The Fall From Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser13682

Somehow during the trip to the king's chambers, Daniel ran into Dist (not literally of course, that would hurt). "Fancy meeting you here. What happened since I got hit?" Much closer to the chambers, Dist and Daniel ran into a group of about a dozen spear wielding warriors clad in gray. After saying evening to Dist (though it was night), he addressed Daniel by his name. "How do you know who I am? Who are you? What business are you going on about?"

Deleted User - 819397

From his perch inside the Golem's head, it took Dist a minute to realize that the man before him and Daniel now was the person who'd given them information about the two cults. "Hey down there!" he called, trying to wave again, though once again realized it was pointless and stopped. Daniel tried to get the man to explain, but Dist cut him off. "We're wasting time! The king could be attacked at any moment, and besides, it's not like this thing sustains itself...I've got an hour at best before I have to let it crumble, so let's go! He's here to help us, Daniel...he's the reason we knew about Lord Stallar and Lord Liemorder." With that, Dist commanded the Golem to continue, caring little for whether or not it actually fit through the openings he was guiding it through or not...he figured the king would prefer his life over a pristine castle...besides, the feasting hall was almost certainly structurally unstable now.

DeletedUser35174

Krane's attack was successful in finishing off the attacker. As he was about to charge at a new enemy something happened that he had not anticipated. From the top off the wall stood a few dozen hooded figures. They jumped down and rushed towards the fight. "oh hell. STAND STRONG MEN" Krane yelled to the remaining guardsmen. The newcomers charged into battle and attacked.... not just the guardsmen but the other enemies too. This battle just turned three way. Crux yelled his name and informed him Raerrith has arrived. He was right, Raerrith arrived with more guardsmen and the scourge by his side. Krane started heading towards them.

DeletedUser

Daniel & Dist

“I know many things, how I know them is through various means. If I were to explain those means then we would be here for a long time.” The man answered Daniel’s first question, ignoring Dist for the moment. “As for who I am I hope you will be content in knowing that I am an enemy of your enemies. As for my business, I believe that you wish your king to live, well so do I. That is my business here.” He turned to Dist. “However your friend here is more correct in the matter, time is short, so we must move. My men will join the fight in the courtyard, I and Torin here will join you in defending the king’s chambers, although I fear we might already be too late to arrive before our opposition.” With that, the grey-clad spearman dissipated off down another corridor, whilst the man and Torin walked in the direction of the King’s chambers.

Oren

Leo nodded and began to haul Shyther away towards an ornamental suit of armour. Meanwhile Cladenhon moved over to a chair and sat down, evidently surprised at the information.
Suddenly a lithe form dressed in black dived through the doorway, pulling out two kukris the figure rolled as it landed on the floor. The guards reacted instantly, they surrounded the figure and charged in with their spears.
Now that Oren could see the figure clearly, he could see that it was a female, dressed head to toe in black leather, wearing a black cowl.
As the guards moved in for the kill, she somersaulted backwards, her blades flashed and a guard crumpled to the floor, his throat slashed wide open by both kukris.
She landed behind the other guards. Swivelling, she lashed out with a kick at another guard, who fell to the floor, winded.
The four standing guards turned to face her and attacked, thrusting their weapons in a frenzy.
The female assassin seamlessly dodged the blows, grabbing one of the spear shafts she twisted it upwards, disarming the guard.
With bother her kukris held in her right hand and the spear held in her left, she thrust the tip into another guard’s armpit. The spear broke through the mail links, gouging a large wound in the warrior, who screamed and dropped to the floor, the spear sticking out of him.
The remaining three guards scrambled backwards, joining the previously winded guard.
Now there were only four guards in the lobby, one of whom was unarmed, and another of which was still recovering.
Leo stepped forwards, drawing his sword, whilst Cladenhon sat rooted to the spot, terrified.
“What do we do?” Leo asked Oren, as the assassin stood by, no doubt planning her next move.

Krane

The fight grew thick and intense, specially as the acrobatics of the cultists were lessened by the meat-grinder style fight induced by the guard reinforcements.
Raerrith fought especially viciously, slashing his broadsword wildly, screaming abuse at his enemies. The Scourge stood behind, knocking back cultists with her staff, along with the occasional piece of magic.
The fight was thick and bloody, however after many minutes and many more sword slashes Krane and Crux, along withe the survivors of the original party of guards had fought their way through to Raerrith.
The Scourge made a motion with her staff and a cultist was thrown into the air like a rag doll, before being thrown down into the bloody mass to die.
"Krane, Crux!" Raerrith shouted as he fended off an attack. "We're retreating to the courtyard entrance, form a bottleneck!"

DeletedUser31931

Oren stood there and watched as the assassin fought the guards. "What do we do?" Leo asked Oren. Oren smiled and said "See if she can play catch." He drew an arrow and fired, he dropped to one knee and notched more arrows and fired in quick succession shooting at the assassin. Then he slid his bow back into it's sheath with the air of a skilled master and drew his sword, it was time to start this fight properly.

DeletedUser13682

Daniel listened to Dist and the informer. Though suspicious, Dist did trust the guy, so Daniel should trust him as well, at least until the battle was over and the king saved. Then maybe he could question the informer, though not too roughly. He was helping out of course. "Alright, let's go. Hopefully we make it to the king before our enemies." Daniel headed for the chambers at a full run, hoping to get to the destination in the fastest time possible.

DeletedUser35174

Krane watched as Raerrith fought with ferocity. After krane had made his way to Raerrith's side Raerrith ordered him to form a bottleneck in order for them to retreat to the courtyard entrande. Krane nodded and took his position waiting for the next attacker.

DeletedUser

Daniel & Dist

Several minutes later Torin and the man, with Daniel and Dist in their wake, arrived at the entrance to the king’s chambers. There were two black robed and hooded men stood outside, wielding swords.
Torin drew his blade, as did the man. The man turned back to the two Inquisitors. “Would you like to handle these two or do you want us to do it?” He asked casually.

Oren

Seeing Oren draw his bow, the assassin reacted quickly. Ducking and rolling to Oren’s left she avoided all of the arrows, which broke against the stone behind. Moving onto her knees she lashed out at the legs of one of the guards. Blood flew forth as he fell backwards, paralyzed from the waist downwards.
A guard thrust at her with his spear, but was a second too late as she cartwheeled past the line of guards, before slashing her would-be killer’s throat open.
Now there were six guards left standing in the chamber. Four guarded the king, whilst the two in the lobby backed away, the unarmed guard drew his sword.
Cladenhon was like a statue, as if he had been subject to petrification.
However then something unusual occurred, Shyther, who was bound, gagged and unconscious on the other side of the room, struggled out of his bonds and stood upright. However something definitely wasn’t right. His eyelids were closed, and his stance and nature was unnatural. He wavered back and forth slightly, and his legs were bent inwards slightly at the knees. His arms hung limp by his side, whilst his head lolled back and forth. It was like he was but a puppet being controlled by invisible strings.
Shyther bent down and picked up his sword, before shambling forwards towards the Inquisitors.

Krane

With the vast majority of the castle guard formed into a bottleneck, the cultists were mainly focused on fighting each other. Although which faction was winning was impossible to determine. Indeed even which hooded warrior belonged to which faction was similarly difficult. The only differentiation between them appearing to be the painted masks they wore under their hoods.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 819397

Dist smiled as the friendly duo asked who wanted to take the two guards. "Until there's a lot of enemies I won't be of much use," he called down to them from his perch inside the golem, his voice hard to hear from the rock in the way. "In a small skirmish I'd squish you all like bugs...heeheehee..." The crazed animator laughed as he considered the possibility. "Anyway, you three should do this bit...I'll get in the way if I try to help at this point."

DeletedUser13682

As they ran, Daniel really began to realize the consequences of his actions earlier. As the night wore on, the temperature dropped, there being no Sun to provide warmth. It wasn't the middle of the summer either. Therefore, Daniel was getting cold. Combined with his lack of good sleep, and still hurting wound, Daniel didn't think he would be fighting at his best. That didn't mean he couldn't fight.

They arrived at the entrance to the king's chambers, and discovered the door being guarded by two of the black robed attackers. The unknown ally asked who should take the attackers down. Dist didn't think he would be good in a small fight, and let the rest of his group take this one. "Alright then, let's have at them," Daniel said, walking over to engage the guard on the left. "Come on, boy. Think you can take on an Inquisitor? Or maybe you're too afraid. Maybe you should have stayed home. Then I wouldn't have had to kill you. " Daniel was hoping his taunting would cause his opponent to make a bad first strike.

DeletedUser35174

While many of the guards formed a bottleneck, the hooded figures were more focused on killing each other rather than the guards. "DON'T ATTACK, ONLY DEFEND" Krane yelled at the soldiers and retreated to the courtyard entrance.

DeletedUser31931

Oren swore as Shyther got up and started moving, he realised something, Shyther wasn't the last assassin, but he was almost certainly being controlled by the assassins considering his behaviour. "Leo, deal with Shyther I'll take her grace over here." With that Oren charged at the assassin, unlike the guards he had the advantage of mobility and nimbleness. He fainted left and then ducked rolled around her right and slashed at the assassin.

DeletedUser

Daniel & Dist

The cultist facing Daniel ducked to the ground and rolled past, before leaping up to slash at the Inquisitor’s exposed back.
Meanwhile Torin and the man moved in on the other warrior, and a deadly dance of blades began between the three warriors.

Krane

Suddenly a cry came from the rear of the guard force, there were twenty grey cloaked and hooded men carrying spears and shields rapidly moving towards the back of the bottleneck.
“What the hell?” Raerrith exclaimed as he looked back towards the rapidly approaching grey mass. “Krane, go and deal with them!” He ordered.

Oren

The two guards in the lobby backed up towards the entrance to the king’s bedchamber, letting Oren past to deal with the she-warrior.
Leo moved over to Shyther, and thus began a swordfight between the pair. Shyther’s moves were clumsy, his reactions delayed. Still he managed to hold off Leo.
Meanwhile the assassin didn't fall for Oren's feint and rolled forwards, letting Oren sail past her to slash at thin air. She then made a double slash with both of her blades directed towards the back of his neck.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35174

“Krane, go and deal with them!” Ordered Raerrith. Turning around, he saw the twenty or so hooded figures armed with spears and shields attacking the back of the bottleneck. Doubling back, Krane charged through the guardsmen till he reached one of the figures. Hoping to slash the legs, Krane took a swing at one of the figures legs.

DeletedUser31931

As the blades sliced towards Oren he knew he only had one shot at this, if he didn't win quickly he'd end up dead. He rolled to the side but instead of getting up he lashed out with both feet into the chest of the assassin, he was at such close range that even she with all of her agility couldn't dodge it. The assassin took the blow flying backwards and Oren quickly got back onto his feet and turned round ready to fight. He charged forwards intending to take advantage of the assassin still being winded and end this fight for once and for all.

DeletedUser13682

It would be Daniel's luck that he would get another acrobat opponent. Before he could turn around completely, Daniel was slashed across his side, adding another wound to the night. Luckily this wound was shallow, but still had blood flowing from it. This really got to Daniel. It wasn't right that he kept getting hurt. He was a soldier and an Inquisitor. Tonight shouldn't have caused him this much pain. Daniel slashed at the opponent with his swords, a plan doomed to failure. Tge opponent dodged and countered. Daniel blocked and the swords bounced away. Daniel took this chance to attack once again while the opponent couldn't counter or block.

DeletedUser

Krane

The grey figure did not react as the heavy sword slammed into its legs, severing one, and nearly severing the other.
The remaining nineteen spearmen pushed forwards. They did not attack the guards, instead trying to barge through. Meanwhile the figure at Krane’s feet seemed to completely ignore the presumably unbearable pain as its leg dangled by a thread. Still holding both spear and shield the figure crawled forwards, trying to get past Krane.

Oren

The assassin did not anticipate Oren’s sudden manoeuvre, and the Inquisitor’s sword slashed open the back of her robe, leaving a deep wound across her back.
She stumbled, falling on the floor and dropping both kukris.
Meanwhile Leo found himself being pushed back towards the wall by the possessed Shyther. Leo lunged forwards, going straight through Shyther’s defences the blade pierced the bewitched Inquisitor, going straight through his chest.
Shyther’s eyes jerked upon, before rolling back into his head. However this did not stop him moving, in response he slashed Leo’s chest wide open. The Inquisitor fell to the floor, leaving his blade in Shyther.

Daniel & Dist

The warrior was unable to dodge Daniel’s rapid blow, and as such was slashed across his chest. Blood spurted out, spattering across Daniel’s body. The cloaked figure fell to the floor, strangely hissing at the Inquisitor. “Inquisitors.” Said the man from behind. Turning Daniel saw that the two grey-clad men stood over the dead body of the other warrior. “You go inside and save the king. We’ll stay here and finish off that one.” He said, pointing past Daniel.
Turning back, Daniel could see that the warrior was standing again. Torin dived in, tackling the cloaked killer to the floor. The man moved past Daniel to join in the fight.

DeletedUser31931

(OOC: Given the thumbs up by Tiger)

Oren swore as as he saw Leo get sliced open by Shyther. "Guards, take him down. Slice of his head or something, I'm authorising deadly force." he shouted to those still watching. Oren kicked the assassin in her open wound with all of his might, slamming down causing what must have been agony. He raised his sword and brought it down towards her neck.

Deleted User - 819397

Daniel dispatched the man in their way, and it appeared their ally would finish the remaining ones off here. "Let's go, Daniel!" he called, urging the Golem onward. "We can't help protect the king if we aren't there!" (not a ton for me to add, really)

DeletedUser35174

The attacker's leg was severed, yet still he pushed on. Not only him but all 19 of them were pushing through as tho they wanted to barge in. Confused, Krane took a step back and made a hard swing at the wounded man's head, intending to slice it clean off. "DON'T LET THEM THROUGH, PUSH BACK!" Krane Yelled at the top of his voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.