The Final Coliseum: Victory, Death, or Humilation

• Thread starter Deleted User - 819397
  • Start date

DeletedUser31931

As Taranis held Frank up against the wall he sighed, he could break out of this hold easily but it wouldn't put him in the best of favour so he decided to go along. "saw...power in sparring hall...was thinking about it... decided to come offer help." he finished, if Taranis did not let go soon then Frank would have to fight his way out which Taranis would not enjoy.

DeletedUser28032

(OOC:
Frank would have to fight his way out which Taranis would not enjoy
Actually he would thats the problem)

Taranis's eyes narrowed as the man in his grasp gasped out that he'd seen Laura's little show in the hall and had decided to offer his assistance "Oh I see...and you just were lucky enough to find her in somebody else’s cell?" the fingers about the mans throat began to tighten as the Taranis turned his head to look over his shoulder at Laura "Do you know this man girl? Because if not I want to know why he feels the need to help you" the last part of the conversation aimed at the stranger as much as it was Laura "...and he wants in return for it"

DeletedUser31931

(OOC: Are we going to have another fight soon?)

Frank decided to play his wild card against Taranis. "Just as you... were lucky enough... to find someone willing... to beat another person up for you..." He said his voice full enough so that Laura and Ferruccio could hear. "I followed you... what do you think? I was making... up my mind... but needed to know... where to find you." Franks hand prepared to lunge out in his mind. He had the whole fight mapped out. Taranis was an emotional fighter, he could guess Taranis' fighting style and would be able to take him down, Frank hoped.

DeletedUser13682

Frank, offering help? It did seem a bit suspicious, but not as suspicious as Taranis essentially adopting Laura as his daughter. Just as Ferruccio was about to respond to Frank, he was shoved aside by Taranis, and watched as he picked up Frank by the throat, and slammed him against the wall. The Cruithni demanded that Frank explain himself, which Frank did, to the best of his ability. It wasn’t acceptable to Taranis, and he continued to question Frank, with Franks responding, and adding something in about Taranis hiring somebody to beat another person up. This was getting out of hand. Ferruccio had to do something before a fight broke out.

“Taranis, this is my cell. I would rather you not act as its guard unless I hire you for the job. As it is, I’m fill that position very well for the moment. Now, please put Frank down. I doubt he means harm. We’re friends. Also, I would say we have no reason to trust what you say about, essentially, adopting Laura as your daughter and heir. Why can’t anybody else want to help somebody in this Coliseum without anything in return? Now, please, Taranis, put Frank down before a fight breaks out. I don’t want guards dragging us all to who knows where. None of us will be able to carry out our plans if that happens.”

DeletedUser28032

(OOC: phew...thank you Johann for a minute I thought I’d be forced to kill Frank )

"So you have been spying me...perhaps we should see how well you can do that without eyes" Taranis growls menacingly as he takes his free hand and takes hold of Franks head in such a way as to drive his thumb through the mans left eye, the dark green eyes glaring out from the blue tattooed face telling him that this was no bluff.
However it is at this point that Ferruccio decided to intervene scolding Taranis for his actions and telling him to put Frank down in a similar tone of voice used by mothers telling small boys to give his younger sister her doll back.
Turning his head away from Frank, Taranis seems to study Ferruccio for several seconds before shrugging his shoulders "As you wish" suddenly releasing his grip about Franks throat though not before he'd positioned his leg to catch him on the way down and send him sprawling into a heap, something the Sais man seemed to find highly amusing as he moved to stand beside Laura chuckling as he went his eyes flashing from green to muddy brown and back again something that tended to happen when he got annoyed "So go on friend...Speak...let us hear you valuable thoughts since the carpenter has gone to such lengths to save your eyesight" Taranis called mockingly, his arms crossed against his chest "Oh and for the record I do my own dirty work...and enjoy it"

DeletedUser31931

Frank stood up and brushed himself off. Next time Taranis came at him he would be more prepared and have a neat counter move for Taranis. "You two are suggesting that she just run in and swing a sword with the right technique and hope to win or otherwise use her power. That's a bad idea if you ask me. When she reaches the higher levels if she does manage to by your training then she will run in, charge at them they will evade her and slash her down her back as she doesn't have a clue about how to evade properly. I could teach her that. I spent years living in the towering forests of the south, I learnt how to be nimble and climb trees and keep my balance amongst other things. My agility and stamina are very good. In that sense I would be the perfect person to teach her. The training ground is....undesirable but I will make do." Frank finished hoping they would see sense. If they truly want her to live then this would have to be done. Without at least the basics of evasion she would probably die within the first few fights.

Deleted User - 819397

(The next day is a fight...I've decided to move up what I was planning for the 3rd fight for the next one because Tiger's character needs some social interaction. More coming on that later)

Laura frowned as Frank explained his reasoning helping her. "You still haven't explained WHY you want to help me." She looked at him funny for a moment before adding, "We've never even talked before, you may have to kill me tomorrow, and you're willing to help me. Ferruccio's been nice to me from the start...Taranis...I can see a kind of logic behind his reason for helping me, even if I don't trust him yet. You...there's no reason you'd want to help me that I'd trust. Why the sudden interest?"

DeletedUser31931

"I know Ferruccio" Frank replied to Laura's speech which had a point "and two other reasons. One I can't really explain, I feel drawn to you can't really explain why but I get feelings about people, and you are a feeling of mystique but with a touch of goodness. Lastly I'm interested in the power. I try to learn about all the powers as much as possible to see why they occur. Is it god or the devil? I just want the answer and I get the feeling that I might get it with you." He finished, he also owed it to a woman who had once saved his life. That was another story which he might tell her later if they were alone, but Taranis definitely could not hear this story.

DeletedUser28032

"Oh yeah...I am sure your really interested in her" Taranis mocked letting the obvious innuendo hang in the air, however as Frank proceeded to speak of powers and whether or not they the work of deities Taranis found a sudden anger take hold of him as the fool inadvertently reopened wounds that were still very raw "What do you know of the gods? You dare think yourself arrogant enough to divine their intentions?" he snarls, the words coming out in slow measured bites as he tries to keep control of his growing temper "Would you like to see my power friend? How about it? do you think my gift was bestowed upon me my a benevolent god looking to do me a good turn?" he continues, slowly approaching the man, his hands bunching up into fists and muscles in his arms seeming to tremble with pent up adrenaline, his eyes no longer flickering between the two colours but now a solid reddish brown colour with barely any trace of white around them "Do not mess with what you cannot understand!" he roars revealing teeth that for a few moments appeared longer than they should be not that anyone one of them could tell for sure if they even noticed at all.
With his chest heaving liked he'd just fought a bout in the arena Taranis turns those strange feral eyes upon Laura as he speaks in a low steady voice to her "When your done talking with these two come to my cell and I'll try and teach you something that may keep you alive...but I need to leave before I lose it completely" without saying another word Taranis barges past the others storms off down the corridor towards his own cell.

Entering the tiny room Taranis slams the door closed and throws the bolt in place before pacing the room back and forth, taking deep breaths as he tried to regain some measure of composure. Calm yourself man the fool knows not what he speaks of, let it go yet as he continued to pace his hands gripping tightly onto his long red hair he found that instead of lessening his temper was in fact growing to a point where could no longer recall what he was angry about.
Seizing the simple straight backed wooden chair he smashes it into the wall with a splintering crack continuing to do so until the floor of his cell was littered with a thousand splinters of wood and the chair was reduced to little more than kindling it was only then that he started feel calmer once again

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31931

Frank stood calm as Taranis approached him, he had seen this with people's powers before. Someone in a village had had a power and it had driven them insane until they had been sent to the arena, travelling merchants later brought the news he had died in his second fight. Frank heard Taranis roar and before he left said "That is why I meddle, I do not know but I want to know, if we can understand them we can figure out why people can get them and how to make them go away if people want them too." He finished and let Taranis walk out the room. He really was a bully, big and tough on the outside but hurting underneath and using his anger to mask that hurt. It wouldn't end well unless someone, and maybe only Laura could, reached out to him and heal that anger.

DeletedUser13682

Ferruccio sighed with relief as Taranis put Frank down. He didn’t want to use his power, but if Taranis attacked Frank again, he just might have to act. Laura asked Frank why he wanted to help her. It was a fair question, and Ferruccio hoped that Frank would be able to give a good answer. Frank did give a good answer, at least it was good enough to ease Laura. Taranis, though, wasn’t eased by Frank’s answer. First the snide comment, insinuating something a bit more physical than seemingly academic interest. And then, Taranis nearly snapped again.

It was a slow thing, but Ferruccio could see that if he didn’t act fast, the threats might realize themselves. Ferruccio hadn’t used his power in maybe a few months, if not longer; he didn’t know what exactly would happen. Still, he mentally prepared himself to activate his power. Before he could realize it, Taranis had turned to Laura, and told her to meet him in his cell, the left. Ferruccio calmed down, then thought about the events, and how Taranis looked. “Those eyes, and the teeth. They’re the same as a vampire’s,” Ferruccio said to the two remaining people in his cell.

Shaking his head, Ferruccio stated, “I hope he can get better control over that. Seems like Taranis’s power is activated by extreme emotion as well. Guess that means I’ll have to try to teach you and Taranis to get your powers under control, just for the fact that I have mine under control, in that I can call on it whenever I want. Just like the rest of us, except maybe for Frank, I also have to work on honing my power.” Grabbing the bottle of wine that was still sitting on the dresser, and his cup, Ferruccio took a drink from the cup while passing the bottle to Frank. “You might need a bit after that shock. What about you Laura? Need to calm your nerves a bit too?” Ferruccio gave a laugh before continuing. “I don’t think it would be very safe to go to Taranis’s cell alone. I’ll come with you, and Frank will follow behind a bit. I don’t know what he has planned, but I’d rather there be a way for you to get out if it gets out of hand. Agreed?”

DeletedUser31931

Frank refused the wine saying "I'm fine, don't worry about me." he listened to the rest of Ferruccio's plan. "I'm all up for that." Frank said, "Also I don't exactly have a power, never have done, maybe never will. Who knows? I've heard of powers developing as late as fifty. One thing is for sure though, we shouldn't go yet. Laura, can you describe to me what happens with you power with different emotions, like fear. You must have felt fear when you were in the arena, what happened, if we can understand that we might be able to control it." Frank finished this thought pondering the possibilities. A power that changed to reflect the mood of the user. That was interesting.

Deleted User - 819397

Laura frowned at Frank as he persisted in his attempts to find out the details of her power. "Despite the fact Ferruccio trusts you, you're certainly acting like someone who's just trying to find out my power to defeat me with ease should we end up matched," she stated dryly. "Look, it's odd to me that in a place where people kill each other regularly that there's three people who want to help me. Particularly when one of them has taken pleasure in belittling me at every turn and another one hasn't even talked to me until five minutes ago. I...I need some time to think about all this...I mean...I got lucky once...who's to say I can't do it a second time? I...I just need to think about all this for a day or two...I'm sorry..." She left the room, not sure what else to say.

DeletedUser28032

It had been a close run thing this time and Shae knew it as she moved down the corridor using one hand to steady herself against the wall the other to clutch the side of her face with red stained fingers. She hadn't even seen that last blow coming, she had been certain that his left arm was useless after she'd hit it within the opening seconds with a javelin...shows how much she knew.
With the roaring of the crowd still ringing in her ears and half blinded from her injury she never even saw Laura until she stumbled into her, falling to the floor in a heap as she was far too unsteady on her feet to stop herself "I am sorry...I didn't see you I am really sorry" she cringed pitifully, unaware of who it was she had run into and that if they decided to give her a beating as some were prone to do then she would be unable to defend herself in her current state.
In truth she was a mess, with her bloodstained hand clamped across the left side of her face hiding a wound and with a pair of hastily patched up sword wounds; one on her upper leg and the other just below her ribs on her right side both of which had screamed painfully as she had made contact with the ground. Her red hair was in complete disarray and as well as her wounds it was obvious that she was completely and utterly exhausted as she struggled to pull herself one handed back onto her feet and get the hell away before whoever it was decided to take advantage of her currently weakened state.

DeletedUser13682

Ferruccio frowned at Frank as Laura left. “I guess I really can’t blame you, though. You didn’t know she would do that. I’ll go find her. You stay here, in case she returns.” Ferruccio left his room, and headed down the corridor, toward where he thought was Laura’s room. He wanted to get there before Taranis decided to do something that would hurt Laura. He heard a woman scream in pain, which prompted Ferruccio to run in that direction.

He arrived to find a woman on the ground, bleeding, with Laura next to her. “What happened here, Laura?” Ferruccio asked, as he got down to see if he could help. He recognized the woman as Shae, from the party last night. She had a few sword wounds that weren’t patched up very well. “I’m not a doctor, Laura, but I think I can help with these wounds a bit.” Ferruccio thought, but all he could think of was to sue his jacket as a bandage. He took it off, and ripped it into strips, tying them off at the wounds. “Can you go find a doctor, Laura? I can’t do anything else here.”

DeletedUser28032

Disorientated, Shae tried her best to fight off the unknown man however she was far too exhausted to do this for long and so eventually allowed him to bandage the wounds with his coat a kindness she hadn’t expected from anyone in this place. However upon hearing him ask someone to find a doctor for her she begins to panic "NO!...I don't want a doctor I...I just need to rest...I'll be ok" she said her fear clear for all to hear as she once again tried to pull herself off of the ground, however feeling completely drained after her bout in the arena and with her left hand still clamped to the side of her face she struggles to get much further than a sitting position before slumping back down again.
Looking up at the two people standing over her she recognises one them as the girl Taranis had chosen as his ward, Taranis wouldn't be able to help her but the girl might "Its Laura isn't it? Please take me back to my room I just need to rest" she quietly pleaded the last thing she wanted was for one of the doctors to see her.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 819397

From the moment Shae had bumped into her, Laura had been frozen in shock. This last request got her moving again though. "Shae...you're seriously hurt...why don't you want a doctor? I...I'll help you back to your room, but you have to give me a reason why you don't want medical attention on the way...ok?" All the events of the day just kept compounding, and Laura's head felt as though it were about to explode. She couldn't take much more, or else she'd have a headache that'd last until the next day, hurting her chances of survival.

DeletedUser28032

Nodding her head in agreement to the question Shae lets the young girl pull her onto her feet and with an arm about her shoulder heads down the corridor "The doctors here...they're butchers...they'll only make matters worse” she said after a little while though she didn't give the rest of her reasoning for not seeing a doctor until the two of them were safely within her room and the door shut behind them.
Removing her hand from the side of her face Laura is able to see the full extent of the wound that had been inflicted upon her; the long jagged scar running from her hairline straight through the middle of her eye to stop just beneath her cheek bone, the inside of her eye completely drenched in blood leaving the girl without any doubts that it was blind.
Slumped upon the edge of the bed with fumbling hands Shae begins to undress speaking as she does so "What do you think happens to those that can't fight? they either get shipped out to work as slaves or are thrown in the arena against the new bloods as their first easy kill that is why I don't want to see a doctor" stripped down to her small clothes she unsteadily makes her way into the tiny bathroom and then gingerly begins to wash the blood from her face hissing in pain as she does so "We have longer recovery times between our fights than you do, so I should be able to recover so long as nobody finds out...finds out that I can't see" fat heavy tears begin to slowly roll down her cheeks grateful for the first time since coming to this place that there wasn't a mirror in this place in which she could see herself.
Staggering back over to her bed she carefully slips beneath the blanket "He means well you know...If you let him he would be your greatest ally...he would fight to the death for you"

Deleted User - 819397

Laura was mortified by the wound...large, gashing, and quite, quite bloody. "Y-you need to get that looked at...if it gets infected..." she trailed off, realizing that Shae's reasoning for not going to the doctor was clear enough to make sense. She'd be doomed if any official knew. "Ok...I understand...but, you have to tell me if there's something I can do to help you...ok? No one should try to handle something this large themselves..."

Shae then gave a statement that Taranis truly wanted to help Laura. "Last night you said that there was nothing I could do to change his mind...you were sorry that he'd done this...that doesn't exactly ring true with what you just said..."

DeletedUser28032

Turning her head so that she could see Laura properly Shae offers her a weak smile "I have just received a rather major blow to the head so you'll have to bear with me if some of the things I say don't make too much sense" a quiet laugh briefly escapes her lips before causing her to grimace in pain.
Patting the edge of the bed she invites Laura to sit as she speaks to her "What I meant was...Although there is no way you can make him release you from being his ward and you were unfortunate to be chosen through whatever twisted logic he is using...you are not his slave and so he will look after you...has he spoken to you about this? has he told you anything about what he intends?"