The Fall of Man

DeletedUser

Good day my lords and ladies,

In this day and age of the gods we are at war. Tis a 4 sided war between the Greeks, Egyptians, Norselanders, and Atlanteans. You must choose your team and fight allies will be made depending on if all heros from a civilization agree together. And must be official. But back on the war. You Atlanteans support the Greek titans(no you never sunk). Be you demigod or hero you must fight until the death or until peace is restored. Do what you will but fight for your civilization now.

(Nonplayable characters are Queen Amanra and Kastor. You may use a hero from myth or a real one (must be the right
civ no matter what.)) Atlanteans write I blue, egyptians
in brown, Greeks in green, and norselanders in red.

Character Sheet:
Name:
Age (If real hero estimate if new hero make it up.):
Weapon(s):
Parent that is a god (if demigod):
Power(don't make it too powerful if it is I will pm you that it is and i'll pm you suggestions. Try to make it relate to your godly parent)
Personality:
Bio(optional):
Mount (if you want one):

Name: Dranar
Civilization: Atlantean
Weapons: Double swords
Parent that is a god: Kronos
Power: Occasionally can muster the power to make someone age rapidly until their death. (Kronos is the Titan of time. Reading myths from you civ will help!)
Personality: Kind once you get to know him but get on the wrong side of his swords and watch out your in for a heck of a fight!

(We'll start when we have at least one from each civ.)

DeletedUser13682

Name: Ralph Bjarte
Civilization: Norse, homeland Norway
Weapon(s): Skofnung, a lagendary sword
Parent that is a god (if demigod): Njörðr
Power: Control of water, limited control of blood if he concentrates enough
Personality: generally happy, can be very sad, usually cheerful and optimistic, but very angry if provoked.
Bio(optional): Ralph was born to unknown parents, father turned out to be Njörðr, but we don't know about that yet. He was raised in a community of fishermen when he was found sitting on one of the rocks at the age of 2 minutes old. He grew up fishing, but one day the corporations took over the village, commercializing the fishing in the area. Being the youngest fisherman, and the one most likely to accept the change, at the age of 15, the company offered Ralph a position in managing the village. He accepted, either hoping that he could make the village better, or free the village from the corporation. Either way, he was promoted a few times for being a good worker, and now manages Level 3 Region 48, with his old village the nucleus of the region.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Name: Ausar moarte
Civilization: Egyptian
Weapon: many, but favorably a pair of twin heavily modified scythes
Parent that is a god: Osiris
Power: bring back a person who has died for a short time with total control
Personality: likable and friendly but has severe trust issues
Bio: a man with a unknown past to all but him whose job is to kill but only for those in need of protection and he has vowed to protect his civilization with his dying breath in need be. he was raised from a very early age to be a killer and does it well and used to kill all or any till his conscience got the better of him

DeletedUser

Name:Verack
Civilization:Norse/Remote part of norway
Weapon(s):Battle hammer,sword,dagger.
Parent :Thor
Power:Like his father an enchanted battle axe(that alright?)
Personality:A warrior approaching his thirtys,he prefres to be on his own dislikes large company.
Bio:A gruff warrior who likes nothing more than to fight he has been on many raids and is encredibly fond of his hammer.
Mount Hammerhead a large grey horse

DeletedUser

Verack awoke from the bed in witch he slept.He sat up looking at his roundhouse searching for his hammer,Verack felt around his bed and grabbed his warhammer by its handle,yet his warhammer was very different than others and he was also.First Verack was a demi-god,son of Thor (although he rarely saw his father)Yet on one ocassion his father did give him a Powerful battle hammer witch brought Death and descution whenever he threw it. Verack dressed before walking out of his hut he had decided the night before to travel to the nearby village to ask if the rumours were true.After a few minutes he finally reached the medium sized town the entire town was busy, a few warriors were preparing for the rumoured war.Quickly Verack proceeded to the cheiftens hut and loudly spoke to the bearded cheif,
"hallo!"
"What brings you here... Verack?" the chief replied
"Ive come to see if the rumours are true....are we realy at war?"

The chieftan grunted...
"well you have seen every man capable of bearing arms ready?"
"Sooo....who will we be fighting"
"oh just the Greeks....... the Egyptians and the atlanteans(the chief bellowed at Verack)and many more may come and are you going to just stand there!"

Verack smiled and left the hut ,several warriors gazed at him waiting for him to say something....

"TO WARRRRR!!" he yelled a cheer followed and off rode all the warriors of that small town in witch he lived.

DeletedUser13682

Big yawn, huge yawn, little yawn. Such was the first thing Ralph did every morning when he woke up. After the three yawn ritual, Ralph went up to his stove, and cooked himself an egg and some bacon hanging on a hook. He could have had somebody do it for him, but what was the fun in that. Besides, he needed to learn how to survive if he ever got stuck in the wilderness, and cooking for yourself was the good step. 5 years ago, Ralph's dwelling was a lot different, with a lot more items, a servent, and bulky storage. Now, it only had enough storage for a weeks worth of food, no servent, and basic furnishings. While the bacon was frying, Ralph made his coffee, and by that time, the eggs were ready to be added to the bacon. A few more minutes of cooking, and Ralph's breakfast was done. Time to sit back, eat, drink, be merry, then off to his job. Of course, things rarely turn out the way you want them to.

A great many warriors were screaming about war. War with the Egyptians. War with the Ionians. War with the Atlanteans. Danger was apparently beset on all sides of Scandinavia. He needed to find out more. Much more. So, he took a quick sip of coffee, and ran outside, having to dodge masses of warriors, armed with all types of weapons. Ralph wasn't a warrior, he was a fisherman, well, was a fisherman, now he controlled a few villages for the Hansa. Anyway, he walked up to one of the calmer warriors, laugh laugh laugh, who was leading the charge, a guy by the name of Verack, and talked to him. "Verack, what's this news with the world waging war on Scandinavia and Hansa? Will fishing be interrupted?"

DeletedUser

Verack stared at Ralph and replied...

"It appears the rumours are true war has indeed broken out..(he paused)and...even i have to admit this is going to be one long and hard war against the Egyptians and the atlanteans as well as the greeks....and as for fishing I dont think you will get much of a chance to fish whilst this war goes on,havent you heard every man able to wield a weapon is to go to war? I heard your good at fighting yourself I do hope you will come!"
Verack quickly mounted his horse and signaled to his warriors to proceed as his horse galloped away Verack informed Ralph "The armys camp is just east of here bout 3mile ride I hope to see you there!"

DeletedUser25825

Name: Skuld

Civilization: Scandanavian Norse

Weapon(s): "Hildr" a spear, "Hrund" a Windlass Sword , "Eir" a Sax (Dagger)

Parent that is a god (if demigod): Associated with Odin

Power: Youngest of a trio of Norns. She is ever sent to battles by Odin to decide the fate of men (Fighting prowess) and take the slain to Valhalla (Valkyrie)

Personality: Skuld avoids most socializing, and is soft-spoken when she chooses to converse. In battle, she is a fierce, and efficient battle maiden as is befitting her purpose.

Bio: Skuld is one of the Norns, the deciders of fates of Gods and Men. She is the youngest sister of the three, and associated with the future. It is for this reason, she serves Odin in battle. She determines the fate of soldiers and leads them to the Halls of Valhalla to join the ever growing ranks of the Einherjar. When she is encountered off of the field of battle, for it is her task from Odin to always ride, she appears as a young shield maiden riding to battle.

Mount: "Magne", an all black stallion with white mane and tail.

From a nearby knoll, Skuld and Magne silently watched a column of men, and a few women even, marching off towards war. She had sensed the tides of battle long before any of these pawns, or even the pawns that made up the enemy ranks, knew that war was coming, but it was not her place to reveal this knowledge in order to speed, delay, or cease the upcoming conflict. Unknown to but a few, this was a Gods' war, and those marching to their destinies were mere subservient chattel to the Gods. This was not a battle for glory, politics, lands, goods, or people, as most in this army were being fed to believe. This was a battle for the continued existence of pantheons.

Normally, she would join the battles with her sisters as the first arrow flew, swords clashed, and the blood flowed and not mix with the soldiers before, but she felt she had to wait and watch. Today she knew why it was so. Even as she looked out over the unending column of soldiers, she realized there were blooded out in the ranks of humanity trudging past. She could sense godlings mixed amongst the others, and it intrigued her. She had led many heroes to join the Einherjar in the Halls of Valhalla, but never had it been any venerated offspring of the gods. Her attention was drawn upwards as two black ravens cried out and soared past overhead her and then the advancing army. She looked back at the marching people and gently shook Magne's reins. Odin had sent his message, and she proceded down the knoll toward the collumn wondering if the gods of the enemy would send their children as well.

The marching column of soldiers took little notice of the young shield maiden riding toward them. She was dressed in regalia of war, so fit in. She was dressed in black riding clothing with black lamellar armor protecting her chest and shoulders. Her long brown hair was tied back into one long braid which escaped from beneath a helmet, which protected the top of her skull and bridge of her nose. A Windlass hanging from her belt slapped her stallion's flank gently with each movement, and she carried a long spear, which she rested the shaft of casually on her shoulder. The only thing out of place about this woman was there were no chieftain's or general's colors to associate with her.

DeletedUser

Verack spotted a smaller rider on a black horse approaching the large bulk of soldiers,he tried to catch a glimpse on the warrior yet couldn't see their face. He steered his horse towards the character and paused a metres away from the warrior still not able to see their face and gently spoke,"Hail warrior,what be your name?"

DeletedUser25825

Skuld regarded the warrior that hailed her. He was large, and carried himself with the manner of a leader amongst men. She opened her mouth to reply, and then closed it after a moment's hesitation. She studied the man more diligently as she sensed the blood of Thor coursing through him. She leaned forward and patted Magne's muscular neck. "I am called Aslaug, daughter and shield maiden to Hagbard", she lied before continuing, "I have traveled from the coast to make war."

The name Hagbard was known to many, even in this area far from the coast. He was a legendary man referred to by many as Sea-King. Several of the passing soldiers looked up at the mention of his name, glancing at the woman claiming direct kinship to him, as they plodded past. The woman ignored them as she removed her helm. She returned her attentive, ageless seeming eyes toward Verack. She asked, "And to whom do I speak?"

DeletedUser

"I...(paused Verack) am know as Verack....and I am son on Thor"

Verack gestured to his war hammer,

"This is a weapon of mass destruction...if i throw it...destroys every thing in its path! Yet returns to me as if I never threw it"!

Verack looked at the woman and considered for a moment before replying.

"Now normally Woman dont tend to come to my warriors to ask to fight with us...yet as you are daughter of Hagbard I suppose you will fight as well as your father like I have done.I will let you fight with us....But I tell you now many of the warriors here walk closer to death you may be one of them!I may to....There is a chance every man here will die and we all know its a risk - for this reason some choose to lead a peaceful life.... but where is the fun in that?"

Verack rode towards the main tent as the smell of warm beef filled the air.

DeletedUser13682

"But I don't..." Verack was gone, long before Ralph was able to explain that he didn't fight at all, must have him confused with somebody else. Sure, he had a sword, but he never used it, wasn't even trained on how to use it properly. Oh well, if everybody was off to fight, then time to march to the halls of Athens and Knossos. Ralph ran back home, grabbed his sword, which looked to be a little beat up, strapped it on the best he could, and followed the herd of warriors. Now, compared to most, Ralph didn't fit in. Whereas, most of the warriors had muscles on their muscles, and taller than giants, Ralph was smaller, slightly skinny, and beardless. If he had been born in a later time, he would've looked similar to this.

So, Ralph was marching along, with all the real warriors, when he heard mention of the Sea King Hagbard. Turns out, it was his former shield maiden. "I remember him. He got hung for 'looking at Sigar's daughter funny'. At least it stopped Haki from raiding my boats. Anyway, what are you doing here? As shield maidens go, you don't really fit the bill, you're not wearing any colours, and Hagbard is dead. So, what are you really doing here? Don't tell me you're a valkyrja. I couldn't believe that. So what's really your business?"

DeletedUser25825

Skuld listened to Verack, Son of Thor, boast of his magical war hammer and the waste it would wrought to his enemies. She couldn't help but smirk as she, a Valkyrie, was "allowed" by Verack to join him in battle. Verack didn't recognize her for who she really was, but Odin, the chief god, had commanded this very task of her long ago and no man would stop her purpose with words. She sat quietly, while observing Verack as he spoke of certain death and little choice of any other way, nodding once in concurrence with him as he finished his brief soliloquy. She said no more to him as he turned and headed off to sup.

She straightened in her saddle and looked at the column of men and women who still marched onward. Very few took note of her presence, as to them, she was Fylgja. Because of this, she was mostly ignored, unless some supernatural aspect, such as Verack being a scion of Thor, allowed the viewer to pierce her veil of obscurity. She rode amongst the army marching to its fate. The few that did notice her would some times nod, and be rewarded with a nod by her in return. They had no way of knowing that the young noble riding beside them was most likely the very being that would usher them to join other heroes in the Halls of Valhalla, but it did not give her reason to belie their acknowledgement.

Skuld soon rode upon the camp of the army. She rode into it and amongst the soldiers who were settling in for rest before the next day's march. She again smiled as she listened to seasoned veterans giving advice to the greenest soldiers who had been recently plucked from the fields to join the ammassing horde. Be it veteran or amateur, there would be a great deal of work ahead. She stopped Magne and climbed down from him. She pet his flank gently, as she smiled with thoughts of battle filling her head. Her musings were interrupted by a youth who approached her asking of the hero Hagbard. She removed her helm and looked at the boy standing before her. She studied him with her ageless eyes and smiled. "I am not daughter to Hagbard. I wanted to join this army to fight the Greeks." She leaned closer to him and whispered, "Leaders will believe anything you say sometimes." She laughed musically and straightened as she patted the flank of Magne a few times. She looked at Ralph once again and asked, "Who am I speaking to?"

DeletedUser

Verack walked out of his large tent this time fully armoured,he approached his horse and mounted.Looking towards to the direction in witch the sea lay,carefully muttering under his breath."Its time!" . He yelled to the soldiers around the camp,"My brothers and sisters at arms...it is time to cross the ocean to fight...The Army's of Greece(a few cheers followed) tonight we feast, tomorrow we wage war".Verack ended his speech and added "Thor himself advises this move"! (as the Greeks were some of the most organised army's)