The Fall From Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser31931

Oren swung the sword he'd been given. It was a good sword, not as good as Widow-maker but it'd do. "It is thank you. Here, have what is yours." He pulled Widow-maker out of it's sheath and handed it to the man. "Now then, do we stay here until it is time to let you in or what, because you do realise that if we stay missing for a while our disappearance will be noted?"

DeletedUser

(OOC: Just newly arrived from a long spell away so I'll just begin with this starter to ease myself back into the RP)

Leo smiled as he slipped through the crowds. Spotting a fine stand, with a well dressed woman behind it, he aimed for it. He grasped the womans hand with his right and kissed it gently, whilst his left snatched three apples from their basket. Letting go, he winked, and resumed his walk. After a few metres, he stopped suddenly and spat out of his apple, much to the displeasure of the man in front of him. "Damn. Now, I'll get a right tongue lashing for disappearing again. Then again Crux is such a terribly bad companion" Leo muttered. Raising his head again, a smile returned to his lips, as he concocted the perfect excuse to save his head from an ache. Leo started off again, with proud, confident strides.

Leo walked for a few minutes. He removed an apple from his pocket, and as he raised the delicious fruit to his lips, he noticed a brown blur to his right. Something hard and small struck his right side, throwing him to the ground. Wincing, Leo turned to look at his assailant. His assailant turned and stared at him, before saying "Hee-haw". A donkey had lashed out and poor Leo had been on the receiving end.

DeletedUser

Leo
As Leo moved through the streets just outside of the castle, he suddenly saw someone. Inquisitor Shyther. The supposedly missing Inquisitor was moving through the streets back towards the castle. Something wasn’t right about him, no. He appeared to be deep in thought, was that it? Just…not quite here…not quite right.
Not seeing Leo, Shyther passed right by, heading on an unchaning course towards the castle.

Oren & Dist
“Ah,” The man said. “As I said before, you are free to leave at any time you wish. Although I suggest that you do not leave yet, because if you do, then you won’t get to hear about what exactly you’re facing.” The man leaned forwards, twirling the gold coin between his fingers.
“You’ve upheld your end of the bargain, now I shall uphold mine.” He took a deep breath. “Currently, form what I gather, you appear to be under the illusion that you are suffering a rebellious plot to overthrow your government orchestrated by the so called ‘Brystkel-Luchper’ cult. To explain just how wrong you are, I am afraid that I shall have to use a simile.” He stopped twirling the coin, instead holding it up to the Inquisitors. “See this coin. It has two sides.” He turned it over. “Yet you only see one side at a time,” He flipped it over again. “Or, you see neither side.” He turned the side of the coin to face them. “The conspiracy you face is the coin. You are not facing one psychotic cult. You are facing two. The Brystkel and the Luchper cult are two separate entities, and they both stand for completely different things. They both believe that the world will end soon, and thus it can only be saved by their respective cult taking over the world. However their methods differ. The Brystkel believe that the world can only be saved by an entity of shared pain whereas the Luchper believe that the world can only be saved by an entity of light and purity. However they also believe that the end justifies the means, and are prepared to do anything to achieve their goals. That is just what you are facing. The two cults have been murdering their way up your aristocracy whilst attempting to pick each other off. Meanwhile you’ve just been running around in circles.” The man leaned back, placing the coin in his pouch. “But that’s not all, I can tell you more, and I will, because I want you to succeed. Both cults use teams consisting of three assassins. Each cult has sent a team into your royal court. So there are six assassins. Or at least there were. Three of the assassins are dead. Lords Rothaw and Uurden were Brystkel assassins. Your forces killed Rothaw, Uurden was killed by the Luchper. Barn Vorashti was a Luchper assassin, and he was murdered by Rothaw. So that leaves you with one Brystkel assassin, and two Luchper ones. I know their names. The remaining Brystkel assassin is the Royal Armourer, Lord Stallar. As for the Luchper assassins. I only know the names of one of them, his name is Lord Liemorder. If I were you I would arrest them both immediately, and interrogate Liemorder to uncover the name of the third Luchper.”
The man stood up and moved over to stand next to them. “Now I’m afraid that is all I know about the threat facing you, now it is up to you to decide what you shall do with the information. Now if you will excuse me I have over business to attend to. I must get my troops ready for the finale tonight!” He smiled stepping through the tentflap. Suddenly he paused. “Oh, did I not mention? The remaining assassins will make their move tonight. And they’ll have called in support from the other cultists. Good luck!”

DeletedUser31931

Oren listened and then swore. This was getting serious. "Dist, let's go!" He shouted. He ran out of the tent also commanding Dist's chair to follow him. He wasn't sure if it had worked but he kept on running anyway. "Dist, we head back for the castle, once we get there we split, you take Lord Stallar, try to get him alive, but that's not entirely a priority. Once you've dealt with him come find me and help me take Lord Liemorder. If I've already done that then you'll find me explaining everything to Raerrith." By this point he'd reached his horse. He jumped up sliding onto the horse and kicked it into a canter. "Ride Thunderflash!" he shouted and he flew along the path speeding back towards the castle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 819397

Dist sighed as the mysterious man explained exactly what was going on. Dark against Light...what a cliche. However, the danger was real, and though Dist didn't know either of the cults the man spoke of, he knew that most cults would stop at literally nothing to achieve their goals. Oren then ran out of the room, yelling...not at Dist, but rather his chair. Cackling as he flew after the other Inquisitor, he called out "You don't control my chair...I do! Look at you, talking to inanimate objects like that...maybe YOU'RE the crazy one heeheehee." He then cleared his throat and made a visible effort to return to the issue at hand. "Alright, your plan works for me. I'll head after the Armourer...if I hit another Inquisitor I'll fill them in and have them help. If we can stop both of them we'll only have one assassin to deal with tonight, aside from any help either cult has."

DeletedUser35174

Sir krane listened closely and absorved all that was being said to him about the Brystkel-Luchper. "oh hell" he cursed as he put the puzzle together. "im gonna need the book and the scroll now" he said to Gretther. Once he got them he stormed out of the library towards the Inquisitorial Chambers in search or Raerrith.

DeletedUser

Oren & Dist

As the tow Inquisitors frantically rode back towards the castle, the sun could visibly be seen to set in the distance. At any time now the assassins might make their respective moves.
Half an hour later the duo arrived back at the capital, 'Sanctuary' the battered sign stuck outside the gates. A particularly ironic name for the city, considering the circumstances.

Sir Krane

Raerrith could be found standing outside the Inquisitorial Chamber alongside Crux. He looked around at Sir Krane's approach. "Ah, Sir Krane." He smiled. "Crux says you've found something, do we finally have a solution?"

The Castle Wall

The hooded figure breathed a sigh of relief as the guard patrol passed by. Once they were at a safe distance, the figure slipped out of the alcove and rapidly moved along the ramparts, glancing through the battlements onto the darkening streets below. Looking for something. A minute or so later, the figure stopped. Taking out a rope from beneath it's cloak, the figure looked around, checking for guards, before lowering the rope over the walls down toward the alleyway below, which was secluded, no-one would see what was taking place. Perfect. As the rope hit the ground, the figure could feel a tug as someone began climbing upwards. Tonight was going to be fun.

DeletedUser35174

"Crux says you've found something, do we finally have a solution?" Raerrith asked." the book is the the holy book of the Brystkel-Luchper. Gretther said the Brystkel-Luchper wanted to unite the world under one goverment, to do this they sent 3 or 6 assasins to inflitrate courts" he sighed and handed him the scroll that he recieved. " you might wanna read this, now we know the motives, what's going to be our next move"

DeletedUser31931

As Oren and Dist pulled into the courtyard, Oren dismounted, threw the reigns to his stable-hand and set off at a run. He ran into the castle and asked one of the guardsmen. "You! Where are Lord Liemorder's chambers?!" He was one of the protection detail who was supposed to know the layout of the castle and where people's rooms where, so Oren was hoping that his luck would hold out.

Deleted User - 819397

The royal armorer...that was Dist's target. He hadn't had a need for armor or weaponry, his mind being his weapon. However, seeing as he'd be without backup, he animated a decorative suit of armor in one of the castle's halls, having it grab a nearby sword. It trotted alongside his chair as he flew towards the armory. With any luck, the man would be there.

DeletedUser13682

Clank clank clank clank! This strange sound filled the atmosphere filled with bright pink clouds inhabited by whirleybirds. Daniel's picnic with the court of the Frazzle King Aertosokles slowly disappeared as the clanking got louder. Soon it disappeared completely, leaving Daniel to float in the pink sky alone. The clanking got even louder, finally turning the pink sky black. It was then that Daniel woke up.

Getting out of bed, Daniel groped around, feeling for his lamp. When he found that, he groped for a tinder box, finding it after nearly knocking it down. After lighting the lamp, Daniel headed to his door. Upon opening it, he saw Dist floating by, leading a suit of armour. "Dist!" Daniel called out. "Why are you making such a racket?"

DeletedUser

Oren

“Lord Liemorder? I think he should be on his way to an audience with the king sir.” The guardsman answered. Seeing Oren’s expression he spoke again. “If you so wish I and my fellow here will accompany you.” He said, gesturing to the other Royal Guard that stood next to him.

Sir Krane

Raerrith took the scroll, opened it and scanned it briefly. "So what, they're some cult devoted to pain that want to stage a coup?" He sighed, passing the scroll to Crux. "Right, we need to put the king under protection. Crux, go organize the king's protection detail, no-one sees him without my permission." The Inquisitor nodded, before moving off down the corridor. "Krane, go and get Daniel, then meet me at the king's chambers in an hour's time. I'll try and find the others."

DeletedUser31931

"Yes, and run!" Oren replied to the guardsmen and he began running for the king's chambers praying to dear god that they made it in time to save the king or he was surely dead. Unless Lord Liemorder was going to wait until the banquet this evening if there was one then the King was dead. He ran through the castle and had another thought, maybe Raerrith for some reason had finally gotten a protection detail on the King as Oren had suggested multiple times.

Deleted User - 819397

Daniel appeared in front of Dist, clearly just woken from a nap, asking why he was making so much noise. The crazed animator shot a dirty glance at the suit of armor. "I told you to make less noise you wretch!" he yelled at it. Turning back to Daniel, he appeared to grow somewhat more sane. "Oren and I were able to obtain the names of two more traitors to our kingdom. Oren's on his way to arrest the one, and I'm taking down Lord Stallar, the Royal Armorer. Figured it'd help to have some backup with me, but it's making enough racket to stir curdled milk!" With another glare at the armor, Dist started moving again. "If you'd like to help, you'd be welcome to, right?" The armor, at which the question was directed, predictably gave no response.

DeletedUser13682

Two more assassins? How were they found? No time to ask now. The time to arrest was now while there was surprise. "You're not very subtle with that armour clanking around. Besides, if it was me, I'd prefer human backup." Daniel hurriedly slid on his boots and grabbed his sword and some rope for tying up the armourer. The pyjamas weren't very professional but there was no time to change. "Lead the way Dist. And send that thing away. You'll scare Stallar."

Deleted User - 819397

Dist couldn't help but snicker at Daniel's appearance. Fighting in his bedclothes...such a strange choice...or it would be if they weren't in a hurry. Almost as though he was retorting to the chuckle, the other Inquisitor told him to get rid of the suit of armor, saying it would only alert Stallar to their presence ahead of time. "But I like the hulking suit of empty armor!" he complained. He was about to launch into a tirade about how even empty suits of armor had rights, then remembered they had a job to do. "Fine, fine...I'll be back for you, but for now go rest on that wall, ok?" His tone was almost loving; clearly Dist developed attachments to the things he animated...everyone knew his chair was his most prized possession, even though he could animate another should his current one be rendered useless. With Daniel in tow, Dist continued to head towards Stallar's armory, wondering if he could animate swords to fly at the man when they got there.

DeletedUser

Oren

The two guardsmen ran flat out behind him, following him as he ran for the king's chambers. Several minutes of frantic running later he rounded the corridor to see Lord Liemorder, who was walking towards them, as this was a shortcut to the chambers.
At the sight of the frantic Inquisitor, Liemorder stopped dead in his tracks. Turning, he began to sprint away from them.

Daniel & Dist

A short while later the pair arrived at the royal armoury. The heavy wooden doors were wide open. Inside, standing amongst the many rows of wooden shelving containing many instruments of war stood Lord Stallar, a tall man with an aging face and a short white beard. Strangely the detail of guards assigned to protect the deadly collection was nowhere to be seen. Although shadows lingered between the shelves, Stallar was the only man to be seen.
"You're cleverer than we gave you credit for." He began, taking a step towards them. "Now, I would very dearly like to engage you in a civil discussion concerning exactly how you discovered us, I do not have the luxury of time. For a start, as there are no guards with you, I shall assume that you are the only ones with the knowledge. Good." He smiled. "You think you have arrived in time to stop me from calling my brothers. But you are wrong. There was no way I could have despatched all the guards here on my own." Suddenly the corpse of a guardsman fell from behind a rack, slumping onto the floor, a wide slash wound evident on the man's throat. "Now you have to die." He said firmly, taking a falchion from a nearby rack. Two figures in black hooded robes stepped out behind him. Each carrying a double ended halberd.
Both figures raised their halberds and leapt forward as Stallar stepped over the corpse.

DeletedUser13682

Where were the guards? Why was the door open? Did Stallar send them away? Was this a trap? Daniel and Dist made their way to the centre of the armoury, where they were greeted by the ageing Stallar. He began a monologue straight from a copper pulp (dime novel in our time copper is price pulp is low quality paper) explaining how they were too late to stop Stallar from summoning his friends. Just then a guard dropped from the shadows, stone dead and dramatic as the King's Players. Then Stallar announced that they would die as two hooded men walked from the shadows and leaped at the two inquisitors. Daniel grabbed a gladius from a rack with his left hand and deflected the halberds of the attackers into the racks. "Dist try and bind these guys, but make sure Stallar can't escape. I'll hold off these two easties. (They may not be from the Eastern Empire, but during the Peninsular War Daniel had been in a similar situation. "Don't worry, I've made it out of worse," Daniel told Dist, as a smile of a curious breed began to form on Daniel's face.

DeletedUser31931

(OOC: Agreed this with tigermite)
As Oren ran into the corridor he shouted to Liemorder "Lord Liemorder, stop! I wish to ask you some questions involving the safety of the king!" As Liemorder turned to run he bellowed "AFTER HIM!" and they ran, but as they ran Oren had an idea, he pulled his bow out of his quiver and as they turned the corridor they entered a straight corridor. Oren dropped to one knee and notched an arrow, squinting he prayed for whatever luck he had to hold him through this one and he fired his arrow. It shot through the air and split Liemorder's calf in half, he collapsed to the floor in what must have been agony, but he would not be able to walk again for a while. "Bind him and gag him!" he said grabbing a bit of rope off and some cloth and throwing it to the guards "I'm going to check on the King." and he ran back towards the king's chambers.

Deleted User - 819397

"I could've held one of them down if you'd have let me bring the armor...he knew we were coming anyway," Dist sulked. Raising his chair so that he was above the men attacking, he looked around for something he could animate. He saw quite a bit of weaponry, as well as armor...and that gave him an idea. "Heheheheheheehehehehehehehehe..." he cackled as magic flew from his fingers into various items around the room, then purposely dropped his chair on top of one of the attackers, wincing as the impact stung him. "That should bind him, wouldn't you say?" Exhaustion was apparent on his face...whatever he'd done had been truly draining. "I don't think I'll be of much help if my idea doesn't work," he began, only to see that his improvised creation was coming to life. Forged from a plethora of armor and weaponry, a many-armed suit of armor, quite large, was rapidly forming. The helmet acting as its head turned to look at its master, empty behind the visor. "Oh, wait...we were supposed to capture him, weren't we?" he realized, as he was about to give the order for him to attack Lord Stallar. "Gah! Why does it never work the way I want it to? Arrgh...never mind, attack the other one! The one with the halberd like you have in your...umm...third left arm? Oh, just attack the one I'm pointing at! Daniel, you've got Lord Stallar!" he cried as the animator's creation began to advance on the assassin. Dist wouldn't be able to hold such a large being together for long, but the simple fact he was able to make it spoke volumes about his power. The man was crazed, but in this case he'd used his gaps of logic to create something that wasn't anatomically possible. This was likely why he'd been added to the Inquisitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.