was apparent that this wasn't a feasible course of action. Thinking quickly, she nodded, informing the noble, "I'll send them off myself, then…won't be instantaneous, of course, but they'll get there all right, and they won't be read." She held the notes up and blew gently on them. In a rather graceful display a pink flower rose up around the paper, only to have it fall apart into individual petals blown by the Drinden matriarch's breath. The notes were gone. With a small smile, she added, "They'll be somewhere they can be of use within an hour. Thank you for your help…I'm in your debt…if there's something I can do to return the favor, please just name it." After a slight bow, she frowned as Drael questioned what would cause a mountain to explode. "I cannot fathom the amount of power one would need to channel to cause something of that magnitude. Certainly it would kill the one casting, and I can easily imagine it taking multiple people to cast. However, the type of fire that has emanated from the remnants of Vulx has never been seen before. In addition, we have many laws in place to prevent fire from being used improperly…we all live in a forested world, fire magic is flat out dangerous. The odds of someone unleashing that amount of fire magic and no one noticing…next to none. However, I have a question for you, if you wouldn't mind…you mentioned that the earth has shaken before in your homeland…I confess to not knowing that piece of information…do you have any idea what could cause that? Perhaps knowing the cause of that end will explain the fire…"

Apelatia

The man across from her was very swift in making his own decision, causing Tekki to colour slightly at the realisation of how long she had managed to take to make her own. However, she soon lost this colouring as Uwe responded to her introduction most politely, stating that he was a merchant. He then explained how his business operated. He would buy goods at one location, before moving to a second and hopefully make a profit. Sensible, Tekki thought, as she listened silently. Most travelling merchants worked the same way, and Uwe seemed to be no exception in this case. Uwe then asked what Tekki would think of the "new, earthshaking development", and how it would affect the Nuseni realm in terms of their needing supplies and equipment... Tekki found herself momentarily at a loss as to what the man could possibly be talking about, before quickly realising that he was referring to the minor earthquake that had rumbled the Games' host city some time back. Tekki took a moment to gather her thoughts, before speaking to Uwe, still with a smile on her face. "The next event? You must possess the gift of foresight!" She laughed good-naturedly, before continuing. "Either way, the Nuseni are a self-sufficient people. We manage with what we have and deal with issues that arise. These small quakes affect our people very little, and would therefore not be considered as much of an issue. After all, what are a few waves on the surface of a body of water to a people living in the depths? Protection and supplies are not what the Nuseni need. What we need are insights into the cultures of other races, whether that be in exotic foods or in fine arts. I personally am an avid supporter of the sharing of unique products between the races of our land!"

Tekki was about to continue when Feronia returned with their beverages, placing her tea and Uwe's requested apple juice before them on the table, before setting off with her limp to serve other tables. The Nuseni woman watched the Stillblood depart, paying curious attention to her limp, before turning back to Uwe. "So, tell me Uwe! Where do you hail from on this delightful land of ours, and have you ever visited the Nuseni kingdom yourself?"

DeletedUser13682

Self sufficient communities. Well, at least the Nuseni thought that her country was capable of providing fully for itself. Well, except for items of cultural significance, that was. Tekki also seemed to think that there wasn’t going to be another earthquake in the near future. Uwe was bound to agree with her, though if the people thought that there would be another earthquake, then they would buy appropriately. “Foresight? Nah,” Uwe responded while writing in his notebook. “But, I do think they’ll return. And people will want to be ready.” Unfortunately for Tekki, she believed that no earthquake would affect the underwater world. “The bed of the sea is the same as the ground. The only difference is one is covered in sky, the other in water. Earthquakes will affect the Nuseni region just as they have affected this place.” As Uwe wrote some more figures into his notebook, Feronia returned with the drinks. “Thank you kindly, Feronia,” Uwe said, as he took the glass and nearly drained it. “How’s the inn’s stock on long storage goods? You need more, I’ll get them for you.” Uwe flashed a smile at Feronia before she headed off to other tables.

As Uwe wrote more in his notebook, Tekki stated that she was all for the exchange of cultural resources between the various races of Kauria. “Art dealer then?” Uwe asked, never looking up from his notebook as he nursed the little remaining apple juice was left in his glass. “I know a few art dealers. Don’t usually trade in it myself; it’s too risky, if you don’t trade in the local area. People’s hearts change too quickly. Then you’re just a somewhat unnecessary middleman. If they could get teleportation to work, I believe that far range art dealings will become very lucrative. A part of me is standing by for that day. Won’t happen though.” Uwe shrugged and looked up at the Nuseni, truly noticing her for the first time. The first thing that caught his eye was the unique fabric her turban was made out of, followed by the red and blue (or was it blue and red) mottling visible from beneath the jumpsuit. The visuals were topped off by black eyes framed by bright red lashes. She asked where he came from, a complicated question. How did Uwe properly answer that? He never really figured it out, but maybe it depended on who he was talking with. “My home town surrounds a lake, deep and blue and so very clear. My house was right on the river inlet to the lake. I’d swim there almost every day. Boat out to secret spots and fish. But I haven’t personally visited Nuseni lands. None of my trade routes take me close enough to justify a visit. Perhaps one day I will.” Uwe shrugged and returned to writing in his notebook.

Apelatia

Tekki listened with an amused look upon her face as Uwe demonstrated to her his inexperience with the Nuseni region, before going on to speak about where he had grown up. The man was rather vague in his description, not naming a specific area, but rather deigning to describe the place to her. Interesting, she thought, as the man opposite her resumed writing in his notebook. What he was writing, she did not know, but it was likely to do with his trade. She would have asked if she were in any other situation, but as it was she decided it might be rude to do so, so kept her curiosity to herself. Taking a deep breath, Tekki took a sip from her hot tea, which she had almost managed to forget had arrived on the table, before beginning to speak again. "Your first statement would be correct under certain circumstances, Uwe. However, here it is not the case. The majority of our cities and other dwellings do not sit on the seabed as such, but rather are suspended in the water by agua-eleré techniques that we have been able to develop over a great length of time, during which much hard work and expertise was required to...perfect...the methods that were developed... " Having finished her piece, Tekki took another sip of tea and then listened to Uwe speak again. Once he had finished, she laughed cheerfully. "Nuseni waters, not Nuseni lands. There are many forms of art, and different people have different tastes. There will always be some form of art that appeals to a person, whether that be paintings, drawings, statues or parts of nature... My personal taste is for sculptures..." Pausing to take a deep breath, Tekki continued again, this time on the subject of Uwe's home. "Your home sounds lovely, the fishing, the lake and all of it! What caused you to decide to become a travelling merchant and to move away?"

DeletedUser13682

Unfortunately, Uwe managed to display some lack of knowledge about Nuseni lands, or waters as Tekki would be want to rapidly correct anyone who made that mistake. She described her home, how it was filled with floating cities kept at certain depths by various devices and mechanisms called agua-eleré. Perhaps these techniques the Nuseni developed could give the terra dwellers a device to create floating cities. It wasn’t an idea that had much use, but perhaps if it was scaled down a bit, a device made for use by a small group of people, and given a means to move it around, perhaps there was a more successful idea. Uwe made a note about it on one of his pages. There was a reason that Nuseni technology hadn’t been applied to the rest of the world. There must be some sort of hold or ban on the export of Nuseni technology. Uwe didn’t know why, but whatever reason was behind it, Uwe probably wasn’t able to penetrate it and change that decision. “Your homela… homewaters sound, well, breathtaking. I’ll have to make sure I find a route that gives me an excuse to visit.” Tekki’s comment did give Uwe an idea to carry out that excuse. “Sculptures you say?” he asked, while taking a moment to stroke his beard. “I know a sculptor. Very good guy. The statues that he makes are so very lifelike, you almost expect them to step off their pedestal and move around the room. One in particular is just eyecatching. It’s of a woman holding her dead son in her arms. It almost made me cry the first time I saw it. It’s now in a lord’s castle. It’s possible you could commission him to make something. I am one of his trusted transporters, and we’ve spent time together. I’m sure I could introduce you if the opportunity arises.” Uwe couldn’t go back to his writing as the Nuseni insisted on knowing why he left. “Well now, that’s a question, isn’t it?” he stated obviously before continuing. “Well, that story really isn’t too interesting. Got bored. Of course it was idyllic, but not much happened. I wanted to travel the world, so why not do that and make a bit of money at the same time?” Uwe shrugged and began his writing again.

Apelatia

Tekki nodded her head, pleased that Uwe had come to the conclusion that he had. "Yes, many parts of the Nuseni kingdom are certainly breathtaking. You would enjoy it, I am sure. As a matter of fact, I would not mind being your personal guide if you did decide to come along, though you'd have to search me out first of course..." Tekki then listened carefully as Uwe discussed a sculptor that he had done business with in the past, before going on to describe a sculpture that pictured a woman holding her dead son in her arms. Tekki sighed in response, lacing her next words with an almost reminiscent voice. "Ah, a sculpture that touches the heart and causes emotion to spill forth... I very much approve of pieces that affect the soul of the onlooker in such a way." Then, reverting back to her normal cheerful tone, she continued, "I would be delighted to meet him if I was given the opportunity! That is, of course, if it would not cause too much issue on your end. I would hate to place added burdens onto an already-busy person for the sake of a conversation that might prove to be fruitless..." Tekki smiled encouragingly as Uwe then explained his ethos behind leaving home, it being more out of boredom than anything else. According to the human, he had wanted to travel the world, and had decided that making money would be a good excuse for doing so. Understandable, Tekki thought, though she suspected there might be more behind his decision to leave than just mere boredom. That reason alone to her seemed a little...inadequate to just pack up his things and go travelling, though she did not voice her thoughts. Instead, she sat in silence for a length of time, sipping her tea occasionally and glancing around at the other people sat at tables in the inn, as well as the still-limping Feronia serving the tables. She wondered if perhaps Feronia had suffered some form of accident to leave her in the state that she currently found herself in. Whatever the cause was, the injury, if injury it was, seemed to have been quite severe, as a lopsided body was not ideal under most circumstances... Uwe, meanwhile, had continued to write in his notebook though what he was writing she did not know. Perhaps he might be detailing his plans for sales in Torpolis, or maybe outlining the route he would take to his next destination. As she considered his writings, a thought struck Tekki which prompted her to break the silence and ask a question. "Tell me, Uwe. Having travelled the lands as extensively as you seem to have done through your work, which country or area, or even tourist attraction would you recommend to me the most to visit someday?" Conversation, to her was important. It built relationships, strengthened them and allowed connections to be built between many people. It was, as she waited patiently for her food to arrive, an apt way to be spending her time...

DeletedUser13682

Uwe shook his head at the Nuseni’s reservations at being introduced to the sculptor. “Don’t worry about it,” he said as he chuckled. “It would be no problem for me. Of course, I hope I’ll be able to find something as well in Nuseni territory. And he’ll make sure you get what you’ve come for, so long as he gets compensation. Even the most unimaginative people can be influenced by the muse to create a masterpiece with the proper application of currency for fueling their creative forges. Michael doesn’t need that help; he’s been creating statues nearly every day of his life. I’m sure if you order a sculpture for uh… well, I don’t know where you send the artwork you purchase. Still, you commission a sculpture from Michael, you won’t be disappointed. And I’ll probably transport it, and get to visit your waters. Perhaps I’ll be able to set up a trade route, despite your insistence that the Nuseni are self sufficient.” Uwe finished off his apple juice and set the glass upside down on the table, an indication that he was ready for more of the liquid. Luckily, Uwe managed to write in silence for a while before the Nuseni asked about what he thought the best place to visit was. “Well, now that’s a difficult question.” Uwe stroked his beard again, thinking about the problem for a minute. “Well, there are many different places I’ve been to, and nearly every one has its own charm. For you, however, a lover of the arts, I would suggest the city Michael resides in. Many cities have a few artists, but this city has somehow made its name as the haven of artists. Originally called Urbano Rogo, they renamed it Urbano Rifugio Artisto. Trying to get even more artists I guess. But nearly everything there has some artistic merit. You’ll get to see quite a few beautiful things.”

DeletedUser28032

Drael tried his best to suppress a shudder of revulsion as he watched the notes disappear in a flurry of perfumed flower petals; reminding himself that there were more than a few Dramoran customs that the other races found just as distasteful.
Using the subject of earth tremors to distract him from sorcery taking places in front of him, Drael clears his throat before speaking “That would entirely depend on who you spoke to…the religious amongst would say it was the god Vulcan forging weapons for the last battle where as the more scientific amongst us speak of the land being made of…Plates?...” he wasn’t too sure of the correct terminology or even the concept and it showed on his face as he tried to explain the unfamiliar concept to Srilm “…that move around and rub up against one another causing the earth to move and quake” he said rubbing the sides of his hands together in demonstration; quietly hoping that she wouldn’t ask any questions on the subject.
It was at this point that Draenor returned with a red skinned Dramoran female in tow “Brother, May I present Gael Ve’Tanaida, daughter heir of clan Tanaida, though I believe you already know one another?” the girl said formally enough, however judging by the mischievous twinkle in her currently bright pink eyes it was clear to those gathered that there was some kind of private joke “Gael I…I didn’t realise that you were in the city, I trust Draenor has told you of our request? I feel it would be of mutual benefit for us to aid the Drinden in this” Drael spoke clearly uncomfortable in front of the attractive clan Tanaida delegate “Yes she has told me…and in return for our warriors aid in the region we would like the agreement for the Vale of Tears” there was a sharp intake of breath from Drael at the mention of the disputed territory but he nodded his head all the same “very well Gael, I pledge to you all rights and incomes within the Vale of Tears for the next two years to clan Tanaida”
“Excellent! In which case I pledge to you the use of the thirty warriors within the mount Vulx until the crisis has been resolved to the satisfaction the Drinden matriarch, now I fear I must leave you though I do hope to seen you again soon…in the Aphrodite temple perhaps?” she said with a soft chuckle before turning to depart.
“So it is done, sixty Dramoran warriors at your disposal Mother, enough to conquer the entire region if you so desired” Drael said with a laugh, quietly hoping that that wasn’t the case The Drinden are the peaceful race right…oh gods I am not confusing them with the Nuseni am I!?

Apelatia

Tekki pondered on what Uwe had said about this "Michael" and his ability to make wonderful statues. The human sat opposite her was singing his praises as if he had never met anyone else as talented as the one whom he talked about. Such high praise was deserving of scrutiny, and Tekki decided that when she had the chance, she would pay this Michael a visit herself to see if he really was as capable and talented as Uwe declared him to be. The man then went on to describe how it would still be possible to establish a trade route, regardless of whether her people were self-sufficient or not. After Uwe had responded to her enquiry, Tekki took another tentative sip of her tea, which was still managing to stay rather hot, despite the length of time that it had now been on the table. She then placed it down again and spoke again in response to Uwe's recommendation. "Urbano Rifugio Artisto... I shall certainly add it to my list of 'places to visit'. It sounds like an extraordinary location, and one that I would certainly enjoy visiting at some point in the near future..." This said, Tekki moved her staff from her lap to allow it to stand against the table just beside her so that it would be within easy reach should she require its use. It was uncomfortable having something resting across her lap, and even more awkward having it sticking out from either side of the table, especially when the object in question was coloured silver. "I hope you don't mind this being here." Tekki stated simply, before adding, "It's not every day that I stay somewhere outside my own home, so I have yet to develop a decent method for storing this somewhere appropriate whilst dining..." Here she took a breath, before continuing in a rapt tone, "Speaking of dining, I do wonder what Feronia has chosen for me to eat... Oh, the suspense! ...and I am feeling ravenous. So, tell me Uwe, is this your first night staying here at the inn, or were you here before today?" At this point, it didn't seem that their food would be making its way onto the table any time soon. Tekki was still able to spy Feronia limping around the rest of the dining area, in the act of serving other customers. Perhaps the Stillblood had forgotten about the so called 'rush order'?

DeletedUser13682

As Uwe finished up the initial plan (it really was somewhat good, but depending on how quickly others caught on, it could be very time dependent; it could already be too late to maximize profit), he set his pencil down and stretched. Looking around the room, Uwe thought that it was probably expecting too much trying to get a rush order from a place as busy as this inn was. It seemed that the Games, despite the energy they added to the atmosphere, seemed to slow the entire city down and everyone contained within it. “When you do plan to visit Ura, that’s what most residents call it, I’ll give you some recommendations; places to visit, people to connect with, things like that.” As he said this, the Nuseni removed a staff from her lap and leaned it against the table. It was a fairly well made staff, probably cast silver depicting what was probably acts of water magic. Atop the staff was a carved blue coral. Uwe hadn’t seen anything quite like it, but quite a few magicians he had encountered used staffs to channel their abilities and talents. “You’re a magician then? I couldn’t ever master any magic. Trust me; my family tried. First was plants; that was my mother’s specialty you see. She could cause an orange tree to grow from a seed in under a minute. The tree was small, only a couple feet tall, but it still produced oranges. Pretty tasty, I might add. Best I could do was cause a leaf to move, though that was because I was breathing so hard, trying to concentrate so hard. Then they brought in an earth mover; he was our town’s biggest and most prosperous farmer. He and my mother worked together; he’d cause the fields to be plowed and she’d help the crops start growing. I couldn’t do that either; not even cause a pebble to budge or a grain of sand to levitate.

“Well my father, he was a fairly good swordsman. Maybe there was something a bit magical about him. He was very good indeed; even won a few local and regional tournaments. He thought that some of his skill had been passed on down to me. He had been training me a little bit, and I guess he saw some potential. Enough to warrant much more intense training once we discovered I wasn’t an earth mover. Guess that was my forte, for I did indeed manage to take to it like a fly to honey. Despite my seemingly natural skill, I was never much interested in it. The whole thing seemed kind of lacking in something. I know not what was missing. When I left home to become a merchant, my father gave me this sword.” Uwe reached down and unbuckled his sword from his belt and held it up for the Nuseni to see. The scabbard itself was simple brown leather with metal reinforcements on the bottom and top. The hilt seemed too ornate for the scabbard, with a pommel of a cross of gold and a soft black leather over dark blue silk handle. He pulled the sword out slightly, enough to reveal the silver inlay on the crucible steel blade; the silver inlay being a runic inscription. “That’s my family name, Lundhof.” Uwe allowed the sword to fall back into its scabbard and reattached it to his belt, then answered Tekki’s questions. “Well, if I were her, I would choose the meat dish. Meat is important; you’ll grow stronger that way. This is my first night at the inn, so I can’t attest to how this waiting time compares to the average.” Uwe shrugged and turned to watch Feronia’s progress and think about what he had told the Nuseni. The story itself had been basically true, minus the specifics on how he had received the sword and why he had left home.

Apelatia

Tekki let out a shrill laugh once Uwe had recounted the story of how both his family and himself had attempted to master some form of magic, though contented herself to listen until Uwe had finished speaking before she replied. It seemed that Uwe had been quite the talented swordsman in his youth, so much so that his father had put him through many hours of training to improve his skills in the art of swordplay. Towards the end of his piece, Uwe showed her his weapon, which was set in a rather plain-looking scabbard. However, the sword itself was more than impressive, having a black leather grip and a golden cross-guard, while the blade was engraved with his family's name, "Lundhof". Once he had put it away, Uwe stated that this was also his first night at the inn, and also suggested that Feronia might have chosen the meat stew for her meal, attesting to the fact that she would need meat to make her stronger. "Perhaps... Though I doubt that I'm going to grow much stronger than I am now at any point in the future, unless of course I discover a fountain of youth!" This said, she continued on the subject of her staff. "Ah yes, well you'll find that the vast majority of Nuseni are capable to a certain extent in the application of water magic, so I am not unusual in that respect. The staff was a gift from a friend, and I treasure it above most else that I possess. I'm not much of a mage myself, so the staff is more for appearance purposes than anything." Tekki smiled broadly, despite the fact that just about everything she'd said just then about herself and the staff had been utterly false, not that anyone needed to know the real truth of the matter. "I do very much like the look of your sword. The colours blend well together and give it a...majestic appearance. A fine blade, if I may say so myself." Resting her forearms on the table, Tekki spoke willy. "I wish I had brought with me one of my books. That would perhaps help me to pass the time that I spend in the evenings by, that is, when I'm not in the company of nice people of course... Unfortunately, travelling light has its downsides, and books were one of the luxuries that I could not afford to bring with me, on account of my shoulder pack's size." Tekki then placed a hand around her staff and began to trace her finger around the coral on the top, ready to respond should Uwe have anything to say or Feronia at last turn up with their separate dinners.

Deleted User - 819397

Feronia came limping up to the table with two bowls of the stew and a refill for Uwe, delivering them quickly. "I apologize for the wait, even with it being a rush order, there's only so fast the kitchen can go. I hope the wait is worth it though." The Stillblood hesitated for a moment, then added, "I'm apparently supposed to have a break, seeing as I've now helped two full rotations of tables I'm assigned to, but I'm not willing to leave you two without someone taking care of you. Towards that end," here she hesitated a bit, her personal desires to flee to her room conflicting with her professional drive, "…would you mind if I used a chair here at this table? That way I don't get in trouble for not taking my break, and if you need something I can still run and get it." She looked thoroughly uncomfortable for having asked, and stood there awkwardly as she waited for a reply.

------------------------------------

Srilm frowned as Drael gave two possible explanations for the earthquakes, both of them seeming somewhat outlandish to her…the Drinden as a whole didn't believe in a higher power than nature, and the concept of giant plates under the earth…who could believe that? However, she had asked, and respectfully listened to them, thanking him for his help in the matter when he'd finished. Draenor then returned with another Dramoran, and through a brief exchange Srilm found herself in charge of even more of the warrior race. "Thank you Gael, and you Drael, for your assistance…I didn't wish to impose as heavily as I have now done, but I can promise you we won't forget your aid in this time. If there's anything my people can do for you to repay the favor, you need just ask." She looked behind her to see that on the whole her delegation had recovered. "If you will excuse me, I need to depart for the night, to oversee what I can from our quarters here in Torpolis. I will give you a full report tomorrow morning, assuming of course that you'll be back here?" With the plans set, the Drinden delegation departed, tension clear amongst them as they did so.

DeletedUser13682

“I’m glad you find my story amusing. Really I do. Trust me. I enjoy entertaining people. Brings a smile to my face.” Uwe laughed along with Tekki, who held the belief that she wouldn’t be doing much growing anymore. “Oh, we all keep growing for the entirety of our lives. It doesn’t necessarily need to be physical growth; it could be mental or literary, maybe even metaphysical. Lots of growth to go around, and the source of it is meat.” The conversation turned back to their respective tools, Tekki describing her staff as a decorative gift, her magical abilities barely more existent than Uwe’s. Somehow, the conversation turned back towards Uwe’s sword, Tekki stating that it appeared to be of more noble origins than he ever insinuated. “The crucible steel is somewhat uncommon; it’s only made in a place called Uchcha. Don’t ask how my father got it; I don’t know. Still, it’s gotten me out of a few situations, well that and my skills with a sword, regardless of how much or little of that skill I actually possess.” Upon mention of having not brought a book with her, Uwe reflected on the problem. There was a man that Uwe had helped out a few years back, a traveling book merchant by the name of Salieri. He hadn’t been able to catch up with him recently, but last he heard, the merchant had opened a book store in the city. “Here’s the address of a book dealer I know.” Uwe wrote an address on a blank page of his notebook, ripped it out, and passed it to Tekki. “Not sure if he’s still open; I had heard of it over a year ago. But if he is, he’ll be there. Tell him I sent you and that I’ll make sure to visit him when I get the time.”

It was right around that time that Feronia finally arrived with their meals and a refill for Uwe’s apple juice. Despite the fairly slow time it took to get the order out, it had still come out and still very hot. Just like Uwe’s prediction, Feronia had brought Tekki a meat stew. “Thank you Feronia. You won me a fiver; well if I had made that bet. Please sit down. You’re making me uncomfortable.” Uwe patted the chair that Feronia had pulled up, and then turned to his stew. It appeared to be a very good stew, the kind one would need to finish off with bread. He took a taste of it, and found it to be fairly good. It could definitely use a different set of spices, but it wasn’t bad as it was. “Yeah, this isn’t bad. I’ll have to thank the cook later. Was thinking, Feronia. You’ve been here a while, and well it’s been half a decade since I was here last. You got any places to recommend for recreation? I won’t be making profit the entire time I’m here, and I doubt every place is closed just because the games are running.”

DeletedUser31931

Katarina decided to let him stay for the night and thus Jokir graciously bowed his head. As she set off, Jokir followed, his lithe build letting him keep up with her with ease in this forest of the metropolis. They made their way across the rooftops with the girl leading the way to her home, Jokir noting how the scale of the damage increased as they entered what he assumed must have been the older quarters of the city. Katarina scanned their surroundings as they approached her home and Jokir did too, his keen eyes ensuring that no Shade was following them either. Upon observing no-one, Jokir slipped in after her and watched as she summoned a flame and sent it out into the middle of the room as a light source. That must be her form of magic then... Jokir filed this information away for further usage later should the need arise. Then she insulted him. He bristled slightly. "Just as it might not be kind to remark on your kind's number of tails, it would not be a good idea to call a member of my race a thief. Due to our abilities it is an accusation often labelled at us and not one that some members of my race take lightly. Still, you have my word. So, how do you pass the time when you're here?" Jokir leant up against the wall near to the entrance, uncertain as to how to act in this woman's space. He would let her take the lead, for now.

DeletedUser28032

"Yes, that is our current plan...assuming of course no more mountains explode" he replied flashing the Drinden a dark humoured smile that showed far too many small pointed teeth to be comfortable "...and we shall give your generous offer some thought, but until then will shall bid you a good day" he said offering Srilm a sweeping bow before leaving her to attend to the rest of he entourage.
Leaving the arena Drael and his sister slowly traversed the still remarkably crowded streets towards the apartment that the clan had rented for them. It would be small but comfortable with furniture and furnishings shipped in from Dramor, however if it was anything like the other clan owned buildings it would be completely lacking food.
Catching sight of the Dawn to Dusk Inn; nestled within the same narrow street as the apartment where they would be staying, Drael made his way over and heads inside with the smell of warm food filling his nostrils “Excuse me good sir, do you perchance have a table for two more?” he asked the man he took to be the innkeeper. However with the inn already looking rather full things weren’t looking too good and Drael feared that the pair of them would be forced to wander the city in search of food.

Deleted User - 819397

Adin looked up in mild surprise as two Dramoran walked into the inn. It wasn't that they were Dramoran, but rather he had figured that everyone had found a place to stay the night already. However, it turned out they were currently looking for a meal, and that he could do. "We're busy, but we do have some space over at the far table, looks like. I'll take you over directly…it's a silver coin apiece for a meal, though if you'd like a room for the night it'll be a round three instead…six if you want two rooms." Once they had determined how much they'd be spending, the innkeeper brought them over to the table that Uwe and Tekki occupied…

------------------------

Feronia murmured a thank you as she dropped heavily into her seat. She rubbed the hip that connected to her metal leg a moment, then frowned a bit as Uwe asked about places to go. "I've only been here a few months, and I spend most of my time working or getting food for myself. Besides, I'm not one for going out to interact with other people, as you might expect." Her tone was tired…she'd been running around for the past hour or so without a pause, and this was after a day of navigating crowds larger than normal while running errands. It seemed she was to the point where her natural attitude was concealed under a layer of sleepiness. "However, I can come up with a couple of spots, I'll get some written directions to you later...and I know Adin keeps tabs on things to do around here." She rubbed her eyes a bit, then slumped back in her seat. "I should've known Games rush would be busy, but this…is a bit much." She had just closed her eyes when Adin walked up with Drael and Draenor in tow. The innkeeper didn't comment on Feronia's being seated…it appeared that he did indeed trust her work ethic enough to count on the fact this break was required and she wasn't imposing on the people there. The innkeeper departed, and Feronia didn't bother opening her eyes for the newcomers…one of the other waitstaff would get their orders, and damn it she was tired. She'd respond to any questions thrown her way, but otherwise, this was nice…

DeletedUser13682

Well, as expected, Feronia didn’t have too many ideas on activities and events around the town that weren’t involved with the Games. At least she knew a few places to hit up; not enough for a comprehensive list, but enough to warrant using a piece of paper. It was also indicated that Adin might very well have a much more comprehensive list; perhaps that’s what warranted using the paper. “Well, I do think I’ll be able to keep myself entertained regardless of the extent of this list. I’ll have enough work cut out for me tonight.” Uwe looked out a window, and saw that it was nearly dark. The shops would all be closed for the night, unless there was a special edict allowing them to stay open longer than normal. That should have been one of the first things he found out about once he arrived, but as usual Uwe had let that important detail slip his mind. “Say, are the shops open after night now? You know, due to the Games? Last time they weren’t, but maybe that’s changed this time.” Before he could receive an answer, Adin had brought two Dramoran to the table. Sure, the table could hold them, but there would have to be a bit of scooting and shuffling. “Welcome to our humble table,” Uwe said to the Dramoran as he scooted around. He nearly ran into Feronia, but that wasn’t really his fault. He always scooted to the left, and always scooted too far. It was a bad habit that he could never break, try as he might. “Sorry,” he mumbled before turning back to the Dramoran. “So, what brings you two here? To the city that is. Well, besides the Games. Everyone’s here for the Games. But almost everyone has another purpose for being here.” Uwe smiled before taking another bite of his stew. It really was good stew, and that bread was almost too tempting to wait until it was time to mop up the broth.

DeletedUser28032

"No, we already have lodgings thank you, a meal and something to drink is all we'll be requiring" Drael replied politely to the innkeeper as he placed a single gold Dramoran mark upon the counter. He wasn't sure what the exchange rate for Dramoran marks to Torpolis silver was but felt it should be more than enough to cover their expenses.
Following man over to the table Drael stopped dead in his tracks as he caught sight of the sleeping Feronia, opening his mouth to request another table only to be elbowed in the ribs by his sister as she mouthed the Dramoran word for behave at him.
Taking a seat at the table so that Draenor was between him and the argumentative still blood girl he orders a pair of stews and some red wine from the innkeeper before then turning his attention to his table mates; a human male and a Nuseni Female.
It was the human that spoke to them first; asking what had brought them to the city other than the games saying that everybody had another reason for being here "Our father wanted a representative for the clan at the games for...diplomatic reasons, anyway my sister Draenor here wanted to see the games and so here we are" Drael explained trying his best not to flash too many sharp pointed teeth as he smiled as it always seemed to put humans on edge for some reason...as did the horns, pointed tail, kaleidoscopic eyes and the long history of bloodshed and slavery; face it the Dramoran's were far from popular and looking mythical demons didn’t help matters "so what brings you two to the city then, If I may ask?"

Apelatia

It seemed to Tekki that she and Uwe were getting along quite well, a fact that made the future of potential contact between the two of them more vivid. "I'll have to agree with you there, Uwe. Mental and emotional growth are both options for me. I was referring to the physical side of things however..." Uwe then gave her the address of a book dealer in the city, to which Tekki responded happily. "Oh, thank you Uwe! You have truly made my day! I will be sure to pay this one a visit tomorrow if he is still around, and I will of course mention you. It's always nice for someone to know who is supporting them by sending business their way." At that point, Feronia then turned up with their meal, and Tekki found before her a meat stew. It seemed that Uwe had been correct in his prediction; the man stated that had they placed bets, he would have won a fiver. Tekki let out a peal of soft laughter in response to his comment, before setting into her meal, which tasted every bit as nice as it had been made out to be. Tekki was caught by surprise when Feronia, after a long, almost awkward pause asked if it would be possible for her to sit at the table with them as her "break". As Uwe had the Stillblood sit down, Tekki commented on her meal. "This is very good, Feronia. After your break, I would appreciate if you could send my kind regards to the cook."

The Nuseni then ate in silence as Uwe and Feronia discussed places worth visiting, though refrained from making any comment of her own, engrossed in her meal as she was. She would be busy enough tomorrow either way. There were always things to do, conversation to be made and places enough to visit that she doubted she would need to make any use of Feronia's list. Tekki's delicious meal was soon disturbed however by the appearance of Adin, with two Dramorans in tow. It seemed that the innkeeper intended to place them on the same table as her and Uwe. The arrival was a slight inconvenience, but not one which could not be overcome. Re-positioning her dinner plate as well as herself was easy enough, and Tekki soon found herself sitting closer to the seemingly exhausted Feronia, who appeared to be close to sleep in the chair beside her. Tekki almost made certain to move her staff so that it rested against the table between her and Feronia, rather than next to the two newcomers. Trust came with time, and it had to be earned, but that didn't mean that a mountain had to be overcome to obtain it. Smiling politely at the two well-dressed Dramora, Tekki waited until Uwe had finished greeting them and they had replied before making her own contribution to the conversation in her usual pleasant tone. "It is excellent to be seated with so many members of the different races around the same small table. This world's culture really has come on in leaps and bounds these past few years it seems..." She paused briefly, before adding with a broad smile, "My name is Tekki, and it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I am here in Torpolis on an adventure." It seemed that the two Dramora were brother and sister, and that they were in the city as official representatives at the Games, sent on behalf of their father. Positions such as theirs brought great responsibility with them...

Last edited: