The Eyes Trilogy Part III - Eyes of the Eagle

Red Falcon

2 years had gone by since Red Falcon had returned to his native home, which he called "East of the Sun and West of the Moon". And where exactly was this home of his? Well, far to the American Wild West, there was a series of tall mountain ranges. The village Red Falcon lived in was not very large, though it was quite a good place to live in. The village Red Falcon lived in stood at the top of a 5000-foot cliff, overlooking a vast mountain forest. Behind this cliff were guess what? More mountains! And taller ones too!

And where was Gold Diggo at this time? Why, he was making a pretty good profit as a bandit chaser and an Evangelizer of the Sacred Church of the Onion. However, he wanted to have a friendly duel with Red Falcon. Red Falcon had agreed to duel against Diggo, however...That was 2 freakin' cotton pickin' years ago! Had Red Falcon forgotten all about this here duel?

"Red Falcon...Where in Hell's Tarnations are ya?" Gold Diggo asked after yet ANOTHER unsuccessful search for Red Falcon or his home.

Diggo had been looking for Red Falcon for the past six months, yet he had not found even a single trace of his footpath! He had just ridden all the way from Tennessee to Kansas, when he found a deserted-looking town. He had arrived in this town just barely after dawn. He glanced around...

"Hello? Ain't there anyone livin' here no more?" Diggo asked aloud.

Red Falcon stood at the edge of the cliff on which the village he lived in stood. Standing next to him was another Native American man, named Whistling Leaf. They both smiled, as they stood there, watching the Sun slowly rise into the sky, from the East.

"Today will be a nice day." Red Falcon told Whistling Leaf.

"I am not so sure of this, Red Falcon..." Whistling Leaf replied.

A sudden eerie gust of wind blew their long hair back. They wore their usual native full-length buckskin clothing, but in addition to this, they wore sleek buckskin ponchos. On their backs, they seemed to be carrying what looked like a Tomahawk and some other melee weapon, which took the odd shade of a rather thin spindle on a wooden stick. They turned to each other and gave each other a quick and brief nod.

"Let us go to the East...Something is not right." Red Falcon said.

Without another word, they quickly descended down from the high cliff. On the bottom, they saddled up their quarter horses, which were in a securely locked paddock. Mounting their horses, they rode off to the East.

As Gold Diggo walked around the town, checking out the old-looking buildings, he got hit by a bullet in the arm. Grunting and quickly rolling to the side, he hid himself behind the nearest building.

"Who's there!?" he demanded.

He heard two men laughing from around the corner.

Well, looky here! The great Teacher of the Thirteenth Commandment...Hiding behind an old building, like a N00B!!"

Diggo growled and his anger quickly mounted. He stepped out from behind the building, and faced two strong-looking bandits.

"Now see here!" he shouted, glaring at them. "I ain't no N00B!! In fact, I'm FAR from bein' a noob! You two on the other hand..."

Glancing from the first man, Ron Paul, to the second man, John Rose, Diggo quickly pulled out his Precise Revolver No 1, and shot at Ron Paul. Using his high reflex level, Ron Paul was able to dodge the bullet shot by Gold Diggo. Diggo gasped at how fast Ron Paul was.

"What in the?" he asked.

"My turn!" Ron Paul shouted.

Pulling out a Precise Army Revolver, he tried to shoot at Diggo, but Diggo was able to dodge the bullet, although only narrowly.

"All righty then..." Diggo declared, puling out his Sharp Conquistador Sword. "Let's see you try and escape this!"

Yelling out, he ran at John Rose with sword in hand, but when he slashed at John Rose, the sword did little to no damage against him.

"Huh?" Diggo asked in a dumbfounded voice.

They both chuckled, seeing the sword Diggo had.

"Heh! That looks like the sword we're lookin' for!" Ron Paul commented in a mocking sort-of way. "Too bad it ain't shiny enough!"

"What in the Hell are you rantin' about?" Diggo asked, clearly frustrated.

"Looks like you ain't gonna be beatin' us anytime soon..." John Rose said, pulling out a Sharp Lumberjack Axe. "So, why don't we just end this now?"

As John Rose yelled out and ran at Diggo with his axe, they heard a sudden whistling sound all around them. John Rose suddenly stopped.

"What in the Hell?" he asked.

Just then, several throwing knives were flying at Ron Paul. He quickly used his Reflex to dodge them. They hit the wall of a building behind them.

"Who's throwin' them there knives!?" Ron Paul demanded.

But then, a Sharp Tomahawk went flying at John Rose's head. Gasping, John Rose would not be able to move quickly enough to dodge it.

"Get down, you fool!" Ron shouted, as he yanked John to the ground.

The Sharp Tomahawk went whizzing over their heads. With a loud thunk, it hit the wall of the building, right next to the throwing knives. Gold Diggo gasped and quickly glanced behind him.

"If you're going to try to kill someone..." Red Falcon said. "Shoudn't the two of you be attacking him at once? Or is piling considered a noobish dueling technique?" he added with a smile.

"Red Falcon!" Diggo declared with a smile. "Thank Onion you came!"

Whistling Leaf chuckled. "I think this is the perfect opportunity to test out the weapons our master gave us, don't you, Red?"

Smiling, Red Falcon pulled out the spindle-shaped mace/spear he had strapped to his back. He twirled it nimbly in his fingers. His Eyes of the Hawk could clearly be seen...Those yellow and black eyes made Red Falcon look just as forboding as the last time Gold Diggo saw him!

"Yes, Whistling Leaf...I think the opportunity could not be better."

Ron Paul and John Rose glared and growled.

"You filthy Injuns ain't got nothin' on us!"

Red Falcon and Whistling Leaf both chortled.

"How much money would you like to place on that bet?" Red Falcon asked.

Aiming his Revolver at Red Falcon, he fired, but Red Falcon quickly sprinted left, heading behind one of the buildings. Ron smirked.

"Runnin' to hide, huh?"

At the same time, John Rose yelled out as he ran at Whistling Leaf, the axe held his above his head.

"Wrong move." Whistling Leaf said.

Pressing a small switch on his spindle weapon, the sharp tip of it fired out at John Rose, hitting him in the right shoulder.

"Ow! Got dangit!" he cried out, gripping his shoulder.

But the tip of the spindle was actually a barb! It was now embedded in John Rose's shoulder. Ron Paul gasped, turning to John Rose.

"John Rose! You okay?" he asked.

Suddenly, Red Falcon ran at Ron Paul from the right.

"Look sharp!" he shouted.

"What in the--Agh!"

Ron Paul got hit with the blunt metal mace-end of Red Falcon's spindle-like weapon. He fell hard against John Rose. And at the same time, Whistling Leaf pulled back on his spindle. The barb slid out of John Rose's body, but it took out a section of his shoulder along with it! John Rose screamed in agony and fell to his knees. Ron gasped again.

"What in Satan's Tarnations kinds of weapons are those thangs!?" Ron Paul angrily demanded at Red Falcon and Whistling Leaf.

Red Falcon smiled, staring at the spindle he held, proudly.

"Spindle Spear War Dance Clubs." he told them.

"They will cut you and stab you and they can also beat you apart." Whistling Leaf added with an innocent smirk.

He turned to Red Falcon nodding and still smilaring. "Red. Come. Let us show these men our Victory Dance, shall we?"

"Surely!" Red Falcon replied with a smiling nod.

Gold Diggo cheered and laughed, as Red Falcon and Whistling Leaf shot two more barbs at Ron Paul and John Rose. In case no one noticed, their barbs were attached to ropes, which could be pulled back on...Hence the skin-tearing effectiveness of the barbs. But this time, the ropes were each wrapped around Ron Paul and John Rose. Then, Red Falcon and Whistling Leaf literally ran circles around the two of them, thus binding them together. Then, they separated and secured the bindings. Meaning they separated them from their spindles and secured them to the bandits.

"Yes! You got em! Way to own bandits, you two!" Diggo cheered.

They merely shrugged.

"It was only because we could sense the danger even at our homeland." Red Falcon commented.

"But I fear these men are bandits for hire." Whistling Leaf added. "I recommend you take them to prison and interrogate them."

"Can do." Gold Diggo confirmed.

He glared down at the two hog-tied men. "You two varmints are goin' away for a long time...Anything you've got to say?"

But both Ron Paul and John Rose chuckled.

"We ain't never gonna tell you anythin'!" Ron Paul said arrogantly.

"We like to think we can keep our secrets a secret...Ya reckon what I say?" John Rose added mockingly.

Gold Diggo narrowed his eyes.

"Oh, we'll see how well you can keep those secrets hidden...We'll see."

Just then, they all heard someone call out to them.

"Older brother! Ah! Older brother!" Wisdom Gray shouted.

"Gray Hawk!" Red Falcon declared with a happy smile.

Dropping his spindle, Red Falcon ran over to Gray Hawk...His younger brother! The two of them hugged and exchanged hearty handshakes. Gray Hawk...Also known as Wisdom Grey, was almost a full-on Charlatan! He wore a brown waistcoat, along with a black bowler hat. He also had Charlatan's Shoes on his feet, and a Fancy Bow Tie. In his hand, he carried what looked like a bottle or flask of yellow Corrosive Acid.

Red Falcon smiled and gestured to his outfit. "Ah! I see that you are carrying out your dreams of becoming a fine Medicine Man."

Gray Hawk closed his eyes for a moment, and then opened them. Gray Hawk also possessed unique eyes, but they were quite different than the eyes Red Falcon had...They were the Eyes of the Quail. They were orange and white and very innocent-looking. Gold Diggo saw them.

"Don't tell me you've got them Eyes of the Hawk too?" he asked.

"Eyes of the Hawk?" Gray Hawk asked. "Not at all! These are the Eyes of the Quail. They allow me to see human emotion, whereas Red Falcon's eyes allow him to see across great distances. Eyes like these...They are exceptionally rare. And therefore, they must be used wisely."

Red Falcon clapped Gray Hawk on the back. "Well said, brother."

He then glanced down at the two bandits that he and Whistling Leaf just nabbed, as Whistling Leaf stared up at the sky, silently.

"Now then...I do believe that my friend Whistling Leaf and I should return to our homeland once more. As it is now morning, and we must hunt the deer which swiftly run through the forest close to our home. Diggo...I highly recommend you take these two men to interrogation as soon as you can...I fear that they are hiding a terrible slew of secrets..."

Gold Diggo suddenly shrugged, remembering Red Falcon's promise to engage in a friendly spar with Gold Diggo.

"But...What about our duel?" he asked.

Red Falcon glanced down and shook his head solemnly.

"It shall have to wait until this threat is over." he answered. "But I must congratulate you on a job well done in finding these bandits."

Offering Diggo a handshake, he smiled. Diggo reluctantly shook hands with Red Falcon, but he sighed as they shook hands...He really wanted to test his dueling level against that of Red Falcon's.

Red Falcon turned to his brother smiling. They hugged once more.

"I shall return to my homeland now, brother. I suggest you do the same."

"Yes, my brother." Gray Hawk answered.

As Gold Diggo saddled up his Mustang and connected it to an old wagon, which he placed a struggling Ron Paul and John Rose in, Red Falcon, Whistling Leaf, and Wisdom Gray each saddled up their horses. Red Falcon and Whistling Leaf rode off to the west, while Gray Hawk rode to the east. Finally, Gold Diggo rode to the south, to where the nearest jailhouse was.

Later on that night, in the village of hogans Red Falcon lived in, he and Whistling Leaf, as well as several other Native Americans, including a muscular man named Black River, sat around a campfire, eating a deer that Red Falcon and Whistling Leaf had managed to catch.

As the Sun set to the West, Red Falcon glanced at his mentor, a tall and robust Cheyenne Indian Chief, named Lone Ranger.

"Tell me, Chief...Our land as of right now...Is danger steadfastly approaching it, as I suspected?"

Lone Ranger revealed his Eyes of the Eagle, and gazed out at the horizon, staring out at it for what seemed like forever. Finally, he nodded.

"Yes, Red Falcon. And even though I have no desire to shed blood, we will be pulled into a powerful struggle against ugly evil forces..."

The people in Lone Ranger's village, which was ironically called Orleans stared out at the darkening horizon, grim looks crossed their faces.

At an abandoned railroad station, a very evil-looking monkey's face, which was on the back of a tall and sturdy man's head (Elmyr's head) smirked. The evil monkey's face cackled madly as Elmyr wickedly smirked.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Trivia Questions!

1: Which state does Red Falcon live in, based on the information given in the story?

2: Which item is Gray Hawk missing from the Charlatan's Set?

3: What unique ability do the Eyes of the Eagle grant Lone Ranger?

A picture of the what the spindle that Red Falcon and Whistling Leaf carried might look like: The Spindle