The Fall From Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser13682

Of course there had been fights here, those happen all the time. Daniel didn't want to hear about any regular drunken brawl. He wanted to know about anything spectacular. "Let me try to clear it up a bit. Last month, we received reports of a murder near here. Questioning led us here, where the claim was made that a sort of distraction happened here. Something that would draw everybody's attention away from the scene of the murder. Perhaps bigger than a brawl. It would draw passersby, shopkeepers, even some animals."

DeletedUser

Carbos
Carbos considered Briccone's offer for a moment. "Accepted.." He said, "Now, as for information, the murderer could have been anyone, but as I'm sure you know by now nobody's done teh usual trick of renting rooms and not sleeping in them. Therefore the murderer either sleeps on the street, or has a residence, or, what I think may be far more likely," Carbos leaned towards Briccone. "Is that the murderer stays in the castle, and may or may not be a nobleman, it's what I'd do, lure my targets out into the streets, that way, all suspicion is placed on the town's lowlife, and you lot end up running around chasing the wrong tails."
The Barman
The barkeep chuckled. "Well on the night o' that murder we had one hell of a brawl 'ere. Some hooded fella comes in and said something, and this punchup started. spilled out onto the street." He shrugged. "Other than that, we've had nothing major 'ere."

DeletedUser28032

It was a nice theory but was all that it was...a theory and it didn't actually tell him anything he hadn't learnt himself already, although if Carbos was right then at least he'd be able to narrow down the search "Do you have any information on the killer perchance? or his victims for that matter that I could use? I would be more than happy to make it worth your while" Gabriel said with a grin leaning across the table as he did so, so that Carbos would be able to whisper if he felt the need for secrecy and if not then at least it gave Gabriel the chance to get a look at his ledgers.

DeletedUser

Carbos
"Do you have any information on the killer perchance? or his victims for that matter that I could use? I would be more than happy to make it worth your while"
Carbos stole a quick look down at his ledgers, he'd had a gap in his profits ever since...well, best not think about that.
"Well, I know that the weapons merchant, Estardor, was selling a lot of weapons before he got killed, a little fella working for him told me that he'd sold a tonne of arnaments to some people who Estardor didn't name, and when I say a tonne, I mean a tonne, swords, axes, polearms, daggers, crossbows, bows..." Carbos shrugged. "I'd say that was a good enough motive, Estardor would have been the only man who knew who they wre, and as such would be a vulnerability, as for the nobles, some of their murders may not even be linked, all the nobles have enemies, as for the Inquisitor that got killed, well, that was hardly suprising, I'd ask Mister Raerrith if Nybairn might have uncovered anything before he died." Carbos leaned back in his chair.
"Now, what can you offer me in return for that information?"

DeletedUser13682

The hooded figure seemed to be the key to this line of inquiry. Maybe they could find out where the figure went. “This hooded figure you saw, did you notice anything particular about him? Or maybe it was a her? See their face at all? Maybe where they came from or were headed too?” Daniel felt that if he didn’t get any good answers here, then they would have to move on to the scene of the next murder, and so on. They would probably have to do that anyway, but it would be a good thing to come back with some information, instead of empty handed.

DeletedUser

The Barman
"Couldn't see their face," The barkeep began. "So dunno if it coulda been a her, but they came in here, started talking to some big fella, then the big fella started the punchup, and then the hooded fella disappeared." The barman finished, wiping his hands with a rag. "Is that all sir? Or can I get you another drink?"

DeletedUser

Name: Crux Jade
Equipment: Two small blades in his secret pockets,one long sword,poison darts,ropes,hand knives.(Like Ezio in Assassin's creed)
Appearance: Muscular body,6'5 height,black long hair,brown hazel colored eyes,wearing black clothes with a white inquisitor robe on top.
Bio: Born in an assassin's family,Crux when young was trained in all kinds of martial arts and developed a body which was very hard to be broken down.When he turned 16,it was a custom in his family to kill someone.Crux,the humble assassin argued he wouldn't.But he was forced by his parents to do so.So,on the day of his reckoning,where all his family was watching him,he killed the general of one of the Kings.Because of his killing,the rebellion became strong and took over the entire country.His family was extremely happy,but seldom did they know that on the day when the party was held for Crux,He betrayed their trust and poisoned all 44 assassins except for his younger brother Draco.He was riding with Draco to a far away land until the Army caught them off guard and arrested Crux.Draco escaped but Crux was sent to jail until he broke out and was recruited by the Inquisitors an year later.Crux joined the Inquisitors to find his younger brother Draco.

PHYSICAL: 7

Strength: 4 (5)
Dexterity: 2 (3)
Stamina: 1 (2)

SOCIAL: 3

Charisma: 1 (2)
Manipulation:2(3)
Appearance: 0 (1)

MENTAL: 5

Perception: 1 (2)
Intelligence: 2 (3)
Wits: 2 (3)

TALENTS: 9

Athletics: 2
Brawl: 2
Dodge: 3
Intimidation: 1
Subterfuge: 1

SKILLS: 13

Melee (Small Weapons): 5
Melee (Large Weapons): 4
Thievery: 2
Stealth: 2

KNOWLEDGES: 5

Linguistics: 2
Trade: 1
Research: 1
Science: 1

DeletedUser

Raerrith
Raerrith moved into the inquisitorial chamber, to see that Inquisitor Jade was sitting at the table. "Crux!" Raerrith said as he strode into the room and sat down in his high-backed wooden chair.
"How are you doing?" Raerrith asked as he took the crossbow, crossbow bolt and throwing knife out form beneath his coat and placed them on the tabletop, scrutinizing them, attempting to gleam any kind of information that might help him and the others solve the case.

Shyther
Shyther followed Raerrith and Oren into the inquisitorial chamber, where Inquisitor Crux Jade was already sitting.
Shyther sat down in his own chair, remaining silent, tongue rolling around inside his mouth.
More of Raerrith is revealed....he thought, thinking of their...'altercation' but a few minutes ago, Raerrith doesn't care for justice, he just craves power....interesting...

DeletedUser28032

So somebody was building an army that wasn't good as it normally meant revolution was in the air which often meant mass bloodshed especially those within the king’s personal retinue, Gabriel had already had to skip town once to avoid an uprising and he didn't fancy having to do it again.
As the gangster asked for his reward Gabriel was half tempted to teach him a life lesson about asking for payment up front but decided that he would never leave this place alive if he did that "You have a rat within your organisation...I'd start checking your gambling dens" Gabriel said dropping a broad hint as to where he could find the rat, an informer of Gabriel’s that had outrun its usefulness.
Bidding farewell to Carbos with a nod of his head he heads for the exit knowing full well that the others would wish to hear about this and also to see if he could find out what Nybairn had been up to before he died.

DeletedUser

Upon seeing Raerrith, Crux grew happy immensely.It was 2 months since he had left the city to solve a quest and returned with,well,killing results.Crux immidiately answered,"I'm fine sir,how have you been?".Crux was indeed very happy and sat down in his chair.He took out a Jayberry fruit that restores energy and gave one to Raerrith and one to Shyther.Crux wondered where his friend,Gabriel and Carbos were.

Crux left the Inquistorial chamber excusing Raerrith and Shyther alone.He wandered about and reached the balcony.Crux said to himself,"This land is and will always be beautiful.Even hiding its bloody past."Crux then left the balcony and went to his own private chambers.Crux saw it was still beautiful,thanks to his maid Berta Berchrome.Crux then had a long sleep.

DeletedUser13682

Daniel sighed. Of course the barman wouldn’t have much information. It wasn’t his fault, just that he didn’t have a need to pay attention to the cloaked figure, and therefore just didn’t have the information necessary. That would probably be the same situation for many of their future inquiries. “Just tell me what they said, what direction they headed into, and one last pint of bitter.”

DeletedUser

The Barman
The barkeep handed Daniel another tankard. "I'm sorry sir, I dunno what the fella said, and I was kinda busy tryin' to handle the brawl, so I didn't notice which way he went." He shrugged. "The only person who knows what the fella said was the fella who started the brawl, and I ain't seen him fer ages, big fella mind, beard, neck-length brown hair, dunno where he is now."

DeletedUser13682

Daniel sipped at the beer. He didn't think the barman would know where the hooded person went. There was a clue though. There was the man who started the brawl who might be able to shed light on this hooded figure. The problem was that the barman didn't know where he was. That was ok, there were way of finding people. "One last thing; what's this other guy's name, and where is his last known place?" After the answer... "Thanks for the help. You might have helped us captured a very dangerous person." After leaving the barman a few extra coins, Daniel headed outside. "Come on Dist, we're headed back to the castle. We have a man to find."

DeletedUser

Crux woke up from his long sleep and felt dizzy and about to fall right off because of hunger.He crawled all the way from his big bedroom which was ever beautiful to the the dining table.He saw that his lunch of Ceaser's Salad was prepared. He reluctantly ate his lunch.He grew a little full and went over to the balcony and saw the sight he always liked.The garden was very green thanks to the help of the old gardener.

Crux then slowly exited his chambers and began walking the corridors.He saw one of the blue vases that always fascinated him.He said,"I see a blue dragon destroying an entire army.."He continued walking and reached the Inquisitor Chambers.He sat down hoping somebody would show up.

Deleted User - 819397

Daniel's exit prompted Dist to come down from his height. "I didn't see anyone looking suspicious while you were in there...it appears the murderer either believes the barman can't help us in a way that'd lead us to them, or they don't care if we find them. Either option is...unpleasant hehehe." Daniel mentioned they had someone to find, and Dist inquired as to what the man looked like. Upon getting the description he sighed. "Unfortunately, longer hair is the style now, and facial hair is more common than the lack of it is. We're going to have our work cut out for us on this one." He told his chair to follow Daniel, then leaned back, lost in thought. If he was the murderer, he wouldn't have wanted any information leading back to him...so why let the barman go if he had a description of the person? It didn't make sense. He'd have to make further investigations on his own time...

DeletedUser

The Barkeep

"One last thing; what's this other guy's name, and where is his last known place?" Asked Daniel.
"Ah, that I can tell ya!" Replied the barman, "His name was Gharon Rusup, and I last saw him after the brawl limping out onto the street." The barman smiled and grinned even more when Daniel deposited a few gold coins into his hands. He couldn't have cared less about 'capturing a very dangerous man', this was business! Not law!
The barkeep watched Daniel leave, then suddenly realisation struck, and the smile disappeared from his face, he'd just given information to the Inquisitors about a presumably very powerful assasin, and they hadn't yet captured him. wouldn't the assasin come after him? Surely not, the barman presumed, the Inquisitors would catch him in no time, right?

Raerrith

Raerrith smiled as Crux replied, before asking a question, at which point Crux excused himself and walked out of the room.
Not pausing to think about it, Raerrith turned to Oren and Shyther.
"So, we finally have genuine leads," Raerrith shot a glance at Shyther, who didn't respond. "A crossbow, a crossbow bolt and a throwing knife. I must congratulate you, Oren on obtaining two of the items." Raerrith nodded to Oren. "Dist, Briccone, Daniel and Leo are all still out in the town. For now, we must continue this line of inquiry. Oren, I want you to examine the throwing knife and find out if there's anything special about it, which I suspect there is, Shyther and I will focus our efforts on the crossbow and the bolt, I doubt there will be much information that we can gleam from the crossbow, but it's worth a try." Concluded Raerrith, he stood up, and passed the throwing knife over to Oren.
He turned to Shyther, and handed him the crossbow and the bolt. "Carry these."
Shyther did not respond to his degradation to the position of a lackey, but instead took the items and followed Raerrith out of the chamber.

Oren
The knife was strange, it was finely balanced, with an extroardinarlily sharp curved blade, and a bone hilt with a symbol carved onto the pommel, the symbol was that of a circle, with a skull at the centre, inbetween the circle's rim and the skull, were ten tiny dagger carvings, which all pointed at the skull.

DeletedUser31931

Carvings. A finely crafted dagger. It must have a creator. Oren was no genius but even he realised the importance of these markings. He decided that he could go call in on his armourer who was an old friend and see if he knew the engravings on the dagger were that of a specific faction or bladesmith. Either of the two would give him a lead which Oren was determined not to lose. Slipping the dagger into his cloak he strode out the room. It was about a five minute walk to the weaponsmith's shop. He could replenish on some arrows whilst he was there. He needed to refill his quiver sometime soon and now was as good as anytime. He exited the castle and began to make his way across the city.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The Weaponsmith
Erh'dra turned as Oren walked into his small shop, Erh'dra was a small man, with short blond hair and a beard.
He was sat at his workbench, his excellent eyesight and skilled hands paying dividends as he put the finishing touches onto the hilt of a poignard.
Putting the weapon down, he stood up. "Oren!" He said as he moved over to the Inquisitor. "What brings you here?"

DeletedUser31931

Oren's journey was uneventful. He arrived in good time and as he entered the shop Erh'dra looked up. Erh'dra greeted Oren and asked why he was there. Oren pulled out the dagger from his cloak and said "This my old friend. Someone threw it at me. I want you to see if you recognise any of the markings on it. See if it belongs to anyone in particular in the city. I don't care if it's a amourer's markings or what so long as it can help me track down the man who tried to kill me I'm happy. Also whilst I'm here I need about twenty arrows." he handed the dagger to Erh'dra and stood there whilst the craftsman examined the dagger.

DeletedUser

Erh'dra
Erh'dra took hold of the dagger and looked it over once, when Oren asked for arrows Erh'dra turned. "BOY! Twenty arrows, NOW!" He barked, a boy, probably about twelve, moved into the room carrying a bundle of twenty arrows. He handed them to Oren, before disappearing back into the recesses of the workshop.
Erh'dra scrutinized the dagger, slowly, be began to speak; "It's a throwing knife, a damned good one too." He looked up at Oren. "I'm afraid I don't recognise the markings, but the blade is much more interesting, nobody in the entire kingdom makes daggers like these. You could only find such a knife in one of the eastern kingdoms, probably Rhrandur, you know, the one that's had their king assassinated but a few weeks ago. I'm sorry I can't tell you more than that, is there anything else you wish of me? Oh, and by the way, its ten silver coins for those arrows." Erh'dra finished. he was about to hand the knife back to Oren, when he paused. "You wouldn't allow me to buy this would you?" He asked, gesturing at the dagger, "It's just that its..such a brilliant piece of craftsmanship..."

Status
Not open for further replies.