The Fall From Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

"Rich enough to be able to punish you if you ask any more questions" warned Leo. "Now tell me, did you sell some back garments to anyone recently? Anyone strange or shifty? If you lie to me, I will most certainly have you put away for a long time"

DeletedUser31931

Oren set off at a run, he had his sword with him, he tracked the figure through the alleyways and heard the barrels come down as he rounded the corner. With a swift motion he pulled out his shield and threw it into the barrels knocking some aside, he grabbed the shield as he ran past and speed up. He drew his bow as he ran, if he got to a straight part he would notch an arrow and loose it into the man's leg.

DeletedUser

(I'd watch how fast you were running if I were you Zem, your Athletics is 3, so don't speed up further. ;) )

The Tailor
The tailor blinked at Leo's threat.
"Sir, I can honestly inform you that I have not sold any black garments to anyone of any nature recently. Is that all?"

The Hooded Figure
The figure looked behind him to see the Inquisitor knock aside the barrels and draw his bow.
The hooded figure whipped out his crossbow, turned, and stood still just long enough for him to aim and shoot the bolt square at the Inquisitor.
Throwing the crossbow aside, the figure swiftly pulled a throwing knife out from beneath his cloak and threw that as well.
Turning back, the figure resumed it's running, speeding up to a very worthy pace.
Exiting the alley, the figure began to mingle with the crowds, as he passed by a street vendor, he tossed a few silver pieces down and picked up a hooded brown cloak, quickly dressing himself in it the figure once more began to move through the crowds.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

"Are you sure that this wouldn't... refresh your memory" Leo smiled as several silver coins onto the table. "If you help me, these might be yours, and maybe more"

DeletedUser

The Tailor
The tailor blinked in surprise as Leo offered several silver coins.
The tailor sighed. "Sir, I hope I do not need to tell you again, I have not sold any black garments to anyone of any nature, whatsover."

DeletedUser

Leo's eyebrows rose several centimetres higher than they normally do. A straight shopkeeper. Most would talk at the talk of coins, let alone see them. This one was not worth another attempt. "Good day talking to you. Hope you have some news for me if I see you again" Leo smiled, as he hoped this would break through the mans thick head as a threat.

DeletedUser

(OOC: Have you actually considered that the tailor hasn't got any information? :))

The Tailor
The tailor scowled as Leo threatened him.
"Are you taking those coins or are they a gift in the hope that I will somehow magically produce information?" The tailor replied.

DeletedUser

(OOC: Of course I have, but my character is too stubborn. He will relent eventually)

"No, keep them. Sorry for disturbing you during such a busy time" Leo joked as he gestured towards the empty shop. A scowl replaced Leo's grin when he left the shop. He decided to return to the Green Dragon Inn as Raerrith had ordered earlier. At the very least he has a lead on the bolt.

DeletedUser

(OOC: :) )

The Tailor
As Leo left the shop, the tailor scooped up the silver pieces and returned to his work.

(not much plot for me to feed y'all at the mo...)

DeletedUser

(Fair enough. Wouldn't want it to end too quickly)

After getting verbally abused several times, Leo reached the inn. Wondering why they were to meet here, Leo entered the inn, smelling the drink from the regulars, who Leo guessed were sailors.

DeletedUser31931

Oren just saw the cross-bow and dived out the way. Then the throwing knife came too. It landed in the wood next to his head. Oren grabbed them both and stuffed them in a pocket. He ran out but the street was really busy. He looked everywhere fora black cloak with a bit missing but saw nothing until he spotted the crossbow. Deciding that it was better than nothing Oren grabbed the crossbow and with the crossbow, the bolt and the dagger made his way back to the castle, hopefully they could use them to help figure it all out.

DeletedUser13682

Daniel nodded in understanding, then got up. “Come on, Dist. Let’s investigate some witnesses.” Daniel picked up a paper, listing people who had been in the areas the murders had taken place, and headed out into the world. Today, Daniel opted out of wearing the spangelhelm. Instead, he wore his beret, with badge of office pinned on it. Hopefully that will loosen tongues. If not, there was always the King’s gold, which Daniel had a sack of under his cloak.

Stepping outside, Daniel looked at the list, then headed to the first place indicated, a shrubber named Roger. Arriving at the place, a small store with a sign, made to look like a shrubbery with a low white fence around it, Daniel smiled at Dist. “Let’s hope Roger has some useful information. If the badge and gold don’t loosen his tongue, maybe some dancing shrubbery will.” Daniel then entered the store, bringing out a bound set of papers, and a pencil. “Good day to you, Roger the Shrubber. We have some questions we would like to ask you, official Inquisition business. You’re not in trouble, but we need your help.”

DeletedUser

Leo sat down in a quiet corner waiting for Raerrith to arrive. He ordered a pint of ale from a young waitress, who, when not on duty he would have tried, but not now. As he downed his pint, he observed the room, trying to find the assassin, though he knew that the person would not be incompetent enough to go into a well lit place. Would he? pondered Leo.

Deleted User - 819397

Dist instructed his chair to float alongside Daniel, agreeing to help with examining the witnesses. As they approached Roger the Shrubber (OOC: REALLY??), Dist sighed. "I must confess, I don't enjoy talking to witnesses...they tend to be stupid beyond belief, hahahahahahaa," he ended with his laugh, clearly recognizable to anyone who knew him. What he found funny in his statement may not have been clear, but he clearly thought it humorous. He let Daniel make the introductions, as he'd forgotten which murder had taken place here. He was berating himself for the slip in his memory, but didn't want to show ignorance...that wasn't going to help here.

DeletedUser

Roger The Shrubber (????, oh, and Johann, you might want to change the word 'pencil' to 'quill', and add in an inkpot)
"Oh yes then, what have you to ask poor old Roger?" Roger asked as he put a plant to one side.

Raerrith (OOC,: MoW, Sailors? in a landlocked country? :) sorry I didn't mention that at the start....)
On his way to the Green Dragon, Raerrith saw Oren, who was heading back to the castle, without Briccone.
"Oren!" Raerrith barked, "Where's Briccone?" He asked, striding up to him. "Never mind, let's go to the Green Dragon, you can expplain there."
The pair walked up Tonll street and to the Green Dragon, entering, Raerrith spotted Leo in a corner,. sipping his tankard.
Suddenly, Raerrith heard commotion in the street ouside (OOC: More plot!),
Gesturing for Leo to follow, Raerrith walked outside, to see Inquisitor Shyther and a group of guardsmen at the door to a apothecary.
Two guardsmen came out of the door, dragging a terrified old man with them.
"I'm innocent! Innocent I tell you!" He screamed desperately as the guards dragged him along the street.
"SHYTHER! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?" Raerrith roared as he strode over to Shyther.
"I have a lead, Sir." Shyther replied.
"No you don't! You never informed me of one!" Raerrith snarled.
Shyther stepped closer, so that no-one else could hear. "That's because I haven't got a lead."
"Then why are you arresting townsfolk?" Raerrith growled.
Shyther sighed. "You know as well as I do that this case is going nowhere, and if we don't do anything then our jobs will be thrown away, just like that." Shyther clicked his fingers.
"Look, I don't care that you're arresting innocent people, but what I do care about, is that you're doing it WITHOUT MY AUTHORITY!" Raerrith shotued the last part. "And if I catch you doing it again then you're going in that cell with him." Raerrith threatened. "Understand?"
Shyther nodded.
"Good, now back to the castle. Briccone can catch up with us." Raerrith said as he turned around and began to walk back.

DeletedUser

(OOC: Sailors bit was introduced, because that's all I could think of in a pub)

Leo nodded after Raerrith gestured towards him. He quietly left his place and followed Raerrith out of the inn. He leaned back against the door as he watched the scene play. Leo smiled as Raerrith threatened Shyther. Shyther had always been a pain to Leo, and watching him suffer was something he wasn't going to miss.

DeletedUser

Raerrith.
"Leo, Oren, come!' Raerrith ordered, still, as he strode along the dirty street towards the castle, his cloak billowing behind him as Shyther followed him several steps behind.

Shyther.
Shyther followed Raerrith, keeping several steps away, this was interesting, very interesting. Raerrith wasn't opposed to arresting innocents, but he was opposed to anything being done without his authority.
Out of the corner of his eye Shyther spotted Inquisitor Leo Cartridge.
Shyther detested the man, he had effectively bought his way into the Inquisitors, instead of earning it, like all the others.
Shyther moved slightly so he came near Leo.
"Ah, Inquisitor Cartridge, I see you've finally returned from your travels, whilst we did all the work." He said greeting Leo.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31931

Oren followed Raerrith and caught him up. "Briccone needed to see his contact without me otherwise his contact may not have spoken to him. He sent me out to go ask around in pubs, I got nothing sir but I then spotted a certain hooded man running away being chased by Inquisitor Cartridge, I followed this man but lost him after he fired a crossbow and threw a knife at my head. He vanished into the main street and I think he may have bought another set of clothes to loose me. However I have the knife and crossbow bolt that he shot at me as well as his crossbow which he threw to one side." Oren finished presenting his work to Raerrith hoping that Raerrith could see a lead from all of this.

DeletedUser

"Well done." Raerrith replied as Oren explained what he'd been doing. Rerrith looked briefly at the items Oren had give him. "We'll examine these closer when we get back to the castle." Raerrith stated as he picked up his pace.

DeletedUser31931

Oren quickened to catch up with Raerrith and said "Should we send Inquisitor Cartridge to the main street to ask the traders if anyone made a purchase in a hurry in the last half an hour or so. It might give us a description and a lead."

Status
Not open for further replies.