The Final Coliseum: Victory, Death, or Humilation

• Thread starter Deleted User - 819397
  • Start date

DeletedUser28032

The whip once again cracks through the air however with most of its reach now gone Taranis finds himself more than capable of dodging the weapon as he moved in for the kill bringing both blades round in lightning fast killing blows.
Falling back on her martial arts training Lynda dodges out of the way of the first blade aimed for her mid drift only to have the second blade slice across her forearm, a fraction slower and it would have cleaved open her chest.
Tossing the now useless whip onto the sands she draws a Tanto knife from out of her, boot originally intending to use it for delivering the coup de gras once her opponent had been worn down and cut to ribbons by her whip, never intending to actually fight with the weapon.
Dodging and weaving the two gladiators agilely danced around each others attacks dodging, weaving and occasionally parrying their opponent’s weapon with the loud ringing of steel echoing around the arena.
Evenly matched in speed and agility it look as if the fight would last all night, a pair of officials arguing loudly about what to do if such an anomaly should occur. However unlike Taranis, Lynda wasn't used to such prolonged bouts of vigorous activity and although the tattooed Sais was breathing heavily it was the Lynda that was to make the first and final mistake.
Surging forward with a single anguished cry she swings the Tanto in a long sweeping arc hoping to cut her way through Taranis' defences and slice open his belly and had she had the time to do so she would have been shocked by speed with which her opponent took advantage of the situation, but unfortunately it was all over within the space of a few seconds.
Bringing his blade up in a powerful vertical swing he rips the Tanto from her weary hand sending it flying into the air seconds before the second blade opened her throat.
He stands there stunned barely able to comprehend that he has won as the woman clutching the heavily bleeding wound in her throat drops to her knee's before him, her eyes staring up at him pleadingly all of the fight gone from within her By the gods...I've killed her...I've really killed her, why is she staring at me like that?, I didn't have a choice...I had to...you gave me no choice....Stop staring at me!
Roaring loudly no longer able to control the battle frenzy still strong within him Taranis swings his blade again severing the fingers clutching her throat, a spray of bright arterial blood washing over him as he swings again and again and again. No longer fully in control of what he was doing as if some wild beast had taken control of his mind, inhuman sounds issuing from out of his mouth as his blade final crushes its way through the spinal column. With a crazed feral look in his eyes he holds the severed head aloft by its hair, the spectators staring down in horrified amazement at the blood soaked tribal unsure as to whether they should be ecstatic or repulsed by its brutality.
As if trapped within some horrific dream, a nightmare even, Taranis hurls his bloody trophy into the stands before sleep walking back into the armoury and dropping his bloodstained weapons before the armourer is that fear in his eyes? My gods he's scared of me he thought to himself although the act of thinking had become painfully difficult for him as every single nerve in his body seemed to jangle violently like he was on fire.
As he leaves the armoury he can hear someone shouting from behind him but he cannot discern what they are saying probably something like stop you can't go yet not that Taranis really cared as stepped into the corridor through which he'd entered blindly staring with glassy eyes unsure as to what he was looking for or what he should do now and with only a single thought within his head… by the gods they were right I am a beast.

Deleted User - 819397

As Randall charged again, Laura watched her body point the staff and send out another bolt of electricity. As he fell backward yet again, instead of stopping the assault, the staff pumped even more electricity. Now that she couldn't control her body, her senses had returned, so she could hear every bit of her opponent's agonized screams as bolt after bolt arced through him. She wanted to stop...wanted to give him a chance...but she no longer had a choice in the matter. All she could do was hope Randall gave up quickly.

In the end, Randall stopped trying to get up, laying there, tears streaming down his face, his body jolting occasionally as leftover electricity loosed itself upon him. Laura stepped up and kicked the sword out of his hand. Randall looked up at her through pain-filled eyes. "Please...I...I surrender...please..." he whispered, so quietly the announcer couldn't hear, meaning it wasn't registered that he had bowed out. Laura watched her arm raise, the sharpened end of the staff pointed straight at Randall's right eye. "No! Please! NOOOOOO!!!!!" the pitiful boy screamed, finally finding his voice again. No...don't do it...Laura pleaded her body, but to no avail. Her arm thrust down, and her opponent died instantly, the staff going through the eye to the brain.

Instantly the staff disappeared, and Laura found herself in full control of her body again. Unable to look at the corpse of her opponent, Laura turned away, tears streaming from her face. Why couldn't she control herself once her power activated? He had surrendered...there was no need to kill him! The announcer was screaming about the victory...the guard from the armory ran up the stairs and guided her to the nearby medical bay, where a mage trained in healing looked at her cut. "This is a clean gash...this won't even scar when I'm done..." the man muttered, casting a quick spell to seal the wound. She was then released, put outside the original entrance to arena 9. Her legs unable to support her weight anymore, she collapsed, sobbing helplessly...Randall's pleas for mercy ringing in her head as she cursed her ability and all it had brought her.

DeletedUser31931

(OOC: LR I'll take control) As Frank saw his opponent walk out he saaw the two lances and heard his opponent. Frank drew his bow and notched an arrow. "3...2....1..... FIGHT!" and Zytak raised his lances and charged. A lance, Frank thought, a slow lumbering weapon it's best move the charge, this would be easier than he thought. Frank stood unflinching as Zytak thundered towards him. Frank raised his bow and shot an arrow straight into Zytak's arm causing him to drop the second of his lances. Zytak cursed but he had no time to pick the lance up as Frank drew his hand and a half sword and charged. Zytak charged again but just as they were about to meet Frank planted his sword in the ground and using it as a lever he swung and threw himself into the air (this is his ability, extreme levels of agility and stamina.), Zytak tried clumsily to lift up the lance to catch him but to no avail. Frank landed and rolled, Zytak dropped the lance realising it would do him no good when his opponent could do that. He pulled Franks sword from the ground and charged. Frank pulled his bow back out and notched another arrow and shot it into his second arm, Zytak screamed in pain but didn't drop the sword. The crowd was screaming now, Cheers of "Come on Frank!" and "Go Zytak!" were rife among the crowd. Frank re-sheathed the bow and pulled his short sword out of the sheath and his shield (OOC: just thought I'd mention this, the shield is a Roman Legionary Shield) as well. The two were just getting warmed up.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Planting his left handed sword into the ground, like the root of a great oak tree, Daniel stood defiantly. His lips parted in a fierce battle cry that would have shaken anyone who heard it -- luckily for Argent he was past listening, past the cheers in the stands or the narration of the announcer. Argent was a great but merciful cat, stalking around his pray always staying just out of reach, circling around Daniel who hobbled to keep him within sight.

"I wish for you to surrender, brother." Argent darted forward, straight towards the swordsman. With a flick of his wrist, Argent sent the tip blade in Daniel's grasp flying downwards, sparks arcing off Argent's claws as he did so. Too fast for the eye to follow, Argent hammered the gladiator's stomach thrice with his closed fist, each time feeling his hand sink into Daniel's stomach and crunch.

Stunned, his breath knocked from his lungs, Daniel was powerless to stop Argent's next move. Pivoting at the waist, Argent wrapped his left arm around his opponent's neck and rolled the man across his back. Argent grated his teeth together as the sword that had previously planted Daniel to the ground drug across his back, slicing in just deep enough to cause excruciating pain. His opponent lay helpless on the ground between his feet, trying to bring up his sword, but Argent stomped down with all his might, pinning the sword to the ground beneath his boot.

"Surrender, brother." Argent commanded, even as the hand he held cocked back began to glow with the light of his power, ready to strike at any moment.

DeletedUser28032

Staring down at his blood soaked hands as if he'd never seen them before Taranis hears the sound of sobbing coming from nearby. Turning his head slowly in the direction from which the sound was coming from it took him several moments to register Laura's presence within the corridor and several more to actually recognise her, so confused and jumbled were his thoughts. Still in that sleepwalkers state Taranis approaches her, the intricate blue tattoos covering his arms and face obscured by the heavy coating of somebody else’s blood making him look like some ghastly spectre of death "I killed her you know...I never realised that there would be so much blood...I...I cut off her head like an animal" he spoke staring down at her his voice flat and emotionless with a look of utter confusion upon his face as if he couldn't comprehend what he had just done.
Seized by a sudden urge, Taranis drops to his knee's in front of her and seizes either side of her head with his hands smearing blood across her cheeks as he forces her to look into his eyes as he frantically begins to babble like a madman "I didn't let it out you know....I kept it locked up...it wants to come out but I didn't let it...its in here you know just waiting to get out" removing his hand from the side of her head he taps his temple laughing almost hysterically.
The laughter suddenly stops as he claps a hand over his mouth and runs to the opposite wall to be violently sick maybe I shouldn't have had breakfast after all he thinks to himself as his mind begins to return once again to normality.
Being sure to avoid standing in his former breakfast Taranis moves to stand in front of the girl once again, the tears in her eyes causing him to remember the pleading look in Lynda's eyes as she'd dropped to her knee's clutching her throat moments before he'd lost control entirely "Stop crying girl you're acting like a child!" he snarls suddenly finding the girls tears infuriating. Grabbing her good arm he yanks her onto her feet not caring whether he hurt her or not in doing so "Come, we're going to drink"

Deleted User - 819397

Argent

Daniel struggled for a moment, but could find no purchase against the monk's defense. "I...I was going to die anyway for my crimes," the murderer muttered in a different tone then he'd used so far. "I will never be able to fight again, with this leg, so I'm doomed no matter what I do...just kill me...if you have any mercy, kill me, so that I might atone for my crimes in the Underworld sooner, rather than delay the inevitable.

Laura

Trying to get the sight of her mercilessly killing Randall out of her head, Laura rubbed her eyes, her sobbing persisting. She heard someone approach, but didn't care, such was her misery.

"I killed her you know...I never realised that there would be so much blood...I...I cut off her head like an animal"

Recognizing the voice of her tormentor, she didn't react...he almost seemed to be talking to himself, meaning there was a chance he hadn't noticed her. That hope was dashed a moment later when he roughly grabbed her face and forced her to look in his eyes. She could feel the blood on his hands rubbing off on her cheeks, and the madness in his eyes scared her terribly, adding to the horror she felt over the fight. The babbling about something wanting to come out of him didn't help matters any.

He suddenly spun around and threw up violently on the other wall. She knew she should use this as a chance to get away, but her legs wouldn't work, her misery overwhelming everything as the tears continued to fall. Sure enough, her lack of action was going to hurt her as her tormentor spun back around, now angry at her for crying. He then grabbed the arm that wasn't being healed by the mage's spell and yanked her upward, twisting her arm as he did so. It was more the shock of him grabbing her than anything that willed her legs back into action, so she was able to stumble along as he pulled her down the hall, talking about them drinking together. "I-I don't drink," was all she could even think of saying, her mind still reeling from the events of the last hour. She was unable to offer resistance of any kind as her tormentor continued half-dragging her down the hall, headed for supposedly the cafeteria.

DeletedUser13682

Mr. Jonds gave a furious yell through a huge smile, as he brought the axe down on Ferruccio’s head. This would be it, the finishing blow, he thought. If the other gladiators were even twice as good as this buffoon, Riley would easily beat everybody here! The smile was wiped off Riley’s face, as the axe found not flesh, but sand and dirt. The blow, which would have cut right through Ferruccio, had it landed in its intended place, sent the axe through the sand, burying it to the centre shaft. How was that possible? The buffoon was too slow to dodge that blow. But Ferruccio wasn’t that slow. His plan to get Mr. Jonds overconfident had worked, and as the ‘final blow’ came down, Ferruccio had let his real abilities come out. Ferruccio had turned to dodge the axe, and now it was stuck, with Mr. Jonds bent over to try and pull it out. Letting the momentum of his spin add power to his attack, Ferruccio slashed at the bent back of his opponent.

As the red, red krovvy flew out of the wound, Mr. Jonds gave a horrible scream, as he collapsed and let go of the axe. It was clear from the wound, you could see the partly severed spine, that Mr. Jonds would not be walking off the field, or ever again for that matter. All Mr. Jonds could do was scream in agony, and try to crawl away from Ferruccio, using his arms to drag himself along. For a moment, all Ferruccio could do was look at the pathetic sight. Until that moment, Ferruccio had never drawn blood in combat, sometimes he would nick one of his instructors, but that was only in practice, and more often than not, they would nick him. But here was a man who, until a few seconds ago, was a perfectly healthy, functioning man. The chanting of the crowd, demanding more blood from Mr. Jonds brought Ferruccio back into the fight. By now, he had crawled about five feet from Ferruccio, and had collapsed from exhaustion and blood loss, though still able to howl in pain. Ferruccio walked over to Mr. Jonds, and studied him for a second. The quickest way to kill him would be to pierce his heart through the back. As Ferruccio brought the rapier up, he uttered the phrase pacem anima tua (may your soul be now at peace), then brought the rapier down in a two handed stab, driving it through Mr. Jonds’s heart, and into the ground below. The screams stopped, and the body of Mr. Jonds moved no more.

As Ferruccio yanked his sword from the body, the announcer screamed into the stands, “And a surprise finish to what everybody thought was a sure win for Riley Jonds! Ferruccio Fernando has won his first battle in the Coliseum!” Ferruccio walked to his gate, wiping his sword clean on his duster. Arriving back in the armoury, Ferruccio handed the now sheathed sword to the armourer. “Take good care of it, won’t you?” he asked. “I’ll need it again next fight.” As Ferruccio walked out of the armoury and back to his room, he was feeling very confused indeed. On the one hand, he had won his first fight, without injury, and, maybe more importantly, without revealing to anybody the ability that had won him a trip to the Coliseum. Those reasons made him feel joyous. On the other hand, he had taken his first human life, and a strange, mournful, emptiness was fighting with that joy. Ferruccio didn’t exactly know which one to feel. As Ferruccio reached the convergence of the arena paths, it was decided that neither emotion had won. Instead, Ferruccio felt tired.

Looking at the list of fighters that somebody had posted at the fork, Ferruccio saw that already the name of his opponent had been crossed out, with a D put next to it. Looking at the list, he saw that Laura had won her fight, with a D next to her opponent as well. Right before he began walking again, Ferruccio heard the ravings of a madman, followed by the sound of puking. Curious as to what was going on, and to see if he could help, Ferruccio headed toward the sound. As he got closer, he could hear the madman clearly now. He was talking to a woman, not very nicely, who was crying. A moment later, he heard the madman say that they were going for a drink. Then, Ferruccio saw what was happening.

A blood covered gladiator, appearing to be the Cruithni, from the streaks of blue that could be seen through the blood, was dragging Laura, who had blood smeared on the sides of her head, off someplace. The only reasons Ferruccio could think of were very bad reasons, that he wouldn’t let happen if he had anything to say about it. Ferruccio’s tiredness fled immediately, to be replaced by bravery, and maybe a bit of stupidity. Stopping a few feet in front of the pair, Ferruccio threw off his helmet and duster, and spoke. “Unhand her, Cruithni. I don’t know what laws you have, but here, it’s unlawful to drag women off for monstrous deeds. If I must stop you, I will.” To accentuate the statements, Ferruccio got into a boxing stance, pushing his sleeves up as he did so.

DeletedUser31931

Zytak charged at Frank and Frank charged two. Zytak raising his sword (OOC: It's actually mine but I'll call it his for the sake of it.) and screaming. He brought his sword down which Frank blocked with his shield and Frank stabbed but Zytak just moved out of the way. This continued for several minutes. Zytak would thrust and Frank would parry and launch an assault which Zytak would block or evade. Frank decided that this would carry on until one of them broke through but Zytak had his better sword and even though he was not as good he had the ability to beat Frank. Frank thought of a plan and smashed his shield into Zytak who crashed back reeling but still standing. Frank executed a devastating kick into Zytak's chest who flew back and hit the floor. This snapped Zytak out of reality but as Frank charged Zytak couldn't get up. Frank had destroyed the nervous systems in both his legs (OOC: The kick was just above his male organs, and across both legs. A powerful enough kick could actually do that.) but he could still fight lying down as they would re-heal with enough time. However for now he was bound to the ground Zytak raised the sword and pulled his arm back, ready to throw it into Frank. As Frank drew closer, having dropped the shield for more speed, Zytak threw the sword but it didn't hit Frank. Zytak stared in disbelief as Frank did a gargantuan leap over Zytak's head Frank had sheathed his sword as he had charged so now he hit the floor rolled forwards and stood up. Now defence-less Zytak tried to flip himself over. Frank drew his sword and walked towards Zytak, the audience shouting "DEATH! DEATH! KILL HIM! KILL HIM!" Frank was almost like a robot. He wasn't sure what he was doing he had only killed one person before. Frank raised his sword and plunged it into Zytak's heart as the audience screamed. "It was a close one! But we have our Winner! Congratulations to Frank Jefferson!" Frank walked off ignoring the crowds picking up his sword on the way.. He didn't want to kill but he had to to survive. So survive he would. He came out of the arena and handed his equipment back. "Take good care of it. I need it all in top condition." He left the armoury and went to his room ignoring everyone else. he collapsed into his bed now exhausted the adrenalin now running out. He slept.

DeletedUser

Aughr snarled as his arrow thudded into the fat man's shield.
The man threw his spear in a pitiful attempt to kill Aughr, before cowering behind his shield.
Why did these people refuse death?
Aughr moved forwards as he notched another arrow to his bow. He stopped next to the thrown spear, before drawing his bow.
"Now throw down your shield and die like a man." Aughr spat in the language of these fools.

DeletedUser

Breath that just a few moments ago flowed freely into his lungs, filling him with a strength not entirely his own, deserted Argent with but a few words from Daniel. It caught in his throat with a raspy sound that Argent associated with a man smoking a pipe. What did the code say?

Argent knew what the code said. Closing his eyes, Argent bunched his muscles together and let out one last deep breath, before his hand whipped downward. "Go, find your gods, my friend. Find something better." Argent murmured consolingly to the man, as Argent's ghostly fingers sunk effortlessly through the gladiator's skull and brain, traveling backwards to where neck and head joined. It was so easy, Argent simply reached out and ran one razor-sharp claw straight through the man's backbone. Daniel died instantly, Argent reaching out a hand to close them, before the flies started buzzing.

Clasping both his hands together in front of him, Argent rose from the dead man and, eyes downcast, went back to the gate that opened to lead him into the armory. Stepping inside, Argent removed his claws, grasping the wrist and sliding his hand from first one, then the other. Sitting them back down upon the table, Argent bowed to them once again before exiting. The corridor outside that was once crowded with fighters going to and fro was now mostly empty, Argent was reminded that each closed door meant one life forever extinguished.

On the other side of the door to the armory - out of sight of the guard - Argent put his back to the portal -- even as his hands went to his face in an effort to hide the tears that came to him then. This was such a horrible place. Argent had to be strong, he had to find a way out of this place for all the souls trapped here. The serene look on Daniel's face as Argent ended his brief, violent life filled Argent with a righteous indignation. The tears in his eyes evaporated as quickly as they had arrived. "I shall." Argent whispered to himself, as he stood straight again "I must."

Wiping the dirt and sand from where it clung to his clothes at the elbows and knees, Argent strode down the hall, intending to go back to his cell and continue his meditating there. It was as he mounted the stairs to head down into the underground cell blocks that he heard it.

"Stop crying girl you're acting like a child!"

Argent's ears picked up on the small sobs, even as he glanced backwards down the left hand corridor and saw Laura being dragged against her will towards the cafeteria. While Argent knew not the man who painfully twisted her arm, as he pulled her along behind him, Argent knew what he had to do. As calmly as possible, Argent stepped out in front of the man, who's body was splattered in blood that was not his own. "Brother, I beg of you, stop this. Do we not fight enough as it is?" Argent asked the man, holding his hands out in an effort to stop him from going further. Argent glanced around the big man to where Laura stood - his hand still clasped around her arm - "It is good to see you, Laura. I was worried for your safety."

DeletedUser28032

Taranis gives a single bark of laughter at the girls mentioning that she didn't drink "Today is a good day to start and I am not drinking by myself" he stated, his tone of voice indicating that he wouldn't take no for an answer.

“Unhand her, Cruithni. I don’t know what laws you have, but here, it’s unlawful to drag women off for monstrous deeds. If I must stop you, I will.”

Turning his attention away from the still crying girl Taranis looks upon the man before him as he adopted some kind of outlandish fighting pose "Who are you calling Cruithni? I am Sais you fool!" surely his painting and accent made it clear to anyone that he was a Sais? then again he was currently drenched in blood so he decided to let that particular insult slide, but he wasn't going to let some city dweller get in the way of his enjoyment.
Turning his face away from the other man Taranis growls quietly down at the girl "Get rid of him or I will kill him here and now...the choice is yours" However upon hearing the voice of another man Taranis realises that cold blooded murder would no longer be an option, he could probably best one man in unarmed combat easily enough but not two, he was far too weary for that without resorting to his special talents.
Looking at the second man before Taranis for the first time since his arrival here begins to look unsure of himself, for despite the mans strangely pale skin he appeared to be some kind of holy man and killing holy men was wrong especially for a cursed man such as his self, he may be an animal but he still had rules.
"You have me all wrong friends..." Taranis says with a broad smile releasing his grip on the girls arm in order hold both of his out in a non-violent posture "...My friend and I were merely going for a drink, she's a little worse for wear after her bout...and it would appear that I've gotten a little too close to her myself" Taranis laughs indicating the blood stains upon her cheeks slightly confused himself as to how they got there.
"So what do you say friends shall we put this little misunderstanding behind us with a drink? my friend here would be happy for you to join us isn't that so?" Taranis smiles down at the girl beside him in a genuine enough manner however the look in his eye is more than capable of informing her that if she tried to screw him over then things would go very badly for all of them.

Deleted User - 819397

Aughr

The heavyset man realized that this opponent wasn't going to show mercy of any sort. Slowly, he lowered his shield as the man requested. "Don't...don't make it hurt too much...ok?" His compliance wasn't due to him wanting to die, but realizing it was going to happen anyway...this drained his spirit to the point where he just wanted it to end quickly.

Laura

Laura's pathetic, spur of the moment excuse was predictably laughed aside, and she realized she truly had no choice in the matter. However, it was at this point that the man who had been in Argent's room showed up, demanding her tormentor release her, adopting a somewhat unusual stance should things turn ugly.

"Get rid of him or I will kill him here and now...the choice is yours"

Laura knew that if he killed a fighter outside of the arena he would be killed as well, but she didn't want any more blood on her hands. She turned to the would-be rescuer apologetically, just in time for Argent to show up. Her tormentor actually seemed unnerved by this development, the first time he'd been anything but arrogant. He blustered that they were going to get a drink as friends, releasing her arm (Laura shook it to get some feeling back) and requested the two join them, claiming it was for her benefit. She looked at him, surprised at the complete change in attitude, when she saw his eyes. They spoke of unknown malice should she not comply with his demands. She briefly considered telling Argent and the other man the truth, but decided against it, remembering how close her room was to her tormentor's. Her life would be an endless torment if she did that. "S...sure..." she managed to get out, still reeling from all the events of the day...this wasn't going to end well, one way or the other.

DeletedUser13682

Ferruccio shrugged the best he could in his boxing stance. “Cruithni, Sais, different language, same tribe. The fact of the matter is you are forcing your will upon this woman without her consent. I can’t stand by and let that happen.” The Cruithni, or Sais as he preferred to be known as, growled something to Laura, almost sounded like a threat on Ferruccio’s life. As he was about to say something, Argent appeared, trying to reason with the Cruithni to not fight. The appearance of Argent seemed to do something to the Cruithni. He instantly let go of Laura and turned sheep, trying to pass it off as a misunderstanding between friends. Ferruccio knew that was utter nonsense, but, being too tired to do anything about it, he let it go for now.

Allowing his body to relax out of the boxing stance, Ferruccio picked up his discarded items, and walked over to Argent, putting a friendly arm around his shoulder. “You come at a great time, Brother Argent. I was just about to grab some food to bring back to my room, for a little party I was planning to celebrate our continued existence, and to mourn those who had to pass away for our lives to continue. Everybody’s invited. Here, Laura, Sais warrior, you should both clean off. Use this.” Ferruccio tossed his already bloody duster at the pair. “It’s already bloody, a bit more won’t hurt it more.”

DeletedUser28032

Muscles relaxed as it became apparent that the need for violence had passed, though he didn't know what they feared he would do to her? He wanted a drink and she needed toughening up, he wasn't the only animal in this place and with her tears, soft blonde hair and gentle ways she was an easy target.
Catching the coat Taranis nods his head in thanks before speaking in thickly accented common "My thanks friend, though I fear your coat will not be up to this task" he said with a smile doing his best to scrub the worst of the blood from his hands and face before pushing the coat into the Laura's hands "My name is Taranis an Dearg, son of Culhain and formerly of the Roisin Dubh clan" Taranis said in way of introduction though he doubted any of these city dwellers would have heard of his clan or even realise that he was in fact Sais. Waiting long enough for anyone to speak or make introductions of his own first Taranis clapped his hands together with a smile on his face before once taking Laura's arm although in a more companionable fashion hoping not to provoke any for hostilities in the process "Come Laura let us join these fine people and I shall teach you to drink and dance with the dead"

Deleted User - 819397

So Taranis was the name of the person who had decided to make her life difficult. At least now she had a way to single him out of all the other fighters. However, she wasn't fooled by the way he had her arm now...she clearly still had no choice in the matter, and resisting would cause even more problems down the road. She wanted to tell either Argent or the flamboyant man what was going on, but while Taranis was so close to her, that wasn't going to happen. Instead, she settled for a sarcastic, "I can hardly wait," to Taranis' last statement.

It was right after she made that remark that a fifth person came into their view. They had stopped at the junction between the odd and even arenas, and it was from the evens that this new man appeared. He was wearing glasses, had gray hair that came gracefully down to his shoulders. He was dressed in a suit that was both blue and grey at the same time, and boots to match. He turned to them, his eyes completely colorless. As he stared at them, his right eye began to bleed for no reason whatsoever. In a raspy voice, he said, "I feel the Sorrow of those you have killed. Do not even begin to think they are forgotten...or powerless to seek revenge." His eye was bleeding even faster now, and yet he seemed completely unconcerned. He stared a moment more, then turned away and began to walk toward the rest of the complex. He stopped after few steps and then turned around. His eye was fine, and there was no trace of blood, despite the fact he clearly hadn't reached up to brush it away. He smiled eerily, and then continued on his way.

DeletedUser

"Don't...don't make it hurt too much...ok?" the fat man said wearily, finally coming to his sense.
'Jytnh Yt Nihen." Aughr whispered the Dauhtor prayer, in the tongue of these people it meant 'I Grant You Liberty' As the Dauhtor believed that life was slavery, and that death was the only true liberty, an eternal sleep, without pain, suffering or hardship.
His fingers slipped from the bowstring and the arrow hit the man's forehead straight on, the arrowhead went straight through the man's brain, exiting the other side, but leaving the black fletchings sticking out of his forehead.
the man's eyes rolled up into his head as he collapsed down onto the sand, blood trickling out of the wound.
Around him, the crowd roared and the announcer began to speak, but Aughr did not listen, instead he walked straight for the arena's exit.
As he entered the armoury, he regretfully handed his bow over to the guards.
Aughr moved out of the armoury and strode down the corridors of the Coliseum, it wasn't long before he came across a cluster of four people, one a monk of some kind, one a strange man in a strange helmet, another man, who was probably from one of the northern tribes, Aughr couldn't tell which, and finally, there was a young woman.
"Out of my way." He snarled, brushing past them.

DeletedUser

The situation seemed to be mostly defused. Argent nodded to Ferruccio "I would be happy to honor the dead, they deserved better than this." his hands subconsciously rubbed themselves together, scrubbing non-existent blood from his hands. "Allow me to accompany you to the dining hall, they will no doubt be serving some form of forest animal for you to devour."

Argent joined the group, but just as he did so, a strange voice came from behind him.

"I feel the Sorrow of those you have killed. Do not even begin to think they are forgotten...or powerless to seek revenge."

Turning on his heel, Argent was just in time to watch as crimson cascaded from the man's eye and rolled down his face like a great waterfall, dripping down onto his clothes and splattering the ground under his feet. Argent was about to go to him, take him by the arm and find him the nearest doctor, when the man spun around and began to walk off. Bewildered by such a strange event, Argent simply stood and watched as the man strode off, but just as he was about to disappear from sight, he turned. Lips peeled back off chipped teeth that previously were covered in blood, but there was not even a trace of red on the man's face or clothing. Looking down to the ground the man stood over, the pool of red that had collected there had similarly vanished. Looking back up, Argent was about to call to him, ask him a question, but just like the blood the man had vanished as well. As if he had wings to fly himself out of here.

"By the essence." Argent gasped quietly to himself "Please, my friends, tell me I was not the only one to see that."

Deleted User - 819397

Laura had been gaping at the sudden appearance of the person claiming to feel the sorrow of Randall, as well as the others' victims, his eye bleeding quite profusely...and yet appearing fine as he turned around again.

"Please, my friends, tell me I was not the only one to see that."

Somehow managing to find her voice, she spoke up. "I saw him too...who...or maybe...what was he? The blood couldn't have just vanished...could it?" she trailed off, trying to rub her eyes, only to be forcibly reminded that Taranis was still holding onto her. She briefly entertained trying to shake off his grip, then remembered that he'd as good as promised to make her life a living hell if she let on what was really going on between them, and decided against it. She was along for the ride...one way or another.

DeletedUser13682

“I’m Ferruccio Fernando, formerly chief designer of Transportation Workshop. Pleased to meet you, Taranis. Though, I was thinking more along the lines of dancing with the living. In my experience, the dead don’t make very good dance partners, too stiff in the joints.” The situation had become calm, and had transformed from an imminent brawl to a night of drinking. It would be a great thing. Nothing better than drinking and eating in a festive manner to put the pains of past transgressions. Argent said he would accompany Ferruccio to the cantina, then said, with a hint of scorn, about them serving forest animals. “Don’t worry, Brother Argent. I’ll grab lots of plants as well. I’m not very good, but I can make a few dishes, quite a few of them lack meat. Actually, for a couple decades now, Catain pasta is becoming quite popular. Along with tomato sauce, it’s really good.”

The mood was dampened by the appearance of a, well, Ferruccio didn’t exactly know how to describe him. It was very creepy, that’s for sure, and he spoke of the dead and their ability to avenge their deaths. That was very strange. Argent asked if he was the only one to have seen the spectre. As Ferruccio was about to answer, a very rude man pushed past them. “Hey! That wasn’t very nice!” Ferruccio yelled after him. “Lighten up and come to my feast! Anyway, yes, I saw it too, Brother Argent. What do you think it was? I think it’s some demon, has to be.” It was time, though, to lighten the mood again, and get Laura out of the grasp of that Cruithni. Walking over, and putting a friendly arm around Laura, Ferruccio got back to the party. “This feast will be good, for everybody here. I think we should try to get as many survivors as possible to it. Maybe we can pretend, for a night at least, that we’re not in this place. Maybe we can pretend we’re at the Milano Embassy, at one of their banquets. How about it?”

DeletedUser31931

Franks room was near the corridor to the arena's and he had heard the raised voices. He though about his past. Pondering on his life in the forests. It had been a hard yet rewarding one. Before he could ponder further this situation seemed to reach a climax and so Frank left his room and walked down the corridor to see two men holding one girl and a priest, he saw the spectre, and the rude man. He walked towards them and heard "This feast will be good, for everybody here. I think we should try to get as many survivors as possible to it. Maybe we can pretend for a night at least that we're not in this place. Maybe we can pretend we're at the Milano Embassy, at one of their banquets. How about it?" Frank had never heard of the Milano Embassy but a feast sounded good. "If they will let us cook I know a great way to stew a deer." Frank cut across. "I am a survivor so I believe I am invited." he said with a smile. "I wonder if they have any alcohol, probably nothing like the stuff I used to steal off the rich people back in the forest." as they stared, "If things went bad I would become a bandit. Anyone stupid enough to camp out in the woods overnight would loose food or alcohol, I loved beer although rich people mostly had wine. I'm not ashamed, I did what I had to do to survive. Anyway, I hunted when I could."