The Fall From Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Oren

Both guards moved to the floored Liemorder, who was trying to crawl away, leaving a trail of blood behind him.
However Oren did not see what happened next as he continued his journey towards the king's chambers. Reaching them he found them to be all in order, the King was signing bills calling for the lowering of taxes, and the guards stood silently.
"Is there something that I may help you with Inquisitor?" Asked the king's assistant, Count Cladenhon.

Dist & Daniel

Upon being deflected by Daniel, the two figures separated, jumping up onto the racks. But before they could move again Dist landed his chair on him, one of the legs hit the man's left arm, creating a sickening crunching sound.
The other attacker and Stallar only paused for a second to look at Dist's giant creation. The other attacker leapt across the aisle, landed on the opposing rack before somersaulting over the halberd blade that was swung at him. Landing behind the armour, the attacker thrust with his own halberd, attempting to sever the helmet from the rest.
Meanwhile Stallar stepped forwards to attack Daniel, making a wide swing with his sword.
Suddenly the blade of a dagger smashed through the seat of Dist's chair, inches away from his right leg. The attacker was down, but not out.

DeletedUser31931

"No. Everything is fine for now. However, I want you to bar all the doors to this room, seal all the windows and then once I have left do not open the door for anyone except myself, Dist or Raerrith. I have discovered the root cause of the threat against the king and it is more serious than we thought. According to a valid source, there are two groups who both seek the life of the King and both plan to finish tonight by taking the King's life. As I said, seal and bar everything and do not let anyone aside from myself, Dist or Raerrith in." He turned and exited the room and walked towards where he'd left Liemorder.

DeletedUser13682

Crunch! After the enemy swords were deflected, Daniel heard this sound come from where Dist was. He had landed on one of the enemy, crushing him. Dist then did something that was both extremely impressive and a bit disturbing. As everyone in the room stared on, the various bits of armour and armaments formed together to create a curious creature not even the most imaginative playwrights could invent. Daniel gave a moment to praise Stacia that Dist was on the right side.

As the shock of the creation of the monstrosity wore off, Dist told Daniel he was taking care of the remaining hooded enemy, leaving Stallar for Daniel to take care of. "Sounds like a plan, Dist see you at the arrest." Daniel turned toward Stallar as he swung at Daniel with a sword. It was a wide swing, slow and easy to block. "Stallar, give yourself up now," Daniel said while blocking the swing with his right sword. "I hear the torture is much easier to take without injury, but then, what would be the fun in that?" Daniel punctuated this with a slice at Stallar's chest with his left sword and a chop at his left arm with Daniel's right sword.

Deleted User - 819397

The sword plunged into the gap between the helmet and the main body of the monstrous armor contraption Dist had brought to life. However, since it was animated and not really alive, it achieved nothing. Ironically, stabbing between the armor plates was the only thing that wouldn't further drain Dist's energy. He'd animated the actual armor, not the space between, so unless they started beating on the actual plates and weapons, there'd be no saving them. The monstrous construct swiped several weapons at the assassin that had tried to stab it, followed by more, clearly trying to kill the man quickly. Dist cackled, watching, until the assassin he'd tried to crush under his chair knocked one of the legs off. "Gah!!" the crazed animator yelled, quickly raising his seat before the loss of the leg sent him tumbling out of it. "You don't hurt my chair! NO ONE DOES!" he screamed menacingly. "Although...one has to wonder why I did put legs on it, as it's floating and all...hmm...you've given me a good thing to work on...but unfortunately, I still have to kill you. Orders, you know." He tried to animate a sword to fly at the man, but his mental exhaustion from creating and maintaining the huge creation wouldn't let him manage that simple task. Were it not for the fact that he'd grown so used to manipulating his chair that he didn't even need to think about it anymore, he might not have even been able to do that. "Hmm...slightly problematic, but I suppose that can't be helped." He pulled out a small bottle from a pocket. "Alchemist made me pay a heavy price for this and the others I have, but you know, it's worth it." He threw the bottle at the assassin, quickly spinning his chair around so that he wouldn't get caught in the explosion as well as the chemicals reacted violently to the impact.

DeletedUser

Oren

Count Cladenhon nodded in response to the Inquisitor’s orders, watching him leave.
Reaching the corridor where he’d left Liemorder, Oren found only the corpses of both guardsmen, lying face down in pools of blood, the tips of elegant Eastern throwing knives protruding from their necks.
Liemorder was nowhere to be seen, however there was a trail of blood leading away from the scene around the corner of the corridor.

Daniel & Dist

Stallar blocked Daniel’s counterattacks, before suddenly twirling his blade and bringing it down on top of Daniel, intending to slice off a limb.
Meanwhile the first attacker rolled out of the way just in time as Dist’s explosive concoction hit it’s target, the blast setting alight the attacker’s robe. Undaunted the warrior scrambled to his feet, pulling a pair of daggers out beneath his robes, before jumping forwards direcly towards Dist.
The second attacker meanwhile did not fare so well as the giant armour’s many weapons turned the fighter’s torso into a mass of shredded meat, nearly slicing him in half altogether.

DeletedUser31931

Oren swore and grabbed the knives from the dead men's throats, putting them in his pocket. He was beginning to get quite a collection. However, he ignored that and began to run, following the trail of blood. He could not loose Liemorder now.

DeletedUser35174

Sir Krane nodded to Raerrith and headed to find Daniel. After finding Daniel's quarters empty he heard the sound of clashing metal not far away. "Daniel" screamed Sir Krane and ran towards the sound of battle. His sword already in hand Krane charged into the armoury. It took him a few moments to take in what is happening. "oh hell" he yelled before charging at Lord Stallar who was slashing his dagger at Daniel. Yelling Krane ran at full speed towards Stallar and with all his might swung his sword at the man's legs.

DeletedUser13682

Stallar blocked Daniel. Of course, his attacks were slow, so that was to be expected. But then, Stallar did something interesting. He twirled his blade, giving away his attack. As Daniel blocked this, he heard an explosion. He knew about the arquebus, a newly invented weapon that used eastern fire powder to propel small objects. But who had one here? No time to wonder now. As Daniel was counterattacking, he heard a scream behind him. Dodging out of the way, Daniel saw that it was Sir Krane in his opulent and bourgeois armour, swinging his opulent and bourgeois sword at Stallar's opulent and bourgeois legs. Guess it was now a battle of nobility, and Daniel would have to stay out of it, were it not for his status as Inquisitor.

Deleted User - 819397

"Well then, let's see your cheerfully rotting CORPSE!!" Dist shrieked as the man he'd tried to blow up leapt at him. There wasn't time to do anything spell wise, so Dist simply held on tight to his chair and flipped it around once rapidly (think somersault, but with a floating chair). The sound of the assassin hitting the improvised, overlarge bludgeoning weapon told him he'd succeeded at least temporarily in getting the man off him. Slightly dizzy from the disorienting sensation, he flew as close to the ceiling as he could, moving away from the man. He checked his animated armor setup to find it'd successfully killed the one assassin. With so much physical and mental strain, Dist wasn't going to be able to hold the creation together for much longer. "Get himmm..." he strained, gesturing. Sir Krane then bounded into the room and began helping Daniel fight Stallar. "Try to keep him alive, boys...we're missing a partner of his," he warned.

DeletedUser

Oren

The blood trail led into the next corridor, where Liemorder lay on the floor, trying to crawl along the tiled stone. Upon seeing Oren, Liemorder pulled out a dagger and held the point of the blade against his chest, making his intentions clear. Breathless, he looked up at the Inquisitor. “You’ve found out haven’t you? You’ve finally figured out who we are. But that doesn’t matter. The righteous have arrived, your tyrannical government will be brought down, and the land will be united. Only through unity can we stop the Strosrd. That’s what you don’t understand.” He said gravely.

Daniel, Dist & Sir Krane

The warrior attacking Dist didn’t expect the blow from behind, and as a result the suit of armour decapitated the hooded assailant, sending the bloody head flying into Dist’s lap.
Meanwhile Sir Krane’s sudden assault caught Stallar off guard, the broadsword smashed into Stallar’s legs, completely slicing off one, and crushing the other.
Stallar cried out and fell to the ground. As the blood pumped out of the severed veins of his lower limbs he pulled out a hand crossbow and aimed it at Daniel, before loosing the bolt and passing out.

Deleted User - 819397

"Oh, hello there head. You picked a bad time to land in my lap, as I'm too tired to...take care of you..." Dist breathed, slumping forward in his seat. The armor's work done, Dist released his hold on it, not bothering to put any of it back, creating a massive clamor as the monstrous construct fell to the ground, its power lost. He then animated a sword, using it to cut the remaining legs of his chair off, before letting the hunk of metal fall as well. "Don't know why I put those on in the first place...I hover...or," he amended, as he slowly began to sink to the ground, "I normally do...but even this is too much for me now..." His legs sprawled awkwardly as he landed, which should have caused him to fly into a rage, like anything involving his legs typically did, but from the haggard expression on his face, he was too tired to care. "I'm going to need to...eat and sleep...before trying something of that size again...he panted, more to himself than anything. Indeed, he didn't seem to be paying attention to anything anymore, but rather focusing on his heavy breathing. "I...I must say...that construct gave me ideas for the...next one...but...I need to find a way...to animate them in a way...that doesn't cost so much energy." He raised a shaking hand to his face and wiped away the sweat that was covering it, then promptly groaned, slumping sideways in his chair, unconscious.

DeletedUser13682

Daniel got up to see the sight of Stallar on the floor, minus one leg and a lot of blood. "Sir Krane, get something to tie up his stump, something to carry him, and a couple guards. We'll have to get him to the medical office. Hopefully Dr. McCoy can keep him alive." Daniel walked over to Stallar. "You're arrested for the crimes of conspiracy, attempted murder, murder, and high treason against king and country. You do not have to say anything but anything you... hvaa!" Daniel gave a sharp intake of breath as his chest was pierced by a searing hot pain. Looking down, Daniel saw a crossbow bolt sticking out of him, turning his grey nightshirt a curious shade of red. Looking for the source, he saw a grinning Stallar holding a concealable crossbow. Daniel tried to speak, only blood and gurgles came out. Though Daniel had been injured before, this was the worst by far. As he blacked out, the thought that came to mind was how Raerrith and the Scourge would get away with sacrificing 20 noble children for that resurrector fellow.

DeletedUser31931

Oren looked at Liemorder and decided that he would never find out Liemorder's associate's name if he tried by force, so instead he tried something different. "You do not understand. I am a member of the Luchper, I was told to infiltrate the court, to get the highest level of secrecy and only reveal myself if it was either truly necessary or in the final act. It was decided by higher powers that the less I knew of our operations the better so that if I was discovered then I could not give much away. You will not live long, unfortunately I fear that the arrow has pierced you in such a way that you are a dead man crawling. I need to know the name of our other brother in the castle, so I may find him and inform him of your passing and the need to speed up our plans. I have told them to open only for us, so that we can slip in and kill the king before anyone else can get there to protect the king, but I need to know the name of our brother. You must tell me!" Oren wasn't sure if the lie was convincing enough, he was praying to god that the man would believe it.

DeletedUser35174

"Sir Krane, get something to tie up his stump, something to carry him, and a couple guards. We'll have to get him to the medical office. Hopefully Dr. McCoy can keep him alive." Daniel asked Krane. Krane nodded and looked around the room for anything to help them carry the one legged man. Daniel was arresting Stallar when Stallar fired an arrow at Daniel. The Arrow Pierced through Daniel his shirt now turning a dark red colour. "oh hell" Krane yelled and ran to grab Daniel before he fell. He carried Daniel in his arms and headed for the medical office hoping he'll get there in time.

DeletedUser

(OOC: Nothing I can post for Dist at the moment)

Oren

Liemorder hesitated. “No! We only work in threes! Four assassins would break the blessing! The High Priest would never have comcmited a blasphemy like that! You think you can lie your way in heretic? No. You will die in the purge. You have no right to live.”

Elsewhere in the castle…

The guard slumped to the floor, blood pouring from the open slash wound on his throat.
The hooded figure behind stepped over the body towards the sleeping guard in his bunk, not prepared as the elegant curved blade was thrust into his back.
Satisfied that the guards had been dealt with, the hooded figure moved out of the tower guardroom and back onto the ramparts, where many other hooded figures were crouched behind whatever cover they could find.
As one, the group began to run at a silent crouch towards the stairs on the side of the ramparts.
Suddenly from the tower the figure had just left, an extremely loud horn blast bellowed forth, the signal that the castle was under attack. Every guard in the fortress would now be awake.
The figure turned and ran back into the tower to find the formerly sleeping guard, severely wounded and lying on the floor with his lips pressed against the horn, blowing with all his might.
The figure plunged it’s blade into the guard, killing him once and for all. But the damage was already been inflicted. The castle had been woken, now the fight would begin.

Oren

Liemorder looked scared as the distant horn blast echoed through the castle. Taking a deep breath in, he looked down at the dagger, before looking back up at Oren. “Hear that? That is the sound of my comrades. Cladenhon has done their work. In a matter of minutes the king will be dead, and we will be in charge.” Liemorder smiled, before plunging the dagger into his heart.

Sir Krane

As he ran towards the castle hospital, Krane became entangled with guards already responding to the horn blow. The court physician was standing outside the hospital, watching the guards run past as he wiped his brow.

DeletedUser31931

Oren swore, loudly. This was not good. Liemorder was dead and the castle was under attack. Dist was off fighting Stallar still and they could use him here, but that was of no consequence. He drew his bow and notched an arrow, moving to the window he glanced around for any assassins.

DeletedUser35174

Sir Krane was near the hospital when the horn rang out. Guards were running past him some even shoved him out of the way. "Watch it kid" He yelled at one who nearly made him drop Daniel. "Clear the way I've got a wounded here" he yelled again hoping they will move. Once at the hospital the physician was standing outside. "he got shot with an arrow" and that was all that was needed to be said. He waited until the physician got to work before he ran out of the hospital and sprinted in the direction the soldiers were heading in.

DeletedUser

Oren

Looking out of the slit window down onto the main courtyard, Oren could see a troop of fifteen, maybe twenty castle guardsmen dashing out towards the ramparts.
The moon did not shine brightly that night, and as such the only illumination came from the odd torch and what few beams of moonlight made it through the clouds.
As he watched a dozen or so black figures, clad in pure black, mere shadows leaped down from the ramparts onto the guards.
Screams issued forth from dying guards as the attackers carried out a deadly dance, their blades flashing as they twirled between the guards, who didn’t have time to react. It was a massacre.
Within but a few seconds all of the guardsmen lay dead. Another smaller group of guardsmen carefully moved out into the courtyard, wary of their newfound opponents.

Sir Krane

Leaving Daniel behind in the physician’s capable hands, Krane soon found himself in the main courtyard, amongst a handful of Royal Guardsmen. Amongst them Krane saw one particular guardsman, whom he had briefly spoken to but last night at the feast.
The guardsmen stood in fighting positions, spears levelled at their opponents, who were fanning out, boxing in the guardsmen. Occasionally groups of three or four guardsmen rushed into the courtyard by one of the other entrances, but they were swiftly dispatched.
Now that they were fanned out, Krane could see that there was maybe thirty or forty of the attackers, all armed with double edged halberds, and whatever else they had beneath their cloaks.

(OOC: Regal, nothing to post for Dist, so it’s up to you. Johann, the court physician should have Daniel conscious within a couple of posts. I’ll give you the cue.)

DeletedUser31931

Oren notched an arrow and fired toward the sea of black cloaks. He put his bow away and turned around, drawing his sword and started moving quickly back towards the chamber of the king. He would take up a defensive position in the room and attempt to defend the king from any threats.

DeletedUser35174

Sir Krane was with a group of guardmen. There was at least 40 hooded figures boxing them in now. "STAND FIRM AND KEEP THOSE SPEARS UP" Krane yelled at the top of his voice. His sword was at his hand ready to swing should one of the hooded men try to attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.