The Fall From Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser31931

Oren listened to Erh'dra with interest. If no-one in this city could supply it then maybe that suggested that they were foreigners or then another thought popped into his head. He heard Erh'dra ask to buy it and Oren smiled, he knew Erh'dra was a collector and said "Not just yet. Maybe once I've finished with it but I need to be able to show it to people when following leads. I'll take good care of it. I promise." He took the dagger back and slipped it into his cloak once more. He pulled out ten silver coins and handed them to Erh'dra. "You wouldn't know if there is anyone who could supply one of these to anyone in the city. Smugglers or merchants or anyone?"

DeletedUser

Erh'dra
Erh'dra looked disheartened as Oren took the dagger, telling him that it wasn't for sale.
"You wouldn't know if there is anyone who could supply one of these to anyone in the city. Smugglers or merchants or anyone?" Asked Oren.
Erh'dra paused for a moment. "There's all sorts here, smugglers or thieves might be selling tonnes of these, and no one would ever notice, as for merchants, I haven't seen any on the market, I'd say they'd either been smuggled in, or owned by a foreigner who came here."
Erh'dra pocketed the silver coins. "If that's all, good day!" He said, still disheartened, a dagger like that would make his collection complete, he'd kill for a piece like that.

DeletedUser31931

"Goodbye old friend." Oren paused and realising just how much Erh'dra wanted the dagger said "How about this Erh'dra? I know you want the dagger so I swear that when this investigation is over and I no longer have need of it you can have it for the price of one of your finest swords. Does that sound fair to you?" Oren's sword was not that great, he used to have one of the best swords in the land which he had inherited off that Inquisitor he had first met but it had shattered in a fight once and Oren's replacement wasn't that great. Oren resolved to find Briccone and see if his contacts could find out if any thieves were smuggling these daggers into the city. He waited for Erh'dra's answer.

DeletedUser

Crux then entered the lonely Inquistorial Chamber and sat down on his seat,eating grapes and reading a newspaper.There he read "Confusion in city after the Murder".Crux immediately grew angry and continued reading.He could find no more than a polo victory for city's team and that the Mystique was going out of business.Crux,who had gone for two months,saw the fall of his favorite bar.Crux then soon began running and exited the palace in a hurry.He rode over his horse while all people in the market saluted the young man.Crux began shouting "Go horse,go!"Eventually,he fell down since he wasn't good with animals.He murmured,"Damn horse!Threw me away and is now running after apples!".Crux began walking when an old man agreed to give a ride to the Mystique.

Crux arrived at Mystique.The big voilet coloured bar which had a lot of windows and doors was now empty and quiet.He entered the old bar and sat over by the bartender's.He was soon greeted by the barkeep and drank a Charlotte Midvissel,his favorite.After drinking his drink,he left the bar and began walking towards the palace again.Crux said to himself,"The old man sure lost everything because of amateur thieves and opened doors"

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

(OOC: Groove, do you read anybody else's posts? Raerrith and Shyther have already moved out of the chamber.)

Erh'dra
Erh'dra did not hesitate when Oren offered him the dagger in exchange for a best sword, once the investigation was complete of course.
"Of course!" Erh'dra beamed. "Anything else I can do for you?" He said, beaming.

Shyther
Shyther followed Raerrith out of the chamber and through the endless stone hallways of the castle keep, outside, dusk was fast approaching, and the sun was dipping in the sky, although, inside the gargantuan stone fortress, nobody could see the sun.
Raerrith eventually stopped at the door to the royal armourer. It was opened from teh inside and they both stepped through.

DeletedUser31931

"No thank you Erh'dra, I'll leave you to your work. And I swear on my honour that I shall treasure the dagger and as soon as I am done with it I shall pop round and get a sword." With a smile Oren left, seeing Erh'dra always cheered him up. Oren began to walk back across the city keeping his eyes out for Briccone or Daniel and Dist. If he saw either of them he'd probably link up and try to get a status report to give to Raerrith. All the while he tried to remember the info about the dagger. He obviously couldn't give Briccone the dagger so he would have to show it to him and tell him the info and hope that Briccone could work with that.

DeletedUser

After the Mystique incident,Crux began walking towards the palace and saw a tall man with black hair and brown eyes.The man was miserably failing to hide a dagger from Crux.Crux then waited for a moment and started running towards him shouting,"Oren is that you?"He finally caught up to Oren and asked,"How have you been my friend?"Before Oren could answer,he asked,"Where is Erh'dra?" and "what is it that you are trying to hide?".Crux was puffing and panting and gulped his favorite wine from Mystique that he took as a goodbye.

DeletedUser31931

(OOC: Groove, don't just assume that you can make yourself someone else's friend because you want to be. As I now prove in this post. Also that bit about me trying to hide something I wouldn't be hiding anything so that was kind of ignorant (again to repeat what tiger said make sure you read all of someone else's post) but I'll go along with it.)
Oren saw Crux running towards him and groaned to himself. Crux was a bit of a lapdog, just following Oren round wherever he went and mostly useless in a fight, terrible at stealth etc. Oren just found his presence annoying but he had been warned by Raerrith in the past to put up with him. Lord only know why. Oren wondered why Crux knew about Erh'dra then he assumed that he went to Erh'dra for weapons too. "How do you know Erh'dra, Crux?" he asked and then Crux said that bit about him trying to hide a dagger, sure he had the dagger in his cloak but he wasn't trying to hide it. "I'm not hiding anything Crux. I have a dagger in my cloak because it is a clue to the investigation. No you can't see it before you ask. I need to find Raerrith." and with that painful business done Oren swept off into the castle checking over his shoulder to see if Crux was following him. He asked a servant where Raerrith was and got the reply that he had been seen heading to the armoury. Oren set off at a run to catch Raerrith.

DeletedUser

Crux said that he didn't knew Erh'dra and certainly didn't know Erh'dra had weapons.He said that he had simply overheard him and Erh'dra and decided to follow them.Crux then wanted to see the dagger but he couldn't.With Oren leaving,Crux really felt like a pain for all Inquisitors but he knew it was wrong and continued his path towards the castle.He said to himself,"Oren still knows how to show he's all tough and ignores me all the way."Crux then reached the castle and headed to the Weaponsmith because he wanted to replace his blades and equipment with new ones.He then bought the items from the money he just earned from the quest.The weaponsmith kept on telling,"Its magnatium,very costly and very sharp.Don't wreak it too."Crux just replied,"These will be fine with me,thank you old man".

DeletedUser28032

With his newly acquired information Gabriel made his way back towards the castle and its high looming walls, knowing that Raerith would wish to hear what he had to say as well as asking the high inquisitor some questions of his own.
Slipping through a sally port, the latch long ago altered by himself so as to provide him access to the castle this way he walks slowly down the narrow stone passage before coming out just behind the stables and the stench of manure.
Absently brushing at the sleeve of his doublet an item he'd once stolen from a merchant Gabriel watches with mild amusement as Oren came rushing across the yard in the direction of the armoury his clothing opening up as he moved with speed to reveal the elaborate hilt of a dagger obviously not of standard issue and considerably more valuable than the average trinket afforded by their meagre wages.
Deciding to pay back his friend for his earlier desertion Gabriel steps out from behind the stable and with a carefully placed boot causes Oren to stumble and drop to his knees, had Gabriel been real annoyed he could have easily sent him sprawling but that would have been unkind.
"Apologies friend I wasn't paying attention here let me help you up" he swiftly apologised, slipping one hand beneath Oren’s shoulder he helps him back onto his feet whilst his other hand deftly removed the dagger and slips it up his own sleeve.
"I thought you were supposed to be watching my back?" Gabriel asks in mild accusation once his friend was back on his feet raising a single questioning eyebrow as he waited for an explanation "I trust in your absence you discovered something of worth?"

DeletedUser31931

Oren saw Briccone slip across the courtyard and trip him up and then for a millisecond he felt Briccone's hand dart across his chest to were the dagger was. "You aren't a child and anyway, we agreed that your meetings would only work if I wasn't seen with you. Now then, that was a very slick move Briccone but I'll be having the dagger back thank you." Oren said "I need it for the investigation. You missed a hooded man attacking Raerrith at least I think that is what he did. I picked up the pursuit and he threw that dagger" at which point he pulled it out of Briconnes sleeve and returned it to his cloak. "and shot a crossbow bolt at me and then threw his crossbow aside. I have some info I need to give to Raerrith about the dagger so you not stealing it would be mighty helpful." Oren having stood back up by this time checked the dagger was there and walked off again.

DeletedUser

Crux began walking pridefully with his new blades when he saw a tension brewing up between Oren and Briconne.Crux said to himself,"I'm not gonna go there cause I don't care."He began walking towards the armory in search for new guards and the high inquisitor.He walked slowly,humming his favorite song and eating a jayberry.The armory was just a few rooms away but Crux got distracted when he saw the green garden and the big tree in center.He said,"My guards can wait a while."He then went to the mushy garden and lied under the tree's shade for a while.He then stood up and began walking towards the armory once again.He reached the armory and saw Raerrith.He said,"Hello Raerrith.How was your day?"Crux then went to the armorer and placed his order for new guards and repairing a steel vest.

Before leaving,Crux said to Raerrith,"Oh,and by the way,Oren is looking for you and says he has something to show to you."He then said,"He is currently in the courtyard."Crux left the armory and said to himself,"Oh,I've forgotten to buy this month's food for my piranha.Poor fish will soon die of hunger."Upon saying this,Crux began running in the empty corridors towards the Vet.Crux while running saw Oren but still ignored him and continued running.

DeletedUser

(OOC: Groove, don't jump from one place to another, you're running around the castle at the speed of light, asking questions and not waiting for the answer, by doing that you cheat yourself of interaction with other people, it's far better to slow down and take note of your surroudings and thoughts. As regards to your earlier interaction with the weaponsmith, 1; all NPC interaction is handled by me, and 2: there's no such thing as a weaponsmith. so I'll ignore that bit of your post, and why would there be a vet in the castle? It's a fantasy RP!)

Raerrith

Raerrith presented the crossbow to the royal armourer, a tall man with an aging face and a short white beard.
The room was filled with weapons and armour of all kinds, daggers, bows, crossbows, swords, shields, axes, maces, hauberks, basinets, coats of mail, gauntlets, every concievable instrument of destruction and protection filled the vast room. guards stood at every doorway, protecting the arsenal.
"Do you recognize the crossbow?" Asked Raerrith.
The armourer peered intently and the crossbow and the bolt.
Suddenly Crux ran in behind them, greeted Raerrith, before garbling something to the armourer, turning back to Raerrith and babbling something about Oren and a pirahana (OOC; Wait a minute, a pirahna in a low medieval enviroment?), whatever that was.
Crux then proceeded to run back out.
Raerrith turned back to the armourer.
"I'm afraid there's nothing special about it, although as you may have heard, a crossbow and a number of bolts were stolen from here but a week ago, this may be the item." The armourer said, he turned and began to move towards a wooden rack filled with crossbows.
Raerrith followed. "I heard nothing of this, was the culprit caught?"
"No." the armourer shook his head as he placed the crossbow on the rack. "I reported it to the late Inquisitor High Mage Nybairn, he said he'd look into it, but nothing ever became of it."
Raerrith scratched his bearded chin. "Interesting. Thank you, your information has been of help."
He turned and strode out of the chamber, with Shyther in his wake, he moved through the corridors, which were beginning to fill with courtiers, preparing for a night of revelry at the king's behest.
He turned a corner and found himself in front of Oren and Briccone.
"Oren, Briccone." Raerrith greeted the pair. "Oren, what information do you have on the dagger? and Briccone, did your contacts know anything of usefulness? Come, tell me on the way to the throne room." Raerrith turned, and with the others behind him, joined the flow of courtiers, jesters and servants heading towards the throne room for an evening of merriment, in their duty as royal guards, Raerrith and his team had to attend, and attempt to stay sober during the evening.

DeletedUser

Crux then went over to his chambers and fed his fish.He then ate a few fruits and slowly began strolling in the corridors.He then saw Raerrith,Shyther,Oren and Briconne and jesters,courtiers and servants going towards the Throne room.Crux went over to the Inquisitors and asked them what was happening and if they needed his help.Crux slowly started walking with them and asked,"Is there a new case pending?"He continued walking with them into the Throne Room.

DeletedUser

Raerrith
As the group moved down the corridors, Crux caught up with them.
"Is there a new case pending?" He asked.
Raerrith stopped and looked at him. "Where have you been for the last months? eleven people have been brutally and inexplicably murdered!" Raerrith replied coldly.
Turning his head, he continued walking through the corridors, it would be a fair while before they reached the throne room.

DeletedUser

Upon hearing Raerrith,Crux replied,"Well,I was gone for a few months to my island wasn't I?Okay,can you tell me about the murders while we go to the throne room?"Crux began walking with the Inquisitors into the throne room.He then laughingly asked Rerrith,"How has our king been?Is he still nagging for more safety?"

DeletedUser

Raerrith

"You have an island?" Raerrith replied to Crux, Turshire was doubly landlocked, the sea was many leagues away, and few individuals had ever seen it.
"As for the murders, we have had eleven murders over the past month, the first, a month ago to the day, was the murder of Estardor, a powerful weapons merchant. this was just outside the castle gates in a backalley. from there on sporadically over the next few weeks nine noblemen were murdered, Baron Woyray, Baron Arroth, Baron Tinnel, Count Dantaii, Lord Areang, Lord Kelm, Lord Awer, Duke Coiten and Duke Burale respectively, nothing connects them, except that they were murdered in order of court standing, lowest to highest, all were murdered in or around the castle keep, and finally, last week, Inquisitor High Mage Nybairn was murdered in the keep next to the king's throneroom, all the murders were committed at midnight, and appear to have been committed using a dagger, which has not yet been found. The murders were committed by person or persons unknown." He explained.
"How has our king been? Is he still nagging for more safety?" Crux asked, laughing.
Raerrith looked at Crux, his face set in a stern mask of stone. "The king takes all the neccessary precautions required in this day and age, we are his sworn bodyguards, any word against him is treason, and such is worthy of the death sentence, I have the authority to execute you on the spot. But I shall not." Raerrith said sternly.

Inquisitor Shyther
Shyther walked behind the others, listening to their conversation. After Raerrith finished speaking, he smiled, astonishing, for once, Raerrith wasn't utilizing his power as High Inquisitor.

DeletedUser

When Raerrith asked, "You have an island?" Crux replied, "Not all is mine.But I have paid a lot of money to found it.Although I didn't do it, the settlers gave me a quarter of the island and built me a nice cottage along the sea." When Crux heard about the murders, he was almost shell shocked after hearing the murders of so many nobles that too occurring near the Castle.He was deeply saddened after hearing about the High Inquisitor Mage Nybairn.When Raerrith almost accused him of treason, he replied, "I was joking High Inquisitor, i would never dream of His Majesty getting hurt and me conspiring against him.When he heard of the dagger that was not found, Crux said, "I think I know which dagger it is." He pointed towards Oren and took out the dagger he was carrying.Crux said that Oren wanted to show it to Raerrith and it was very important.Then Crux asked Raerrith if he needed any help with the security in the castle.

DeletedUser

(OOC: Groove, you don't actually have the dagger, Oren does, as such it is Zemmy's decision whether or not he presents it.)

Raerrith
Crux excused himself the the 'joke', before saying that Oren had the dagger that was the instrument of murder.
Raerrith sighed. "That is not the dagger in question, firstly, it is a throwing knife, not a dagger, and secondly, the dagger in question is short and broad, whilst the knife that Ore is holding is long, thin and curved. Now, Oren, what information have you discovered about the aforementioned weapon?" He turned back to Crux, "Oh, by the way, Shyther here can fill you in on more information if you so wish."

Shyther
"Of course." Shyther replied, he took a firm hold of Crux's shoulder and led him forward into the throng of courtiers and servants. "Now, is there anymore you wish to know?"
He asked.

In the town
The local crime lord Carbos wound his way down the backstreets, accompanied by two burly armed men. Night had fallen, the sounds of merriment emanated from each and every inn that they passed, and the torchlight flickered out of the windows.
Carbos strode through the light and shadow, remembering Briccone's last words to him; "You have a rat within your organisation...I'd start checking your gambling dens."
Carbos smiled, he'd told Briccone but a fraction of what he knew. and my oh my, he would make use of the information.
He continued down the sidestreets, eventually stopping in front of a large shadow.
"Hello." Carbos said to apparently no-one.
"Why did you summon me?" Came a voice from within the shadow.
"I know everything, and I want money." Carbos said smugly.
"You will get what you deserve." The voice replied.
"Good. I want a thousand gold pieces before the night is through. I know you can pay."
"That's just as well, because I pay in kind." Suddenly a shadowy hooded figure darted out of the shadow, a gleaming knife held in it's hand.
Before anyone could react, the figure attacked Carbos, placing oen hand over the man's mouth to muffle the screaming as the dagger was thrust into the man's heart, killing him swiftly.
The guards drew their short swords, but the figure moved first, a crossbow bolt thudded into the forehead of one guard whilst a dagger found it's way into the eyes of the other.
The bodies crumpled to the ground.
The figure leant down, "If you'll excuse me, I have business to conduct." it whispered into Carbos' ear, before turning and disappearing into the night.

DeletedUser

Crux started walking with Shyther and asked, "Where exactly did the murders occur and where are the victims' houses. I also wish to know who the guards were on that day and where are they now.That is all I need Shyther."

Status
Not open for further replies.