The Final Coliseum: Victory, Death, or Humilation

• Thread starter Deleted User - 819397
  • Start date

DeletedUser28032

"It has only been an hour since our bout ended trust me the body will remain" Taranis replied confidently, resisting the urge to call him a fool as he did so "Just find the body and then tell us where it is...that or you can search the dead mans pockets yourself" he continued shrugging his shoulders in a manner that suggested that he really didn't care one way or another whether he searched for the bracelet himself or not, after all it wasn't like there was actually anything on the corpse.
"If you're not up to the task then I’ll find another but I was under the impression that you was actually good at something" Taranis sneered derisively before turning his back on the man as if to walk away, lightly placing his hand upon Laura's shoulder signalling her to do the same. If he went for the bait great, if not he would have to find another method after all there was more than one way to skin a cat.

DeletedUser31931

Frank watched and as he watched he thought back, no, Laura had definitely not been wearing a bracelet. It was then that he decided it was time to play his flush and hope that Taranis didn't have a royal. "So what do you really want from the body? Laura hasn't worn a bracelet for the last two days. I remember all accessible parts of her body bracelet free. Why do you want to find this dead body and what will you do to it? Also, I'm not risking my neck for you, especially when you lied to me about why." He asked this firmly, he wanted some answers from this man, or things could get ugly.

DeletedUser28032

Slowly spinning on the spot Taranis casually walks up to the other man and with the flat of his hand pushes him flat against the wall using just enough of his weight to pin him in place as he growled at him in a low menacing voice "Is that so? Been ogling her long? I seem to remember you have a thing for peering through key holes and listening to doors...have you been spying on her too? Perhaps I should put out your eyes and put a stop to your nasty little ways, what do you reckon girl?" he said directing the last of his conversation to Laura with an evil smile spreading across his lips as he did so relishing the prospect of causing pain, the beast deep within him tentatively scenting the air at the prospect of blood.
"Why I want that body is of no concern of yours and the reason you're going to look for it is because I have two rather large men waiting for a target and you're going to look awful funny eating your breakfast without any teeth" his emerald green eyes bored into Franks as he growled his threats at him, Frank had chosen not to accept his lies and so now it was time for him to become unpleasant…or at least more unpleasant than usual. Removing his hand from the mans chest Taranis take a single step back and although his arms appeared to be merely hanging loosely at his sides he was more than ready strike the man should he choose to do something unwise "So tell me what’s it going to be...are you going to look for that body or do I have to find somebody who actually has some guts?"

DeletedUser31931

As Taranis smashed Frank into the wall he remained calm. There was no point in loosing it here. Anyway, Taranis wouldn't kill not. Not since he needed him. Frank listened to what he said with a jovial smile on his face. At the threat to put out his eyes Frank started sort of listening. If Taranis did Frank would have to start fighting, and then Taranis would be sorry. He almost laughed as Taranis made his two men threat. Who did he think he was? "or do I have to find somebody who actually has some guts?" Frank smiled at the irony of this statement. "It's funny that you talk about guts." Frank said "since you obviously don't have any." He sidestepped and moved back from Taranis. Any attack he made Frank would be ready for. "Otherwise you'd just go look for the body yourself. If you aren't willing to do it then that body is special to the guards, and I'm not about to risk myself for you for an unknown reason for a body that is probably guarded for some reason. You had one man by himself, yet you appear visibly shaken. Something in that arena disturbed you, disturbed Laura. What did he do that was so bad that makes you now want to destroy his body? By the way, as for your two little buddies. I love to see them try to take me. Killing other contestants may not be allowed, but knocking their heads together would be quite fun." Frank spoke calmly, watching Taranis, even he could not keep emotion out of his face. Frank was fling information at the man, information he had been registering, figuring out whilst this whole conversation was going on. He'd learnt early on in life that information was power. He had figured out how to read information, and he now used it to good effect. He awaited Taranis' reply, the gauntlet had been thrown, now it was time to kick his opponent in the head as he bent to pick it up. If Taranis thought he was making the first move, then the first move was in Frank's head. He was ready for anything. Taranis could not hit him, but Frank could hit Taranis.

Deleted User - 819397

Laura had been stunned as the two men postured and slowly had their conversation degenerated closer and closer to a fight. Taranis had been insulting, yes, but his point about Frank noticing her closely enough to call the Sais man's bluff was valid. Out of all of the people she'd gotten to know, she trusted Frank the least. Taranis may be a truly rough person, but he was honest in his own way. Frank was an unknown. She couldn't see a way to defuse the tension though, so she resigned herself to wait, knowing any attempt to stop it would likely serve to irritate Taranis again.

DeletedUser13682

After the battle, Ferruccio had waved to Frank, then departed, leaving his familial rapier with the armourer, with promises that it would be well kept. Ferruccio believed that even if the armourer didn't care for the 'contestants', he cared about quality weapons, which the rapier was, having been made a few centuries ago by one of the most respected and skilled master sword smiths of the time, Leonardo della Piedmonti.

Ferruccio headed to his room, cleaned himself up a bit, and took a light nap. There was much to plan, and Ferruccio needed to be at the top of his game to pull it off properly. If the last party was good, this one needed to be great. After a light nap, Ferruccio set about cleaning up his room, and moving furniture to maximize space. He knocked on the door of Daniel Ortega, his neighbour, the one whose room was converted to a dance hall last party, only to find out from the other neighbour that he had died in the arena. Though sad, Ferruccio explained to the other neighbour, whose name was Jakob Zimmerman, if he would allow his room to be used as the dance hall. He agreed, only on the promise that he would get a bottle of wine for himself. Ferruccio agreed, and headed out to gather supplies and spread the word.

Entering the dining hall, Ferruccio grabbed a bite to eat, and recruited a few men to gather supplies for the party, on the promise that he could get them money, being the heir (if he got out of the arena alive, a stunt which nobody had pulled off successfully), of a cart manufacturer. After that was done, Ferruccio went to go find Frank, to tell him that it was time to prepare the food. After inquiring at his room, Ferruccio heard from a contestant that he was in the training room, talking to Taranis and Laura about something. Ferruccio thanked the man, and headed to the training room.

When he arrived, he saw Taranis and Frank facing each other, both with fury and hate in their eyes. Laura was standing off to the side, watching the situation, probably unsure of what to do. Time for the old Castrum Villari charm. "Greetings friends!" Ferruccio boomed out to the group. "The time is almost here for the most spectacular feast and dancing you have seen. The Second Inaugrial Coliseum Dance and Dinner is almost upon us. Your humble host, Ferruccio Fernando humbly and personally requests the presence of you, Taranis, Laura, and Frank. I also request any assistance for preperations, if you could provide any. I know it's much to ask, but my goal is to bring a bit of joy into the lives of us poor captives, and all help would be greatly appreciated by all."

DeletedUser28032

With his opponent momentarily distracted by the arrival of Ferruccio, Taranis lashes out with the speed of a striking cobra, landing a solid blow to the other mans jaw with enough force to send him stumbling back into the wall.
With his blow landed Taranis turns to face Ferruccio offering the man a cheery and entirely fake smile as if his attack on Frank had never happened, speaking in an almost friendly voice as he did so, although the slight traces of sarcasm weren't exactly hard to miss "Why thank you friend the invitation is much appreciated, though like I was telling our bleeding friend here I don't do fetch and carry...though the girl here may be willing to help she seems a more amiable sort than myself" he spoke gently pushing Laura towards Ferruccio as a volunteer for whatever menial tasks he deemed fit; the downside of being a ward being that you inevitably got all of the dirty jobs to do "Now if you will excuse me I have other matters to see to" he politely spoke to the group before beginning to walk down the corridor only stop after a few paces as if he'd just forgotten something.
Fixing Frank with a steely glare and that same evil smile that seemed to be an almost permanent fixture upon his face Taranis growled at the other man in a tone of voice that made it crystal clear that he wasn't bluffing "If you ever insult my honour again then you'd better have steel in your hand when you do so" with his threat made Taranis merely turns around and continues walking down the corridor and disappears around he corner before any rebuke could be made by the other man.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31931

As Ferruccio walked in Frank's concentration flickered for half a second and Taranis struck. Frank was smashed in the jaw, however in a split second he had time to prepare for the blow and it dealt him only half the force it should have. He wasn't bleeding and Taranis had lost. Taranis didn't realise he'd lost but he had. Frank knew his fighting style, a savage boxing type, attempting to use his feet. He straightened up and watched as Taranis swaggered off. Then turning around Taranis delivered his threat. Frank watched as Taranis then stole off before Frank could reply. "I'd be pleasured to help. Laura, I'll do your jobs too. My fault for putting him in a bad mood." Frank said, "Unless, of course, you want to help."

Deleted User - 819397

Things came to a head as Taranis punched Frank, but in the end things seemed to have worked out to what could possibly be called the best case scenario. Frank offered to do Laura's share of the work...not that she'd volunteered herself in the first place. "Thanks, but I'm fine with helping out. What do you want me to do, Ferruccio?"

(Sorry for the delay in posting here...I didn't have much to say at this point so I figured someone else'd chime in. My apologies.)

DeletedUser13682

"Taranis! Why did you attack Frank? Wasn't expecting that." Ferruccio was expecting it, though, but that still didn't make it ok. Ferruccio didn't know the origin of the conflict, but they were supposed to work together to protect Laura. It didn't matter, for in the end, everyone was willing to help. "Great, Frank, you're cook. Taranis and I should go find supplies. Laura, you can spread the word. I've got other guys helping out too. If you want to do something else, though, then just tell me, and we can work it out."

DeletedUser28032

He had walked straight to his room after his brief encounter with the other fighters in order to retrieve a shirt from in amongst his meagre possessions before returning to the dining hall in which several small clusters of fighters had gathered to eat, talk and gamble. Catching sight of the three thugs he'd spoken with the previous day he walks over and takes a seat beside them, the man he'd beaten to a pulp glaring at him but making no attempt to force a rematch.
"So do you have a name for us?" one of them asked momentarily catching Taranis off guard; he'd forgotten all about recruiting these guys to beat someone up not that t really mattered now "No the situations been dealt with though I have a different request" the thug shrugged his shoulders in a sure why not? Sort of way not wanting to risk the warrior’s ire "I need somebody to take a look around downstairs, get me the lay of the land so to speak think you can handle that?"
“We can certainly try I don’t suppose its any of our concern as to why you wish to go down there? After all getting caught down there is a sure fire way of getting yourself killed”
“You’re right it is none of your concern” Taranis growled causing the thug to raise his hands in a defensive gesture having seen enough of these tribal types to realise that picking a fight with them was an extremely bad idea and that threatening them would only make things worse “Also I need to get my hands on a weapon…a real weapon any idea’s?”